Chapter 46.

The Kiss Dispenser
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

He's late. Or maybe I'm too early. Or maybe both.
I can't help, I'm really excited about this date! I even asked Donghae's friend, Ryeowook, where I should take Hae for our date. I was a bit skeptical when he told me to take him to the aquarium, but well he knows Hae better than I do. Ryeowook said he'd be really happy to go there. I can't wait to see his face when he'll see the tickets!

But he needs to get here first.
Damn, I feel like I've been waiting here for hours but he's just five minutes late... Should I call him? Ask where he is?
Huh, no. I don't want to look desperate. I'm not desperate. I'm just impatient.

I check my watch for the hundredth time and sigh heavily. Time is running so slow.
I glance around, trying to spot my boyfriend among the crowd of people walking around, but he's nowhere in sight. I watch two buses approaching, secretly hoping he's in one of those, but the first one doesn't stop and just drives away. I turn my gaze to the second one and smile when I see it stop. The doors open and people go out. I watch attentively each person climbing off the bus, looking for my brunet, but then two girls come out and I freeze.

"Ah !" I curse and turn around, looking for some place to hide.

How bad is my luck that I have to cross the path of Victoria and Luna? On the day of my date with Donghae? Aish! They can't see him, they're going to tell Sulli about this and she'll try to mess around with me again!

Unluckily, I can't find any place to hide. I lean a bit more against the wall and I look back at them but they don't seem to have noticed me. They're just giggling together as they walk to a bench a few meters away and sit there.

Great, seems like they're not moving from here and Donghae should be here anytime now... I pull my phone out of my pocket and quickly dial Donghae's number before I bring the device to my ear. I wait a few seconds until I hear a click.

"H-Hello?"

I frown.

"Donghae? Where are you?"

I hear him sniffle and my heart breaks in a million pieces.

"Hae? What's going on? Are you crying?" I inquire, feeling both worry and fear creeping up inside my chest. "Did something happen?"

"Hyukjae..." he whimpers, making my worries increase.

"Donghae, tell me where you are", I quickly ask, starting to panic.

He sniffles again and then mumbles his location, in front of the mall, a few blocks away. I grit my teeth as his soft voice weakly reaches my ear, sounding somehow broken.

"Don't move, I'm coming!" I shout and push myself off the wall.

I start running before I can even think twice about it. I sprint, trying not to collide into someone, racing down the street. My breath soon comes out in pants and my heart pounds into my chest, but I can't stop running. My mind just focuses on Donghae and finding him. I swear if someone hurt him, I'm going to kill that bastard!

Minutes pass and I'm almost there. My legs are hurting, my heart is about to jump out of my chest and I can't even breath normally anymore, but I keep running like a madman. As I get into the street, my eyes begin to scan the surroundings, looking for him. I spot him right away, standing motionless beside the bus stop.

"Hae!" I call him and keep running to him.

He looks up and even from the distance I can see his sad expression. He just stands there, watching me close up the distance between us, looking like a lost child. As I reach him, my arms automatically open wide and I catch him in a tight embrace, holding him against me almost desperately.

I hug him for a few seconds, both relieved and still scared, before I pull away as I notice he's not hugging me back. I catch his face between my hands and force him to look up at me. I growl as I find his eyes teary.

"Hae, what's going on? Who made you cry?" I try to calm down but I feel like exploding.

His lower lip begins to quiver and he purses his lips to hide it. I frown.

"T-There were..." he starts, and this time I don't like the stutter in his voice. "There were girls in the bus..."

I tilt my head, my frown deepening as I try to understand.

"Did they make fun of you?" I softly ask, but he shakes his head.

"They... They didn't talk to me... But I heard what they said..." he looks at me with a glint in his eyes that I can't identify.

"What did they say?" I ask and rub his cheeks with my thumbs, in some kind of attempt to soothe him.

He takes a deep, shaking breath and averts his gaze from mine.

"When the bus passed by our school, they recognized it because you and Kyuhyun have been sent there..."

I raise an eyebrow.
Okay, so that means those girls are probably from SM High.

"And what did they say to make you so upset?" I question and cringe when I see his eyes tearing up. I have a bad feeling about this...

"They said... They said you have a new game..." he breathes out.

"What?"

What the hell is he talking about?

"They said your new game is dating me, and pretending to like me", he blurts out and suddenly looks back at me. "They said it's easy because I'm the most stupid guy on earth!"

I widen my eyes and stare at him, shocked and dumbfounded for a few seconds. Then anger quickly takes over. My fingers uncontrollably claw his arms and I clench my jaw, trying not to burst.
Who are those es?! What the hell is wrong with them?!

"This is bull!" I growl and let go of Hae before I hurt him. "Why would they say something like that!"

I avert my eyes to the ground and glare at the pavement, feeling too upset and frustrated to meet Donghae's gaze.
The news about me dating Donghae must have spread... Damn! Do everybody already know about it?! And so what? They think I'm just playing? Pretendin

Please log in to read the full chapter