Chapter 13 - Meeting New People

Poisonous Love

 

 

“You think she’ll be okay with him?” Aria asked up to Celeste as she walked her to her book club.

“She’ll be fine, this is Muzik we’re talking about. Even if he ends up being some , she’ll know before he even makes a move on her.” Celeste pointed out causing Aria to chuckle and nod in agreement to that statement.

 

“Finally.” Muzik whispered in relief once she was able to relieve herself, since she had been testing all afternoon, unable to go. Walking over to the sink, she looked at herself in the mirror, smirking to see that the slit in her lip really wasn’t there anymore, thanks to Aunt Jayde’s secret cream. She didn’t know the girls used it, but not wanting to address attention to them again, they couldn’t risk Aria using her healer powers. Curling her hair around her ear, she quickly washed her hand before hearing a pair of heels walk in, followed by the door shutting. Turning off the water, she looked up through her bangs into the mirror to see the same girls from her class, walking in before taking notice of her.

“Oh look what we have here.” One spoke amused as Muzik sighed, adjusting her hair band, uncaring.

“See yah.” Muzik spoke walking past them towards the door, quickly ducking in time to see a hand punch the door. She glared at the girl now holding her fist in pain before smirking.

“Don’t think so.” Muzik hissed looking at the others before unlocking the door and walking out into the empty hallway. Suddenly having that feeling of being watched again, she shut her eyes seeing if her visions would allow her some piece of mind, nothing. Her eyes shot open as her eyes darted down to the empty stairwell. She could have sworn someone was standing right there moments ago. Shrugging her shoulders she continued walking before hearing yelling followed by her body being pressed up against the opposite wall while a chair crashed to the ground where she had been standing. She stood there, slightly confused as to why her visions hadn’t warned her, then an unfamiliar scent had attacked her nose causing her to look up to the tall figure towering over her.

 

“Track. Track. Track. Track.” Celeste chanted changing in the girls locker room, into a pair of short sweats, a tank top, and tennis shoes before putting her hair up into a high ponytail.

“Who does she think she is?” A voice whispered as Celeste stopped momentarily feeling eyes on her from the corner.

“Look at her, she really thinks she’ll make the team.” The other whispered while Celeste slammed the locker, locking it before glaring over at the girls with a smile.

“Hi.” She spoke through her teeth, keeping a smile on her face before she walked out into the hot sun to see everyone already lining up on the field they were holding tryouts at.

“Unnie!” a voice called as she looked over to see Aria’s classmate Hana waving for her to come stand by her. She stood by Hana as they waited for everyone to arrive. Soon enough the boy named Jiyong along with a few other guys and a few girls walked over from their spot under a tent. They explained how tryouts were going to go, everyone separated into the different categories they wanted to try for, before they began. Celeste stood alone with boys for the 500 meters run.

“Seriously a girl?” One spoke offended seeing Celeste standing in their group.

“Hey, you!” A voice shouted as Celeste looked over her shoulder, already glaring at them.

“What?” She asked as they looked at each other surprised before putting the brave face on.

“What makes you think you’ll be able to make the team with us on it?” One asked coolly causing Celeste to chuckle and amused before turning to them fully.

“What makes you think I’ll lose?” She asked cockily as they gasped.

“I outta….” One started before their conversation was interrupted by a chuckle. Everyone looked over as Celeste’s eyes connected with Jiyong’s.

“What seems to be the problem in this group?” He asked slipping his arms into his sweats pockets as the guys nervously bowed.

“We just don’t think it’s fair to go up against a girl.” One pointed out as Celeste rolled her eyes.

“And what do you think?” Jiyong asked as Celeste blushed noticing her eyes had been fixed on him the entire time.

“Um…well I honestly don’t care what they think, they don’t know me.” Celeste spoke uncaring before turning away. Jiyong smirked at her answer, not only was she beautiful, she was uncaring of what other said about her even though she was a girl. Cocky, just how he liked them. Inwardly he his fangs that had begun to show themselves, swallowing deeply watching as she curled her bangs away from her face, giving him a perfect view of her neck. She smelt absolutely delicious, more so compared to any other girl he ran across.

“We’ll see.” He spoke smirking at Celeste before walking away. The group Celeste was assigned to, got set up at the marker line.

“Don’t trip now.” One man teased over causing her to snort.

“Over what? You?” She asked over teasingly causing him to growl.

“Why don’t you worry about watching me run, because all you’ll see is my in front of you.” She spat smirking as she stared ahead.

 

“Excuse me?” Aria whispered stepping into the room to see a few people in there.

“Oh, are you new here?” One asked excitedly standing from the table while she nodded.

“I’m Aria Ambrose, nice to meet you.” Aria quickly introduced herself bowing as the girl walked over smiling.

“I’m Eujong, welcome to the Book Club.” She introduced causing Aria to smile. This was her type of crowd, no one talked, just reading. About halfway through the door barged opened showing an out of breath boy leaning on his knees. Aria looked over confused along with the others before he looked up surprising everyone.

“Seungri-ssi?” Eujong spoke surprised as his eyes connected with Aria’s, sending a smile across his face.

“Are you looking for someone?” Eujong asked confused as he stepped in and shut the door.

“Nope, I came to join.” He mentioned causing everyone to gasp. He walked in, casually pulling out the seat next to Aria before sitting down.

“Hi.” Seungri spoke as Aria blushed from behind her glasses.

“My name is Seungri, you can call me Riri.” He added as she hesitantly looked over to see him smiling at her.

“I’m Aria Ambrose, nice to meet you.” She spoke respectfully causing him to sigh in relief. The entire club remainder, he just held a book in his hand, acting like he was reading, but in reality he was strangely attracted to such a strange girl. He had searched every club that day, until he finally found the one with her in it. She interested him, more than anyone because of one thing, she was the first girl that he couldn’t read her mind.

 

“Um.” Muzik whispered unsure how to answer as she stared up into the eyes of the man, unable to move, unable to put together any words, or blink for that matter. He smirked, noticing that he had her full attention before turning to the girls that had thrown the chair, he let a low growl rip from between his teeth as they yelped terrified.

“We’re sorry Top-ssi.” They quickly said afraid before running off leaving the two alone in the hallway. TOP then turned his attention to the interesting girl still standing between him and the wall, taking one last sniff of her intoxicating aroma before stepping away. She blushed, fixing her hair and outfit before hesitantly looking to him.

“Um, thank you.” Muzik mentioned in a whisper, suddenly feeling vulnerable, a strange feeling. He smirked, hearing her heart race even more. This girl had been terrorizing his thoughts since the moment he saw her, her scent was different from normal humans, one he hadn’t run across before, it was interesting to him.

“No problem.” He finally spoke sending her heart into overdrive. What Hana said about his voice was true, if that wall wasn’t behind her, she would have collapsed in shock. It was strangely deep.

“Well I have to get to…” She started before her interrupted.

“Daesung’s choir practice.” He added as she froze mid-sentence and nodded.

“I have Drama, so I guess I’ll see you later.” He mentioned walking away as she stood there stunned.

“Be careful.” He added waving over his shoulder without looking back.

“What the hell?” She whispered to herself outraged by the pounding of her heart.

“Stop being a wuss, breathe, breathe.” She whispered to herself, walking in the opposite direction, stopping at the end of the hallway, she hesitantly looked over her shoulder to see him look over his at the same time. WHAT THE HELL?!