Im Nana

Love Comes In Their Own Beautiful Way

FIRST CHAPTER, ENJOY POPPSSS!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________


The alarm clock has just about to start alerting its owner to wake up when a hand reaches out and clicks the stop button. It's a day after sunday and the sun has begun to rise through the soft light peeking through the binds of the window. Another working day and Nana feels nothing but excitement. It's as if she's waking up on a Saturday, not a Monday. But Nana is different from most normal people because she loves her job a lot. She wakes up and showers in record time, quickly dressing up into her working attire. Brushing her chestnut colored hair to the left, she looks at herself in the mirror in appreciative stare. Looking good, she thinks as she grabs her bag before going downstairs to meet her parents.

"Omma! Appa!" She greets loudly and kisses her mother's cheek. "Good morning!"

"Good morning, Nana." Her mother chuckles, kissing Nana's cheek.

Nana drools over the food that is put in front of her. Her mother is really a good cook so she always makes sure to eat at home for breakfast and dinner.

"I'll eat the food well!" She says before digging in her food and swallows everything in a flash.

Her mother scolds, "Nana, how many times do I have to tell you that a girl should eat more femininely? Look at you...hah...I'm getting older each day just because of you."

"Omma, being older day by day can't be because of me. Everyone gets older."

Her mom touches her own forehead. *I think I'm not able to talk to my own daughter heart-to-heart.* "What I meant is literally."

Nana shrugs, not understanding. "Anyway, omma, appa, I'm going to rush!" She waves them goodbye and drives her car to work.

 

 

When she walks out from her car, someone appears in front of her. "Good morning, Nana." Her friend, Su Ah greets.

"Morning, Su Ah."

They put their thumb on the scanning door and got inside the building.

"What are we going to do today?" Nana asks.

"I'm not sure, because I wish we don't have to do anything." Su Ah blows a raspberry.

Nana shakes her head. "Well, wish you luck. I'm going to find myself something to do. See you later."

The two women separates and Nana goes to her desk.

"What am I going to do?" She asks herself as she opens files and more files, but most of her works are finished. "Hmm."

 

 

"Nana, are you going to lunch now?" Su Ah asks as she organizes her files to a neat stack.

"Yes, yes." Nana replies, her eyes still scanning the computer while her fingers are busy typing.

"What are you doing? Let's go!" Su Ah urges; the latter is feeling hungry.

"Alright. Alright." Nana replies again, then clicks on the save button before logging off the computer.

"What were you doing by the way? I thought you had no more works?" Su Ah asks in curiosity as they walk into the elevator.

"I do have no more works. So I thought helping others..." She stops, noticing her friend grow rigid.

"And you didn't ask me whether I need help or not!?" Su Ah shrieks. "Do you still call yourself 'friend?" She throws tantrums.

"Ayee, Su Ah, you can do your work better than others. And faster in any way. So why do I have to ask you?" She reasons.

"That's quite true, if you're saying I'm merely smarter than others." Su Ah huffs.

Nana glues her lips to prevent herself from laughing. Her best-friend has really high self-esteem and pride.

 

 

They sit on a restaurant near their workplace, and order themselves foods.

"I'd say, lamb steak with teriyaki sauce is the jjang!" Su Ah makes a thumb as she proceeds to tell Nana the details of the lamb steak, which she claims is soft and tender.

"Stop bragging the lamb steak you've ever eaten and I haven't." Nana pouts. "Or I will surely eat yours food later!"

"Omo, omo!" Su Ah laughs. "You really don't change, monster Nana. You sweep every food that comes in your way."

"Hey!" Nana complains. "Those foods are really good."

Their food comes and Nana rubs her hand together.

"Hmm, spagghetti is yummy!" Nana's eyes shines brightly at the sight of her food.

"Tsk. tsk. tsk." Su Ah wags her fingers. "How come you're not getting any fatter with all the junk foods in you?"

"I don't know. I have a good metabolism system, I guess?"

"What metabolism. You eat yogurt everyday." Su Ah says. Then she gets her fork and twirls the spagghetti. As the taste explodes in , she closes her eyes and savors the moment.

Nana chuckles, "And you said you hate junk food."

"Spaghetti cannot be included to junk food."

"You said I wasn't getting any fatter with all the junk foods in me. That includes spagghetti!"

Su Ah huffs again before getting another fork of spaghetti.

 

 

The two women are walking back to the company when Su Ah realizes that she forgets her wallet on the table.

"Oh, my! My wallet is still at the restaurant!" Su Ah fidgets. "My work isn't done yet."

"I'll get them for you. You go back to the company and done your work."

"Thanks, Nana." Su Ah says sincerely.

Nana nods and walks back to the restaurant. The table has been occupied by somebody else already and Nana sighs.

She goes to the table and looks around, trying not to make the people in the table uncomfortable.

But nothing is on the table.

Scratching her head, she feels confused as she wonders where the wallet can be.

Did Su Ah think wrong? Maybe the wallet is with her, Nana thinks and whips around when she accidentally bumps into someone.

"I'm sorry!" The female says, quickly stretching her hand out to help Nana.

"Thank you." Nana mumbles and bows. She goes to the bar to ask. "Excuse me, were there anything left on that table?" She points at the table.

"I don't think there is..."

Nana sighs and thanks the bartender.

When she goes back to the company, she was surprised to see all lights are off.

Huh? Is it blackout? Nana asks herself in panic. But the elevator is suprisingly working and once she steps out from the elevator, the only lights that lighten up the room comes from the candles.

On top of a cake.

"Happy Birthday Nana, happy birthday Nana, Nana saranghaneun chingu, happy birthday Nana!" Her co-workers sing together as she smiles, touched.

"We're all thankful for your kindness, Nana. You helped us done our job." Her co-workers states and they (girls only) do a group hug.

"Oh man, I'm feeling envious towards them. I want to hug her too." One of the male states, earning a glare from Su Ah.

"Do not try to getting near my friend, you sir!" Su Ah threatens.

"I do not!" The man and Su Ah bicker all the way.

"Thank you very much." Despite the bickering that her own friend has participated in, Nana smiles to the others. "I feel really touched now."

"You should be." One of the female says. "You deserved all of this."

"It's true! If you're not here, I don't know if I'll survive the workload!"

Su Ah looks at Nana and grins. With a shy look, Nana smiles bashfully.

____________________________________________________________________

A lame first chapter. But I've tried my best to do the introduction of the main character before going to the plot. Maybe I'll start the first meeting by the third chapter. DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE IF YOU LIKE IT :D AND COMMENTS!

BTW, POPPSS, have you watched 'To The Beautiful You'??? I really love that movie! Go Minho and Sulli!! :D