A Little Closer

Love Comes In Their Own Beautiful Way

All My Love Is For You - Girls' Generation

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was Sunday and Nana chose to work at home since the weather wasn't that great. Sehun has gone to somewhere since early in the morning, leaving Nana all alone. Not that she hates it, just a bit lonely.

 

As soon as she done taking a fresh bath, she made herself an American breakfast containing bread, jams, orange juice, milk and cereal.

 

“Yummy!” She exclaimed as she munched the bread with strawberry jam. She gulped down the fresh milk as soon as she swallowed the whole bread.

 

“You’ll get digestion if you keep eating like that.” A voice said, creeping Nana as she jumped in surprise.

 

She choked on her food and automatically punching her own chest.

 

He stared at her in disbelief. “I take that back. You’ll die is you keep eating like that.”

 

She shot daggers at him then examining his outfit. T-shirt and training pants. “Where were you?”

 

“Jogging.” He stated the obvious.

 

“Do you want some?” She asked, letting him to see the table full of food.

 

He eyed the food then replied, “Sure.”

 

“Don't worry. I do not make any of this, so I can assure you that none of this is poisoned.”

 

“Good, then.” He said. “I’ll take a bath first.”

 

Nana nodded as she started preparing another plate for Sehun. By the time he has done, she has done too.

 

They ate together without talking. Nana, who has already eaten her fifth bread, decided to start a conversation. “Do you go to work today?”

 

He shook his head. “No.”

 

“So, you're going to be at home today?” She asked with wide eyes.

 

“Yes. The news said that today will rain hard.” He simply excused.

 

“Oh.” She said, gulping down the milk.

 

He stared at her before asking, “Have you ever felt full?”

 

She looked at him. “Yes, of course.”

 

“Thought you never.” He murmured, slicing his bread.

 

“You know, there is only me in this house, so why don’t you just take the bread and use your hand to eat?” She asked kindly.

 

“I’m not used to that.” He replied.

 

She huffed and decided to forget she even bother to ask.

 

 

Nana was working in her room when Sehun knocked.

 

“It’s already lunch. Do you want to eat something?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, sure. What do we have?” She asked, closing her laptop as she went out from her room.

 

The two stared blankly at the refrigerator. Nothing was inside. Except some juices and milk.

 

“Do you want to just…uh….order?” She asked him, scratching her head.

 

“Why don’t we have food?” He asked nobody.

 

“We rarely really at home even at Sunday.” She replied.

 

He silently agreed. Both of them are a very busy person, and no times for house stuffs.

 

“What do you want to eat?” He asked.

 

“I want to eat noodles, what do you think?”

 

“Jjangmyun!” He said excitedly.

 

Nana blinked before chuckled. She never sees this side of Sehun.

 

Sehun embarrassed and quickly looked away. “Go order, now.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, okay.” She said and got the phone.

 

After ordering, the two waited hungrily at the living room, sitting on the sofa while curling into a ball.

 

“Why is the deliver taking so longggg?” Sehun grumped.

 

“It’s only been five minutes, Sehun.” Nana said.

 

“Exactly!” He huffed.

 

“Let’s just watch some movies, shall we?”

 

“Why not.” He said, watching his wife walked to a drawer beside the television and took out a DVD.  “What are we going to watch?”

 

“You’ll find out.” She said mischievously.

 

For about ten minutes Sehun was staring at the television blankly. “Who’s that guy? Who’s that girl? What’s with the house?”

 

Nana grumpily replied, “The man is an architecture, and the woman is his first love who came back to ask him to rebuild her old house. She was no longer married, but she had.”

 

“What movie is this?”

 

“Architecture 101.” She replied. “There’s an idol named Suzy who played in this movie. She’s going to be the young character of the female.”

 

“So you mean it’s going to be back from old people and young people? What’s the good thing about the movie?”

 

“Hey, hey, this movie is very romantic.” She replied. “I cried the last time I watched it.”

 

Truth to be told, Nana cried at the very last scene because Han Ga-In and Uhm Tae-Woong didn't end up together.

 

Sehun watched Nana as her expression went soft and angry, from kind to no mercy, and happy and sad. He somehow loved every expression she did, because for him, those were beautiful.

 

He even forgot to open the door for the deliver but luckily he did, or the two of them could just starve for the day. He patiently waited for the movie to end before telling her that the food had arrived for at least half-an-hour.

 

“Ekh, why didn't you tell me?”

 

“I don’t want to interrupt you watching your movie.” He replied, opening the plastic lid from the plate.

 

Nana looked at the food happily and took the chopsticks to mix the black bean sauce and the noodles. The noodles were sticky since they let it too long before mixing them, but nevertheless the two was happy enough to eat it.

“Sehun-ah.” Nana started. “What do you think of me?”

 

Sehun coughed, shocked. “What do you mean?”

