Crawlling to your soul

Maestro

Jisu and Naidu-Pazu’s fanfare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jOorvVfa8

 

Alexander and Anna- arriety: 

 

Sungmin and another-fake wings:

 

Jaejoong, Pani and Changmin-than one monster: 

 

Junsu and two other-suzuka: 

 

Ga-in and Hara-lost friend: 

 

Yunho and Seulki-Drift mind: 

 

Yoochun and Minyoung-yeh haseen wadiyan: 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the required time went by and it was finally the time to submit their pieces. The theme was completed by some 50 participants or so and they would know their results would come out within 4 days or so and they would have to perform their pieces on stage in the hall.

The most notable of others’ pieces were the team of Jisu and Naidu, Alexander and Anna, Sungmin and another boy.

 

Jaejoong, Pani and Changmin went up and started their piece. Jaejoong conducted the whole piece as they followed. During the play Jaejoong recalled how things resolved between them. Pani had refused to talk to him as Changmin kept apologizing for his actions and this went on for a week until Jaejoong snapped and just confronted Changmin to reveal his feelings for her. Although the coward didn’t, Pani had forgiven him and had resolved. Jaejoong felt like smacking him for not saying anything and yet, this did not disrupt their teamwork.

 

This piece was mainly from his experience he had suffered during hiding his feelings. He used that as an example to run with nature as in he should have run with the nature by revealing all. But he tried to control all and ruin the natural course. He had now learned.

 

Hara listened to it carefully and felt something swelling inside her heart.

A trapped feeling.

Something of huge burden and she just wanted to run.

That’s how he used running with the nature…

Jaejoong wanted her to feel that-his burden and wish to leave all and leave all to its course of nature.

The claps were pleasant. They liked it and understood the tune and its meaning.

Jaejoong glanced at Hara who avoided looking at him.

She didn’t like the pressure; trapped in her chest.

Changmin, being happy and all, patted Pani’s head again; making her blush in the process.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ga-in blinked hearing the tune the guitar threw. Really light and calming. It was as if she was resting on the grass in the middle of the forest. And the violin added flavor to that feeling. Junsu seemed to enjoy it. No kidding when he said she was his inspiration. She made him feel that way-light, calm and happy. The tune was heavenly. The listeners had shut their eyes to enjoy it.

 

She had to admit that she was proud of him and herself.

Up until now she had learned from others; especially from her friends but never before had anyone admitted learning something valuable from her.

The enormous feeling of something unknown swelled inside her chest.

The cheer was unusual for Junsu which he received from the listeners. He looked at Ga-in who clapped loudly and her face showed how much she was proud of him.

He smiled lightly at her and was complimenting his partners at side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu and Jaejoong were curious to know what kind of music they could create-a happy one. Tragic one? Psychological one? Horror type? Or blood rushing type?

 

Hara pressed few keys starting a very light tone and after three repeats Ga-in blew on her flute creating a heavy tone. A violin would have made the composition amazing. Junsu knew what Ga-in was trying to portray-a feeling of all the good things yet trying to say something behind it.

His face lightened up. He crossed his hands on chest and leaned on the wall behind him.

 

“Wow…senior Ga-in is as awesome as always.”    His female extra complimented with a light face. All the females admired here so anything she would play would become music to their ears.

He was quite jealous yet couldn’t be more amazed by her.

 

Jaejoong saw that Hara was trying her best to hide the pressure yet; her tension was expressed through her piano. Jaejoong wanted to say, calm down and play. Wanted to hug her to reduce the pressure but…how could he?

 

Ga-in ended the piece with an excellent flow and Hara’s face showed nervousness.

He knew, she wants to win this but somehow this wasn’t the best from her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half of the participants played today and the rest would play tomorrow. Yoochun and Minyoung’s play was tomorrow. But instead of wishing good luck to their friends Mickey remained quiet and didn’t go to them. Daemul complimented all and they all thanked her.

 

“What is your piece like?”

Ga-in lightly asked not minding Junsu around her anymore.

 

“Yoochun did an excellent job on composition. I am just surprised he was able to do that being sick for the first week.”

Jaejoong and Junsu glanced at Mickey who avoided their glares. He hadn’t told them he was sick. They only thought he was staying at his place for 3 weeks just for them.

Minyoung visited every day for their practice.

 

“I can’t wait to hear yours tomorrow.”   Hara mumbled.

