what i never knew

My happy Ending

I woke up really early the next morning. I was nervous and at the same time excited. This is the first time that I will be doing something for my own happiness.

I immediately prepared myself and grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

Before I could take my last step on the stairs, my dad suddenly called me,

“You’re going out this early?” he asked

“Yes, because you only gave me 24 hours remember?”

He was speechless with my last words and just cleared his throat. Eventually, I didn’t wait for him to answer so I continued walking.

Butler Pyo was waiting for me outside; he was so ready to go with me.

“Butler Pyo, I’m sorry. But I guess I’ll have to go alone” I told him

“Are you sure with that ma’am?”

“Of course. I need to do this alone.”

“Well then, Good Luck!”

“Thanks!”

I said and went inside the car.

It took me a few hours to reach Donghae, and during those times, I felt really anxious. There was this feeling of doubt happening inside me. I never thought I’d eat my own words.

Anyways, so I safely reached Donghae’s house. I immediately went out of the car.

No one welcomed me except Donghae’s mom.

“Mi Young!! I knew you’d come back!” she said and hugged me.
I got really guilty but glad. I never thought she’ll still accept me despite of what I’ve done to her son.

“I’m sorry.” I said. Those were the only words that came out from my mouth.

“No, I believe it’s not your fault. I think you and Donghae need to talk” she said

“Yeah, that’s why I’m here”

“Come on. I’ll take you to him.” She said and grabbed my hand.

“Donghae wasn’t himself the past day” His mom said as we walk towards the shore.

“He didn’t eat, nor sleep. All he did was staring in the sea.” She paused.

“I have seen him like this before, 5 years ago, the day when you left Korea.” She continued.

I was left speechless. I never knew that he has become like that before and he is like that now. I pitied him, but at the same time, I was touched.

We suddenly stopped in the shore and she let go of my hand.

“His dad and I were helpless; we didn’t know what to do and how to help him. We didn’t even know why he became like that. So we decided to bring him back here to have him forget things.”

“And then he met Krystal. She brought back the normal Donghae that we knew. He already knows how to mingle with others again and he already smiled a lot. He became open to us, and that’s when we found out the reason behind his sadness, and it was you” she then paused again and smiled at me.

“He always tells us that he’ll find you and marry you. Until the day came when both of you met again. If you could only imagine how happy he was as he told us the news.” She then stopped and held my hands tightly.

“Mi Young, I don’t want to force you to love him just because he is my son, but then I am praying and hoping that you also love Donghae as much as he loves you.” She said. I can see in her eyes the hope that she was talking about.

“Of course I do. But lately, things were getting out of hand. It seemed like destiny doesn’t want us to be together.” I told her honestly.

“But I can see how hard you try to fight against destiny by coming here” she said as she smile at me.

“Yeah.”

“Well then, go and win your battle!” she said as she walked slowly away from me.

I looked at her go away and then I gathered all the courage I could have and slowly walked towards Donghae’s mini house.

I when came nearer, I saw a person sitting at the shore, almost near the sea water and I assumed that it was Donghae.
I walked slowly towards him, and sadly, he didn’t notice me coming.

When I was about a meter away from him, I stopped and stared at him.

I didn’t talk and waited for him to notice me.

After a few moments of waiting, he finally noticed me! I thought I was going to be frozen there forever, thank God!

Anyways, he looked at me with those perfect eyes that seemed to be wet. He then stood up and went near me.
He touched my face, no, not touched but caressed my face. And then he hugged me tightly.

“I thought I’m never gonna see you again!” He said in a cracked voice, he was already crying at that moment.
Me, on the other hand, was also carried away, so I cried too!

“I’m so sorry!” I said.

He suddenly let go of the hug and touched my lips with his finger,

“No! I already know the truth. I’m sorry for not believing you!” he said.

I cried even more, because finally, I won’t have to explain myself to him,

“how did you know?” I got curious and asked.

“Amber saw and heard everything. She told me what Krystal did to you. I’m really sorry I didn’t believe you”

“Then why didn’t you come after me?” I asked him.

“Because I thought you never want to see me again.”

“I really hate it when you assume things! I just said those because..” before I could finish up my words, he suddenly stopped me by,

Blocking my lips using his lips, in short he kissed me.
It was absolutely surprising yet fulfilling. This is the second time that we kissed each other, the first one was different from what we had the second time.

It was more passionate and heartwarming. Very difficult to describe, but it felt like it erased all my heartaches and doubts away.

He then took his lips away from my mine and said,

“let’s not talk about that anymore.” He said,

“wait! I wanna make it official.” I said

I then stepped a bit away from him and shouted at the sea,

“Mr. Lee Donghae, will you be my boyfriend?”

It was very wrong for a girl to ask a guy that question, but I didn’t care at all.

He stared at me and said,

“Why not?!” then both of us laughed.

He is now officially my first boyfriend. And I hope he’ll be my last. =)

As we walk back towards their house, someone suddenly walked towards us, and it was Krystal.

“So? You two are together again?!” she said in angry tone.

“yeah! And all thanks to you.” I told her.

“You B***H!” she said and ran towards me,

I didn’t notice that she was holding a knife until she became really closer to me.

When she was about to push the knife on me, Donghae suddenly pushed me to the sand and he got stabbed by the knife.

He fell on the sand, and I saw a lot of blood coming out from him.

“DONGHAE!!” I freaked out, I shouted a lot. But no one seemed to listen, no one seemed to heard me.

 

“HELP! HELP!” I shouted more.