Crushed chance

Maestro

That night Junsu was sitting on his bed humming his own song in happiness. It seemed abnormal that everything was going smoothly between him and Ga-in. yet somewhere in his mind had the fear of separation again.

“Why am I thinking like this? Nothing’s going to happen…” he assured himself.

Right then Yoochun barged into his room looking for something. Usually Junsu would crack up and yell at him for disturbing his privacy. Yoochun shoved off some dvds on the shelf already expecting Junsu to shout; when he heard none, he looked at the bubbly boy lost in his thoughts.

“Junsu…?” Yoochun called slowly for which he got no response.

“Su?” Now using the mother tone which also did not get him any answer.

“Yo duckbutt!” He shouted snapping Junsu out of his thoughts.

“What?!” Junsu yelled back with a puffer face.

“Aye you responded to duckbutt.” Yoochun smiled letting him know while Junsu huffed in annoyance.

“What do you want? And what are you doing to my shelf? And how dare you enter my room without my permission?” Junsu finally realized.

“I was looking for a movie while you were day dreaming. What were you thinking of? Ga-in?” Yoochun teased the younger man.

“Yeah so?”

“Its just plain weird you thinking of a girl. Sometimes I thought that you went for guys.” Yoochun took a seat beside Junsu.

“Please Hyung don’t start again. It’s not like she’s my lover or something.”

“I didn’t say that, you did. What it is then if not love?”

“its nothing like that. She’s a friend, a good one that’s all. Also that she was close to Julie.” Junsu looked away thinking of her.

“Sometimes I think maybe its Ga-in who’s not straight.”

“Shut up and get out!” Junsu at last showed authority to the older one.

Yoochun merely shrugged and stepped out of his room. Junsu lied down on his bed with worries that whatever Yoochun had just said now couldn’t be true. Ga-in as a lover seemed too farfetched. They seemed more like best friends than gf/bf.

“Yoochun and his babbling.” Junsu muttered then felt his cell vibrating. He pressed the button and saw a message incoming. He pressed view only to see the sender was Ga-in.

‘’I’m going to the church to see Anna after class. Wanna join me?’’

He smiled at the thought of spending more time with her at the church and pressed few buttons.

‘‘Of course I would like to see Anna. See you tomorrow.’’ And pressed send. Then it hit him. Why did he write that he would like to see Anna rather than like to go with her? What might she think? She might think that he likes Anna; that might earn him a beating from piper.

He smacked his head for his stupidity.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun came out of Junsu’s room lightly satisfied with him annoying the dolphin. He actually went there to irritate him because he had nothing better to do. Then again he could also annoy Jaejoong with Minyoung.

*No, not Minyoung. I mean I don’t even see a scope between them.*
Nevertheless he barged into Jaejoong’s room only to see him wincing in pain in his injured hand which happened during the visit at Minyoung’s house. How come it still didn’t heal?

“That’s it Hyung you’re going to the doctor tomorrow!” Yoochun shouted catching Jaejoong’s attention towards him.

“Its nothing Yoochun.”

“Of course its not nothing! Here let me see that!” Yoochun took out the aid kit and sat on the bed beside him and unwrapped the old bandage.

“You cant just keep unwrapping the old bandages and keep wrapping new ones on your own. You need a doctor. How long has it been since the wound? Why didn’t you go to the doctor yet?” Yoochun said while applying the antiseptic.

“I didn’t have time for it.”

“Well I’m going with you tomorrow. And I don’t wanna hear any excuses.”

“Alright I got it mother hen.” Jaejoong meekly smiled at his friend.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Friday noon. Junsu and Jaejoong’s class just ended with Mrs Yvonne and both of them were ready to go to their respective places. Yoochun, Hara and Ga-in’s class also ended with Mr Pao on and was already heading towards them. Right then Yoochun’s cell rang. He stepped aside and received it.

“Hello?”

“Garang?” Joongki answered calling him that which meant beautiful husband.

“Don’t call me that.” he responded with a bit of annoyance.

