Thanksgiving

Love Comes In Their Own Beautiful Way

Dear My Family - I AM OST. (SM TOWN)

Thanksgiving is a feast which is held on the fourth thursday of November (if I'm not mistaken) It was to thank the indian for helping the pilgrims when they first reached the America Continent. It's not a must or even a tradition in Korea, but I just thought of writing it. Enjoy :D

 

Please leave lots of comments and loves! ^^

______________________________________________________________________

 

Two weeks after their togetherness on Sunday, it was time for Thanksgiving. Since it’s the first Thanksgiving since they married, they were flabbergasted of what to do and what to cook and who to invite on that important day.

 

Little did they learn that they have to invite the parents and maybe friends you would like to invite, decorating the house or maybe housewarming, and most crucial thing you must have on Thanksgiving day; a turkey!

 

“You go buy the turkey.” Nana said, her hands on her hips.

 

“You buy.”

 

“You do!” Nana said in high voice, obviously angry with the man in front of her.

 

She and Sehun both rejected to buy the turkey, saying they have no time for the simple thing.

 

Simple your head. -_-

 

“I have a meeting in an hour, and then I have another meeting, and another, and another.” Sehun said, grabbing his gray coat.

 

“Well, I have my work too. I cannot go buy the turkey.” She said.

 

“I can’t too. And you’re the housewife, by the way.”

 

“When we were married, I never say anything about doing the house chores, or doing a good job as a wife.” She huffed.

 

“Seriously, Nana, I cannot go to buy the turkey.”

 

“Neither did I.” She replied. “Tomorrow is the big day. Are your parents coming by the way?”

 

“The whole family. My parents said that we should invite all my family, and I did. The problem is that we don’t have the main food.”

 

Nana seemed flustered. “I…my parents told me to invite the whole family…”

 

Sehun’s eyes widen. “Oh no. Our house is going to be a wrecked ship.” He said. “Any kids?”

 

“Lots.” She replied desperately.

 

“What are we going to do?” He asked.

 

“I don’t know. Your idea should pop out right now.” She sighed. “We’re going to be a very bad host. I just knew it.”

 

“No need a word to continue. I’ve always thought of it.” He said. “Now, back to the main problem; who buy the turkey?”

 

“Can’t we just change it to chicken? You know, it’s easier to find.”

 

He stared at her long. “No. My mom will be terrified to find the main food is chicken, not turkey.”

 

“My mom will do that too, I’m guessing.” Nana looked at Sehun. “What about the dishes?”

 

“I don’t know, you’re the girl.” He gave her a look.

 

“A girl doesn’t mean to know everything happened in the house.” She shot him back with a look.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “I really have to go now. I’m late for the meeting.” He said, and glanced at her once again before leaving her.

 

 

“Yes, yes.” Nana spoke through the phone. “I’m going to take a day off for today and tomorrow. I’m sorry boss, I have something really important to do.”

 

“Mrs. Oh?” The butler asked.

 

“Yes?” Nana covered her phone using her shoulder as she looked up.

 

“Are you sure you want to do everything by your own?”

 

“The maids need to be with their family for Thanksgiving.” She smiled. “And you should go home too, Mr. Kim. Your family probably waiting for you.”

 

“Thanksgiving is tomorrow.” The butler said with matter-of-factly tone.

 

“I know that. Just maybe you need to do something or maybe buy something you know. Prepare yourself for the day of gathering.” Nana said.

 

The butler stared at her for long. “Thank you, Mrs. Oh.”

 

“And call me Nana. You’re older than me a lot.” She said.

 

He smiled and left the house.

 

“Okay, so as I was saying, I’m going to take two days off.” She said, and hung up before her boss can do any further nagging.

 

She went to her room and changed her clothes to a comfortable one. She tied up her hair into a tail. She knew that Sehun wouldn’t buy the turkey and might as well go buy by herself. She is indeed still doesn’t realize she’s doing a housewife job, because if she did, she would really choose to just bury herself.

 

She went with her car to a few market, but the turkeys were sold out.

 

“Stupid. Who told you to get busy just before Thanksgiving?” She talked to herself, scolding her stupid self for not predicting that the turkeys sold out. “Now, where am I going to buy a nice turkey?”

 

She looked around; she was in Gimpal Street, mostly known as a fresh meat market.  “Heol.” She sighed.

 

“FRESH TURKEY! FRESH TURKEY! JUST BEING CAUGHT! ONLY FEW LEFT!”

 

The advertisement caught her attention and she whipped around, seeing a market being surrounded by bunch of ahjumma.

 

“Oh no.” She crunched her face as she ran to the scene. *I have to get the turkey!* She determinedly thought.

