Callousness

Maestro

Hara woke up to find herself in her room at night…too late at night…at least at 2:00 am. She looked around the dark room then realized her clothes were changed.

 

‘Oh Minyoung, I am so sorry, I always cause trouble for you.’

Even though she could not sleep anymore, she yet lies down on the bed. The images of Jaejoong started filling her head. She still could not understand what he had gestured to her, but she understood enough that whatever Yoochun said, he wanted her to accept it. Speaking of which-what did Yoochun say?

 

‘Oh ! He…he proposed to me…Yoochun proposed to me…oh god…is that what Jaejoong wants me to…’

She still might have to explain to her friends, especially Minyoung.

She felt somewhat humiliated, she knew Jaejoong had heard her that means he knew how Yoochun felt and when he heard what she said he must have been shocked so he could not answer. Though she still did not understand one thing, did he like her or not?

 

‘If Jaejoong does…then I will kill him.’

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Friday morning at 10, Jaejoong and Junsu were both having class with Mrs. Yvonne. Jaejoong really wanted this class to finish and see the others. By others meaning Yoochun and Hara. He looked at Junsu who was listening to the teacher with a clam face that made Jaejoong smile a bit. Jaejoong did want Junsu to make a friend so he would forget the past and so they would not have to leave. Ultimately, they did not have to but Jaejoong thought himself to be in deep now.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yoochun kept listening to professor Emon as Hara kept wondering of him. She wondered of the fact that Yoochun was not bringing up the matter he brought up yesterday. In fact, he did not even give a mere hint of his proposal.

 

‘He’s so sweet and sensitive about this matter…I can’t even bring myself to break his heart…but I can’t even lie to him. No, my rights are much prioritized and I will be honest but so should he.’

She could not say anything to either Ga-in or Minyoung even in the morning. At least she thought she could. She decided to tell the entire matter right after an important task.

She thought she had to find Jaejoong’s real feelings first then she would decide what she should do. Right now at the moment, she thought it would be best to pay attention to the class.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Ga-in was wiping her flute with a cloth, during which the thought of Hara came into her mind. She had to wonder whether any there was any process with Jaejoong and Hara. She could not even ask her whether they were girlfriend and boyfriend.

 

‘Of course Jaejoong accepted. Who has the crazy mind to reject her?’ Although Ga-in did admit Jaejoong was much more beautiful than Hara. According to her, Hara was doll beauty while Jaejoong is angel beauty. She will ask of them when she sees her.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Minyoung knew what would become of her if Hara sees her in conscious state. She might blame her for not helping with Jaejoong, for backing out when Hara needed her. However, she really did not want to be a part of this love game. Yes, she thought of love as a game. A game to death or permanent lunatics-a theory she had discovered right after she met Ga-in.

She knew what troubles lay before Hara and that she should help her...but it’s her own problem to deal with which she should solve herself-this time only-or else she would have done anything for her. If she interrupts in this one either Jaejoong or Yoochun, would blame her or ask for her support ultimately earning more blame from Hara or any of the two boys-whomever she would not support.

Good thing her class finishes late than the others.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3:00 clock in the afternoon and almost everyone’s class had finished. Jaejoong and Junsu were walking ahead looking for Yoochun and Hara. When they caught sight of them, Junsu quickly called them raising his hands in the corridor. Yoochun responded and went near them along with Hara who seemed a bit quiet.

 

“Where’s Ga-in?”   Yoochun asked seeing everyone here. He then also thought of adding Minyoung but he just does not LIKE her.

 

“She’ll be... oh here she is.”   Hara said.

 

“Hey people...what are you all doing here waiting?”   She looked at everyone.

 

“Beats me...”   Junsu muttered.

 

“Never mind, where is Minyoung?”   Jaejoong asked.

 

“Oh you don’t know? She always has another class ahead of us.”   Hara answered to that thinking why he even would ask of her but still happy to provide him with an answer.

Jaejoong did not respond further and looked away. Ga-in noticed Jaejoong with that gaunt expression; she lightly looked at Hara who gaped at Jaejoong with a humiliated look on her face. She saw something had been going on between them, not that she minded but she was not going to allow anyone to behave that way with Hara.

 

“Maybe we shouldn’t wait and just go.”   Yoochun seriously wanted to get out of the building that would mean to get more away from her.

 

“Uhh you guys go ahead; I’ll just drop by the restroom. Hara, could you accompany me?”   She asked.

 

“Sure...”   they both went ahead leaving the boys alone.

 

“Why do girls always go to the bathroom together? It’s like they help each other or something.”   Junsu remarked.

 

“Why do you always think about girls and their habits?”   Yoochun asked. Jaejoong snickered thinking these two always entertains him.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“What’s going on?”   Ga-in asked once she got her alone.

 

“What are you talking about?”   Hara asked back

 

“I know something’s wrong between you and Jaejoong. Are you not supposed to propose to him? Did he reject you or something?”   She asked further. Hara figured she had to tell Ga-in everything or else she will not get out of the restroom in one piece.

