Forbes

My happy Ending

“Dad, I’m sure you heard all the conditions I said right? You know very well that I don’t wanna get married yet.” I told my dad and everyone else in the room.

“Just like what Donghae said earlier, it’s now or never.”

My dad responded coldly.

At first I thought he wanted my happiness and now, he just proved me wrong.

My dad then turned his attention to Donghae’s dad and stood up,

“Mr. Lee, I’ll take care of this, I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He told him and shook hands with him.

Donghae’s dad then went near me, as a sign of respect, I stood up and hugged him. He is after all my “future” father in law.

“I hope you’ll make a decision before tomorrow comes Mi Young.” He whispered to me and he let go.

Donghae, on the other hand seemed like he didn’t want to go yet, he just stayed silently in his seat.

When his dad was about to go out of the room, he called him.

“Donghae, you take me downstairs.”

“Okay.” He answered his dad then he went near me,

“I’ll be back.” He whispered to me

I nodded and then he kissed my cheeks and went hurriedly to his father.

I sat back to my chair and looked at my dad. During that moment, I wondered why he was in hurry.

“Dad, why be in rush? There are still a lot of time to..”

“I don’t have much time left Tiffany” he interrupted me.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m old, can’t you just give me a chance to see my grandchildren before I die?” he answered.

“Dad! What are you talking about? You’re still 50. You’re not that old yet!”

“Do you want me to see my future grand children when I’m already 60 and I can’t run or play with them anymore?” he answered

“Why not!” I responded sarcastically. Honestly, his stubbornness ruled over us again.

“Why can’t you understand me?” My dad suddenly said.

“No, it’s you that can’t understand me Dad. I don’t wanna marry yet. I’m still 23, there’s more to life than marrying” I explained.

“Then what do you want to happen to your life?” he asked me.
“I want to become a successful business woman as what I promised you before.”

“But you’re already successful” My dad said.

“No. I haven’t even made it to Forbes yet.” (Honestly, I’m such a dreamer; I even dared to dream this big)

“And if you make it, will you get marry?” he asked me.

“Of Course!” I agreed to him for I know very well that it’ll be very difficult to be in Forbes. I only handled a certain company before and I didn’t know if I helped that company, and now, I’m just new to this advertising firm.

“Do you solemnly promise me that you’ll marry Donghae if you’re in Forbes?” he asked again

“Yes, I promise. I swear!”

“Well then, I want to give you something.” He said and went to his table.

He then handed me a Forbes magazine.

“Turn to page 20” he said.

I was absolutely curious by what he said so I immediately turned to that page.

I looked at the title of the article that says,

“The top 50 responsible heiress of the year”

Responsible heiress? What does that mean?

I read each word in the article and looked at each pictures of the pretty ladies.

Then suddenly, when I reached the number 25, I was really surprised when I saw my very own face and read my very own name.

I read the captions that stated,

“Tiffany Hwang, 23, daughter of Hwang Young Jin, the CEO of Hwang group of companies. She took over an almost down clothing company for a year and eventually turned its future upside down. After taking over for a year, the company became stable again and started operating from America to any part of the world.”

I was absolutely caught off guard, I was extremely happy, but this isn’t what I wanted.

“You made it. Congratulations Tiffany” My dad said,

“Thanks,” I said with a big smile on my face.

“So, that ends it all right? The wedding is still on next month” he said.

“Wait! This isn’t what I meant when I said Forbes dad” I told him.

“You didn’t state what you wanted, all you said was that you wanted to be in Forbes, and so, you were in Forbes. That means, you have to fulfill you promise”


“But!” I tried to protest.

“No turning back and no buts” he said and then he tapped my back.

He walked towards the door, and when he was about to go out, he suddenly said,

“Be home early. Your mom probably wants to hear the news from you” then he went out.

I felt really cheated by my dad! He is truly a businessman!
The door suddenly opened and Donghae entered.

“Is everything alright?” he asked me and went near me.

“No.” I answered honestly.

“Why? You don’t want to marry me?”

“I want to marry you, but not next month.”

“Aish, I know.” He said as he caressed my face.

“What did he tell you?” he asked me.

“Well, we made bet, well not really but something like conditions. And he won.” I paused then I stared at him.

“Which means, I, Tiffany Hwang will most probably become Mrs. Lee next month”

He smiled brightly at me, aw. How could I ever say no to this man? Hmm..

“Then that’s great, Mrs. Lee” he teased me.

“yah. Stop that. I might move the wedding tomorrow” I joked.

“Then, let’s go and find someone who’ll marry us.” He said excitedly.

“Crazy!”

“Come on. I’ll take you home” he said, and we walked together hand in hand.

And when we were about to go out of the room, he suddenly stopped.

“Mi Young, I forgot. I didn’t bring my car.” he said

“Hahaha! I just remembered too!”

“Ah. Let’s take the cab.” He proposed.

“No. let’s walk.”

“walk? Are you joking?!”

“No. Aigoo! I just remembered, you fell asleep during our first date, and you haven’t made it up to me yet” I said.

“Alright, so.. let’s have our pre-marriage date tonight.”

 

“I like that!” I said and we continued walking.

 

**********************************************

The Forbes thing is just made by me..it doesn't exist in reality... =)