Chapter 42 - Protection

Poisonous Love

 

 

Hey. Don’t walk around alone.” A voice startled Muzik as she walked alone up the street, really unsure to where she was going exactly. She stopped and looked over her shoulder to see none other than her knight in shining armor smiling at her.

I just needed to get away from them.” She answered slipping her hands into her pocket before continuing to walk, not waiting for him to catch up to her.

Are you alright?” TOP asked, side eying the quiet girl walking next to him.

Why wouldn’t I be?” She asked in monotone, keeping her eyes ahead.

I’m just wondering, those bastards didn’t do anything disgusting to you, did they?” He then asked as she looked up to him, slightly amused.

Why? Are you going to leave me alone if they did?” She asked seriously as a small growl ripped through his teeth before he quickly looked away, scared for her to see his face right now.
Did they?” He asked in a deeper voice this time. If they did do anything to her, he would leave her this moment to kill them himself. No use stopping him, this girl was burying her deeper and deeper in his cold heart. There was no use stopping her from entering since she was so deep. The only woman in the thousands of years he had lived that had this sort of effect on his rotting heart. It actually beat for her. She looked away from him before sighing.

No, if they did, I would have taken care of it.” She whispered irritated, curling a hair behind her ear. TOP sighed, slightly in relief by the comment she had given him.

How is the boxing club going?” TOP asked, being it the first time he was actually making any sort of small talk.

It’s fine. Better than the choir.” She muttered causing him to smile proudly. At least she hated Daesung’s group, just as he did.

So you don’t like Daesung then?” He asked interested as she turned to connect eyes with him.

I didn’t say that. I said I hate the class.” She spoke quickly turning away from his jealous eyes.

 

Muzik tried to not look at him any longer than she did, it was driving her insane. How was someone she barely knew able to have such an effect on her? She sighed when she noticed her thoughts had drifted to the man she was trying to avoid.

“Annoying.” She whispered to herself, turning to look at the empty street, only a few cars here and there.

This is actually a really dangerous street you know.” TOP suddenly offered as she looked over surprised.

Why?” She asked turning to look around for any sorts of danger.

There are a lot of clubs hidden over here.” He explained pointing across the street into an alleyway that indeed had flashing lights of a club hiding in it.

“Wow.” She whispered in slight surprise before she began hearing yelling up the road. She yelped in surprise when she felt a sudden arm around her shoulder, pulling her before she even realized that she was now standing on the other side of him, away from the street. She looked up to see him, staring intently across the street, his eyes glued to the darkness.

Why am I over here now?” She asked confused as he looked down, never leaving his serious eyes.

It’s just…… better.” He answered in monotone before quickly looking away.

 

Muzik knew there was a fight up the street from the sounds of cussing and yelling, she figured TOP knew the same which is why he moved her to the inside of the sidewalk. Suddenly the sound of a pair of cars starting up along with the yelling, followed by the screeching of tires, Muzik froze when her eyes turned color, welcoming an unwilling vision into her. TOP turned around confused when he noticed she wasn’t following him anymore, to see her just staring down at the ground.

Hey. Are you alright?” TOP asked turning to her quickly. He walked over quickly when he saw her eyes shoot open towards him, panting.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked now worried, holding her shoulders as she looked up at him.

 

Muzik’s eyes shot open when she heard the screech of tires again, she looked over his shoulder to see her vision coming down the street.

“Watch out!” She yelled terrified, grabbing him by the shoulders, pushing him out of the way of the car that was now tumbling uncontrollably down the sidewalk. They barely dodged it as it rolled up the bench they fell behind, before launching in the air, falling to the ground where they had been standing moments ago. Muzik looked to the trashed car out of breath while TOP just stared up at the woman now lying protectively over his chest. Why did she look so emotional before the car came? Did she know it was coming? How?

 

Muzik sighed in relief that she had seen it in time, before lying her forehead down to catch her breath.
“Thank god.” She whispered in relief before her eyes shot open, quickly sitting up to see that she was lying over his chest, their faces inches from each other.

How?” He whispered in confusion, watching as her lips slightly opened, unable to answer his question

“I-I…” She stuttered, swallowing heavily when his intoxicating breath filled her nostrils. Quickly, Muzik looked away, unable to stare at him any longer, putting her hands to the side of him to push herself off the ground. TOP’s arm immediately darted out, around her waist to hold her there. She gasped in surprise before looking down to him just as one of his hands, reached out, caressing her cheek carefully.

We need to check to see if those people are alright.” Muzik whispered panicking, suddenly losing all intensity to her voice as her eyes got lost in his.

They are fine.” He whispered slowly dropping his hand on her face lower, while his thumb dragged along her bottom lip. On any old day, this guy would have met her fist many moments ago, but the way he looked at her, the electricity coming off of his hand connected to her cheek was sending feelings she wasn’t use to having through her veins.

“Don’t.” She whispered almost in a beg, never moving her eyes from his. He tilted his head in confusion as he looked up, watching as her hair fell effortlessly down from their place on her shoulder.

Don’t what?” He asked in a husky voice causing her to sigh, her eyes immediately darting down to his lips directly in front of her.

 

Muzik bit her lip and quickly shut her eyes, unable to continue looking at him, especially with the look he was giving her at this moment. Was this guy for real?

 

TOP stared up at her, his fangs threatening to emerge as he felt her heart beating harder and harder as the seconds rolled on. He felt her breath suddenly blow across his face, lighting up the fire that seemed to be too small in his chest, was now a blaze.

 

Without a second thought, watching as she bit her red lips and shut her eyes, he couldn’t contain himself any longer and quickly leaned up, engulfing her lips in his.

 

Muzik’s eyes shot open in surprise and utter shock before looking down to see those beautiful eyes staring back at her. Her lips perfectly molded and fit to his. Strangely his lips weren’t as warm as they looked but cold, maybe due to the weather. What was even stranger was the taste coming off of him, she found it extremely intoxicating. The way he smelled, the way his eyes seemed to glow in the night, why hadn’t she found someone like him sooner. Muzik found herself kissing him back soon enough, something she had never expected herself to do, especially with someone she barely knew, but she couldn’t fight it. It was like her body and heart were holding her feelings hostage.

 

Once he pulled away and looked up to her, he smirked slightly seeing the red tint that stained her cheeks. Her lips hung open slightly while her eyes drifted up to meet his eyes.

Why?” She whispered, almost sounding as if she was moments away from breaking out in tears.

I can’t continue to protect you with you so far. So stay by my side.” He whispered up to her watching as her eyes shot open in embarrassment.

 

What the heck was going on?