Dinner At The Im's

Love Comes In Their Own Beautiful Way

“So……was it true?” Su Ah asked, biting the pipette she used to drink.

 

“What true?” Nana asked dumbly.

 

“The wedding!” Su Ah shouted, making a few heads turned to them.

 

Nana flushed furiously. “We’re in public place, so shut it.”

 

Su Ah could care less about that. “I don’t care. Spill.”

 

“What to spill?” Nana chided. “We met and eat. That’s all. And you called me when I was eating.”

 

“You’re saying I ed you two from talking any longer?”

 

Nana’s eyes twinkled mischievously. “Something likes that.”

 

“It’s not right!!” She whined. “I should be the one who helped you two!”

 

“You did not know at that time.” Nana pointed out.

 

After that, the two left the restaurant to get back to their workplace.

 

While they are working, their boss comes.

 

“Im Nana, Yoo Su Ah.” He called out and the two women glanced at each other before going to complying him.

 

“Yes, Sir?”

 

“The China’s spokesperson is here again.” He said, flustering.

 

Yes, he’s the boss. But he couldn’t speak a bit of Chinese. And that’s why he needed the two most intelligence workers he had.

 

Im Nana can speak lots of languages, such as Japanese, Cantonese, Taiwanese, French, English, Spanish, Latin, and Germany. And she does it fluently.

 

That’s Im Nana for you.

 

Su Ah, in the other hand, speaks a bit tune-off, lacking in her accent. But what’s the use of accent when you can just understand each other? So in anyhow, when Im Nana’s not around, Su Ah is in charge as the translater.

 

Only God knows how the company will still be running if the two intelligent women are not working anymore.

 

“What’s his name again?” Nana asked.

 

Su Ah rolled her eyes. “It’s Yi Xing, for god!”

 

But Nana has a very bad memory when it comes to remember people’s name.

 

The boss led them to Yi Xing.

 

Nana spoke in a fluent mandarin, “Hi, I’m Im Nana.”

 

Yi Xing nodded knowingly. “We have been introduced before.”

 

“Yeah, right.” Nana replied calmly. “So, what’s the purpose of you coming here today? I thought we had agreement that the meeting will be tomorrow.”

 

“My boss wanted me to look around.” Yi Xing replied.

 

“Mr. Yi Xing, I do not want to sound harsh, but having someone walking around…is rather uncomfortable. They do not like being watch while they work.” She pointed the employees behind the glass window.

 

Yi Xing furrowed his eyebrows. “I understand. And please just call me Lay. It’s my name overseas.”

 

Nana nodded her head, smiling. “Sure, Lay.”

 

Lay, seeing her bright and cheerful smile, smiled back. “Well, I rather go now before I disturbed your time again.”

 

Nana shook her head softly. “You’re not disturbing us.” Then she added, “Just slightly making us nervous.”

 

Lay laughed and stared at her in amusement.

 

 

It was time for dinner and Nana has done taking a bath and stuff, getting ready to go downstairs to eat. Usually she just wears sleeping clothes, but since her mom told her that there will be guests coming over for dinner, she has to slip in an appropriate cloth.

 

Which led her to : dressing herself in a dress.

 

“Hmph.” She harrumphed, looking through her closet.

 

Her best outfits have been put down on the bed, proudly showing that they are picked out from the best.

 

After thirty minutes, she chose a simple dress with flowery pattern. She mixed the dress with a soft material of sweater that covered her back and shoulder. She took a brown belt and wrapped it around her waist, clasping it in the end.

 

“Nana!” Her mother hollered and she made a quick brush on her hair, running downstairs.

 

The Oh family hasn’t come yet, but Nana could feel herself fidgeting and her lips nervously. Yes she has no feelings for the guy, but what else you should be feeling when you know you’re going to be married off with a guy you don’t even know well.

 

Anxiety? Of course. Nervous? On top of the list. Angry? With what reason?

 

A black car parked outside the house when Nana was helping her mom with the dishes.

 

“The Oh has come!” Her father said happily, leaving Nana dumbfounded.

 

Slowly, she reached out a napkin and wiped her hand before going to the living room, waiting for her father to open the front door.