 

“Ga-in...Even I do not what is wrong with Jaejoong. I swear I do not and I am trying to figure out and when I do...I will tell you in detail. Please just let me handle here.”   She pleaded. Ga-in nodded letting Hara go at last but she realised Hara will need their help at last.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Minyoung’s class with Shank land had just finished and when she headed out to her next class with professor Masum-which is supposed to start at 3:15-she noticed all of them together talking. She carefully observed Jaejoong and Hara and with the fact that Jaejoong was not even looking at her. Then she saw Ga-in and Hara heading to the restroom. She understood that Ga-in had figured out, her face showed that and only Minyoung could tell.

 

‘Oh dear Piper had found the whole thing I suppose.’

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Should we give you ladies a lift home?”   Yoochun chivalrously asked Ga-in and Hara with a hint of teasing. Ga-in raised an eyebrow at him and lightly shook her head at disappointment.

 

“Seriously Yoochun? This is so lame of you...” she remarked causing Junsu and Jaejoong to laugh. Hara tried best not to laugh but she could not hold it in. She had to laugh aloud. Yoochun looked at her laughing openly not caring how she laughed.

 

“You look more beautiful when you laugh.”   Yoochun quickly pressed his mouth regretting what he just said and above that aloud.

Ga-in and Junsu specially gaped at him for saying that in front of them. Yoochun terribly blushed and looked in front. Hara closed , which became open while he said those; she looked at Jaejoong who lightly looked away. She felt so pathetic before him. If he does not love her he should just say it, on the other hand perhaps she should ask him for his answer.

 

“Okay...we accept your ride soldier boy.”   Ga-in broke the silence getting into the minivan. Junsu took the front seat besides Yoochun while Jaejoong sat in the back leaving the middle seats for the women. Yoochun drove off in the women’s direction.

 

“What about Minyoung, how will she go home? Speaking of which where does she live?”   Jaejoong asked slightly worried about her. Hara lightly smiled thinking that he actually cares about her friends and does not think of them as menace.

 

*Why is he so worried about Daemul?*   Yoochun thought while his hands on the steering.

 

“Don’t worry about our big man Chibi boy. She is tougher than she looks.”   Ga-in answered.

 

~Did she just call me chibi boy? Do I look like one? ~  He actually started wondering about it. Hara lightly smiled thinking he had not said anything to Ga-in at all.

 

*Of course, she is tougher, which is why I bet she gets no people*    Not that she needed one.

Junsu on the other hand was surprised that his Hyung was comfortable with Ga-in calling him names, they were not bad though just too cute for men.

 

‘These girls are really changing us.’

 

By the time they arrived at their place, it was almost five. They got down and bid them byes. Hara bid farewell to everyone and they all responded...besides Jaejoong.

 

‘That’s it.’   She thought.

 

“Bye Hara, see you tomorrow.”   Yoochun waved at her.

 

“Thank you Yoochun.” Hara went to Yoochun’s side of the van window. She stood up on her toe and...Surprising everyone kissed him on his cheek. Yoochun’s eyes went wide then slowly his cheeks shaded in skin red. Ga-in and Junsu looked at each other then looked at the couple like people. Hara lightly smiled at the blushing. Jaejoong looked away with a shattering and pained look on his face. His mouth slightly opened with his eyes filled.

 

“Bye Yoochun.”     She walked off grabbing Ga-in who couldn’t move at all.

While walking off Hara looked back at the van, noticed...Jaejoong looking at her, and tear rolling down his cheek and he quickly wiped it off without letting other notice.

 

‘I don’t understand you at all Jaejoong.’

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;

“What was that about Hara?”   Ga-in asked.

 

“What about Ga-in?”   She non-chillingly asked.

 

“Are you intending to play Yoochun?”   She asked.

 

“Oh god no! I am not intending to do anything bad I swear. I am just trying to find out his feelings.”

 

“Did Jaejoong reject you?”  

 

“That wouldn’t have been the problem either...but he didn’t do anything...he didn’t say anything instead he just left without answering and the next thing was Yoochun proposing to me.”   Hara said.

 

“What, Mickey proposed to you!”   Ga-in first time took Yoochun’s nickname. She nodded.

 

“Not just that, he gave me time to think about it but the shocking part was...Jaejoong was right behind him gesturing me to say yes.” That made Ga-in’s mouth wide a bit in disgust and shock.

 

“That is just...pathetic and ridiculous! So low of him god! If Minyoung finds out...”   her voice faded and looked at Hara.

 

“We can’t let her know. She’ll kill him...”   Hara finished for Ga-in.

 

“What about Jaejoong?”

 

“I’ll talk to him tomorrow before seeing Yoochun...that is if I get to see him first.”   Hara answered

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yoochun could almost jump off the roof in happiness; Junsu plainly looked at him thinking he had finally gone nuts while Jaejoong was thinking something else.

 

What is she trying to do? Is she playing with him? I cannot let her do that to him... I should talk to her tomorrow. ~

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Minyoung sat and read the notes very carefully while sipping her coffee when the phone rang. She got up and received it.

 

“Hello...oh yes mother how are you?”   She asked in plain English with a delinquent smile on her face.

 

“Yes mother...how is Stephan?...and father is he taking care of his health?....of course mother my studies are just fine...no mother I do not have time for such silliness...men are not trustworthy...as they say...yes mother....”   and she continued to speak with her step-mother whom she loved as much as her own mother.

Inside she was worried about Hara and the hard up comings.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::