Chapter 3 - Moving

Poisonous Love

Present Day:

After numerous times of moving around, from state to state, the family of hunters arrived in Seoul, Korea, a foreign country looking for shelter against those that were trying to dispose of them. Luckily before they left the states, that family friend came in handy making special bracelets for the girls to wear that would mask their powers and aura, both of which they had figured being the one thing that was attracting the vampires. The girls were all instructed to wear them at all times, even to show, they needed to wear them.

“How are we supposed to live here if we don’t even speak the language?” Muzik asked over annoyed to her Aunt as they climbed off the plane and into the international airport.

“Girls, this is for the best, as long as you don’t take those off, everything will be ok.” Aunt Jayde informed over, gesturing down to their wrists where the bracelets still laid. The girls all nodded in understanding following their Aunt obediently out of the airport and to the curb with their bags.

“It’s so hot here.” Aria whined pulling open her coat as Aunt Jayde spoke to someone on the phone.

“Who is she talking to?” Celeste whispered down to Aria who looked up and over to Aunt Jayde in a trance.

“Some man that was friends with dad, he’s supposed to take us to our new house.” Aria mentioned in monotone while the older sisters looked at each other hesitantly.

“You think she would learn we can’t trust anyone after having to move a million times.” Muzik mumbled over to Celeste who nodded in agreement keeping their eyes on their Aunt.

“Alright, our ride is on its way. Let’s go get the rest of the bags.” Aunt Jayde mentioned grabbing Muzik and Aria, leaving Celeste at the curb with the other bags. Back and forth, back and forth they went before the curb was packed with suitcases and boxes.

“I think that’s all of them.” Aunt Jayde mentioned before Aria and Muzik collapsed onto the heap of bags out of breath. After endless waiting, a black car plus a large moving van showed up, pulling up and parking directly in front of them.

“Girls, get in the back of the car. I’ll take care of the bags.” Aunt Jayde informed as the girls nodded. Celeste walked over to open the back of the door, only to have another hand do so. She looked up the arm of the man to the owner, an elder Asian man who just smiled at them.

“You must be Master Alessandro’s daughters.” He spoke in perfect Korean while the 3 hesitantly nodded.

“We have a lot of time for introductions, in you go.” He said cheerfully gesturing to the back seat of the car. One by one the girls climbed in before sitting uncomfortably, looking back to their aunt and a few other men were loading the truck with their things.

“No need to be nervous girls, I am not going to hurt you.” The driver mentioned looking at the girls through the rear view mirror.

“We’re not nervous; we just don’t trust anyone we don’t know.” Muzik admitted bluntly causing the man to chuckle.

“You must be Ms. Muzik.” He asked pointing over his shoulder at a surprised girl.

“You’re father always mentioned how blunt and rebellious you were.” He spoke as if he knew them.

“The youngest and shyest would be Ms. Aria or Little Ari.” He added gesturing to the youngest sister.

“And the eldest and head strong, Ms. Celeste.” He said lastly as the girls nodded slightly surprised that he had got it right.

“I’m Simon Kim, you may call me Simon.” He introduced smiling as the passenger door opened allowing Aunt Jayde to climb in.

“It’s so nice to see you again Simon.” Aunt Jayde sighed as the girls looked to the both confused.

“You’re father came here for business a lot.” Aunt Jayde explained before the girls nodded in understanding. They sat quietly through the ride through town and to a house that was on the other side of town. It wasn’t as big as the house they had originally lived in with their parents but it was large enough for all of them. They pulled up to the front door of the house before finally being able to climb out of the car.

“You’re father had kept this house in case of emergencies.” Aunt Jayde explained helping the girls out.

“Go pick out your rooms; I’ll let the men help get your things in.” Aunt Jayde said as the girls nodded and walked over to the large door. The house was beautiful inside and out, the girls had nothing to complain about. One by one they picked their own rooms, one across from the other and walked in to see that the room had already been prepared for them, a bed, dressers, televisions, various accessories for the room.

“Dad must have known we were coming.” Celeste whispered to herself as she walked over to the photos on the nightstand of herself, her sisters and her parents. They all used the day to unpack their things into various places in the room.

Muzik laid on the bed left out for her while the men began piling box after box into her room. Shutting her eyes, letting the only power she was allowed to use go, foresight. Everything seemed ok before she sighed and sat up to the men in her room.

“If you were planning on tying me down and doing erted things to me, I would think twice. I’m not just a regular 16 year old.” Muzik hissed amused causing the guys eyes to shoot open before they took off running out of the room.

“Bastards.” She whispered lying back down before holding her arm in the air, amused by the simple looking bangle hanging on her wrist.

“Evil little toy.” She hissed flicking it annoyed.

“It’s the only thing keeping evil away from you.” A voice mentioned as she looked over to see Celeste in her doorway.

“What if we get attack with these on? I don’t care what anyone says, I’m ripping it off.’ Muzik mentioned annoyed as she climbed off her bed and began going through her boxes.

“Muzik, you’re going to threaten our lives just for your pride?” Celeste asked annoyed before Muzik turned to her.

“Celeste, let me ask you? If an innocent person was being fed on right in front of you, you are telling me you would stand there and do nothing? You only have your ‘telescopic vision’ but it’s not like that could save them.” Muzik spat causing Celeste to sigh and nod in agreement.

“Alright, for once you are right there.” Celeste sighed taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

“I’m not saying to let go and show off, I’m saying if we were genuinely in danger or someone was being attacked we would have to do something.” Muzik mumbled digging through the boxes.

“Well look at you, you know Mixed Martial Arts, but Aria, she’s defenseless.” Celeste whispered while Muzik stood up and looked to her sister.

“That’s why we need to keep an eye on her, fighting them with skill isn’t going to help anyways.” Muzik added annoyed.

By the end of the day, everything was unpacked and set away in the various rooms, it was starting to seem like home again.

“Girls!” Aunt Jayde shouted up the stairs before it was followed by the running of various feet. Aunt Jayde and an unidentified man sat in the living room as the girls walked in before skidding to a halt.

“Aunt Jayde?” Aria whispered confused keeping close to her sisters.

“Hi girls, I’m a friend of your fathers.” The man introduced standing up as the girls just stared at him seriously.

“They get that from their mother for sure.” He teased over to Jayde who just chuckled and nodded.

“It’s alright girls, he’s here to help you.” She reassured gesturing for them to sit on the couch across from them, which they did.

“I’m Adam Aliveres, I’m a very close friend of your fathers.” He introduced as the girls continued to stare at him.

“I’m here to help you learn the language and culture of Korea.” He added as the girls now looked at him confused.

“Why would we need to learn it?” Celeste asked as Aunt Jayde sighed.

“Girls, you’ve been through a tough life, and as promised, I have asked Adam here to teach you for a few months before school starts in August.” She explained as the girls eyes shot open.

“We’re going to school?” Aria asked with a smile causing Aunt Jayde to nod and laugh.

“I promised. So Adam here, will help you learn the language in the next 5 months, then when August comes around you will start.” She announced sending a smile over each girl. They had never been to school before, even when they were younger, their parents had always home schooled them to keep them safe. But now with these bracelets, there was nothing to be afraid of.

 

“Any word on the daughters?” The voice asked as the bowing man shook his head.

“We searched the house and it seems they have ran again.” He answered as the larger man sighed.

“We need to find them immediately. Contact the branches.” He informed as the bowed man nodded and walked out of the room.

“Boys.” He called as 5 men walked out from the shadows in front of him, bowing.

“Yes you’re majesty.” They asked causing him to smile.

“I have a task at hand for the 5 of you.” He spoke smirking.