 

The two families greeted each other earnestly, with the exception of the two young lads. Nana fidgeted on her seat when Sehun was told to sit in front of her, while the man rolled his eyes for such a childish command.

 

Nevertheless, he complied what his mother told him, not trying to make a scene right there.

 

The food that Mrs. Im made was rather delicious—heck, it was one of the best dishes Sehun has ever tasted. Maybe it was because Mrs. Im used to take cooking classes during her youth days.

 

In the other hand, Mrs. Oh is very very bad at cooking, never even once trying to get near the kitchen. So the results, the two wives found themselves indulged in talking.

 

First, they talked about food, where Mrs. Im is the one who dominance the talks, since she can cook and all.

 

Second, they moved to business management, where Mrs. Oh took over the dominance and began blabbering about it.

 

The two fathers weren’t off the tune too. They talked about sports, car, business, and everything that make them clopped instantly.

 

Nana watched both her and Sehun’s parents happily talked to each other. She glanced over Sehun, who was eating calmly and trying not to be bothered by the loud noises beside him.

 

Sehun is a one good-looking man, Nana concluded, her eyes examined him. He is not as bulky as many guys she knows, but he sure has an aura which bulky guys even will be scared off. From how his eyes see people, Nana could say that he is an anti-socialize type person, since from the beginning of dinner, he hadn’t said anything to her, or even trying to make up conversation.

 

He felt someone was looking at him and he looked up. Their eyes met for seconds, but then she broke the contact, looking away.

 

She puffed her cheeks, trying to prevent the red blushed start to form on her cheeks.

 

Sehun smirked at it, and then poked his food.

 

“Nana.” Mrs. Im suddenly diverted her attention to her daughter.

 

Nana looked up, seeing four pair of eyes staring at her intently. She was confused, beyond doubt. What were they talking about? I’m doomed.

 

“We asked you, how do you want the wedding be?” Mrs. Im asked.

 

Nana flabbergasted. “Er…how do you like it would do.”

 

Mrs. Im twitched her lips disapprovingly as Mrs. Oh turned to her son. “How about you, son? How do you want the wedding going to be?”

 

Sehun looked up and stared uncaringly to his mother. “Do as you wish. I won’t interfere.”

 

Now it’s turn for Mrs. Oh to twitch her lips. She glared at her son angrily, before turning to her future daughter-in-law. “The two of you will make sure to go to the wedding clothes’ shop tomorrow. I’ll have my friend, the owner shop, to make sure you two show up. I don’t want to hear anything from both of you since the two of you do not care of this wedding.” She raised her hand to prevent Sehun opening his mouth. “And I want you, Oh Sehun, to take Im Nana to her workplace tomorrow. Do not defy me.” She shot a hard look to her son, making sure he noted everything she said.

 

The two young lads winced at the authority voice but did not defy her (they really scared of her right now).

 

Mrs. Im silently agreed with Mrs. Oh since she made no movement to help her own daughter away from the mess.

 

“But, Mrs. Oh—” Mrs. Oh gave Nana a reprimanded look, telling her to call her ‘omonim’. Nana sighed and continued, “Omonim, I have a car myself. I’m pretty much independent woman.”

 

“I know. Women these days are independent. But I would like you to be a housewife once you marry my son.”

 

That caught Nana’s temper. She cannot live without her works. Hell no! “I cannot do that, omonim. With all due respect, I hope you understand that I love my job.”

 

If Mrs. Oh feels offended, she did a good job for not showing it. “I’m just saying. But still, tomorrow, the two of you will show up at the dress shop not matter what.”

 

Sehun inwardly groaned, gritting his teeth. He mumbled something under his breath, but do not defy his mother.

 

“Well, it’s getting late now. We better get going.” Mr. Oh said, standing up.

 

It seems as if he has waited this moment to say those sentences. Pity him.

 

After goodbyes, Nana went to her room and change to a short pants and oversize tee-shirt. And then she drifted off to dreamland.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, POPPPPSSSSSSSSS! I've updated today! I'm sorry to make you guys wait, but as you know, I had exam. And actually, my last exam will be this Saturday. But what, I can't wait to update for you guys!

 

Please COMMENTS, BECAUSE THEY ARE LOVED! And do pray for me and my scores, guys! Thanks :D