 

“We live together, so I want to know what you think of me.” She said lightly.

 

Sehun felt a lump on his throat. How he reply this kind of question? He could have just been sarcastic and mean, but his heart didn't agree so. This kind of times was when he hated the most. It was confusing him, which to follow; the heart or the brain?

 

And his brain won the battle.

 

“I never think of you.” He lied.

 

She crouched her face as she glared at him. She rolled her eyes and continued to eat her black bean noodles, finding it's the only way to prevent her choking him to death.

 

Sehun noticed the change, but decided to just let it that way. He’s not good in comforting angry woman, anyhow.

 

 

Nana tapped her shoulder lightly, feeling it tired. She was working after eating with Sehun. He worked in his room. Nana glanced at the clock on her table.

 

7.30

 

She thought for a while before stretching her arms out. She closed her laptop and went to the bathroom. After a short bath, she wore a long-sleeves sweater and short pants.

 

She went to Sehun’s room and knocked a few times. “Do you want to eat?”

 

No answer.

 

She knocked a few more times.

 

Still no answer.

 

Frustrated, Nana bravely turned the knob and looked around. She found him sleeping on the bed, eyes closed. Unknown to her brain, her feet took step forwards.

 

She gazed at his sleeping face. He looked so innocent in his sleep, without saying anything sharp and hurting. “You are handsome, if you notice that.” She mumbled. “If you could just stop criticizing people.”

 

For the whole fifteen minutes she stared at him deeply. But for all the living nature, it’s like a decade in heaven.

 

“I know I’m good-looking.” His lips moved as it twitched upwards.

 

Nana looked flabbergasted as her lips parted apart. “W-what? Psh. You wish.”

 

“Yeah, you wish.” He teased. He sat up, stretching his arms. “What time is it?”

 

“Seven to eight.” She replied him. “Do you want to eat something? I’ll order.”

 

“Pizza.” He replied. “I want to eat it suddenly.”

 

“Maybe I have given you my junk-food loving disease.” She said to him. “Anyway, take a bath. I’ll go call the restaurant now.”

 

Sehun went to take a bath while she went to downstairs to make the call.

 

They ate the pizza delightfully while watching a Thailand movie called ‘A Crazy Little Thing Called Love’.

 

“You really like romantics, aren’t you?” Sehun asked while munching the third piece of the pizza.

 

“Why? Nothing is wrong, right? I’m a girl and supposed to like this stuff. In anyways, Mario Maurer is very handsome and I’m not going to say otherwise. And it’s a fact that he makes a good movie.”

 

Sehun felt a bit jealousy towards the so-called Mario Maurer. “Who is him?”

 

“That guy you’re looking at.” Nana pointed the television, showing a male student called ‘Shone’.

 

*That one? psh. I’m a lot better.* He thought while rolling his eyes. He munched loudly when the part where Nam was receiving the plant from Shone for Valentine.

 

Nana sniffed when Shone said to Nam, “It’s from a friend of mine.” leaving Nam sad.

 

“Why are you sniffling? Nothing is wrong with that part!” Sehun asked worriedly. Girls sure are weird living creatures.

 

“It’s saaaaaaaaaaadddddd.” She said. “The plant was raised by Shone himself and he told her that it’s not from him! Huhuhu, it’s saddddddddd!” Nana wailed.

 

Sehun pinched his nose. Calming a wailing woman is very hard as far as he know. “Hey, hey, stop it and eat your food.”

 

Nana stopped her dramatic action and took her fourth piece of pizza. They bought a large one, and so each person got four pieces.

 

While watching the movie, Sehun kept gazing at Nana. He didn’t realize that, of course, but his eyes never left her as she kept that gaze of her. The gaze of focusing. She wouldn’t even know if earthquake swayed the whole town if the movie is played or when she is eating.

 

Nana drank the cola through the pipette, and Sehun noticed how cute her lips were when she moved her lips to the cola. He gulped, realizing how his heart racing just by the small actions she did.

 

*Damn.* He thought, drinking his own cola in rough action.

 

She raised an eyebrow. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah.” He replied too quickly.

 

She didn’t say anything and cleaned up the table. “I’m going to continue my work.” Nana told him.

 

He nodded, gulping down a glass of water.

 

After done washing and cleaning, Nana went to her room and finished her work.

 

She passed by Sehun’s room as she went to get a cup of milk to refresh her mind. The door wasn’t closed completely and Nana’s feet silently tiptoed to look inside from the gap.

 

Sehun was sleeping on the chair, snuggling in his arms in front of his laptop.  After a whole five minutes battling with her mind, she decided to get inside the room and put a blanket on him.

 

“You’ll catch a cold.” She mumbled, carefully wrapping him in a blanket. After staring at his face for long, she walked out from the room with light heart. It felt so good seeing someone that innocent. “Sleep tight, Sehun.”