 

“Thanks. Well we should go. We still have to practice.”

 

“Bye, good luck.”

And they bid their farewells.

And their sights fell on each other. It was awkward to say anything at all until Junsu spoke up.

 

“Mind if I walk around with you Ga-in?”    Junsu only said that to ease the tension between Jaejoong and Hara. Ga-in nodded and walked out of there.

Not liking his presence, she intended to walk away when he stated.

 

“You were not your free self.”

That ticked her.

 

“Of course I can’t be overconfident like you.”

 

“Hara must you always throw such words at me? Conceited? Overconfident? Jerk?”

 

“You are that!”   She huffed out admitting to his statement.    “This competition means a lot to all except you. Of course you were confident enough to pose your play but it was all the team!”

 

“I didn’t say it was all me Hara.”

 

“Don’t talk to me. You caused me enough trouble.”

She scurried off leaving him sighing to himself. This was getting more and more annoying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Sorry I had to say that for hyung and Hara.”   Junsu mumbled making Ga-in giggle.

 

“I know. I could sense their dark aura.”

 

“You mean only Hara’s. Hyung is a wuss.”

 

“I admit.”    She did actually.

This was the perfect time…this was the moment they always wanted.

 

“Your composition was amazing.”    Ga-in complimented.

 

“Thank you. I wasn’t kidding when I said you were my inspiration.”

 

“I feel proud of myself of course.”

 

“Your piece said something to me.”

 

“What could it be?”   She was interested.

 

“Something like: ‘a friend I found in the forest’.

That sounded really right. A friend found in the forest and for that friend I run every day in the forest. To see that friend.

 

“Somehow you are correct. Nothing is more than a friend; not even a lover.”

He agreed. A friend is more important than a lover…friend is all apart from family. You can find a lover in a friend but never a friend in a lover.

She wanted him as a friend.

 

“I can be the friend you want and you need Ga-in.”    Junsu looked at her.

 

“You are my friend Junsu. I am happy for that.”

Then it was best not to say that he could be a lover too.

 

“Thank you Ga-in. I should go home.”

She nodded as he walked away to the other side of the campus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Few notable plays charmed the listeners and Mickey was biting his nails how he would do. Minyoung slapped his hands away for such a bad habit.

 

“Nasty habit; biting your nails.”

 

“But I’m nervous.”

 

“So am I and our piece had to fall at the end.”

 

“Wow…so we would have to wait that long.”    Junsu showed up behind with Jaejoong as Mickey looked away.

 

“Yeah guess so. I was looking for the girls.”    She mumbled.

 

“They will be coming soon.”    Junsu stated.

Every composition played on, had their, own feelings and something to attract the audience. She wondered how their piece could compete with the previous ones.

 

When their time came, Yoochun and Minyoung walked to the stage and she rested the chin on her violin. Then…the music started.

His powerful fingers played on very quickly and smoothly and her violin piece added to the strong piece.

The audience was immediately captured by the sharpness of the tune and the high pitch of the violin.

 

Yoochun made it that brilliantly.

Jaejoong and Junsu were awed by such change in his pattern.

Never before he used this kind of tuning in his music.

The piano said something to the violin really beautiful and it wasn’t all about happiness.

It was about what heaven should be like.

Also causing rush in their blood flow.

It was as if they all would be thrown off any minute.

 

“Wonderful…Minyoung and Mickey had really made it work.”    Ga-in mumbled.

 

“The two who never got along now are working together.”    Junsu added.

 

“Mickey used to think of her as a nag and now…this is just smooth.”    Hara stated.

 

“He isn’t the usual self anymore. His pattern has changed because of her.”   Jaejoong said.

When the piece ended; an immediate applause did not come.

They looked at each other being nervous.

Was their piece not good?

 

And then the loudest applause came.

Minyoung and Mickey were astounded by the reaction. The judges were struck themselves.

Although it does not mean they had already won.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“We heard many beautiful pieces and few good ones but only one is the best and the group will win the money and prestige. So out winner is…”

All crossed their fingers…Hara wanted to win, Ga-in wanted Junsu to win, Junsu wanted Ga-in to win, Jaejoong had gotten what he wanted-to make her feel what he had felt.

 

The piece which went most with our theme is…Jung Yunho and Seulgi playing banjo and cello!”

