Chapter 60

My Brother's Fiancée
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 60

 

 

 

Soooyoung

I woke up the next morning not immediately recognizing my surroundings. When I felt the silk comforter brush against my body in a caress, I remembered.

Cheondung.

Rolling over, I didn’t feel Cheondung or his warmth. Maybe I’d dreamt everything from last night. My eyes flew open as my stomach twisted. Flames were going strong in the fireplace and tucked under the covers, I was pretty toasty.

I was also very much alone on the bed.

My heart sank faster. I squeezed my eyes shut. The likelihood of last night being a dream was highly unlikely, because I was under the blankets, which meant Cheondung had probably woken up this morning and been close to chewing his arm off to get away.

He regretted it.

I knew it.

Regretted what we’d done, and that was our first night.

“You can stop pretending to be asleep,” Cheondung’s deep voice drifted over to me. Amusement colored his tone. “I know you’re awake.”

I pried an eye open. “I’m not pretending.”

“Uh huh.”

Fighting the urge to pull the blanket over my head and pretend I wasn’t here, I took a deep breath and rolled onto my back. Cheondung was standing at the doorstep, holding a cup in his hands.

One side of his lips tipped up. “I know how you need your caffeine, so I make one. Got some sugar for you, too.”

I sat up, holding the blanket to my chest. Our eyes met and I felt my breath stall. They were so dark, nearly black. I couldn’t gain a of anything from his expression. I searched my brain for something to say. “you woke up early? I didn’t notice you went out of bed.”

His smile spread, revealing those eye smile of him that always got to me . As he walk toward me. “You sound so surprised.”

I was just afraid that he regret it last night that’s why he woke up early. Casting my gaze down, I didn’t know what to do or how to act. What we had done last night had only ever existed in my fantasies and never in my reality. I couldn’t reconcile the two.

“Baby?”

Forcing my gaze up, heat swept across my cheeks. I scooted over the bed of blankets and reached for the cup.

“Thank you.”

His brows rose as he pulled the cup back. “No. Not yet.”

Cocking my head to the side, I frowned. “Why?”

“You’ll see.” Placing the coffee down on the night stand, he stood and came to the edge of the bed. He sat next to me. Slowly, as if he was afraid he’d startle me, he cupped my cheek in his palm.

“Good morning.”

Lost in the simple feel of his hand on my cheek, I stared at him a moment. “Good morning?”

He leaned in, pressing his forehead against mine. “I think we can do better than that.”

My heart tripped up. His closeness was a good sign, right? I tried not to wonder if I had morning breath as I swallowed. “We can?”

He nodded and his nose brushed over mine. My grip on the blanket tightened as my stomach hollowed.

“Very easily,” he said. “Want to see?”

“Yes.” That word came out as a whisper.

Tilting his head to the side, he kissed one corner of my lips, and then the other. A tremble coursed through me as his thumb smoothed over my cheekbone, and then he deepened the pressure on my lips, kissing me for real.

“How about that?” he asked, dropping another kiss on my lips, a quick one. “Was that a better good morning?”

No longer able to speak, I nodded.

Cheondung chuckled as he leaned back and picked up the cup. Handing it over, he settled down beside me where I’d turned into girlie mush in a split second.

The first gulp of coffee went a long way toward finding the ability to speak. “How long have you been awake?”

One shoulder shrugged. “A couple of hours. I need to call someone, so l wake up early.”

I took another sip. Instant coffee wasn’t bad. “and you didn’t even wake me up?”

“Yep. Well I didn’t want to wake you up it was still so early and by the way, you were talking a little in your sleep.”

“My mouth dropped open. “Oh no. Was I? What did I say? Oh, my—”

“I was just joking.” Laughing, he glanced at me sideways. “You didn’t talk in your sleep, but by your reaction, I’m wishing you had.”

I narrowed my eyes. “That was mean.”

He grinned. “Did you sleep well?”

“I think that was my best sleep since I got here.” I blushed again, realizing what it sounded like, and I hastily dipped my head, letting my hair shield my burning face.

Cheondung was silent for a moment. “Same here. Best sleep I’ve had in years.”

“Really?” I dared a quick peek at him. I don’t know why that seemed so important, but it was.

He was staring straight ahead. “I’ve never slept with a girl before.”

My brows rose. “Come again?”

His lips twisted into a wry grin. “I never slept with a girl before. You’re actually the only girl I’ve ever shared a bed with overnight.”

A rush of giddiness swept through me, and I hid my smile by taking another sip and I almost jumped up and did a happy jig . “Not once?”

He shook his head as he twisted toward me. “I never wanted to.”

Our eyes met again, and I wouldn’t have been able to look away .“Never?”

Leaning back, he planted a hand behind me. “Never,” he said, his voice low. Tipping his head down, he pressed a kiss against my bare shoulder, and then rested his chin there.

I was afraid I was going to spill the coffee everywhere. He didn’t regret last night. That much was obvious. Relief was like a sweet drug clawing at me, but I still didn’t know how to act, and I was petrified of saying the wrong thing.

Luckily, Cheondung had way more experience than me at all of this. “Noona called me, she said they were going to extend honeymoon for one more week. I think they’re enjoying staying over there.”

I laughed.  “Yeah, for sure they are”

“And I make a call to  Yoochun hyung, he said your protection order is now ready.” he replied.