“I think it suits you better than Micky.” Joongki teased.

“Whatever yeorim(playboy) tell me what you want.” Yoochun hissed a bit since Joongki called him garang.

“You have to meet us today at your house.”

“Why my house?” Yoochun asked annoyingly.

“Because your brother can guide us better.”

“Alright I got it. I’m coming now. Is Crazy horse with you?”

“Who you’re calling crazy horse?! Want me to kick your ?!” Ah-in shouted on the other side of the phone.

Oops. Forgot to tell you the speaker was on. Oh yeah do bring the girl’s picture.” Joongki said and hung up.
Yoochun tched. Why would they want to see daemul’s photo? He shook his head and went ahead towards the rest except Minyoung. She wasn’t here with them.

“Yoochun let’s go.” Jaejoong said.

“Sorry Hyung I cant go with you. I have something up at home.”

“Is it something serious?” Jaejoong asked.

“No, not at all. Why don’t you go with Junsu?” Yoochun suggested pointing at him.

“I have to go somewhere else.” Junsu said.

“its ok I can go alone.” Jaejoong assured.

“No I don’t trust you. How about Ga-in eh?” Yoochun suggested again.

“I am going with Junsu.” Ga-in pointed out.

“How about Minyoung then?” Hara suggested.

“Minyoung? Why Minyoung?” Yoochun asked almost terrified. He didn’t want her to be with him.

“She has another class with Mr. Masum remember?” Ga-in pointed out again relieving Yoochun.

“Oh sorry.” Hara rubbed her forehead.

“How about you go Hara?” Yoochun suggested.

“What?”

“What?”
Both of them snapped. Ga-in and Junsu kept staring at the two since they knew all.

“I cant go with her!” Jaejoong panicked while Hara definitely didn’t want to go with him.

“Oh please Hyung. Hara please use your strength if you have to but take him.”
Hara nodded without any emotion thinking this task nothing more than stealing candy from a baby.

“Come on.” Hara grabbed Jaejoong’s collar and pulled him along with her while Jaejoong was trying to break free. He didn’t expect her to be this much powerful.

“No, no, nooooooo.”

“What a crybaby.” The rest three chorused.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Yoochun ran leaving Junsu and Ga-in in the corridor. He tried not to slip since the floor was plain tiles. Along the way he stopped to see Mr. Masum’s classroom open and the students were just chatting.

*Perhaps Mr. Masum gave a break.*

Then his eyes fell on Daemul, talking to another girl who was sitting. Since Minyoung was standing, her hair as usual braided down to her hip…which seemed…breathtaking.
He quickly took out his cell and took an image of the lady…then he just took a run before she could see him.
_________________________________________________________________

Junsu and Ga-in entered the church and this time Ga-in was wearing something off the fashion. Yet she looked good in it. she looked around noticing that the choir hasn’t started yet.

“Where is she?”

“Junsu, Ga-in!”
Both turned around and saw the father of the church aka Anna’s father smiling at the couple.

“Mr. Lakers? Pleased to see you. Have you seen Anna?” Ga-in asked while Junsu bowed.

“I sent her off with her friend. Oh what a nice lad he is! You might know him…Alexander I think.” He spoke in his british accent.

“Alexander?” both of them looked at each other in surprise. Mr. Lakers just sent his daughter off with a guy?

Both of them ran leaving Mr. Lakers dumfounded. They ran looking for Anna quite curious to see how they would look together and when they found them, near the pond, their mouths remained hanging.

Alexander and Anna were actually…holding hands…

“Ok…awkward.”


_____________________________________________________________________________

The doctor was checking his unwrapped hand which seemed infected a bit. He applied the antiseptic ointment and instead of wrapping it with bandage, he taped a band aid.

“You should have come to the hospital sooner. You can have fever from this wound. I bet you already had.”
Jaejoong nodded quite embarrassed about it. he felt like a kid again when the handsome doctor asks the kid and he shyly answered and whenever they tell you to do something, you become determined to make him happy. Yeah, doctors…

“Well I could give you painkillers but, I wont. It will affect your kidneys if over taken. Anti-biotics might do however you must have a glass of milk after that since anti-biotic takes out all the energy in healing.”

