All is well

Maestro

The chirping of the birds and the little animals around made the sunny and yet cool day even more pleasant as people were standing before a building. They were seemed to be waiting for something with the impatient children with them. The old people chatted amongst themselves and the reporters reported their usual business.

This was a big day...

“We finally did it eh?”   Junsu wrapped his arms around Ga-in’s shoulder in a manly way and in response she shrugged it off.

“I ain't your bag, duck .”   She muttered but smiled a moment later.  “And yes...we finally did.”

They were both standing before the small building with many children and people around. Their friends-Jaejoong, Yoochun, Hara and Minyoung were there too with Ga-in’s and Junsu’s family. Junsu and Ga-in took the scissors and looked at their friends, family and the children. They smiled at them for all the help they had given for the past three years and because of them, their dream was finally fulfilled.

The cut the red cloth tied on the entrance of the gate and applauds came by. Before they entered, they let the children run in their new school which was entirely free for them until high school. The reporters entered with their cameras and equipments and stated how the two tycoon heirs had contributed to the society in a positive manner.

“We are so proud of you two.”   All of them had the same perception regarding this matter which made their chests swell more in pride. The girl who was once a delinquent and was mixed with the bad crowd had finally learned to give...and the boy who thought he had seen all had humility and learned to accept new ideas and...Women. Ga-in’s mother and her new sibling brother who was of three years entered happily in the new school while her father exchanged a smile with her. Ga-in surprisingly had learned to finally smile at her father.

The two were to enter the last after their friends and soon toured the whole school for the people. The teachers and faculties had been hired and the dean of Maestro had been kind enough to help Ga-in in this matter. Although he couldn’t visit himself, he had sent his best regards.

Junsu let Ga-in go as she rushed to her baby brother and picked him up; kissing him on the cheeks. She loved her brother more than anything and she never knew that she could give all for him. But she soon put him down and he ran to the kid who belonged to Junho. The girl was of 4 years and was already acquainted with the Son family.

The Kang’s were invited however they were simply too busy to be here. However they had adopted a girl whom they have also named Julie. They hoped to love her as much as their real daughter and Ga-in couldn’t be happier.

  Yoochun and Jaejoong patted on his back as a job well done as Hara ruffled his hair and Minyoung did nothing but smile happily.

“I never knew...it could happen...”   Junsu was on the verge of tears; thinking this was all a dream. The last three years were of struggles to get this project going as Ga-in put her daily life in this. She managed to call as much as investors to help her and not many were agreeing to help her with it because it was not profitable. Having her father, Junsu and the Kangs were not enough because they had to expend a lot compared to the returns for a free school. Getting government to work with her was the hardest part because of her past reputation but with Junsu and the Kangs, they had agreed to gather investors. Above that her relationship with Junsu were much speculated by the media because they were not married; not yet.

They were not ready for such responsibility. They thought that they owed something to the society first and then their own.

“More would come...this is just the beginning.”   Yoochun mumbled as he smiled at Minyoung.

“Yes...more is yet to come.”    It was Ga-in voice which came by. She had a look of eagerness but a calm one. There was more yet to come.

------------

“YOU ING BASTARD! I’M GONNA KILL YOU!”

Her screams were sure piercing however it was nothing to him compared to what she was going through. They rushed her through the corridor with his sister in law who has decided to be the midwife. He clutched her hands tightly recalling all the moments he had with her for the last seven years...from Maestro to their school and now after four years. Junsu knew this was not one of those easy going days where he would simply be called duck ; no...This was one day where she gets to say all she wants because she was going through a painful labour.

“Junsu, please stay out! We can’t let you in there!”   His sister in law shoved Junsu before he could protest and his brother Junho held him. He looked at his brother desperately wanting to know why he couldn’t go in unlike the rest of the husbands who could. Junho himself was with his wife during her labour. His son saw his father when he came out but why couldn’t Junsu see? Why couldn’t he hold her hands trying to calm her down?

“Don’t fret Junsu. I’m sure there is something going on and she will take good care.”

Junho was himself confused. Fortunately his daughter was not here who was with his grandmother at the moment. He couldn’t bear the look on Junsu who was on the verge of tears because they knew Ga-in had complications with pregnancy and yet she insisted keeping the baby. Her body was not suitable for conceiving but this was her one and final chance and Ga-in chose to keep it.

