Just the Beginning

My happy Ending

 

**high School Years**

As I walk out the car that was parked a little away from
school, I saw guy coming out from his luxury, chauffeured
car, and he’s not other than, Lee Donghae.

Lee Donghae, a popular, sophisticated, evil person that
makes people around him suffer. Hah! I hated guys like him
very much. They are the kind of people that should never be
respected. We’ve been together, oh , not together
literally, we’ve been classmates since middle school and in
all those years, I really. Really want to…

Haiz. Yeah. I admit it, I want to kiss him like hell!

Ever since middle school, he was the only guy I wanted to be with. I always wished to be his lab partner, seatmate or anything that could make me within his circle, or just near him.

Yes, I’m being honest about hating guys like him, but not him.

I love everything about him, everything and anything about him. But reality has been tough on me, Donghae doesn’t like me at all, I think. He doesn’t even know my name. We’ve been classmates since a few years ago but never once did he greet me.

Okay, enough with my not so good past, now that we’re in high school, it has become 100% more difficult to be near him. He has gained a lot of popularity and I, a person with no friends as popular as him, has become more and more quiet.

As I walk pass through his so called “fans”, who were satisfying their eyes with the sight of him, a person called out my name.

“Mi Young!” and as I look back, I saw my closest friend in school, Sulli.

“hey Sulli! Good Morning!” I said to her as she come near me.

“yeah, it really is a good morning for you, seeing you prince charming in his horse” she teasingly said to me
“hah! A metal horse that is, but unfortunately, as you can see, there are a lot of evil witches and angry dragons that he has to pass through before he could see me” I jokingly told her.

“well, that one is true” she agreed to me then we walk towards our room.

As I sat in my chair that is located at the very back part, near the window, Donghae came to our room.

He then took a seat in the desk in front of me, and yes, I’m lucky to have him seated in front of me. I actually did a lot of thanks giving for that.

Unexpectedly, he looked back. I got really nervous, that I froze as he talked to me.

“hey, do you have an answer for this item?” he said.
And I, frozen as I was, said no.

Yes, yes, I’m so DUMB for letting go of that moment, the moment where I could have talked to him and for him to know my name. But then again, I was dumb.

“thanks anyway” he said as he look back to his front.
I was sweating, literally sweating. I was extremely happy that he talked to me.

Sulli, who was seated two chairs away from me, saw us and she called me, in a whisper tone.

“yah! What was that! Why didn’t you answer him?” she said.

“i..i didn’t know what to say!” that was all I could tell her.

She just looked away with regret in her face. And I looked at his back with regrets as well.

I’m never gonna get a chance again, I told myself.
But unexpectedly again, he looked back.

“hey, are you sure you don’t have? i mean, you know, you always get items like this right” he said.

And I freaked out! How did he know I get this item right? Did he actually know me? Is he actually paying attention in me? Oh my God.

Then I suddenly came into my senses as I saw him waiting for my answer.

“oh, was that what you mean? I thought it was the other item. Here”
I said as I handed him my assignment.
He then showed me his smile, the smile that captured my heart all these years. My heart was beating fast and I was almost trembling.

After a while, he handed me back my assignment.
“thank you very much, Mi Young” he said,

I just smiled at him, but deep inside me was emotions that couldn’t be explained by words. Those moments made my day, No, not just my day but my entire life.

I may be overreacting, but that was what I felt at that time.

And for the entire morning, I did nothing but to stare at his back. I was satisfied doing that.

Lunch break came, and as usual, I went with Sulli in the cafeteria.

As we went out of the room, Sulli asked me the question I was waiting for her to ask.

“yah, what happened earlier?” she asked.

“he asked me the answer of the assignment and guess what?” I excitedly said.

“what?” she asked,

“he knows my name” I excitedly answered.

“come on Mi Young, how could he not? You were classmate since middle school and you we’re always in the top of the class.” She said, breaking my excited feeling.

“I just thought he didn’t know. He never greeted my until earlier” I said.

“Aish! Anyways, that’s a good start isn’t it?” she said, lifting my mood.

I got happy again.

I accidentally looked back and I was shocked, very shocked that I saw, no other than Donghae.

He was smiling at me, and that made me crazy.

 

Did he hear what we said? Did he already know my feeling? What am I going to do?!