fast forward

The Kiss Dispenser
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi guys.

I didn't change my mind about discontinuing this story. (sorry if I gave you false hope)

First, I want to thank you again for supporting this story but also for respecting my choice of stopping it <3 I appreciate it a lot :)

Last week, this story got featured and I want to thank you for that too, and for the love this story has received :)

It gave me the motivation to finish this short drabble/oneshot/side chapter (whatever it is). I had started to write it a few months ago, but never managed to complete it. It's short and not much (and I really lost the touch with this story, the feeling isn't the same), but it's like a goodbye's gift to this story. I hope you'll like it :)

 

 


 

 

 

“Hey, Hyukkie...”

 

“Hmm?”

 

I drift out of my half-slumber and crack an eye open to glance at my boyfriend. We’re both lying on my bed, Donghae finishing his endless pile of homework while I’m just being lazily sprawled next to him.

Donghae’s staring at the books opened in front of him, pen in hand, with the cutest absorbed expression and a small pout of concentration tugging on his lips, and I swear this guy never misses to make my heart swoon with adoration.

 

“Yeah babe?”, I mumble as I silently admire his side profile, eyes following the curve of his nose, his lips, and then back up to his eyebrows and dark eyelashes.

 

He purses his lips and frowns, before he leans over his book and underlines some words he must think are important. He grins with satisfaction before finally looking up at me. Our gazes meet and I lose myself into his warm brown orbs. The way his eyes are sparkling makes me instinctively smile back.

 

“Do you remember our first date?” he asks out of the blue.

 

I should be intrigued by the sudden question, but after 4 years of dating Donghae I became quite used to the unexpected stuff he randomly brings up.

 

“Sure I do”, I grin lazily and roll on my side, pressing myself against his body. I fling one of my legs around his muscular ones while my free hand sneaks under his t-shirt and comes to rest on the small of his back, feeling his soft and warm skin. “The date to the doomed aquarium.”

 

“Why doomed?!” he instantly whines and pushes his books away, giving me a little glare. “The aquarium is awesome!”

 

“Of course it is”, I snort and roll my eyes.

 

I actually enjoyed going there the first time, on our first date. It was great and fun. And I also liked it the second and the third times we went. But honestly, we went there so many times I can’t even count anymore. I just have a huge overdose of the place.

 

Not that I won’t go back if Donghae asks me to come with him.

I can never refuse anything to him, and he knows it. That cunning little cutie.

 

“Are you saying you didn’t like our first date?” he mumbles dejectedly and shots me his damn puppy eyes, knowing I can’t resist when he does that.

 

I lean forward and capture his lips for a soft, tender kiss. “I loved our first date, silly”, I mutter against his mouth, and then press another short kiss on the corner of his lips. “You were the cutest of all the fishes of the aquarium”, I as I slightly pull away.

 

He tries to keep his expression stern, but I see his face twitch in amusement. “Cheesy”, he scoffs and I beam at him.

 

“You love cheesy”, I retort.

 

“Whatever”, he doesn’t deny. As if he could deny. We both know he loves it. “I have so many good memories of our first date”, he dreamily sighs.

 

I press my lips against his shoulder, looking up at him and not breaking the eye contact. “Baby, I only have good memories of it too”, I say and rub his back soothingly. “We were still a bit shy at that time but we held hands in front of everyone… I bought you a giant plushie and we shared chocolate ice-cream”, I smile as I recall the day. ”You were smiling so brightly…” I add, staring into his tender eyes. “I fell in love with you so hard that day.”

 

He beams at me, showing off his adorable crooked teeth.

I think it’s amazing that, even after four years, I’m still utterly smitten by his genuine smile and his laughing eyes.

 

A lot of things have changed in four years. I’ve become more serious, calmer, not plain boring but less like the agitated and hyper (and, I admit, immature) kid I was in high-school, the one playing dares and unable to settle a stable relationship. On the other side, Donghae is as sweet as ever, but less shy, more self-confident. He doesn’t feel as sad and lonely now, because he knows he just needs to call me whenever he’s lonely and I’ll show up for him.

 

Our frail relationship from the first days has bloomed into something strong and significant. Of course, we bicker sometimes, but never to the point of having a real fight. We’ve built something that can’t be broken easily. We overcame Sulli’s attempts to break us apart, back in high-school. We overcame the distance when I returned to SM High and left SJ High. We overcame the hardship of our parents’ first reactions to our relationship. Now we’re both in college, Donghae studying the become a doctor and me just trying for some marketing degree, and nothing can break what we have.

 

“Come here”, I whisper in a breath, staring at him with longing eyes.

 

He grins and complies, shifting so that we now face each other and our lips are barely a couple inches afar. I feel his breath hit my chin and it doesn’t take more for me to lean in and press my lips against his thin on

Please log in to read the full chapter