Crack in the line

Maestro

 

She couldn’t think straight…not at all. What was he thinking? Why would he do that? And why would he do that for her?

 

No, perhaps to impress Hara…to let her know that he is willing to take responsibility of her close ones, or else who bothers…

 

That’s what she hoped…instead of guessing. She didn’t want him to do out of anything that of responsibility.

She was sitting in her bedroom…doing nothing but stare at space. She needed to thank him; she needed to let him know that it was to impress Hara…even if it was not; she would remind him that it was Hara whom he wanted to protect. But she couldn’t wait anymore…she was frustrated inside…as if something will be missed if she immediately didn’t interrogate him of this.

 

“I have to ask him…”

Getting up from her seat; she dialed Yoochun’s apartment number. After three rings…she hung up herself.

 

“This is weird…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I can find nothing on him except that he is a classmate of Miss Ga-in at her university…he lives with two of his friends at an apartment.”      The man let his boss know the information he required.

 

“That will be all…”    his boss waived his hands to let him go.

 

“Yes Mr. Son.”    The man bowed and left the room leaving him alone. He put his hand on his chin thinking only one thing.

 

“How could she even think of befriending a middle class boy? Perhaps they are not friends…”

His attention was quickly switched to the young woman coming down the stairs; he smiled and gestured her to come to him. She obeyed and walked to him greeting him with an intimate kiss on the lips.

 

“What does this man seem to you?”    Mr. Son showed a picture to the woman.

Looking at it carefully she commented.

 

“He’s cute…apparently too decent. Who is he?”

 

“Kim Junsu…some middle class boy…I saw him with Ga-in the other day…they seemed very close.”

 

“You think he’s trying to do something to her?”

 

“Maybe…I think he’s after her wealth. I have to ask her.”

 

“Based on what evidence dear? You know she’s much like you; believing nothing without evidence.”    She walked back brushing her hair with her fingers.

 

“You know me too well…I can say that we both know people and she should trust our instincts.”

 

“You know your own daughter doesn’t trust you; she had bad experience with men and me…”    she sighed.    “I’m just a mistress for you.”    She mumbled deeply with sadness.

Mr. Son stood up and pulled the woman into another filling kiss reminding her value to him. Pulling away he commented.

 

“Do I have to keep reminding you, who you are? You are Hyori, the woman I always loved so don’t ever speak like that infront of me; I forbid you to do so. However I did ask you to marry me, you are the one who is refusing.”   He turned away keeping the picture on the desk.

 

“You do know why. I won’t marry you unless…”

 

“I know…I know.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minyoung was walking to her class which was not about to start until another half an hour. She was hoping to see others because she would see him. Although she hoped he wouldn’t run this time.

 

Walking along the crowd, she finally noticed her girls; talking to each other and perhaps waiting for their class. She had classes with Yoochun to day so perhaps she could see him.

 

As she was about to walk to them she saw Yoochun had come to them already flirting with Hara and annoying Ga-in. how could she ask him in front of them. But has he even told Hara about what he did? He still had bandages on his face.

 

No, I shouldn’t ask in front of them…Hara might think something else.

 

She turned around and walked away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaejoong and Junsu were walking quietly. All Junsu had in mind was…Ga-in’s upset face and Jaejoong had in mind was Minyoung’s bravery and cold heart to throw him out. What if Hara knows of this? Even though he knew Daemul was not the kind of woman who would tell a taddle tale to her friends but he felt guilty himself for cheating.

 

I’m not dating her to cheat on her! Get a grip…

 

Reaching their destination, they both saw Hara and Ga-in with Mickey. He was as usual flirting…but Junsu wasn’t noticing that. He was noticing Ga-in; she was tensed again somehow. They walked to them and greeted each other; although they had separate classes they still talked until their classes started.

 

“Guys I gotta run. See you all later. Bye Hara.”     Yoochun sprinted off leaving Hara a special wink. Hara as usual took it lightly…she knew he was not serious about her; at least he was unaware of an infatuation.

But Jaejoong wanted to tell her everything; even though he knew Daemul would rip him to smithereens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey Daemul!”    

Minyoung turned with a menacing look at the idiot. Yoochun soon straightened seeing that horrifying expression on her face.

 

“What’s with you?”

She turned back on her copy scribbling down notes. She didnt know how to ask.

 

“Hey Minyoung? Miiinyouung….”    He was poking her while she was thinking.

 

I cant ask him in class…this will make the entire class awkward.

 

“Daemul honeeyy…”

 

“What?”    She muttered.

 

“What’s wrong?”    Making a poker face Yoochun took a seat beside her.

 

“Shut up and write your note.”

Yoochun shrugged in his mind and started doing exactly what he was told to do. Yet he was wondering what the hell happened.

 

“Minyoung?”

No answer. The teacher already entered and started his class yet he couldn’t concentrate on his lectures. He peeked at her who had her head down on her copy.

 

What’s with her? Why won’t she talk? Oh right she never talks…

 

She noticed his eagerness…although she still cant figure out why he would be so eager to talk to her to impress Hara; he had done enough to get her attention. Maybe he hadn’t told her yet and he wanted her to tell Hara so he would remain modest in her eyes.

 

If that is the case then…I will have to tell her.

 

Then something made her realize…

 

What the hell am I thinking? Even if I do both or one…I’ll be involving myself in their never ending drama…I’ll be pulled both by her and him in their melancholy life. I would have to be quiet…why didn’t I realize it before?

 

During the entire class Minyoung was quiet while hearing Yoochun grunting few times…she had to ignore this. Yoochun, seeing Daemul in such a mood, decided to daydream about Hara. How she had the fragrance of caffeine and jasmine at the same time. Sniffing to feel his daydream the similar smell of jasmine reached his nostrils.

