Chapter 36 - Growing Closer

Poisonous Love

“Does this sort of thing happen to you a lot?” TOP asked interested as he continued to follow her to her other clubs booth. She just sighed in reaction before narrowing her eyes as she looked over.

“Why are you following me?” She asked as he looked over by the sudden question. He froze in his spot before clenching his jaw. What was he doing? This wasn’t like him to suddenly be worried about such a thing and then follow her to make sure she was ok.

“Uhh, I don’t know.” He growled holding his head irritated that he had lost himself for a moment there.

“I should get back to my booth.” He announced turning in the opposite direction quickly, no matter how hard it was for him to do so.

“Alright.” She answered as he took a step before looking over his shoulder to see her watching him.

“Be careful, alright?” He mentioned as she blushed embarrassed, curling a stray hair behind her ear, looking away before finally nodding.

“I got it.” She answered annoyed as he smirked.

“And thanks.” She added as his eyes widened before looking closely to see her smiling through the hair hanging in her face.

“Like I said before, anytime.” He mentioned proudly causing her to finally chuckle before looking up. That had to be the first time he saw her laugh in his presence or since they had met. His heart suddenly felt warm as he watched her laugh before clearing when she realized what she had done.

“If anyone is ever giving you a hard time, just call for me, I’ll come.” He added just to see her blush, like he knew she would. Slipping his hands into his pockets, he turned away from her, waving once to her before walking away.

 

Muzik stood there in surprise to what just happened. Never in life had she ever been the damsel in distress, but suddenly with this guy around, it felt like she wanted to find trouble just to see him. She sighed loudly, slapping her temple to knock some sense into her as she watched his figure disappear around the corner.

“What is happening to me? I was never a wimp.” She muttered to herself before turning on her way back towards the booth.

“I’m getting soft being here in this godforsaken school.” She scolded herself before walking quicker towards the booth.

“OH Muzik-ah! Finally!” Donghae the Boxing clubs captain shouted from the booth as Muzik waved less than enthusiastic towards him.

“I’m just going to change and I’ll be right out.” She quickly interrupted him, grabbing a few things from her bag, hiding it under the table before walking to the nearest restroom to quickly change  into a pair of sweat shorts and the clubs t-shirt. She carefully folded her mother’s dress before walking out to bump into someone causing her to fall to her backside.

“Oh, it’s that girl.” One muttered as Muzik looked up to see them looking down at them.

“Whisper all you want, I can hear you.” Muzik snorted standing up before dusting off her backside, quickly grabbing her mother’s dress from the ground to dust it also.

“Are you dating TOP Oppa?” One asked as she about tripped on her own legs before looking over surprised.

“Excuse me?” Muzik asked unsure as to what she heard.

“We saw you talking to him earlier by the gym so we assumed…” One started as Muzik rolled her eyes irritated.

“We’re not dating.” She spoke in monotone before walking away briskly towards the booth.
“Finally.” Jimmy, another one of the clubs members mentioned when he saw Muzik inside the booths tent putting her clothes back into her bag. Donghae grabbed Muzik around the shoulder playfully before facing her towards the dunk tank.

“I must be a genius to make our ONLY female member the candidate for the dunk tank.” He announced as the other members chuckled while Muzik shrugged out of his arms.

“I’m the ONLY female, doesn’t take a person with a brain to point out the obvious.” She mentioned crossing her arms over her chest while everyone muffled their laughter.

“Anyways, come on, get up there.” Donghae quickly changed the subject, helping Muzik up the ladder to her spot sitting above the water.

 

 

 

“Aria!” A voice called as the pair plus their aunt made their way towards where Muzik’s booth was supposed to be. Aria turned along with her family to see a young girl running towards her.

“Seungri Oppa’s in trouble!” She said panicked as Aria’s eyes shot open worried.

“What?! Where?” Aria asked quickly as she pointed over towards the school’s pool.

“I gotta go.” Aria said quickly tossing her food to her aunt before running off.

“Aria!” Aunt Jayde shouted before Celeste grabbed her arm to stop her.

“Best to leave her to it, she’ll be fine if it’s that boy.” Celeste whispered hesitantly as they watched her run up the stairs into the school.

“What boy? What’s going on?” Aunt Jayde whined using the napkin she had grabbed to wipe off the sauce now running down her arm. Celeste just sighed, bowing her thanks to the girl that had delivered the news than to her aunt.

“Aria is experiencing things for the first time. You always told us to let it just run it’s course.” Celeste mentioned before looking over to the booths again.
“Is this Seungri boy a boy she likes?” Aunt Jayde asked as celeste sighed again.