Not that Junsu didn’t care about babies...he didn’t want Ga-in’s life in jeopardy for an unborn child. He’d rather lose a child than her. He felt Hyori’s hand on his shoulder who gave him an assured smile. After much complication Hyori finally had a son who is now 7...her smile ensured that if she could have a child after several miscarriages...Ga-in can tolerate the same pain without much danger.

Junsu calmed down finally realizing that there might be some hope and Junho forced him to sit down and he finally exhaled.

Hara was pacing around while Minyoung observed the faces of all. They didn’t dare going near Junsu knowing it wouldn’t do much. They were sure not to be near him because they were far more concerned than he was because they were friends longer than Junsu had been a friend and a husband. They didn’t want to undermine his worries compared to theirs. Ga-in had learned the most and they didn’t want her to suffer more.

Understanding the girls, both Jaejoong and Yoochun remained quiet and almost hidden from their own friend because it was not the women they loved who were going through such a complication; it was Ga-in.

Junsu and her had been together too much to just it end like this. Junho and Hyori let Junsu alone for their friends to takeover and both men sat beside him quietly.

“I don’t know what to do...I should be there with her. She should be swearing at me, cursing me...instead I’m out here.”   He frustratingly stated.   “I knew this was dangerous. Her body is weak to conceive.”   Yoochun patted on his shoulder.

“If Ga-in believes she can do it, then shouldn’t you have a little faith in her? I am sure she is strong enough to give you two kids.”   He stated hoping it would cheer him up and it did make him smile weakly.

“Ga-in is stronger than all of us. She decided to be the first one to be mature enough to marry and had kids. I bet she can pull that off.”   Jaejoong mumbled looking at concerned Hara who remained hidden. His sight remained on her who had not lost her youth even after 7 years.

Much had happened between them and after such a long time they finally were able to slide the rings although not of marriage.

They were just engaged with their families at their side.

...............................................................................

Few months after Ga-in and Junsu opened their school, they got busier with life and while Ga-in and Junsu were building up their dreams, Hara was building hers. She soon went abroad after few months with Yoochun for various important contests and the dean of Maestro had personally sent both. Hara went up till 5th and 6th of many contests but someone was always better than her so she could never be on the top 3 but she had earned quite fame for her talents. On the other hand Jaejoong remained in Maestro working beside the dean and Minyoung. He often received private contracts to produce music for singers and compose for dramas.

Through that his name was recognised for his unique sense of composition and he soon received an offer to make albums. He had the opportunity to work alongside various composers like Yiruma, Kenji Kawai and others. He often had to travel to Japan because he was getting more popular there with anime, visual novel compositions.

She would come back after each contest with Yoochun and would fly off again for another and Jaejoong had supported her utmost because he knew her dreams were her wings and he shouldn’t rip her wings. At times he would miss her terribly...very terribly. He even ended up crying once on skype session with her and unfortunately Yoochun was there so he still made fun of that.

She participated at least in 30 contests in two years and finally earned her own concert in Vienna. After a successful concert she decided to go back for good to her man...Jaejoong. They still hadn’t decided to wed or engaged because they were still not sure.

They made up their minds when they finally got to see Junsu and Ga-in getting married. It was a sudden news to all but it was a lovely small and sweet wedding and when Jaejoong and Hara saw their faces and how happy they looked, they finally decided to take a small step unlike the big one.

They finally had the establishment they desired...and after Ga-in and Junsu came back from their honeymoon...they held their engagement ceremony.

......................................................................................................

Jaemin suddenly rushed out with a paper and a pen to Junsu who stood up.

“What’s the matter?”   Junsu asked seeing the desperate look on her face along with everyone else.

“It’s Ga-in! She can’t push! I have to do an immediate surgery for her! But...”

“But what?!”   Junsu shouted not caring the situation.

“You have to decide Junsu! Both mother and kids are in danger; I can only save one of them...”    Jaemin was flustered and was hesitating to ask the obvious.   “Whom do you wish to choose?”    

The rest were shocked to the core for such an option. They all looked at Junsu and they thought he was given a harsh decision to make. They thought he would take time to consider...but instead he ended up shouting.

“What do you mean choose?! There is nothing to choose when my Ga-in is in danger! Just save her!”

 Jaemin didn’t need another moment and rushed inside the room.

Hara and Minyoung felt even more to hide from him. Junsu slumped on the bench like a dead man who had lost everything now. He didn’t know what to do anymore...

I’ll die without her...

“That’s tough...”   Jaejoong murmured but Junsu muttered at him.