“What? How---”

His eyes glimmered. “ Don’t ask I just did it.”

“So it means that Kikwang cannot come near to me anymore.”

“Yep but that doesn’t mean  your safe now, I’m still watching you like a hawk.”

I finished off the coffee, and Cheondung took the cup from me. Gathering the blanket around me, I mumbled something about the bathroom, and he told me to use his. I shuffled out of the bed, hitching the blanket close as I hit the chilly temps in the rest of the house. Probably would’ve been smart to pick up my clothes—wherever they were—so I could change, but I rushed to the bathroom, my bare feet slapping against the cold wood floors.

I discovered that Cheondung had gathered up some personal items and placed them in the bathroom so I wouldn’t have to go my room. Due to the thoughtful gesture, I smiled as I went through my morning routine.

Butterflies were fluttering around, bouncing off my insides as I left the bathroom. My cheeks were warm in spite of the cold.  When I returned to the room, Cheondunghad I stopped just inside the room, my heart in my throat, or maybe in my mouth at this point.

He glanced up and grinned. “This is the best I can do for breakfast.”

“It’s perfect.” My words sounded thick and I realized I was close to tears. The good kind, but really, bawling like a baby wouldn’t be attractive. Ducking my head, I went over to the side and sat on an unoccupied pillow, keeping the blanket close.

“Looks like chips and raw vegetables for lunch and dinner,” he said, sliding another cup of fresh coffee my way. “We’re eating healthy today.”

I laughed. “Like I eat differently any other day.”

He scoffed. “You’re such a red meat kind of girl. Don’t lie.”

That part was true. “Thank you for putting this together.”

“My pleasure.” He elbowed me gently. “Eat up. I have a big day planned for you.”

My brows rose. “You do? Planning on getting me outside on a date?”

“No.” Picking up an apple, he leaned back in an arrogant sprawl. “Doesn’t involve the outside, but it does center around some physical activity.”

Heat zinged through my blood. “Really?”

He regarded me with a wicked glint. “Look around the room, Soo. There’s something you’re missing.”

Scanning the room, it took me a couple of moments to catch on. “My clothes? Where are my clothes?”

His answering grin was pure sin. “You’re not going to need any clothes today, baby.”

 

Oh.My.God.

******

THREE  DAYS LATER…

It’s three days I didn’t hear anything about Kikwang or saw him, he also stop texting on me, I’m glad to that may be the restraining really works for him. and I hear that Joon hyung warned him to get away fro me.  I’m still staying at Cheondung house, i like having him around and I enjoy spending time with him. Cheondung was already been a apart of me now, the quiet moment we settling and made me feel like I was building a foundation to something great and the passionate moment, the moments where he looked at me like I was the most percious thing on earth were enough for to know that he’s the man I been waiting for for my whole life. the man that well loved me more than himself, the man that well never give up on me the man that always had my back. everytime I’m around with him I feel safe, protected and secured. I’m deeply falling into him, I don’t if I can live without him  life, he would be may be the last person I will loved for the rest of my life.

His my epic loved and my greatest loved.

 In Two days,  our agency is celebrating our 6th annual ball and I’m very excited about this ball this my favorite event of the year. I got to see a lot of fashion designer, photographers and models and it is an epic event like every single year is epic. I’m with Yuri, she asked me if could come with her  and help her for her outfit for tomorrow’s ball. After hours at last we finally saw the perfect dress for her.

“Did you tell Cheondung where you are?” she asked me as dig on her purse looking for her phone.

“Yeah, he said it’s okay as long as I with  you. So what movie are we watching?”

she sighed as she finally find her phone. “Do you worry, you’ll gonna love it”

“Yeah? okay, go get out ticket and I grab some popcorn and drinks for us.”

Yuri nodded, “Okay, ” she said turning away and walk to the ticking booth. then I made my way to the food section.

“welcome, can I take yout order? ” the red headed lady on the counter ask me wearing a welcome smile on her face.

“Yeah, uhm can I have some two regular popcorn with cheese and  two large cokes.” I pulled ten dollars and put it on the counter.

“Okay” she enters the order,  slides the money off the counter and returns to the orders windows.

I rest my hips against the counter and cross my arms as I wait for my order. My gaze settle on the man sitting on the table, he wearing a blue t-shirt under his jacket and a cap. I can’t see his face clearly but when  he lifeted his head and look up in my direction. My heart speed up, and for some reason I have a feeling that it’s him, it’s Kikwang but I’m not the sure because I can’t clearly see his face.

“Two cheese popcorn and two large cokes.” say the lady behind the counter. I snatches the order and spins on my heels to toward Yuri. My heart still not settling down and I’m starting to panic.

“Are you okay?” Yuri asked me.

“Yeah,” I breath out.

“I have our tickets, let’s go inside the movie will start any minute.”

“Okay,” I follow her, tasting the relief. We seated right in middle because Yuri hates to sits in front or even at the back. I have no idea what we watching but in fairness she was right the movie was great I was pretty sure that I really enjoy it by the we left.

“Why are you keep looking on your phone?” I asked Yuri because this was the 10th times she looked at it.

“Nothing. Just G.O oppa.”

“Oh, that he always like that?”

“Yeah, it’s like he’s freaking out when I’m not texting him back.” She grinned at me.

Please log in to read the full chapter