Chapter 2.

The Kiss Dispenser
Please log in to read the full chapter



 

    I follow Kyuhyun back into the classroom. I lazily walk to my desk and throw myself on the chair. Kyu leans against the window beside me, his hands shoved into his pockets. We have a couple of minutes left before the end of the break.

"What's next?" I ask.

"Korean. Two hours", Kyu mumbles with his usual bored face.

"Uuhhh", I whine and let my head fall on the desk in a loud thud. Let me die now.

A giggle on my right makes me turn my head. My eyes snap open as I look for the source of the irritating sound. Doesn't take me long to identify my new classmate. The guy is now sitting at his desk, his body a bit turned in our direction, his eyes laughing and a huge grin plastered on his face. ! Where did he come from? Is that guy a ninja?!

"Hi!", he shouts enthusiastically. "My name's Lee Donghae!"

Yeah. I know. Too bad, I've already nicknamed you The Freak.

Seriously, I still can't believe that guy is such a weirdo. He looks perfectly normal at first sight. Even worse, he looks completely innocent! Like an untainted little lamb. Appearances are definitively deceiving...
Oh, crap, I'm supposed to answer something here, don't I?

"I'm Hyukjae! And this is Kyuhyun!" Yeah, that should be good enough. Maybe a bit too friendly, but well, I'm a friendly person.

His lips stretch a bit more as his grin gets wider (and I'm not even sure how he does that, because, seriously, the skin's elasticity has its limits you know). I raise an eyebrow as I see how happy he seems to be right now. That guy sure has a very expressive face. What is he so happy about, anyway?

"So, you're from SM High!" he states in a happy tone.

Riiight... Ah, wait, I bet he's just saying some random and uninteresting stuff to initiate a conversation! The Freak is trying to communicate!

"Nice deduction, Sherlock!" I snap playfully.

Kyuhyun sniggers. Oops... If Kyu found it funny, then maybe was it a bit nasty. But, instead of the shocked expression I expect, The Freak only giggles more... So, yup, this is confirmation of what I previously stated : weirdo.

"You guys are funny", he says, still beaming from ear to ear.

I roll my eyes.

"And you guys are so not!" I retort. "You're super quiet, this is sooo boring!"

"We just have our fun during breaks and lunch", he softly replies. "We're here to study after all."

Yeah, well, I guess your idea of having fun is kissing each and everyone of your comrades like a , but everyone is free to have their own source of fun AFTER ALL.

I sigh and open my mouth to tell him that this is exactly why they're boring, but my phone unexpectedly vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out and a smile immediately creeps up on my face. Yesung.


From Yesung:
'Nice try, but I know classes start tomorrow! Don't you have better things to do on your Sunday mornings?'


I burst out laughing. Oh My GOD! This guy really is the best entertainment of my life!!!

"Kyu! Kyu!" I call and laugh hysterically at the same time. I can see from the corner of my eye that The Freak is staring at me, fully grinning and his eyes sparkling weirdly. But I don't care. He's a weird freak after all.

"Stop it, you're sounding like a dying otter", Kyu snaps at me.

Huh. Nice.

"Guess why Yeye is late!!" I shout, decided to ignore is previous comment.

"Did he get lost again?"

"Nope", I smirk, remembering that time Yesung got late because he was lost... inside the school.

"He's taken his turtles for a little walk again?"

"Nope! He thinks today's Sunday", I finally reveal and laugh again.

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and shakes his head. He's not even surprised. Well, Yesung has always been very special, we're kind of used to these situations. Let's say he lives in his own world. He's really smart (and very talented in singing) but he's hard to understand and to tame. He's soooo going to drive his new teachers are insane! fufufu

"But today's Wednesday", The Freak's soft voice suddenly speaks.

Hey! Didn't you mom tell you it's impolite to sneak into people's conversations?

"Yeah, obviously it is", I retort anyway and roll my eyes. "That's why it's funny", I explain. "Because he got wrong with the days. Again."

He opens his mouth to say something but the door is suddenly slammed open and the teacher enters the room, shouting something like "back to your seats!". The Freak pouts cutely (and I'm well aware that's a weird thing to think) before he turns his body back to face the black board. Kyu walks away, yawning lazily and drops himself on his seat, in the middle of the classroom. Damn, why the hell is he sitting so far?! I'm going to die out of boredom again!!

"Okay, young people!" the teacher says and easily gathers everyone's attention. "Open your book page 220, please. I have two copies for our new students," he adds for Kyu and I.

I watch the heavy book traveling from one hand to another, until the girl in front of me holds it to me. I lazily grab the item and sigh, distractedly thanking the girl who almost squeals. Great. Books. Again. Boring.
I still open it at the right page and take a look. Duh. Grammar exercises. I don't like that.
My phone vibrates again. I discreetly pick it out of my pocket and take a glance at my new message.


From Yesung:
'Not nice! You could have told me! See you at lunch break.' 


I chuckle and put the phone back into my uniform trousers. Yesung's so funny, I can't wait to when we'll meet for lunch. He's gonna be late, late, late~ !

I'm late, I'm late, on a very important date, no time to say hello-goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late...

Hey! Where did I hear that song? On a movie I think... But which one? Hmmm... Let's think. Which one? ...Oh! A Disney movie! Errrrh, the one with that damn stressful rabbit! Yup, that's it! The running white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland! Geez, I hate that movie. It scared the out of me when I was a kid. That ugly psychotic queen was really freaking me out, and the whole movie didn't make any sense. I don't like it when it doesn't make any sense...

I'm late, I'm late, on a very important date, no time to say hello-goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late...

Oh, crap. Don't tell me I got that ing song stuck in my head?

I'm late, I'm late, on a very important date, no time to say hello-goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late...

Looks like I do... ! The worst thing about this is that I only know the beginning of the song. This is the kind of things that make me super frustrated! And how am I supposed to pay attention to the lesson when I have that damn song running in my head?
I know! I'll just sing something else! My sister told me once to slowly sing Brother Peter a couple of time when I have a song stuck in my mind, and it eventually helps to get it out... I'll try that.

Brother Peter, brother Peter, sleeps too well, sleeps too well. Morning bells are ringing, morning bells are ringing, ding, ding, dong. Ding, ding, dong...

Ring ding dong, ring ding dong, Diggi ding diggi ding ding ding! Ring ding dong, ring ding dong, Diggi ding diggi ding ding ding!  
Huh, wait! How the hell did I end up singing Shinee?!

Whatever. I'll just keep thinking about that one and it should be all good!
I look back at my book, not really paying attention to the teacher, just readin

Please log in to read the full chapter