He peeked at Minyoung…they must use the same cloth washing powder.

 

  Although he hadn’t seen it, Jaejoong somehow mentioned before that she could fix cars.

 

Chicks are hot when they know about machinery… although he did see Minyoung with tools to fix her car and machinery. She also knew of these matters therefore that should make her hot right?

 

Why the am I thinking about her again?

 

Why his thoughts did always have to imprint Daemul?

He peeked at her again; noticing the pale glow on her…

 

What a mother hen?

 

Indeed she was…always looking out for her friends…although he had never seen her advising or consoling anyone.

While in his thoughts, his cell vibrated in his pocket as a result of silencing it. He took it out to see a message from his hyung…Ah-in.

 

“Man I’m so sorry for telling her about the gang incident. I didn’t know that you didn’t tell her. It was just so sudden meeting her at the market that I blurted out. I’m sorry dude. Hope she ain’t yelling at you.”

 

His eyes widened reading every single word…the reason for her bad mood was the information she had obtained. Replying it quickly with a  “no problem” he put it in his pocket.

 

The awkward situation irritated them both.

 

When the darn class finally ended; Minyoung, in hurry packed her stuff and rushed out not giving Yoochun a chance to follow her. However determined as he was; he chased her. He called out to her but she ignored him more than once. Unable to bear any longer he grabbed her hand and the result was a death glare.

 

“Let go…”    she muttered flaring chills down his spine; he didn’t let it go though. Instead he explained.

 

“I…I know that you…about the…gang incident.”  

 

“Oh really? How wonderful! I don’t have to act anymore then!”

 

“Minyoung I’m sorry…”

 

“No you were not. You were clearly reckless jumping into action. Have you really thought what people would think if they knew?”      she muttered in anger causing Yoochun to be slightly disturbed. Having her hand; he pulled her to an empty corner hearing much struggle.

 

“What would people think? Explain.”   He stated crossing his arms on his chest in a matter-of-fact way.

 

“You clearly don’t know how people think of this sort of situation. They would clearly say a woman is the reason for someone getting hurt as always.”

 

“You know that clearly is a ist thought which I wasn’t expecting hearing from you.”

 

“Of course it is ist Yoochun! I’ve been suffering for it! Every single time!”    she busted out hearing his casual annoyed tone.

 

“But I wasn’t intending that Minyoung! I just clearly couldn’t tolerate the fact they touched you like that!”

 

“No, you clearly were desperate to impress Hara!”

 

“Woh, woh…”    he stopped her right there; getting his voice louder he exclaimed.

 

“Desperate to impress Hara?! Are you serious now?! Did you think I would stoop that low just to impress her?!”

 

“You love Hara damn it! It’s obvious that you’d do the same for Ga-in!”

 

“No I wouldn’t have!”

Hearing his own words he deviated.

 

“I mean…you’re my friend and…”   he really had no words. Minyoung was stunned hearing that but she didn’t want an awkward situation; she had to change it somehow.

 

“You somehow expected her to know. Don’t deny it.”

Listening to her accusatory tone his mood turned for the worse.

 

“If I had intended to impress her then I would have told her myself knowing that you wont reveal anything…I don’t get you daemul. What are you angry about? Me jumping for you or to impress Hara?”

 

Looking away she explained in a dim tone.

 

“Both…the fact is it still concerned me. Your actions could attract wrong conclusion…”

Holding his head high, Yoochun spoke.

 

“Then I’m sorry to almost have destroyed your fabulous reputation. Good bye.”

Bowing briefly he turned and left her there in the corner. She stood there quite surprised to see his reaction but she was even more surprised about his previous statement…

 

He wouldn’t have done the same for Ga-in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ga-in and Hara came home and found two familiar people in their apartment. Since Hara did not have anything to do with them; she quickly patted Ga-in and bowed to them; then going to her room while her nanny went back to her work.

 

Ga-in tched and threw her bag aside staring at them.

 

“What are you both doing here? I get you, dad but she’s not welcomed here.”

 

“I’m sorry to have come uninvited but he was too sick to leave alone.”    She replied.

 

“Typical; what do you want then?”

Knowing his daughter very well Mr. Son didn’t bother lecturing her about manners; instead he went straight to the point.

 

“I’ve been noticing about your recent acquaintances lately; I’m not talking about your lady friends. I’m talking about the recent male friend you made.”

 

“You…”    fuming inside she continued.

 

“You’ve been spying on me? How pathetic!”

 

“Ga-in its for your own good. That boy is only after your money like every other middle class boys.”

 

“Middle class?”   chuckling bitterly she added.

 

“Then your detective was stupid…his class is much higher than our; I don’t mean his money.”

She meant his background and personality.

 

“Ga-in listen to me for once because you haven’t had any good relationship with men before.”

 

“Who said I have a relationship with him? He’s only my friend.”

 

“Who embraces you so closely? Oh yes, that’s no relationship.”

Finally tolerating enough she said.

 

“Dad please, you’re never here to bear responsibility when I was in trouble and yet you come out showing your rights on me…be decent for once.”

 

“Ga-in…”

 

“I’m not in the mood. I just came back from class and there is no way I can hear all of these nonsense.”

 

“G-in your father might be right; that boy…”

 

“You are in no position to say anything to me…mind your position in this family which is nothing.”    Ga-in muttered at Hyori who only silenced herself however her father shouted.

 

“Ga-in!”

 

“Please…I want peace for once…the door is that way.”

Tolerating her worst manner, Mr. Son and Hyori gave up as they both left the apartment. Hara finally knowing the moment came out of her room and patted on her head as Ga-in slumped down.

 

“I cant take this anymore Hara…this man will be the death of me…”

She mumbled hazily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------