“Just leave it alone, please.” Celeste whined over to her Aunt. The girls hated when their Aunt got involved with their personal business.

 

“Seungri!” Aria shouted as she ran up the steps to the pool area of the school. She didn’t know what to expect but that student said he was in trouble, she suddenly felt as if she needed to help him. Finally bursting through the glass doors that led to the pool only to run straight into his open arms. She yelped in surprise before quickly pulling away to fix her attire before glaring over at him.

“What’s going on? Are you hurt?” She asked worried, grabbing his arms before looking him over. He just chuckled causing her to stop and look up at him confused. That’s when she realized his true intentions only angering her.
“I thought you were in trouble!” She shouted annoyed as she looked around to see that they were the only ones in there. He smirked, never knowing that he would be right on the money, she would come running if he were in trouble.

“You like me, don’t you?” He suddenly asked as she froze in her steps, never looking over.

“You like me. That’s the only reason why you would come running when a total stranger told you I was in trouble.” Seungri mentioned just staring at the back of her neck, his lips.

“I’m leaving.” She informed before walking as he grabbed her, pulling her towards him only to have his lips land on her forehead.

“Don’t make me go away again, I know you like me.” He whispered against her forehead, smiling when he felt the warmth spread across her face.

“Let me go.” She whined pushing off of him causing him to chuckle as he watched her stumble.

“You can’t lie to me anymore Aria! I know!” He shouted laughing as he watched her run out the doors into the sun.

 

Aria ran out the front doors before sighing in annoyance when her feet made contact with the cement walkway.

“I can’t believe he did that.” She whispered in shock to herself, quickly looking down to adjust her outfit before looking up, yelping in surprise.

“YA!” She snapped pushing him by his shoulder as he chuckled at her expression.

“Sorry, you get scared easily, did you know that?” He asked as she snorted, quickly turning away to get away from him.

“I think this is the most I have ever heard you speak before.” He suddenly said as she came to a halt before looking over. Aria was shy at first, it took some time for others to break that outer shell she had protecting her, and even when they did, she still seemed shy and awkward. But this was strange, she couldn’t explain it, why did she suddenly speak to him like she’s known him her whole life? Ignoring his statement she ran down the steps before turning.

“Can I ask you to go somewhere with me?” Seungri asked once he caught up to her.

“Go where?” She whispered never looking over to him.

“To dinner.” He answered as her heart thumped loudly in her chest. Was he asking her out?
“No.” She answered in monotone as he gasped sarcastically.

“Hey, that’s mean.” He whined, she ignored him easily.

“How about just a walk around the mall then? You’re sisters are welcome to come if that’ll make you feel more comfortable.” Seungri offered as she sighed, desperately trying to look for some excuse to ditch him.

“I don’t know.” She muttered as he closely watched her.

“I’ll wait for you after the festival at the front gates then.” He chuckled. Aria turned to deny him only to find that he was gone. Her head quickly whipped around, he was nowhere in sight.

“Figures.” She whispered before continuing on her way to pass out flyers.

 

Aunt Jayde finally left with a few new things learned about her nieces. Celeste made her way back to the gym, through the back door then into the changing room where her costume was waiting for her. Taking the last bite of food she had left, she threw it into the trash can before beginning to change. That’s when that same chill ran up her spine. Her eyes shot open before she quickly turned around to see Jiyong standing on the other side, shirt off, luckily his pants were still on. She sighed in annoyance, turning back to her cape before slipping it over her body.

“Why is it every time I’m changing, you’re not far behind?” She spat turning to watch as he pulled his own costume on. She had a hard time pulling her eyes away from his body. When was it normal for a high schooler to have as many tattoos as him? Or any for that matter. She blushed when she realized where her thoughts had led her, looking up to see that same smug smirk painted across his face.

“Like what you see?” He asked cockily causing her to snort before she turned to the mirror in front of her to apply the needed face paint.

“You wish.” She muttered, opening the face paint container on the desk in front of her, then looking up, flinching in surprise to see that he was now standing directly behind her, smirking. She involuntarily leaned further forward when she felt his warm breath blow across her back.
“Don’t act like you don’t like me.” He whispered as she narrowed her eyes at him through the mirror.

“I can clearly see the way I make you feel.” He spoke proudly causing her to snort before purposely whipping her ponytail around to hit his face.

“You clearly don’t know me.” She hissed before pushing past him and through the curtains that led into the Haunted House. He chuckled, leaning against the desk before crossing his arms, amused.

“You clearly don’t know ‘me’.” He whispered back before walking in the opposite direction. The things you are most forbidden to do are the most exhilarating things to do.