Chapter 19 - Day After

Poisonous Love

Muzik hissed in pain as she sat on her bathroom floor, sprawled out on the floor, out of breath. Whoever they were, their powers were incredibly scary, and she only saw two of them use their gifts. She wasn’t sure if they had more or what the others were capable of. Hissing again, she sat up with her back to the wall as she looked down at her torn pants at her shin, where her burnt skin was visible.

“Damn bastard got a good hit.” She hissed reaching up onto the sink counter for the first-aid kit she had out. She’d die if she had to explain to Aria why she needed to be healed, best for it to go away on its own. Hesitantly dabbing a cotton ball drenched in alcohol onto her shin while she bit into the folded towel in to muffle her screams that so badly needed to be released, she finally was able to cover it was a bandage before sighing in relief.

“I broke the vase in the bathroom and fell on it half asleep.” She muttered the excuse she was going to go with when her sisters found out in the morning.

 

“You broke my vase!!” Aunt Jayde shouted angrily when Muzik let them know what happened. Muzik just rolled her eyes, pulling her school bag up onto her shoulder.

“You asked.” Muzik retorted annoyed, slipping into her boots uncaring to what her aunt wanted to whine about.

“I’m leaving.” Muzik muttered quickly walking out the door into the warm morning air.

“I can’t believe she broke it.” Aunt Jayde whined holding the shattered pieces of her vase in her hand.

“I’m sure there is a logical reason Aunt Jayde. You know Muzik isn’t the sort to randomly brake things that belong to others, even if she’s pissed.” Celeste mentioned to their distraught aunt who was still a mess staring at what was supposedly a family heirloom.

“Go to school girls, we’ll talk more when you get back after your club activities.” Aunt Jayde mentioned in monotone as the two sisters sighed before running out to meet with their mysterious sister.

“You’re not one to fall over things easily.” Aria mentioned to her older sister as they caught up with her down the street. Muzik just simply ignored them and continued on her way.

“Are you sure you’re alright? You’re limping like it hurts.” Celeste mentioned leaning forward to look at Muzik.

“I told you guys, I’m fine, it’s just a small cut. I just wrapped it because I didn’t want it to get infected.” Muzik explained uncaring as the two sisters looked across at each other unsure.

“Did you have a bad dream last night unnie?” Aria asked interested as Muzik looked to her confused.

“Why?” She asked narrowing her eyes.

“Well you’re power was fluctuating all over the place.” Aria explained while Muzik’s eyes shot open.

“Even I felt it, if it was any higher someone may have been able to track us.” Celeste added as Muzik sighed in relief.

“I had a hard time sleeping last night, that’s all.” Muzik spoke through her teeth.
“Vision’s again? Something we should be worried about?” Celeste asked hesitantly.

“No.” Muzik answered uncaring.

 

“Omo what happened to your leg?” Daesung asked being one of the first in the class to notice the wrap around her shin. She sat down, sighing loudly before flipping her bangs out of her face to look at the blonde man next to her.

“I fell.” She answered in a flat tone causing him to blink in confusion.

“Are you sure? You’re face sort of says it all that it’s something else.” Daesung pointed out as she shrugged.

“I fell, that’s all you need to know.” She answered annoyed before turning to the discussion ahead.

“So the choir is doing a coffee shop for the festival, most of the others are already involved in their other clubs, can you help?” Daesung asked causing Muzik to sigh annoyed before turning to him. In all honesty, the boxing club were planning on doing a dunk tank, and they wanted her to be in it, she wanted to refuse but she didn’t have a good enough reason. This could be that reason.

“Whatever.” She muttered as his eyes shot open.

“Really?!” He spoke excitedly before she turned away nodding.

“We have a meeting after school today.” He informed quickly.

 

“Aria!” Hana cheered seeing her friend walk in the door.

“Morning.” Aria welcomed bowing as Hana hugged her.

“What’s with the grim look? You look like you just walked out of a funeral?” Hana asked worried as Aria immediately pulled a smile on her face.

“No, nothing’s wrong. I’m just………… *yawns* tired.” Aria lied as Hana chuckled patting her friends head.

“Excuse me?” A voice interrupted the two causing them to look back over their shoulder.

“Omo, Seungri oppa.” Hana whispered surprised as Aria blushed, looking away from his stare.

“About the school festival and our club.” He started as Hana blinked between the two confused.

“Oh the School’s Festival is coming up.’ Hana mentioned in realization causing Seungri to smile carefully and nod before turning his attention to the blushing girl.

“Can I be your partner for the flyer passing?” He asked with a bright smile causing Hana to gasp.

“Is the Book Club in charge of passing flyers out this year?” she asked as Aria pushed her glasses up her nose before nodding.

“Can I?” Seungri asked again leaning over the chairs towards her as she blushed pulling away from him.

“Um.’ She whispered unsure as how she should answer, being saved by the bell Seungri stood up and smiled down at her.

“I’ll eagerly await your answer.” He announced before walking away, leaving the two girls surprised and speechless.

 

“You guys are doing a Haunted H-House?” Woohyun asked surprised as Celeste nodded.

“The entire track team, so we’re setting it up in the gym.” She explained while Woohyun swallowed loudly, nervous.

“Are you afraid of Haunted Houses?” Celeste smirked. Woohyun snorted brushing her off.

“Pffft, what kind of guy would I be if I was afraid of something like that?” He asked outraged as Celeste chuckled.

“Then you’ll come and visit me right?” She asked expectantly as his eyes shot open.

“Um, s-sure.” He stuttered while she chuckled.

“I expect to see you there then.” She added turning to her homework.