“Its not...there is nothing to consider...Ga-in is the only one I would save every time if it comes to me. She shouldn’t even ask! Mothers should always be saved over unborn children...”

All were astonished to hear that Junsu was not caring of his child but Junsu knew what he was talking about. Just because she was a mother doesn’t give her the under-privilege to die every time her unborn child needs saving. It is not a duty of the mother...it was rather pressed on them...

“Besides...a child should never grow up without a mother...unless it’s natural death after birth...if there is a choice...it should always be the mother to be saved.”

Somehow Hyori smiled at him...she thought of him as the man every man should be and he patted on his head.

“You are a true man...”

 Everything came back to him when he heard that...Ga-in always gave him that feeling...all the memories from the day he saw her bullying, the silly contract of wishes; misunderstanding about Julie’s death came back to him.

 Him falling in love with her;

Their first awkward kiss;

Her final feelings;       

The opening school;

The wedding kiss;

Their first night.....

 A smile appeared on his lips due to the good and bad times he had with her. He had learned to deal with her bad side and he wasn’t ready to live without her constant nagging.

What it seemed it an hour the light turned off and Jaemin finally came out while opening her gloves. Junho and Hyori were the first to ask while Hara and Minyoung.

“Twins...both boys. They’ve been moved to sanitize. Ga-in is sleeping but will be up soon.”

He didn’t need telling twice as both men hugged him first and then Junho did. Junho tried hugging Jaemin but she shoved him telling that she needed to wash herself first. Junsu wanted to rush in to see his wife but refrained. He had twins...

Yoochun gaped at Minyoung with a knowing look...they had predicted correctly-twins and boys.

“But Junsu...there is also some bad news.”

That wiped off the smiles in an instant. Hyori was about to call her husband while Junho was about to call his mother but they both stopped. Jaemin sighed and stated.

“Due to the complications...I believe these two are her first and last. She will not be able to conceive anymore.”

All looked at Junsu wondering whether he would react frantically. Instead...

“I don’t care about pressing her with children anymore...I simply don’t care if she can’t conceive. As long as I have her, its fine with me.”    Not an ounce of sadness was heard in his voice but he cried that his wife survived. Jaemin gave a warm smile and finally excused herself. Hara and Minyoung were finally able to face Junsu who hugged them both immediately.

“We are so proud of you Junsu for not being a conservative jackass.”   Hara meekly smiled at him and Jaejoong soon wrapped his hands around her.

“I don’t want to be a conservative jackass...”   Junsu gulped.   “I don’t want to be a man who would put things on someone just because it’s their duty. I care about her wishes and health...”

“Then the kids should see their father...”   Minyoung softly reminded Junsu that he just became a father but Junsu shook his head.

“I know it will be inconsiderate to see my kids... but I want to see my wife first.”

 “Then don’t mind if we see them.”    His friends patted his back one last time and left to see the kids while Junho and Hyori called off their sides to give them the good news. Junsu walked near the door and saw her through the glass. She looked so weak...and he was happy that she would never have to go through that again.

One thing pained him...that he cared not much for the children...he did but not over his wife. How would she react if she knew?

How would his kids react of they knew?

That is something he would have to deal in the future...

He waited there till she woke up which was about an hour later and by then Ga-in’s father and brother had come with Mrs. Kim and her granddaughter. The Kangs were here and they were all in the room.

When Ga-in first opened her eyes she saw Junsu staring at her; holding her hand tightly. He soon kissed her lips before all without caring. The first question she asked...

“Where are they?”

“They are here...”   Jaemin and another nurse brought in the babies and handed them to her. Her eyes glistened and looked at Junsu who was looking at her only.

“Junsu...you didn’t see them did you?”   She guessed right as she handed him one. Junsu’s reaction quickly changed when he saw the baby in his hand. He was a spitted image of Ga-in. His sight blurred as tears down his cheeks and he looked at the other who looked more like him.

“I know what your answer was...I could guess...and I thank you for that but...if I go away somehow in the future for another reason...never stop loving the boys.”   Ga-in knew she had to say that in case he becomes a deranged man without her.

“I promise and I swear...and don’t speak rubbish again piper.”

“Alright leave the couple alone and let us hold these two.”   Mrs. Kim took the boy from Ga-in’s hand while Mr. Son took the one out of Junsu’s hand. Both kids of Kim and Son cuddled with the babies and handed them to Jaemin and Junho. They awed and tickled them and handed them to the Kangs who showed them to Julie who was 15. She kissed both kids on their forehead and handed them to Hara and Jaejoong.

