The Accident

Love Comes In Their Own Beautiful Way

"S-Sehun?" Nana's voice trembled as she spoke, her tears was threateningly to fall any second.

Sehun and Hani were hugging right in front of her, and Sehun was willingly hugging her back. She knew it was stupid when the thought of Sehun opening up to Hani come to her, but she didn't find any reasons well for them to be as friendly as this.

The two broke the heartwarming hug as they turned around. Sehun looked bewilder with his wife's surprise appearance, but felt so happy to see her. He was just about to open his mouth when a pair of lips landed on his left cheek, the side where Hani was standing.

Nana fingers curled into a fist as she turned her heels and started to running away.

"What the hell, Hani!? I thought you give up on me!" Sehun shouted at Hani.

"It was just one last kiss, oppa. That I've never gotten from you..." Hani sobbed. "Go follow her."

Sehun didn't need to be told twice before his legs started to run after Nana. Nana was already opening the car door while Sehun was still half-way from her. He cursed loudly when Nana's car sprinted off and he didn't bother to turn back to bring his car.

He'll just run with his legs.

Nana was crying terribly while she was driving, and not even bothering to peek on the rear mirror to see someone was running after her. Her mind was messed-up that she didn't even care whether she drove carefully or not.

She saw the green light blinked as it's about to change into red light. Nana didn't stop her car nor did she slow down her car. Instead she stepped on the gas even harder. A big vehicle came from the left and crashed into her car when her car was crossing the road.

Her eyes widen and she hit her head on the steering when her car flew off the road and crashed onto the ground, rolling a few times before stopping in vertical way. Nana could not feel anything, her whole body was numb. It hurt so much when she tried to pick herself up and got her out from the car before she was too late.

The big vehicle owner that had hit her car quickly  came out and helped her out, muttering something like hoping for her to be okay and not died yet.

She felt herself being pulled out from the crashed car and in deep air. But her lungs felt burn-out and it was hard to take a single breath.

"Agasshi, are you okay?"

She could barely hear it, she was slowly losing her consciousness and then everything out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun knew well the moment he stepped into the hospital, he knew he would regret being born. He was feeling guilty for not able to run as fast as possible before. He had stopped running the moment she turned left and he wasn't able to catch up. He felt so angry with himself that he wanted to kill himself. He was still in the middle of blaming himself when the doctor came out from the emergency room.

Sehun quickly went to the doctor.

"Is there any family of the patient?" The doctor questioned.

Sehun answered, "I'm her husband."

The doctor's face turned sorry and Sehun saw pitying flashed in the doctor's eyes.

"What happened?" He asked, his heart was jumping with every second passed.

"We had saved her and she's fine now." The doctor started as Sehun let a relief sighed. "But the problem is that she might be having amnesia."

Sehun stared at the doctor blankly. "I....I'm sorry?"

"We think that she might have hit her head when her car crashed. And part of her memory loss." The doctor continued, "The chance of the memories coming back is fifty-fifty. It depends on whether she wanted to remember them back or not."

"You mean?"

"She could either gain the memory back based on her wish. The loss memory is predicted between a year or more."

Sehun felt his heart drop. He met Nana last year. If that's so, it meant that she might be forgetting about him. The thought made him sick. He looked at the doctor as he asked, "She could remember back?"

"Yes." The doctor replied. "But I have to warn, every time a flashback came, her head might hurt. That happens in the process of recalling. Now, follow me to my office and I'll give you the medicine."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun trudged back to Nana's private room slowly as he looked straight lifelessly. He had never felt this devastated before. He couldn't believe the fact that Nana would forget about, about them. He was determined to make her remember, to make her love him again.

He would repeat it anytime. But the fact that she has to go through a painful process to just remember again made him hesitated. He would never, ever, allow her to hurt herself. And if to remember him would do it, then it's better if she doesn't remember.

He would just make her fall for him again, and it won't be hard, right? She was in love with him and from what he heard from Su Ah, Nana loves him a lot.

Pushing the door open, Sehun saw her and his parents were all there inside. Nana's and his mother were peeling fruits while the fathers looked to the garden outside. Everyone was in deep thoughts, they didn't exactly know what had happened and decided to just wait him to open up willingly.

"Sorry." 

Was all he could say. 

Trembingly, Sehun's mom mouth parted. "What happened?"

Yes, they had decided to wait for him say what happened by himself, but apparently that one single word had staggered the curiousity inside her. And anxiety. Finally, Sehun told them what happened while occasionally taking a deep breath, preventing himself from breaking down in front of their parents.

"I am going to find Hani right now!" Sehun's mother barked as she stood up and passed by Sehun, not caring when her husband shouting after her name. "She had crossed the line!"

The room fell into a silence when there's only Sehun and Nana's parents.

Being a sensible man who loves his daughter a lot, Mr. Im nudged his wife to leave the room for a while. After Mrs. Im left, Sehun carefully glanced at Mr. Im. Mr. Im was staring at his pale face daughter.

A bolt of guiltiness him. What if he was the one right there, at Mr. Im's place? Would he could even be that calm?

No. The answer is no. He would likely punch anyone who does that to his daughter.

So Sehun closed his eyes, waiting for the non-existent punch.

"Tell me Sehun, do you love Nana?" 

Mr. Im's voice echoed in the room and slowly Sehun opened his eyes.

Realizing that Mr. Im had just asked him something, he quickly replied, "Of course."

"I know the two of you had been forced into this marriage and honestly, I do hope my daughter could be loved by you. And when I heard of the two of you having a blissful marriage, I couldn't help but felt very elated and happy for her. She's a precious daughter that I loved very much." Mr. Im took a deep breath. "And I'm relieved that I've given her to you. I know you had done everything for her and you love her, and I'm thankful for that." After a long pause, he spoke, "If I give you one last chance to fix this broken line you had damaged (a.k.a amnesia), are you going to use it carefully?"

An immediate reply came from Sehun without one second hesitation. "I'm going to put all my heart in that one last chance."

A saatisfied smile spread across Mr. Im's face. "Good."

Then Mr. Im started to walk out from the room, knowing that Sehun needed some private space with Nana.

"Don't break this."

He murmured, closing the door behind him.