Baby is Coming to Town!(Part 2)

My Brother's Fiancée
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 62

Baby is Coming to Town!(Part 2)

 

Dara drew in a deep breath. This was it. When it came down to pushing, it was the real deal.

“Okay, Dara, if you’re ready,” In Na said. She nodded, and using her hands, she pushed herself up in the bed.

In Na then motioned at Seunghyun. “If you’ll take one of her legs and,” she paused to look between Cheondung and Sooyoung. Immediately Cheondung shook his head.

 “Like I said, I’ll be back here in the corner.”

Sooyoung laughed. “I would love to help.”

Seunghyun took Dara’s left leg while Sooyoung took her right. “Okay, Dara, breathe normally, grab the backs of your legs, and push down while we count,” Dr. Yoon instructed.

Dara in a deep breath and then started pushing as hard as she could. She barely heard Dr. Yoon and In Na counting to ten. “Good. Stop.” Dara had just caught her breath when Dr.Yoon said, “Okay, again.”

Pinching her eyes shut in concentration, she went through three more exhausting rounds when

In Na exclaimed, “ He’s crowned.”

 “Okay, now another big push.” When In Na got to ten and Dara started to relax, Dr. Yoon shook her head. “Keep going, keep going.” Just when Dara thought she couldn’t go anymore, Dr. Yoon said, “Okay, stop.”

Dara’s head fell back against the pillow from the exertion. She didn’t know if she had any strength left within her to push again. Closing her eyes, she drew in a few deep breaths to try to dispel the exhaustion.

“Just one more big push, Dara,” Dr.Yoon said.

Gripping her hands tight into the backs of her thighs, she put everything she had left and then some into the push. Dr. Yoon’s voice echoed over the loud groan emitting from Dara’s lips.

“And here he is!” she exclaimed, holding a wailing and bloody Ming Joon up for both Dara and Seunghyun to see. The world around Dara shuddered to a stop, and all she could focus on was Ming Joon’s strong cries. It was as if every body hummed and buzzed with the new life in front of her. Ming Joon—flesh of her flesh and bone of her bone—was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen or heard for that matter.

Tears stung her wide eyes.

“My, my, he’s still a big boy for being three weeks early,” Dr. Yoon remarked with a smile.

Unable to speak, Dara reached out her arms for Ming Joon, desperate to hold him. He wouldn’t feel real until she could put her hands on him. “Hang on, Mommy. Let’s get him cleaned up a bit,” In Na said.

A towel was placed on Dara’s belly, and then Ming Joon was laid in it. He continued to scream as In Na toweled him off. Once he was cleaner, she wrapped him in a blanket. An eternity seemed to pass before she handed Ming Joon Dara’s waiting arms.

After kissing the crown of his head, Dara gathered him against her chest. His wailing immediately ceased. His eyes, once pinched shut in anger, popped open, and he stared up at her. The moment their eyes met, Dara’s heart stilled and then restarted. Her emotions spiraled out of control, and she wasn’t sure if she could keep them in check. “Hey my little angel. I’ve been waiting for you for so, so long,” she murmured.

When Seunghyun leaned over the side of the bed to rub his thumb over Ming joon’s cheek, Ming Joon kept his gaze on Dara. “Looks like he only has eyes for you,” Seunghyun mused.

She didn’t bother wiping the tears streaming down her cheeks. Glancing up at Seunghyun, she asked, “He’s beautiful, isn’t he?”

Seunghyun smiled. “He’s the most amazing and beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life,” he replied, his voice choking off with emotion.

“Daddy, are you ready to cut the cord?” Dr. Yoon asked passing Seunghyun a pair of surgical scissors.

Dara watched with amusement as Seunghyun’s shaky hands took them from her. “Um…where should I…?”

In Na motioned to an area, and Seunghyun hesitantly cut Ming Joon from Dara. “Good job.”

“Okay, Mommy, I hate to take him away, but we need to weigh him and get his PKU done. Then you can have him back for awhile.”

After kissing each of his cheeks and his tiny button nose, Dara reluctantly handed Ming Joon to In Na. Craning her neck, she watched as they set him down

Please log in to read the full chapter