Shocking news for some and happy news for some. It was not shocking to few. Congratulating them; they were brought on stage and given the huge cheque. All clapped and cheered.

 

“Also we couldn’t avoid this piece too.”

This got all quiet. There were no seconds in this competition.

 

This piece was liked equally by the judges and audience but couldn’t beat the first place composition so to consider their beautiful and captivating piece; the judges have decided to provide certificates and $50,000. So this prize goes to…Minyoung and Yoochun.”

 

They were totally shocked but all cheered. Understanding finally, Mickey jumped and hugged Daemul suddenly. She was shocked both from the sudden announcement and his embrace.

Jaejoong and Junsu couldn’t help themselves but smile and Ga-in patted on daemul’s back and cleared so he would let go off her.

He realized he had hugged her and quickly pulled away; blushing a lot.

Hara laughed out finally seeing it.

 

They were brought on stage beside the winners and were presented with a small cheque and certificates.

 

Well done you two, you have done quite the job attracting the people with your piece.”

They bowed and the winners bowed to them too.

This was a hectic day.

 

Hara noticed Jaejoong’s female partner crying all of a sudden quietly while he was trying to console her. She tried overhearing what they were talking about.

 

“I’m so sorry…”

 

“Hey, we did our best. My music perhaps wasn’t enough.”

 

“But it’s the team who makes them a winner. I was only thinking of my own. I was just thinking of Senior Changmin teasing me all the time. I’m sorry.”

Jaejoong smiled.

 

“It’s okay. They deserved it more than we did. We will try and win next time.”

Then she saw another tall boy coming to them and bowing.

 

“Sorry for my behavior during these weeks. Perhaps it’s because of me we lost.”

 

“We did not lose. We merely didn’t win. They had something more than we did.”    Jaejoong tried reasoning but Pani went on crying. Feeling bad for her, he nudged Changmin to do something about it.

Hara felt her eyes tearing up feeling for the girl. She quickly wiped it away and saw the tall boy suddenly embracing the messy looking girl. Pani was shocked with the sudden contact. Jaejoong excused himself from there. Changmin whispered on her head.

 

“You don’t look good when you cry. And losing means we can try again.  I am happy that we didn’t win.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I can work with you again in the future.”    He smiled brightly making her blush.

Hara looked away.

She felt bad…

Pani and Changmin were happy just having to work together.

 

She felt selfish…and greedy. Minyoung and Mickey deserved it to have even the second place and that wasn’t even there in the first place. They managed to captivate the people so much that they were bound.

She wasn’t even talented as her.

 

A sudden smile appeared on her face.

 

She was happy that she didn’t win…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not saying much to others, Hara and Ga-in left for home. Jaejoong and Junsu looked at Mickey wanting him to come home. They missed him.

Yoochun finally agreed to come back to his brothers.

 

They split the money and each already donated half of their individual shares to the charity. The rest were put to their savings.

They didn’t want to celebrate on this right at the moment.

It was a shock to them so they wanted to let it down first.

 

So daemul was talking to her stepmother on the phone telling all about the sudden win. They were happy about it and Stefan was excited to hear that. He wished she would visit soon.

 

“Why don’t you visit me for once?”    She stated.

 

“We will…right after I finish class 4 here.”

 

“What? Give the phone to mother.”

 

Yeah what’s the matter?”   Her mother asked.

 

“You guys are returning permanently?”

 

“Yes…its time we return to our home country. We have decided.”

She didn’t know what to say. She thought they would live there forever and she would remain here visiting them often. She could never return to England after certain events.

 

“Thank you mother.”

 

“Darling…anything for you and ourselves.”   She added laughingly making her giggle.

 

“I love you guys.”

 

“We love you too. Well it’s late at your place. Go to sleep. We’ll talk soon. Bye.”

 

“Ok…bye.”

She looked at the watch; it was 11 at night. She hung up and was about to change into her nightdress when her cell beeped.

It was Mickey’s number.

 

“Yoochun?”

 

Hi.”

 

“Don’t hi me. What are you doing calling this late?”

 

“Don’t get too pissed. Just look outside.”

 

“What?”

 

“Look outside the window.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Don’t ask. Just do it.”

She walked to her window and looked down to see Yoochun standing there with his cell and waved at her.

 

“What the hell?”

She hung up and climbed downstairs with a scarf and opened the door to see his goofy face.

