Chapter 14 - Club Activities

Poisonous Love

 

“Ah there you are!” A voice called as Muzik poked her head to the theater door, unsure if she had come to the right building. She stepped in, sudden noticing all the eyes that were on her. Daesung jumped down from his spot in the spotlight on stage before running over to her.

“Come on, we’re starting auditions.” He urged grabbing her by her wrist before pulling her down the long aisle and into a free seat amongst the other auditions. He smiled down at her, walking back before jumping up on stage. He smiled towards the crowd before bowing.

“I’m so happy to see so many interested people with us tonight.” He spoke as everyone clapped. Muzik just looked around surprised before forcefully clapping as not to come out as an outcast. She then noticed the 3 seats in front, a girl and boy were already sitting there with the middle seat open.

“We’re going to continue with our auditions, they will be the same as they are every year. You will sing a song of your choice, without any music. Those that passed this round will be posted on a list outside the door and move on to next week’s last round.” He explained as Muzik’s eyes shot open.

“What the hell?” She whispered only being told this news for the first time. She sighed annoyed, putting her bag onto the free seat next to her before looking to Daesung’s smile, directed directly at her. She rolled her eyes at him before looking away.

“We’ll go down our list.” He added climbing off the stage before taking his spot in the open chair in front. A chill suddenly ran up her spine as she turned before her eyes darted up to the second floor seats, the man with the Mohawk was leaning against the railing just staring at her.

“Creep.’ She whispered turning away to watch the auditions.

 

“What are you reading?” The voice asked as Aria side eyed him from the page she was on.

“Torturous Love.” She mentioned in a slightly shaky voice causing him to smile in reaction. He leaned every so carefully, taking a whiff of her hair before sighing contently.

“So where did you move from?” Seungri asked trying to make conversation with the ever so shy Aria.

“The states.” She answered never moving her eyes from her book. She surprisingly felt nervous being this close to him, her heart was beating so loud she was surprised no one could hear it over the silence.

“Um….I need to use the bathroom.” She mentioned shutting her book before standing.

“Eujong-ssi, I’m going to use the bathroom.” She mentioned as he woman nodded. Aria stepped out of the library, shutting the door behind her before she began walking down the quiet hallway. She heard the footsteps approaching her from behind as she quickly ducked into the bathroom. He was cute of course, but something made her uneasy about him.

 

“Celeste Ambrose!” Jiyong yelled above the talking as Celeste’s head whipped from Hana to him in surprise. The crowd split in half turning to her as she slowly made her way to the tent where he had called her from. He smirked seeing the nervous look on her face as she approached him.

“Is there something wrong?” Celeste asked once she reached the table, he shook his head and gestured for the 2 boys sitting amongst him to leave, as they did.

“We’re having a track meet in a few weeks with one of the competing schools. I would like you to represent us for the 500m.” He explained as her eyes shot open.
“What? Really?” She asked surprised, slightly excited as he nodded.

“You’re an amazing athlete. Those boys don’t know who they are messing with.” Jiyong spoke proudly as she chuckled, curling a stray hair behind her ear.

“We’ll be having a meeting this coming Saturday here at the library to discuss more about it.” He added as she nodded in understanding.

 

“Muzik Ambrose!” Daesung’s voice called startling her as she stood from her seat and quietly walked up the stairs to her spot on stage.

“Are you new here?” The girl asked as Muzik nodded, squinting her eyes at the spotlight directed down on her.

“Alright, what will you be singing for us today?” The boy asked as Muzik adjusted her skirt before looking up to see Daesung’s stare directed at her.

“I can pick any song that I want?” She asked as the 3 nodded in agreement to her statement.

“I’ll be singing Bruno Mars ‘Talking to the Moon’.” She answered hearing a few gasps in the room. She swallowed loudly, looking up to the second floor to see the man with a Mohawk gone, but now there was a figure standing up in the corner. It was dark but she noticed him standing there, staring at her.

 

I know you're somewhere out there

Somewhere far away

I want you back

I want you back

My neighbors think

I'm crazy

But they don't understand

You're all I had

You're all I had

 

[Chorus:]

At night when the stars

Light up my room

I sit by myself

Talking to the Moon.

Trying to get to You

In hopes you're on

The other side

Talking to me too.

Or Am I a fool

Who sits alone

Talking to the moon?

 

Ohoooo...

 

Muzik’s eyes darted up to the second floor, seeing those pearly whites flash her way before he disappeared out the door. She looked down to the 3 sitting in front of her speechless along with the quiet room. She bowed quickly, walking off the stage, grabbing her bag before walking out.