The Wedding Day

My happy Ending

 “Let’s just go anywhere except Asian cruise!”

“Why not?” he asked me


“I have sea sickness. I don’t wanna ruin our honeymoon” I lied. I know very well that Asian Cruise is cool but I just don’t want to be there!


“Alright. Let’s just decide tomorrow.”


“tomorrow? But tomorrow is the wedding!”


“Let’s just spend the our first night in Hwaseong then decide on where to go. Is that okay?” he said as he caressed my face.


“it’s cool” At least, it’s much easier to find some excuse if we stay in Korea for the night. We then continued our practice and after an hour, we decided to go home.


“Don’t forget about tomorrow, okay?” Donghae suddenly told me as I went out of his car.


“How can I forget it.”


“Just reminding.” He said as he gives a butterfly kiss then he drove away.


I walked towards my room and started thinking over about things. I started to remember the first night Donghae and I were together and it just made me want to sleep there. So I went to our attic and sat in the couch when suddenly, my phone rang.


“Are you excited?” I heard Sulli’s voice asking


“Yeah. I’m anxious actually.”

“That’s for the honeymoon part again right?” she asked again.

“well,… You know what? He said we’ll have our honeymoon on Asian Cruise, and I don’t like it.” I confessed


“What?! It’s cool there..promise!”


“I know but I don’t like it. I just… I can’t explain.”


“You don’t have to. I think you need a lot of rest and don’t stress yourself. You might not be able to wake up on time for tomorrow.” She joked


“How can I do that? The wedding is at 10, not that early.”


“You have to at the hotel by 8 remember? Aish. You should go and get some sleep.”


“alright. Good night.”


“okay. Good night,” she said then dropped the call.


I just decided to stop thinking that very moment and tried to sleep.


***the next day*********(DONGHAE’s POV)******


It was already 9:30 am and I gladly waited inside the hall where our wedding will take place when suddenly, Sulli came running to me.


“Donghae! Tiffany isn’t here yet!” she yelled softly to me.


“What?! The wedding will start in an 30 minutes!” I said worriedly and took my phone out the dialed her number. I felt nervous when after a moments of dialing, she wasn’t answering still. Feeling so helpless, I ran towards Mi Young’s parents who just arrived.


“Dad, Mi Young isn’t here yet.” I whispered to him.


“That’s impossible! I checked her room, she wasn’t there anymore!”


“Maybe she ran away again.” Mi Young’s mom suddenly said. It just made my heart really broken. So, that was why she seemed to be different the other night.


“Wait. Let me call Lt. Cho.” My dad suddenly suggested.


“No. Let’s wait for her. If she arrives on time, then she really wants to be my wife. But if not, let’s just respect her decision” I said bitterly and walked towards the altar.
I felt really helpless. I know I can’t do anything because maybe this is what Mi Young wants. I can’t force her to marry me. I definitely can’t.


I checked my clock and it was already 9:45, just 15 minutes before our wedding. It made me feel more nervous because Mi Young wasn’t there yet.


I saw Sulli trying her best to call Mi Young, almost sobbing. Henry, together with Siwon waited outside the hall.
I on the other hand am not in my right self still. I kept on walking from the altar to my chair. The guest seemed to have been tired of waiting.


I checked my watch again and it was now 10:05. I know it’s already time but I still want to wait longer.


I tried to call her again but still, she didn’t answer.
I wanted to cry out loud, but I couldn’t do it. I know very well that I should be at my pace. My mom came near me and tried to comfort me.


“Donghae, don’t worry. She’ll be here.”


“I hope so.”


I checked my time; it was already 10:25. I became braver and mature enough to accept that Mi Young has already abandoned me.


I went near the Mc and told him that I need to talk to everyone. The Mc went up to the stage and called everyone’s attention. He called me up and I took the microphone from him.


“I’m sorry to everyone but I think the wedding is..”


“WAAAAIIIT!” just before I could finish, a girl suddenly yelled.


I looked at her carefully and realized it was Mi Young, wearing just a t-shirt and jeans, not in a wedding dress. I dropped the microphone and ran immediately towards her.


“Mi Young? What happened? Are you alright?” I asked her as I caressed her face and wiping her sweat.


“I’m sorry, I know I’m late. I’ve never been late, but…”


“Shhh…”


“Explain later, so , you still want to marry me?” I asked her, I’m afraid to know the answer but I have to know.


“Of course. But I have to change first.”


“wait.” I said and removed my suit and only had my white t-shirt on.


“Now we’re even. Let’s get married right away.” I said and ran with her towards the altar.


“Sorry for the delay, the wedding is still on. Please go back to your seats.” I said as I grab the microphone from the MC.


I went to the couple’s seat and sat with Mi Young.


“This isn’t exactly what we practiced last night.” Mi Young suddenly whispered to me.


“It’s what we call QRM. The thing that people do in times of emergency.” I said and smiled at her.


Everything went as planned after that minor incident. And just after 30 minutes or so, Mi Young finally became my loving wife.

But I'm really curious what happened and why she was late. Aren't you curious too?