 

“Yoochun!”

 

“Hi.”   He still had the goofy smile.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Could you let me in first?”

 

“No. I am a woman living alone in a neighbour-hood and I will not let a lone man enter my house in the middle of the night. What would the neighbours think?”

 

“They are to asleep to even know. Besides I am hungry. You are coming with me.”

 

“Where?”

 

“To the winter rain carnival.”

 

“Where is that?”

 

“Just out of your area.”

 

“You are here just for that? We could have gone in the morning!”

 

“Nope, they’ll leave tomorrow.”

 

“I’m not going. Go home.”

 

“Then I am not going either.”

 

“Yoochun…”   she whined.

 

“Daemul…”   he mimicked her. Sighing, she gave up. 

 

“Alright.”  She took her coat, purse, keys and cell. Locking door behind her, she mumbled.   “You’re paying noob.”

 

“As usual…”    he shrugged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

She won over him in every game. Shooting, throwing, and picking teddies in the machine. The owners of the shop fainted one by one and Mickey kept sulking. Not one he could win anything for himself.

But he observed she had fun.

She was laughing loudly for the first time.

She found her joy in others misery…

 

He chuckled thinking it that way. He made her seem malicious.  Food was amazing and games were fun. Lights were colorful and bright. The others would have enjoyed here and that’s when she asked.

 

“Why did you bring the others? We all could have had fun?”

They were soaking their feet in the lake on the gangway.

 

“Nope, let them sulk in their own misery. They are all jerks pulling all in their problems.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“You shouldn’t know. It’ll burden you for no reason.”

 

“Yoochun knowing you know something, burdens me anyway. Tell me.”

 

“You’ve seen how they were acting for the past few weeks. Glum, serious and seriously boring. Wasn’t expecting that from Hara at least. She’s the most fun to be around with. It pissed me off that they can’t get their feelings over with.”

 

“True. I wonder how their children end up as.”

 

“You are thinking of children already? I doubt whether they’ll be married at all.”

 

“Hmm…let’s guess ok. Its obvious that Hara and Jaejoong like each other and imagine they are married and have-”

 

“One girl.”   He added.    “That’s what I can imagine at best.”

 

“Let’s name her…Jaera.”

 

“Jeez, you had to fusion their name? You are horrible at naming.”

 

“Oh please you suggest then.”   She added sarcasm.

 

“Jiyool. It suits their daughter.”

 

“Sweet, beautiful and smart.”    Minyoung guessed her characteristics.

 

“And cranky like Hara.”    Mickey sniggered.

 

“Maybe will turn out to be a doctor.”    She added further.

 

“Pissing Hara at most.”

 

“Will use sting words to woo men.”

 

“Or get rid of them.”

 

“Sounds just like their daughter.”     Minyoung concluded.

Yoochun nodded seeming so proud.

 

“Ok now Ga-in and Junsu.”    Mickey suggested.

 

“What? Those two have nothing at all between them.”

 

“You know, for a woman who is so observant, you, are clearly a moron on this one. I can clearly see things between them. It’s just they are still oblivious.”

 

“And you are so an expert on this.”    She didn’t believe him.

 

“Twins. Boy or girl, don’t know.”   Mickey said already.

 

“Boys. Funny, naughty, troublemakers, will make hell for their parents.”

 

“Good looking, charming, scheming, devious.”

 

“And will woo all ladies.”    Minyoung added the flavor.

 

“We are so good at this. Let’s think about us ok?”

 

“What? No way. We don’t like each other.”   Minyoung said casually. She didn’t get serious as before.

 

“Just imagine; we are a happy family playing music all day. And we have a girl named Rani.”

 

“Rani? Why Rani?”

 

“I like that name. So as I was saying. Our sweet little daughter Rani is smart beautiful and responsible and if any boy come near her I will break his leg-little maggot.”   He muttered in the end.

 

“That seems to lack something, lets add a boy.”

 

“What? No I won’t. I’d rather add a dog.”

 

“We will have a boy.”   She glared at him. Sending the chills he gulped.

 

“Ok we’ll have a boy and we’ll name him-”

 

“Tommy.”    She jumped excited.

 

“What?”    Another glare sent and job done.    “Ok…Tommy. So at each dinner, we’ll eat quietly steak and veggies and I will throw my chicken bones to Tommy saying here Tommy eat. After each dinner I will play with the kids and you’ll do the dishes.