 

 

The night falls down and Sehun came back to only be greeted by the smell of something being barbequed. He sniffed the air and his lips. The smell is very inviting and Sehun felt really hungry.

 

“Nana!” He called out. “Where are you?”

 

“Over here!” Came her reply.

 

He thought he heard wrong, but he found her in an apron, cooking in the kitchen.

 

“You are cooking?” He coughed, absolutely astounded by the finding.

 

“Yep. You must be hungry, don’t you? Come, I’m cooking.” She said.

 

“Are you sure all available to eat? You said you can’t cook.” He reasoned.

 

“I was taking a few cooking lessons from my mom days ago. She told me that being a wife should cook for her husband at least once…for someone like me.” She said, placing the dishes around the rice.

 

“What’s the delicious smell?” He asked.

 

“The turkey. I barbequed it with butter and sauce.” She pointed the big oven. “Inside it.”

 

Then Sehun stared at her in disbelief.

 

“Why?” She asked.

 

He let out a sigh. “I went to buy the turkey for you.” He took out a plastic bag. A big one.

 

“Aw… you bought it too?” She asked in disbelief.

 

“Yep. I thought you were working.”

 

“I took two days off to prepare the Thanksgiving. I thought that you would be very busy and couldn’t go by the Turkey. That’s why I did it.” She explained thoroughly, feeling touched that he thought about her…and the turkey.

 

“I’m going to barbequed it too.” Nana said. “Our families are going to come, and I’m pretty much sure it’s not a smallllll one.” She trailed the ‘small’ emphasizing how chaotic it would be tomorrow. “Go take a bath now and eat after you done.”

 

They have a very nice dinner, and both delighted to actually can speak about their day, how the pass it, and how their work’s going.

 

The sad thing, both still didn’t realize they were actually comfortable with each other presence. Like old time idioms, ‘One will finally feel lost when another is gone.’

 

 

Thanksgiving’s day came and Nana woke up early in the morning to clean the house and with the help of her husband (who decided to take a day off too), she was able to decorate the house into a merry atmosphere, and she cooked the food based on the cooking book.

 

But poor Nana, someone couldn’t just cook by the book. They have to have the skill.

 

And Im—Oh Nana is totally not gifted with the skill.

 

So she decided to call her savior, her Mama.

 

Mrs. Im reached the manor just in time after lunch, and put down the whole groceries on the kitchen. “Where’s Sehun?”

 

“He’s out to get some cheese and bacon. We forgot to buy those before.”

 

Silently—not so silent—Mrs. Im let out a giggle.

 

“Omma, are you okay?” Nana asked, raising an eyebrow confusedly.

 

“Yes, of course. I’m very happy, in fact.”

 

Nana gave her mother a look. “I’m not sure what make you happy, but I’m very sure it isn’t because we’re having a mom and daughter cooking lesson.”

 

“Aigoo, what are you talking about?” Mrs. Im slapped her daughter’s shoulder playfully. She is totally not meant what she said

 

In anyway, Nana let it go and not asking any further since she really wanted to do everything quickly, seeing how much time has taken up by talking.

 

Sehun came back just in time when Nana was baking cookies.

 

“What’s with the smell?” He asked.

 

“I baked some cookies, and I learnt it well from the book.” Nana replied, checking on another dough while glancing the oven every five minutes. “Where’s the cheese?”

 

“Here.” He gave her a plastic of quick-melt cheese.

 

“I’m making small pizzas for the kids.” She told her. “My mom told me that kids like cheese on their pizzas.”

 

“Talking about your mom, where is she?”

 

“She went home, saying something about changing her clothes. But she helped me a lot. Most of the dishes made by her, and not to mention big portion too.” Nana said.

 

“Hey, do you know what I just realize?” Sehun asked, his eyebrows pinching together in uh-huh manner.

 

“What?” Nana replied, not even looking at him since her hands are busy putting the quick-melt cheese on the pizza dough.

 

“We slept in a different room.”

 

It took precisely three seconds for Nana to realize what that means.

 

Their family are going to gather and since family is very LOUD, they will take everything they have to look around; and most important thing not to miss; the couple bedroom!

 

“Oh, damn.” She cursed. She turned to look at Sehun. “What are we going to do?”

 

“Let’s just say our rooms are going under some…uh…renovation?” Sehun gave an idea.

 

“Like that would give it away.” She huffed. “Ugh. This family thing is choking me. What should we do?”

 

“I’ll take care of it. You just go back doing…cooking.” He said and quickly left, reminding himself there’s not a lot of time to waste.

 

Nana sighed then composed herself. *It’s better to go back cooking… yeah… inhale, exhale…*