Hara was in a daze out of boredom. She also remembered coming to doctors but unlike Jaejoong she always hated them, because according to her they tricked you into doing things.

The doctor took out his pad and wrote something.

“This is the name of it. You can buy it but only 8 tablets which you must take one everyday however in 16 days. That means you have to skip another day without it after your first day. This is to make sure that you’re not too tired after this.” The doctor smiled and honestly it could melt anyone, however Hara could only twitch.

After they came out bought the medicine they started walking in silence. It was quite awkward for Jaejoong to be with her after everything. However Hara was too busy hating the doctor.

“I think he was flirting with you.” Hara said.

“Who?”

“The doctor…”

“Seriously? What gave you that idea?” Jaejoong was actually amused with her imagination.

“His smile…and by the way who wouldn’t? Just because he’s a guy doesn’t mean he can’t. After all you are gorgeous.” Hara admitted.

“Ok first of all, just because he smiled he was flirting, and second just because I’m ‘gorgeous’ doesn’t mean even guys will like me and third…even if they do, why are you jealous?” Jaejoong actually was smirking.

“Of course jealous of a man who steals another man’s attention from me. How dramatic!” Hara flew her hands in the air showing some effects. Jaejoong chuckled and looked at her figure. She was such a doll…

“Of course it is…or else you would have fallen for him. He’s quite good looking.”

“I seriously think you’re into men. Well if that is really the case then I guess I have nothing to say.”

“I’m straight that’s for sure so don’t worry, you can still dig me.” Jaejoong smiled cheekily again.

“I could dig you to the ground woman. I wonder I why fell for you when you had such an arrogance.” Hara remarked.

“Ahh…you hurt me here.” Pointing his heart. “You fell for me because I’m dead drop gorgeous.” He winked.

“No, I fell for you because of everything.”

“Everything?” Jaejoong asked a bit confused.

“Yes, everything.”

“Define everything.”

“Well your face does have a part to play, your personality, your concern towards others…and your love towards the close ones…” she fell silent. She completely forgot that they were talking without any worries like friends…it was rare for them. She wanted to spend time with him like this…

“Whats wrong?” Jaejoong asked.

“What happened to us? we were such good friends…what came between us?” Hara mumbled to herself.
Jaejoong remained quiet…he really didn’t know what did.

“It wasn’t Yoochun at all Jaejoong…it was you and me only. I should have known you didn’t feel that way about me…then you should have just told me rather than hooking me up with Yoochun. That would have been so much easier. I also don’t feel the same way towards Yoochun as you don’t towards me so…you should understand since our feelings are almost same. Right?” Hara said and looked at him who was silent. It wasn’t true that he didn’t feel the same way, he did. That was the problem.

“Jaejoong I respect your feelings that you don’t want to think that about me but at least don’t push me away as a friend. I want to be your friend just as much as Yoochun or Junsu. Is that too hard to do?” she asked again but received no answer.

“I understand if you feel that I might end up saying the same things again but trust me Jaejoong…I’m not that desperate to make you love me forcefully…I have my own pride. So please lets just be friends again. it wouldn’t be hard for me to forget my past confession and I can move on. I promise.”

Jaejoong was actually stunned…girls were freaking out to be his girlfriend and promises to earn his love but she…only wanted to be his friend. But it actually hurt him that she was willing to forget she loved him once…

“Also, it has been a long time since Ga-in actually befriended any men and Minyoung talk to any men. At least for their sakes.”

“No!” Jaejoong gritted his teeth and walked away leaving her. She chased after him.

“What do you mean?! Whats wrong?!”

“I don’t believe you!”

“Why not?!”

“Because you cant forget your confession to me…” he stopped and looked at her “Nobody can…”
Hara just gaped at him thinking of him as an idiot. Little did she know he was trying to provoke her.

