Chapter 4.

The Kiss Dispenser
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Are you going to ask him or what?"

Damn, the brat is getting impatient.

"Shut up!" I snap. "Give me a couple of minutes, I need to prepare myself for this ."

"You're really doing it?!" Kyu almost jumps on his seat, all excited. "Yay! This is gonna be fuuun!" he annoyingly claps his hands.

"Seriously Kyu... Have you been at the mall lately? They're selling lives there, you really should get one."

"Too expensive. I'll have to content myself with you."

"Tssk, smartass."

"Yeah, whatever!" Kyu sniggers and wrinkles his nose. "Will you do it?!"

"Shut up! I already told you I'm not backing off!"

"Takes you too long! You're the one who started the dares game."

"Right, but I didn't ask you to kiss a girl!"

"C'mon! Just a peck. You may enjoy it."

No way I'm gonna enjoy kissing a guy. Especially not that freaking kiss dispenser. Damn, I don't want to do this! I think I can't! But I can't back off either... Aish! What should I do?!

"How... How much time do I have to complete the dare?" I desperately ask.

Kyu sighs and looks up at the ceiling, obviously thinking hard about it. I watch him intently, waiting for his answer, enjoying each second delaying this stupid dare. Finally, he looks back at me and rolls his eyes.

"You have to do it before the end of classes", he replies.

Good, that gives me a few hours more. I definitively can't do this in the middle of the cafeteria, in front of so many people. That would be the end of me.

"You guys are weird", Yesung suddenly mumbles.

"Look who talks", Kyu sniggers.

"Can I give you dares too?"

"You want to enter the game?" I ask, momentarily forgetting my own ty situation.

"Nope, I just want to give you dares", Yesung retorts. "Can I?"

"No!" Kyu and I snap in unison.

Letting someone like Yesung decide our dares would be suicide. Who knows what kind of crazy idea would come out of his devastated brain.

"Too bad", he sighs and goes back to eating. "I thought I could ask Kyu to dress in a Ninja Turtle cosplay and eat the grass of the school yard."

See what I mean.

"In your dreams", Kyu mumbles and takes a big mouthful of rice.

"Or I could have asked Hyuk to undress, climb up a tree and imitate a monkey."

Kyu chokes on his rice and starts coughing hard, half laughing and half dying. I bet he's imagining the scene.

" Yeye! Don't give him ideas!" I hiss and glare at my friend.

He simply shrugs and watches Kyu's face getting redder and redder. My eyes focus on him as well as I keep on eating, watching the scene as if it was a TV show. Kyuhyun starts to gain attention from the people around but I don't think he gives a . He's too busy trying to survive here.

"He is okay?" The Freak's voice suddenly spokes.

I turn my head in its direction and find the brunet looking at my friend with worried eyes. His friends are just a few meters away, watching the scene with much interest.

"Yeah, he'll be okay", Yesung replies with a totally unconcerned expression.

I chuckle but The Freak doesn't look amused at all. He grabs Kyu's glass and pours water inside, then gives it to my friend who hurriedly takes it from him. Kyu drinks the whole glass in one go and takes a deep breath when he's done. He's still panting and Donghae gently pats his back.

"You es", Kyu grumbles. "You would have watched me die without moving a finger!"

"Well, you'd make a lovely corpse!" I playfully . Yesung burst out laughing and I can see Kyu's lips curling into a small smile. The Freak however looks quite shocked. "I'm joking", I tell him and roll my eyes at the clueless brunet.

"Oh! O-okay", he slightly stutters and gives me a shy smile. "I-I'm done eating so... See you later!"

Yeah, yeah, whatever.

"Okay", I reply and focus back on my bowl of now cold bibimbap.

The end of our meal runs fast. Yesung keeps on giving us all the dares ideas propping up in his head, each of them more awful than the previous one. (Seriously? Did he really think he could ask me to spread soap all over my mouth and run after people like a mad dog?)

Whatever. After a quick detour by my favorite isolated spot and a couple of cigarettes, I'm now back in our classroom, spread all over my desk like the desperate guy I am. Now that Yeye and his stupid blabbering are gone, I can stop thinking about my dare.

I know what I have to do. I just really really don't want to do it.

I just have a bad feeling here. Aish, why so nervous? This isn't my first kiss. I kissed quite a few girls before. But a guy? Never, ever, even when I was drunk. Well, I don't remember and nobody told me anything about doing such a thing, so I guess I didn't.

Huuurrgghh! Why did I even start this dare contest? This was stupid! I'm stupid! And Kyu is the worst perfidious bastard in the world! I should know by now how witty he is, and how sneaky he can be when he's angry. Because he's mad for the restroom's dare, I know it. This is his revenge.

Should I just back off?
Tsk! No! I can't let him win! I can do this!

"Hey Hyukjae..."

Aish, why? Why on earth did it have to be him? Why The Freak?

"Hyukjae? The teacher's here..."

Thinking more optimistically about it, it may not be that bad... I mean, at least nobody will be shocked if I ask him a kiss since half of this school obviously already up his face. Maybe it's better if it's him. He won't mind, will he? Since he's used to it...

! No matter how I put it, it still feels wrong!

"Mr Lee", a low voice calls me from the blackboard.

I snap my head up and glance at the teacher. First time I see the guy. He's tall and hefty, and currently sternly looking at me. Okay. Got it. This one is not to be pissed off if I wanna stay alive. Message received.
I straighten up and the teacher glance at me one last time before he gets started.

"Okay guys", he sighs. "As I told you last week, we should be going on with our swimming classes but since our school will be holding a charity running marathon next month we have to change our plans. We'll thus start running trainings."

Oh my, this school is going to kill me.

"We'll use the YG college's stadium, which means we need to walk there. It's ten minutes away from our school and since this is your only class in the afternoon, I don't mind if you take your stuff and directly leaves from there after class, if you want to."

Some enthusiastic whispers fill the room while I only can pout. I really don't like running. I'm good in sports, I do dance a lot, but running is definitively boring.

"Now get ready, we're leaving. You'll change there", the teacher commands and claps in his hands to make us move.

I stare at him, not moving an

Please log in to read the full chapter