How?

My happy Ending

 

Another day came, but unlike before, I wasn’t excited at all.

As I stood up from the bed, I remembered my agony once again. How could I tell Sulli about it? How about Donghae? Will he stop me? Ugh, I wasn’t in the mood for school.

When I was about to go back to bed, my Mom suddenly came in my room.

“Honey, I thought you we’re not going to school today” she said,

“I was planning not to” I told her

“Mi Young, you have to go to school. Will you waste your week staying the house instead of spending time with your friends before you say goodbye?”

Mothers really know what’s best; she was right, Very right. And with that on my mind, I immediately went to the bathroom and prepared myself for school.

Everything was quite normal. Just as usual, my car was parked a bit away from the school, the evil witches were waiting for MY prince charming and Sulli was there, waiting for me.

When I saw her, I got guilty and confused. How can I tell her?

I pretended to be happy in front of her, then just like the usual, we went to our room together.

I sat on my chair and looked out the window. I was still thinking of the right way to tell her.

Then suddenly, Donghae came. He smiled at me, and I smiled back. It was the fakest smile I ever gave to him.

After a few moments the bell rang and the class started.

I was so out of my mind that day. I wasn’t paying attention to the teacher or to anyone else.

Then lunch break came, time flew so fast.

Sulli noticed my unusual actions and when we were on our way to the cafeteria,

“Mi Young, is everything alright?” she asked

“yeah” I lied

“you seem to be not in your usual self” she added

I felt really guilty that moment.

“I can’t do this anymore” I said

“you can’t do what?” she asked

“Sulli, I will be migrating to New York next week.” I confessed

“wha, what?” she asked in confusion.

“I’m going away to New York” I answered

“but you’re coming back right?” she asked again

“No, I don’t think so, they said we’ll be living there” I answered honestly,

Sulli got upset and walked away from me,

“Sulli-ah!” I shouted, trying to stop her, but it was no use at all.

So it happened, the thing that I was afraid of happening.

For the whole afternoon, I was quiet. Sulli didn’t look at me the whole time. I was doomed.

Yes, I thought I was doomed but I was wrong.

When I was about to go out of the room, Donghae blocked my way.

I was shocked, I never experienced this before. So there, I froze again.

“you left something in your desk” he said with a big smile on his face.

I stared at him with confusion.

“huh? I don’t think I left something there” I told him.

“then why don’t you go and check it?” he suggested.

And there I was a slave of his. So followed him, I went back to desk and there, I saw a sticky note that sates,

“You forgot to smile”

And just by that, I was happy, extremely happy.

I couldn’t believe that it would come from Donghae.

As I remove the note, a small smiling pin was under
it.

It was cute. The cutest thing I’ve ever seen. That pin drew a big smile on my face.

I looked back at the doorway to thank him but he was already gone.

“he’s making it more difficult for me to say goodbye” I told myself.

I regret not being able to thank him, but I know that he knows, he made my gloomy day brighter.

With that on my mind, I went out of the room and headed home.

Another day came and everything was just the same,,

I saw Sulli waiting for me near the gate, I went near her and as she saw me, she ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

“I’m so sorry. I know it must be harder on your part but I still acted that way.” She said as tears flow from her eyes.

“Sulli-ah! Please don’t cry coz it makes me wanna cry more” I said, almost sobbing.
“I’m sorry” she said as she let go of the hug and wiped her tears.

“we have to be together for the rest of the week” she added
“ofcourse, but Sulli, please don’t tell anyone else, okay? I just don’t want to cause a festival for the evil witches” I jokingly said.

“Yep! I promise” she replied,

Then both of us started to walk to our room, in those moments, I told her everything about the sticky note and pin, and as expected, she was happy for me.

Days passed so fast and Monday came.

Sulli skipped class to send me off.

When we arrived in the airport, Sulli cried a lot, and I, also cried with her.

I hugged her tightly and then walked away. I felt really uncomfortable, but I had to do it.

She doesn't know how much i'm gonna miss her.

And how much i'm gonna miss him..