“Ok Mr. hotshot, there is nothing wrong in admitting yourself as beautiful, but this is far…” she was about to say ‘fetched’.

“No! you don’t understand. You keep saying that you forget the past and still remain as friends but you can believe that…I cant. I have seen way too many girls who believed that they will forget me but they never did. They came back again crying fountains out and I’m sick of rejecting them!”

“Well I have my pride…”

“But you’ll forget it when your feelings come back..” he started walking again.

“Why do you think that way? Just because you are Kim Jaejoong, the most beautiful man on earth?” she shouted at him causing him to stop. He turned and walked back and stood a foot away from her.

“I admit you do have the face, but that doesn’t mean any girl would fall for that face. You haven’t seen girls of entire Korea let alone the entire world. So don’t get so arrogant because when I said I wont bring the topic again, I will keep that promise.”
Rain suddenly started pouring on them and both of them became wet as cat instantly, but they didn’t dare take their eyes off each other.
Jaejoong smirked and looked away as if it was obvious. He took her arm surprisingly and pulled her along with him.

“Now what’s wrong? Where are you taking me?!”

Jaejoong pulled her to an empty parking lot…and not even a guard was there. He pulled her into the building and pushed her to a wall.

“You wont be able to resist me…no one can…no one has ever been able to… what makes you so different?” he eyed her with a dark smile…he eyed her body which was now wet and her shirt was entirely fitted to her body…her face was trickling with rain drops. She was looking way too gorgeous…

“Because we’ve been friends before…” she spoke with no fear but…she was afraid of him. “And we can continue that.”

“What for?”

“At least for our friends…”
Jaejoong harshly slammed the walls besides her trapping her in between his arms causing her to whimper…leaving her no space. Hara quickly looked away, unable to stare at his cold side.

“Look at me…all girls like this face of mine…why do you look away? You shouldnt be even afraid of me now…girls would do anything to be in your shoes right now…” he got closer to her sidewise face but her body reacted. She quickly blocked herself with her arms and tried to push him away but he held her arms and slammed it on the walls.

“Stop it Jaejoong!” she barked without looking at him with anger. She felt disrespected somehow.

“Why? You love me remember? Why back away? Is it because of your ethics and morals? You can cross them cant you…for me? I thought you love me?” she could literally feel his breath on her cheeks as he spoke and that caused her to shiver even more. She closed her eyes tightly and prayed that he would move away.

“I don’t need to answer that. Right now get away or else you’ll suffer the consequence. Don’t think I would go easy on you just because of your injury. So let go!” she growled harshly breathing heavily. She was actually holding back because of his hand.

“And you think I would go easy on you just because you’re a girl? Not a chance…I know now you cant resist me, you cant ever forget the feeling about me. You can never not love me…” he came closer and she could feel the hollow touch of the lips on her cheeks…

‘How dare you?!’

She kicked on his stomach; pushing him away. He fell down with his hand on stomach…that was pretty strong.

“Just because you’re beautiful than any of us doesn’t make you irresistible. It doesn’t mean anyone will love you even if you’re an to them and treat others like . Well…some ty girls like in SMU could do that but not girls like me or anyone at Maestro. Don’t think I didn’t know what happens in SM? People sleep with others for grades…and for popularity…Julie went there…and she died. I fell in love with you because I thought you cared about others…you cared about your friends and respected my friends so I couldn’t help but fall in love with that…your face…had nothing to do with it. it could be disfigured for all I care…but what you did just now was way out of line. Not just you insulted me but also touched me without my permission. I don’t allow men to touch me like that…”

She looked down at his sitting figure trying to catch his breath.

“You know…I thought Yoochun was a loud mouth who didn’t know any manners. But now I see he’s 100 times better than you… but I cant think of breaking the boy’s heart telling him about you…also I cant even lead him into a relationship which is one sided. But you…you can just die right now and I wouldn’t care.”

She left him walking out in the rain…

He just kept sitting there…and suddenly smiled.

“It worked…”