The Right Suspicion

My happy Ending

 “I think your dad is planning a grand party to announce your wedding” Henry suddenly told us his suspicion.

“I think so too” I agreed to him.

Knowing my dad, I’m absolutely sure Henry’s suspicion is right. He has a tendency of doing extravagant things like that.

“Anyway, we’ll see you guys later” I said and stood up. Donghae and I went out of the café then he dropped me home.

“I’ll fetch you up later” he said as I went out of his car

“You’re going home to Hwaseong? Isn’t it far?” I asked

“No. I’m just going to my stylist. Don’t miss me so much, okay?”

“oh no! I might die because I’ll be missing you” I joked back.

He just smiled, gave me a butterfly kiss then drove away.

I immediately went inside my room and prepared myself for the dinner. After about an hour of preparation, I went downstairs and decided to wait for Donghae there. To my surprise, Donghae was already there sitting in the couch.

“What did time did you arrive?” I asked him

“About 10 minutes ago.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t want to rush you. Are you ready?” he asked me

“Yup. Let’s go.” He then went near me and offered his elbow. I cling my hand to his elbow then we walked towards the car.

We arrived in the lotte function room and just like our suspicion, my dad really did organized a party for us.

“Everyone, may I have your attention please” My dad suddenly went up the stage and talked to everyone.

“Oops. Here it comes” I whispered to Donghae

“what?”

“His much awaited and anticipated speech” I murmured

“For the past 23 years, I have seen grew from a cute little baby to a lovely lady” My dad said.

“You were cute when you were a kid? I thought you were just a nerd.” Donghae nagged then smiled sheepishly.

“NAGGER!” I angrily whispered and hit him.

“Ever since she was a teen, I never heard anything about her having a boyfriend. I even thought that my daughter wasn’t really interested in boys but it all changed when I found out that she already had someone inside her heart, Donghae” my dad continued

“I hope it’s not too long.” I murmured again.

“Come on. I think it’s cool” he grinned.

“Yeah, everything for you is cool” I told him.

“I know very well that it’s too early for them to get marry, but what can a parent do if that’s what his child wants right?” My dad said and laughed. (Along with the other guests)

“Yah! My dad is getting out of board! Did we force him to move the wedding next week?!” I angrily whispered to Donghae.

“Your dad is just overwhelmed. Leave him alone, alright?” Donghae defended him.

“Anyway, let’s have a toast for the soon to be married couple, my future son in law, Donghae and my lovely daughter, Tiffany” he ended his speech.

I don’t exactly know if I’ll be angry at him or if I’ll be touched with his speech, so I just decided to ignore it.

We were being congratulated by a lot of people that night, some were from our company and some were Donghae’s friends and family friends.

Suddenly, three familiar people came to us; one of them is already my friend, Kibum.

“Hyung! Congratulations.” The tallest among the three told Donghae and hugged him, same as the other guy then Kibum.

“Ah, by the way, Mi Young, this is Siwon and this is Kyuhyun. You already know Kibum right? They are my bestfriends and celebrities like me” He said as he introduced me to his friends

“Yeah, nice to meet you.” I said and shook hands with them.

“Finally, we met you. The only girl who made Hyung’s heart flutter” Siwon joked. I just smiled to him. I noticed that Kyuhyun was quiet, just like Kibum.

“Ah, where’s Anna?” I asked Kibum

“She’s out there. I think with Seohyun.”  He answered

“Seohyun?”

“My girlfriend. I’ll introduce you to her later.” Kyuhyun said.

“alright.” It was all I could ever say. I never actually thought that celebrities like them could date openly like this. But I wondered if Siwon actually had a girlfriend.

The four of them then started talking alien things. I actually understood what they were saying; it’s just that, I don’t know what they were talking about.

 I tried to look for something interesting around the hall, then I finally saw a very familiar person waving at me.

I stared at him and realized that it was one of my closest friends in U.S, Lee Sung Min. I immediately walked towards him and left Donghae and his friends.

“Lee Sung Min!” I yelled softly and hugged him.

“Tiffany Hwang! I missed you!” he said

“How are you?”

“Just like before, I’m trying to get over you.” he joked.

“I was actually surprised when you dad called me and invited me here, good thing I’m still in Korea.” He continued.

“Just admit that you followed me here.”I joked. Sungmin and I continued to chat with him. After a few moments, Donghae suddenly flashed himself to us.

“Hey, I’m Donghae”

“Lee Sung Min” he said as they shook hands.

“Mi Young, can we have a dance?” Donghae suddenly asked me.

I know it’s kinda rude to leave Sungmin but I had to dance with Donghae.

“I’ll get back to you later” I told Sungmin and left with Donghae.