Chapter 7.

The Kiss Dispenser
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I look at the girl, not sure if I heard it well. Did she just ask me out?

"Sorry , but Donghae is already working on it. Right Donghae?"

Oh my god. Please, tell me Kyuhyun didn't just say that.

"W-What?" the brunet on my right stutters. "N-No, I'm n-not..."

Ha! See! He's not. Kyu, you were wrong.
Whatever. Back to the main point. The girl. She's pretty and cute, but that way of asking people out... Duh. Freak.
Do I look like a freak-catcher? Because I feel like I've been attracting a lot of them lately.

"Huuuhh..." I sigh uncomfortably. "Well... What's your name?"

That's a good start, isn't it?

"Hyoyeon."

Cute name.

"Yeah, okay. Well Hyoyeon, I don't know", I calmly tell her. Geez, I need to get the atmosphere a bit lighter. What about a joke? "You may be a noisy and annoying girl, but since I don't know you I can't tell... Let's have an interview during lunch time. I'll see if I hire you." I chuckle and playfully smile.

A gasp on my right makes me turn my head. I find Donghae looking at me with wide open eyes and shocked expression. Oh, please! Everybody understood it's just a joke!
 
"Okay! See you at lunch then!" the Hyoyeon girl shouts cheerfully and walks back to her seat in the second row.

I watch her walk away,  stupidly gaping.

"W-What?! Wait!" I try to call her back.

! How could nobody understand my jokes?!

"Donghae",  Kyuhyun calls the brunet, a wide smirk spread on his face. "This is a competition! If you want to date Hyuk, you need to ask him an interview too!"

...Whaaaat?!!!

"N-No, don't tease", the brunet shyly retorts.  

"Kyu, shut up! I was just joking, god damn it!" I snap and stand up, ready to go and tell the girl I'm not doing any interview.

But that's the moment the teacher chooses to come in and sternly order everybody to sit down. I sigh in frustration and sit back on my chair. I glance at Donghae, who currently pouting while staring at me.

"I was joking!" I repeat, looking straight into his eyes. "I won't do it!"

"R-Really?", he asks and looks at me hopefully.

"Of course!" I snap impatiently. Damn, this is driving me crazy.

He beams at me -quite cutely- and happily takes out the book our teacher is asking us to open. I don't bother asking a book to the teacher, nor listening to him.

I keep on stealing small glances at Donghae, still trying to figure out why I reacted to his kiss. Would I react again if he did it once more? Would I react if another guy kissed me? I still can't say I'm gay. I mean, honestly, I don't have any physical attraction to guys. I can see them and it doesn't make me . But Donghae is... somehow cute. He's sweet. But he's a freak, which is really playing against him.

Now that I'm sitting just beside him, I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be. I'm a bit uncomfortable. But I shouldn't, right? He just did his 'kiss dispenser' thingy, and I just did a dare. I should just act normally with him. It's no big deal, after all. It won't happen again.

Yes. I'll just chill out and pretend nothing happened.

I slightly jump as the bell rings. Damn, did I just spend a whole hour thinking about Donghae?

I... need to smoke.

"Kyu! Smoke!" I shout as I jump on my feet.

My friend sighs and lazily stands up. He follows me out of the class. We walk through the hallway and I'm already pulling a cigarette out of my pack. I think I'm getting even more addicted to those crap things lately...

"Ah, wait, I need to use the washrooms", Kyu mumbles and leaves me in the middle of the hallway.

"Aish", I sigh. I really need to smoke, I don't wanna wait!

"No way!" a loud high-pitched voice suddenly speaks on my left.

I look around me but nobody's around. Where did it come from?
Another voice starts talking, but more quietly. I walk towards the voices and hide myself behind a wall as I spot two guys quarreling in the middle of an empty hallway. Oh, I think I know them. They're some of my new classmates.

"No, I'm not okay with that!" the guy who looks like a rabbit shouts angrily -well, as much as his pouting childish face can express it- and stomps on his feet.

"Please Sungmin", the tall one sighs. "I don't want to get into a fight with you."

"Then forget about him! I saw him first, he's mine!" the Sungmin guy whines, pretty annoyingly if I may say.

"But I like him too, you're being unfair!"

Ohoh, having a fight about someone huh? I guess they both have a crush on the same guy and neither of them want to give up. That's how many friendships end dramatically...
Huh. Wait... They... T-They not crushing over D-Donghae, right?!

"You can have anyone you want!" Sungmin retorts, still pouting. "Everybody in this school wants to date you!"

"I don't care about the others! I want him, and only him!" the big one quickly counters. "You can't ask me to just find someone else, someone I don't like, just because you like him too!"

"Well, it

Please log in to read the full chapter