“They are so handsome...have you thought of names?”   Hara asked his cheeks.

“Not yet...but we’ll think of something.”    Junsu answered and looked at Ga-in.

“These two will become quite the womaniser...”   Jaejoong opined.

“Unlike you girly...I want them to be womanisers. They should live up to their mother’s reputation.”    Ga-in smirked at him and looked at the other two.   “Give them to Minyoung and Yoochun.”

“Oh! No, please I can’t handle babies and...”   Yoochun was already given the baby in his hands before he could protest more. He looked down not knowing what to do but as he looked into its eyes...all seemed to just disappear.

He suddenly looked at Minyoung who was holding the other one...

He had no clue how 7 years just passed like that. He thought he would find someone by now like the rest but even with travelling with Hara his heart set on no one. He would no longer look at anyone...he always set his mind on his piano. He always thought of Maestro and...Her.

He saw Minyoung looking at him too with the same lost face. Had she realised the same? She always worked at Maestro and tried liking many men but...she just couldn’t. Whenever Yoochun came back from trips her heart would just thump like hell...she still had no idea why.

But was this the day?

They both smiled at each other and looked back at the babies. Their presence was bringing so much joy to all.

Yes...this was their day...

Their day of love.

.............................................................

From then on...Ga-in and Junsu spent their times on their boys, work with their school and companies. Their inner disputes were resolved but they still fought like kids at times. Ga-in had settled her rage with Victoria who came to visit soon after the babies were born and maintained a good relationship with the Kang. Junsu still hadn’t forgiven Victoria like Ga-in did but for the sake of his wife he remained smiling at her. Victoria still was single.

Ga-in’s friends-Anna, Jisu and others were abroad for further studies and Anna was finally engaged to Alexander with her father’s approval. Unlike before Mr. Lakers had learned to be a little more flexible and received visits from Junsu and Ga-in with their boys on Sundays.

Sungmin...well Junsu still sees him and gives his noogies every time because he is still grateful to him but Sungmin hasn’t bothered any girl since. He managed to get into a music agency.

Mr. Son, Hyori and their son were living at the mansion and were living quite normally. Hyori was getting the respect she deserved and maintained her legal status. Her son was already given half the share of the Son assets as requested by Ga-in because like her boys, she loved her brother and he showed equal amount of love.

.....

Jaejoong and Hara were soon married and continued working in concerts, agencies and Maestro. Hara’s parents were still in Jeolla but often they visited the kids. Hara still lived in her apartment however alone because Nana had gotten too old and had retired but she visited often. Hara’s father was still grouchy as ever but inwards he had blessed them both while the mother just enjoyed in-laws fight. Jaejoong’s family would often visit Jeolla to meet the Koos, because it was a nice place for vacation so both families had gotten very close.

And they were both urging them to have grandkids soon...much to their dismay...because they are still shy about their nights.

Changmin and Pani were still going strong but he would still and get smacked from Jaejoong but Pani had changed and would bully him herself. She had learned to fight her boyfriend.

.........

Yoowhan had gotten a girlfriend and had gotten into acting for some reason. He was soon getting offers from agencies.

Ah-in and Joongki were still single but were promoted. They were considered as a couple themselves but their relationship was plain platonic. They would still meet up and have drinks or two.

Minyoung’s parents moved to S.Korea and had given their villa for student rents but they would often go there. Stefan was learning to adapt in Korea and made good friends but he would still miss his old friends and would go back to UK often with his parents. All in all was good.

....

His hand clasped hers warmly as they looked at the moon sitting on the gangway where once a carnival was held. The same place where he said...he would always love her.

They were on their feet, they were established, they had settled their conflicts and now they were finally reciprocating,

“I am grateful...for everything.”

“So am I...I am glad you three decided to move to Maestro in the first place and was peeping on us like peeping toms.”

“I am the glad we fell over the door.”

“I am glad to go to the park.”

“I am glad you two had cooking competition.”

“I am glad you missed your chance and saw me.”

“I am glad...to have saved you.”

“I am glad...to have met you.”

“I love you...”

“I will love you forever...”

Their lips finally met under the dim moon light while the wind blew their hairs. His body embraced her to deepen the kiss while she held on his arms to calm herself down.

It was a normal, deep but passionate kiss...which they never expected to have with each other.

All is well...

..................

Le fin.