Understanding

Love Comes In Their Own Beautiful Way

Nana trudged slowly towards her car in the basement. She finally gained her memory. In the most unthinkable way on top of that. She should be happy, should be thankful. On one side, she did though. But at another... it was just simply disturbing.

The reason she got into an accident was because her own stupidity. She didn't like to blame someone else, and now that she thought long about it... everything seemed to be nobody's fault but hers.

If only she didn't rash in action and just slapped Hani or what... but instead she chose to run away and drove her car to her death.

Nana arrived at her car and she leaned against it. She needed time to think. Now that she remembers, how the hell will she tell Sehun? Like, 'Hey, I remember' and that's all?!

She sighed and took out her car key. The car beeped indicating it had been unlocked. She got in and drove away; going somewhere to clear her thought.

 

 

 

*Where is she?* Sehun thought as he worriedly looked over at each rooms in the house, hoping to see her figure in one of them. But she wasn't in any of it. He took out his phone and began to call her endlessly, and when she didn't pick any of his calls up, he messages her. He even made voicecalls.

He went to the kitchen and grabbed himself a drink. He glanced at his phone and saw the screen black. *Where the hell is she?* He sighed and tapped the screen.

He was about to call her again when the front door creaked open.

Sehun immediately walked out to the front. He saw Nana was taking off her shoes and slipping into the slippers. She seemed to be in deep thought since she didn't notice him in any ways, until he decided to cough.

Nana skidded into a stop when she heard someone cough and looked up in alert.

There he was, standing with crossed arms and an eyebrow raised at her. She immediately stood rigidly, unable to move nor speak.

He noticed her weirdness and looked at her in the eyes. He tapped his watch which was wrapped around his left hand. "Where have you been?"

Nana stayed still, unable to answer. She has to recollect everything and made sure everything's alright. No, not about Hani anymore. That had been out of her life for good. The other problem was.... just how she actually should react? And what will he do when he finds out she remembers?

Finally, after deciding, Nana cleared and said stiffly, "I'll take a bath first."

She passed by Sehun in a flash and just in a second, Sehun heard the door of their bedroom hurriedly closed.

Sehun raised an eyebrow. *Weird.*

 

 

 

The sun had already set by the time Nana done bathing. She walked out of the bathroom feeling better and fresher. She went towards the dressing table and sat down in front of it. She looked at her reflection. The thoughts from before came sweeping back in and she involuntarily thought again.

She snapped out of her daze when she felt someone was brushing her hair.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

She heard Sehun asked.

He was rather calm and collected although she could sense worry from him. She felt her eyes heated and tears would spring any moment, but she blinked back her tears and looked down on her laps. She's not ready.

But if she never does?

"Are you okay?"

He asked again, the worrying tone slowly appearing.

"Yes, I mean no." She muttered.

She felt the chair she was sitting on being turned around and Sehun knelt in front of her.

He lifted her chin up with his fingers and searched her hesitant eyes.

"You could tell me what's wrong. I'm here to listen." He spoke softly and oh-so-tenderly.

Her lips trembled and she broke into a sob.

"I'm sorry. I was stupid." She cried and repeated the same line over and over again, but not getting to the point.

"What's wrong? Why you're sorry?" He asked, bewildered. "You're not stupid, Nana. You know it."

"No, I'm beyond stupid." She choked.

Sehun reached out and wiped her tears away.

He saw her not stopping to cry and swept her into his arms, bringing her to the bed. "Hey. It's okay." He said, saying the most comforting words he could ever utter.

She hiccuped and sobbed. She had never cried this much before. She never felt this stupid before. And never did she ever thought she would fall for someone so deeply.

"You know you could tell me." He said.

She calmed herself down before her lips parted and she choked,

"I remember."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun froze the moment that two words came out from her lips. It was funny, because 'I remember' supposed to be something pleasant to hear, especially coming out from someone we love the most. But when Nana spoke that two words, Sehun felt his whole world stopped moving, and progressing whether what he had just heard was true or simply misheard by him.

He slowly turned his head to her, who was leaning against his arms, being craddled by him. He could tell she was beyond nervous by the way she fiddled with her fingers, looking anywhere but him.

Slowly, he moved his body down so that he was face to face with her. She was looking at somewhere else. He reached out and slowly lifted her chin and turned her around to face him.

Their eyes met for the milisecond and Nana felt her anxiety grow even more.

"I'm sorry."

Nana's eyes widen when the words left Sehun's lips.

She immediately chided, "What are you sorry for?"

"For not able to stop you. I should've followed you."

"I know you did. But I wanted to run away that time. It's not your fault." Nana mumbled.

Sehun took her hand and brought it up to his lips. He kissed her knuckles softly. "I could have prevented it from happening."

Nana shook her head softly. "Nothing you could have done." She pulled their tangled hand and kissed his knuckles back. "I should be the one who said sorry."

"And for what is that?"

"For being  rash and stupid. I knew you don't have feeling for her, but I still ran after I saw her kissed you on the cheek. I may have been feeling angry and betrayed, and wanted some time to think alone, to recollect my broken pieces. I never expected to be in an accident."

"Nobody expected it." Sehun murmured.

She slowly looked up and met his eyes.

It was soft and caring, looking deeply into her as if he could see her soul. He slowly leaned closer and pressed her lips to her. It was careful and tender, deep yet fragile. He wrapped an arm around her waist and slowly pulled her closer.

Nana hesitantly wrapped her arms around his neck and after a while, she pulled him closer, softly reciprocating his kiss.

They broke away for a second.

"I'm sorry." Sehun said, leaning his forehead against her.

"I'm sorry too." She smiled shyly.