 

“No I won’t!”

 

“Oh come. Just look at it this way. It’s a perfect family. I spoil them and you discipline them. That’s how things work. And I will finally get old and retire and have my children and of course you.”

Her ears perked up.

 

“Did you say children first?”

 

“Yeah…”   he answered casually.

 

“You said children first and then me.”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“So that means you love your children first and then me.”

 

“Yes.”   He finally looked up to see her scary face. She grabbed his collar shaking him.

 

“If you say our children’s name before mine then I will cur you to pieces and feed you to that Tommy.”

 

“Ok, ok.”    He took her hands trying to free his life from her hellish clutch.    “You are there before anything and.”  

Taking her face in his hands he mumbled with a smile.    “I will love you always before anyone.”

 

Their expressions changed. They both pulled away from each other with sudden feeling of awkwardness. It was not to be taken that seriously. They shouldn’t take it so seriously.

 

“Its time to go home.”    Yoochun mumbled standing up and holding out his hand to her. She took it not trying to make it weird.

 

But that was weird for both of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When he had arrived home, he realized he had done something stupid. He had mistakenly brought home her winning teddy.

 

“Damn it. Gotta give to her tomorrow.”

His final excuse to visit her again.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next morning he went out just after breakfast and arrived at her place but unfortunately rain started falling heavily. He stuffed the teddy in his jacket and rang the bell.

 

She opened and surprisingly saw him.

 

“Come in.”    She quickly let him in and rushed to take a towel. He took the bear out and took the towel out of her hand once she brought in.

 

“What are you doing here so early?”

 

“Bear. You forgot.”

 

“Seriously?”   She wanted to smack him.   “Sit, its raining. I’ll make coffee.”

Taking his seat, rubbing his hair dry he asked.

 

“You are a heavy coffee drinker?”

 

“Very. Can’t live without it. Sugar?”

 

“A spoon. So that’s how Hara got that habit…she told me you somehow influenced her into drinking that stuff.”

 

“You are saying as if its alcohol. Milk?”

 

“No thanks. I told my mother, she was so happy to hear that we managed something big in the competition.”

Bringing the coffee cups to table, she took her seat.

 

“So is my mother. I wish I could visit them but good news is, they will be returning for good after a year or so.”

 

“Great! I could finally meet them!”

 

“You’ll love my little tyke. He’s so cute.”

 

“I bet. My little tyke aint so little anymore to be cute. He’s such a pain in the now.”

 

“That pain in the helped you recover.”    She sipped in her coffee when her cell beeped.    “Hold on I’ll be getting that.”

She left the drawing room while he waited. His cell beeped too.

Taking it out he saw a message from an unknown number.

Pressing the button to read, his eyes widened.

 

“It’s Jimin. Were you joking with me when you said you don’t know the woman?”

 

“What are you talking about?”   he texted back but a reply came too shocking.

 

“She was beside you all this time and you never knew? You expect me to believe that?”

 

Just tell me already please.”

 

“It’s senior Park Minyoung!”

 

“What about her?”

 

“The one you’ve asked me about.”

 

Minyoung came back finishing her work when she noticed…his seat was empty.

The door was open.

He wasn’t there anymore…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

He drove fast; very fast. It was unbelievable. He called her just to make sure.

 

“You sure that she was the one I was asking about?”

 

“Yes! I can tell that from anyone! She is the only one who can play like that!”

 

It was impossible. She was not supposed to be her. But then…Jimin’s hair was brown and hers were coal black and long enough…the hair…it was the only thing matched.

He knew how he could be sure.

He drove to the place where he saw her.

 

He noticed Minyoung calling him and then a text came.

He stopped at the place and ran out reading the text.

 

“What happened? Something wrong? Is it an emergency? Let me know!”

 

He ran to the side in the heavy rain. He caught his breath and looked around. Would she really be the one coming here?

Why?

Why would she come here and play?

She didn’t seem like the type to untie her hair and wear gowns and play ladylike.

 

There was another way…

He could always ask her.

 

But why would he bother?

Isn’t it good that the woman he admired and the woman he cared for are the same?

Mystery woman was his inspiration and Minyoung was his friend he cared for.

So where was the problem?

 

He was in love with the Mystery woman and falling in love with Minyoung was not possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUST LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACKS!!!

THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!