Chapter 16.

The Kiss Dispenser
Please log in to read the full chapter

Donghae's POV.

 

The first time I saw him, I knew he was special. My heart started to beat faster and I couldn't turn my eyes away from him. I found myself following each of his moves, listening to each of his words, waiting for his laugh, admiring every single change of expression on his beautiful face. I was hypnotized.

He was just sitting on the bench facing me and my friends, smoking a cigarette in the most handsome way I've ever seen someone smoke, occasionally chit-chatting distractedly with his friend. His black uniform, so different from our blue ones, made his blonde hair shine like the sun itself. His gestures were graceful and yet manly. Delicate and strong at the same time. He was dazzling. Breathtaking. Perfect.

And I was invisible to him.

But then, luck was on my side. He was put in my classroom and the teacher told him to sit beside me. I thought I was dreaming it.
Our eyes met for the first time when he walked up to his seat and looked back at me. I couldn't help but smile with excitement. And the second he smiled back to me, my heart just missed a beat.

He had noticed me. That only thought set wild butterflies in my belly.

I spent the whole class looking at him. I couldn't help. I was mesmerized. It didn't take me long to understand these feelings were attraction and that I had a huge crush on my new classmate.
At our first break, I wanted to talk to him, but he quickly disappeared and I didn't get the chance to introduce myself. When he came back to class, I almost threw myself on him. I wanted to talk to him so badly...

He was friendly, and funny, and he started laughing when he received a message from his friend. His laugh is probably one of the most beautiful thing I've ever heard in my life. I wished I could listen to it all day long, but then the teacher came in and I had to focus back on the class.

I asked him if he wanted to join me and my friends for lunch, but he said he was going to meet another friend. I was a bit disappointed but still happy I had been able to talk to him for a few seconds.
Sungmin and Ryeowook teased me about it. They said I was cute.

I kissed a lot that day, like I usually do, but something was different. I was still happy to get some attention but I somehow was embarrassed. I didn't want him to see it. I didn't want him to think I'm weird or anything, even though I am. I know I am. Who'd kiss random people like this, except a freak?
But I need it. Even if it's fake love, I desperately need it.

The next day, he asked me a kiss.

I was so thrilled, and yet so disappointed. He was the last one I wanted to be used by.

Please log in to read the full chapter