Chapter 38 - Let Me Go

Poisonous Love

The Haunted House was finally over as we slowly tried to clean up as many things as we could before the firework show.

“Good work today Unnie!” A voice sang causing Celeste to look over her shoulder from her mess.

“Ah Hana-ah, have fun?” Celeste asked interested causing her to chuckle and nod.

“So what are your plans after this?” Hana asked ripping down a few decorations before throwing to the floor, that was the plan.

“Not sure, I’m sure my sisters are probably somewhere around here getting ready to watch the fireworks.” Celeste answered doing the same as Hana, constantly ripping down decorations.

“Hey unnie, there’s a rumor going around.” Hana suddenly said as Celeste froze, suddenly worried before looking to the younger woman.

“What kind of rumor? Who?” She asked hesitantly as Hana sighed, playing with the plastic décor in her hand.

“It’s about your sister, Muzik.” She mentioned as her heart sighed in relief but at the same time panicked, unsure what the rumor was.

“Is it a bad one?” She asked unsure if she truly wanted to know.

“The rumor is that she’s dating one of the Big Bang boys.” Hana explained as Celeste sighed loudly in relief before plopping down to the ground on her backside.

“Unnie!” Hana shouted panicked as she knelt in front of the older woman.
“Are you ok?” She asked worried while Celeste put a hand through her hair before looking up to Hana.

“I thought it was something bad.” She whispered as Hana blinked on confusion before pulling back.

“Huh?” She asked as celeste looked up to her confused face.

“I thought it was something like she killed someone, or she beat up a teacher.” Celeste mentioned looking down to her hands in relief.

“Her dating a Big Bang boy?” Celeste then asked as Hana nodded in acknowledgement.

“It isn’t true.” Celeste answered as Hana blinked a few times.

“How do you know?” Hana asked as Celeste chuckled, curling a hair behind her ear.

“Muzik is the type of person, even if she likes the guy she won’t date him. And even then, it’ll take her months or even years to get comfortable enough around him.” Celeste explained as Hana looked around trying to process everything.

“What was the rumor exactly?” Celeste asked narrowing her eyes.

“Um, I overheard these girls saying they saw the two of them talking near the gym earlier. They said that it seems that the two was growing close. No one’s ever seen TOP oppa that close to a girl before, so many times.” Hana explained as Celeste sighed, leaning her back against the wall in thought. What was her sister thinking?

“Well its’ not true, I’m sure it’s far from true.” Celeste mentioned causing Hana to nod.

“Hyung’s doing what?” A voice startled the pair causing Hana to yelp before throwing herself across the opening into Celeste lap terrified. The voice chuckled as the pair looked over. Hana blushed, pulling out of Celeste’s lap leaving Celeste to glare annoyed at the man.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.” Jiyong apologized, bowing his head as Hana blushed.

“I’ll see you at the firework show later Unnie.” Hana rushed before running down the hallway out of view. Celeste watched her disappear before carefully standing off the ground to clean up.

“Did something happen with TOP Hyung?” Jiyong asked both interested and worried as Celeste sighed, not turning to look at him.

“Nothing important.” She answered in monotone while he stood there and watched her work for a bit.

“Are you upset?” He suddenly asked as she turned to look at him.

“What?” She asked with her eyebrows stitched together. He stepped in, pulling the curtain shut behind him before leaning against the doorway.

“I didn’t mean to do what I did earlier.” He mentioned as she froze knowing exactly what he was talking about.

“You just leaped on me because I was basically in front of you right?” She spat annoyed as he sighed, massaging his forehead. This wasn’t supposed to happen. She was supposed to simply agree with his statement and then move on, but it seemed she was offended by it.

“No, that wasn’t it.” He retorted as she turned her back to him snorting. He couldn’t understand why he suddenly needed to explain himself to such a person.

“All guys are alike, they see a half- woman standing in front of them and figure they can jump at the opportunity.” She seethed before glaring over her shoulder at him.

“You’re just like all the other bastards in the world.” She whispered dropping the plastic covers to the ground before walking off, away from him. He was honestly upset by her remark, this wasn’t how it was supposed to go. Sighing loudly, flipping his red bangs out of his face, he ran down the hallway after her.

“Ya!” He shouted when she was in hearing range. She froze before whipping her head around to glare at him, he surprisingly flinched at the expression.

“DID YOU JUST YA ME?!” She snapped as he looked around hesitantly to see no one was around.

“I can’t believe you think just because you are some almighty god here at this damn school that you can do whatever you please and brush it off!” She snapped now standing in front of him. He quietly listened to her rant.

“Well you know what? I’m not like all the other I’m sure you are used to wooing.” She scoffed before turning away only to have him grab her wrist and tug towards him. She stumbled in surprise towards his chest. It took everything in him to not purge his fangs into her neck, but he held her to his chest nonetheless.

“Let me go!” She snapped pushing off his chest, no matter how intoxicating the scent coming off of him was. He gripped her tightly before pulling her into his chest again, this time her head rested on his shoulder, panicked.

“Let me go.” She whispered as he held her there feeling his fangs begin to grow now that her neck was visible for him, directly in his view.

“Why?” He whispered back, holding behind her neck as he looked ahead.

“Just let me go.” She begged as he pulled away worried to see the tears at the brim of her eyelids. What happened?
“I can’t. Let me go, please.” She whispered avoiding eye contact as he quickly reached over, grabbing her chin to face him, watching the small tears fall from her eyes down her cheeks.

“What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” He asked worried as she blinked before pulling away from him quickly.

“I need to leave.” She whispered turning to leave as his hand reached out for hers again.

“Watch the fireworks with me.” He asked as she bit her lip looking for some sort of excuse.

“No, I’m watching it with my sisters.” She answered pulling her hand out of his before scurrying off. Jiyong stood there frozen for a few minutes, just staring down the hallway where she had disappeared. He clenched his fists before punching the nearest wall to him, sending it groaning as it fell over startling the girls in the next hallway. He bowed his apologies before quickly excusing himself out of the gym. Making sure that no one was around, he let his urge go. Groaning quietly he hissed when his eyes turned red. This girl was doing things to him that he never thought possible.