Cotillion

Maestro

 


____________________________________________________________________________
Minyoung had been thinking the entire night about Jaejoong-it was 2 in the morning. She had a bad feeling about the guy as if he might do something bad…that might cause her trouble which she can’t avoid. It was too much to think for her…but it was important she had to think.

“Ugh why must he come to me to annoy? He could bother Ga-in; she happily would have agreed to help him out.” She muttered.
Then she turned her head to the picture hanging on the wall, which had shadow of the night and moon light reflecting the light.
Even though she didn’t want to leave Korea and Hara, both her father and stepmother were transferred to UK, in Dorset County. In fact she was 11 at that time…so they had to leave but fortunately…both Hara and she were in contact thanks to Minyoung’s unlimited credit in her cell. Her mother Lee Misuk was very known to the fact how much Minyoung missed Hara. She was 13 when her brother Stephen was born and she couldn’t be happier than that. She finally had a sibling she could share her life with. She loved Stephen so much…by the time she was 15 Misuk decided to let Minyoung meet hara as it had been a very long time. Minyoung stayed at Hara’s for 3 weeks and during that time they had met Ga-in in Hara’s school.

That is a different story…meeting Ga-in was pure fate Minyoung believed. It was like the trio was meant to be for each other.
___________________________________________________________________________
Junsu kept staring at his Hyung, Jaejoong. Junsu couldn’t feel more pathetic than this…he hadn’t told him neither Junsu asked anything in counter. Yoochun is the only one unaware. It’s good to care for someone, but everything has its limits. Jaejoong was sleeping now, otherwise he would have thrown him out of the window not that he could have done even if he was awake.

“Why do you care so much Hyung?” Junsu mumbled.
_________________________________________________________________
The busiest day Tuesday, each of the students rushed here and there with many classes. Junsu was with Ga-in in Mrs. Yvonne’s class. And very often he tried to get her to talk to him but she doesn’t even bother…he was thinking whether he should use the second command on her.

‘I should save it on something useful.’ He thought. The door was open and for a moment his concentration went to the opened door…a familiar figure caught his eye.

Sungmin.

He gritted his teeth, unable to bear that sight. He had never been so ashamed for his misunderstanding in his life.

‘I’ll get you Sungmin, right after class.’
___________________________________________________________________
Yoochun entered the class and immediately noticed the big man. She wasn’t hard to figure out. Few students were talking to her as the teacher hadn’t arrived yet.

“Minyoung…” he called and Minyoung looked at him; slowly raised her hands to respond. She wasn’t comfortable at all with this man for some reason.

“Mind if I sit with you?” He asked as he came near.

“Alright…go ahead.” She motioned him to sit beside her. He did and kept his bag aside. He often peeked at her to see what she’s doing. She wasn’t reading, not listening to anything but looking somewhere. He followed her gaze to the painting on the wall.

A painting of a girl with silver ear rings and soft painted glossy lips.

*This is what she admires? It’s kind of classy…* he thought, then again someone like her who’s so classy must like Jaejoong. He was just as much as beautiful as the girl in the painting. He had glossy lips, not that he had any intention to smooch/nibble/kiss/bite…

*…? What the heck I’m thinking gross!*

“Is there something wrong Mickey mouse?” Shank land asked.

“Huh…” when did he enter?

“Well?” He asked further.

“No sir, everything is fine.” Yoochun assured. He had thinking too much, so what if she does like him? What if Jaejoong too does like her? He was really afraid at the result of these two.
____________________________________________________________________
Jaejoong was not looking forward to class; he had been feeling sick for about a week now. He didn’t know what to do. His studies weren’t troubling him at all but his overwhelming sense of feeling was hurting his brain. He needed to tell someone about this.
Junsu hadn’t talked to him since morning; of course he was mad as Ga-in. he really thought her deserved it. Then he noticed someone…not someone…it was Hara. How could fate be so cruel to make him see her whenever Yoochun was not around? Hara was just walking but then she stopped noticing him. She questioningly looked at him; of course anyone would wonder why he was standing there like that. She waved at him whatsoever putting aside the fact that he had been very rude to her.
She walked towards him hoping to ask how he had been instead he looked away and left her alone before she could say anything. She was only about to say hi/how are you?

“Why does he act like that? It’s not like I’m going to eat him, or him trying to forget me…” she mumbled then realized her own words.

“Trying to forget me? Is he…does he feel the same too?” She kept mumbling in the middle of the busy corridor. She was stunt for a moment.

‘Fine! You want me to hate you I will hate you! But I will never force myself to love another just because you told me so.’ She walked the opposite way to her class. She has a class upcoming with Yoochun and that Girly man. She’s not going to miss her class for him.
____________________________________________________________________
Ga-in stood up without waiting for Junsu and headed out for class. That was way too irritating to keep tolerating. She didn’t have to avoid him…ok so he was not nice to her but she didn’t have to be this rough.

“Ga-in wait woman!” He called causing some attention from others. No one ever had the guts to call her that. She stopped…then turned around; walked back to Junsu with a glare on her face. He smiled on her face showing his white perfect teeth.

She opened to say something…but couldn’t…his glee was too cute…like a duck. She couldn’t smack off the taller one. She humped and turned around; walking away.
His smile got wider with her reaction feeling the stone hitting the spot. He didn’t call her further. As he turned the other way around, he saw that horse looking boy-Sungmin walking alone. He was in a good mood so…

“Yo Sungmin…” he called. Sungmin jolted out of shock as he saw Junsu.

“Hyung! Hello, I was expecting to see you and…” Junsu roughly put his arms around him, showing as if hugging a little brother but strangling him.

“And what my dear junior? How about we have little snacks on our way?” Junsu started giving Sungmin a noogie.

“Uh…I’m fine Hyung fine…” he stuttered.

“No I must give you a treat for helping me with Ga-in, you know, or else I wouldn’t have known her better.” Then he repeated his own words into his mind. That was true, without Sungmin he never would have known about Ga-in. he couldn’t be luckier than to meet her…he could never talk to any girl back at SM and the one he did had to leave school.
He let Sungmin go; Sungmin quickly scrambled away.
__________________________________________________________________
Ga-in walked into the field, wondering about why she couldn’t blow Junsu off. She had to tackle with many guys before…yes she did…but she was a loner back that time…having no friend…no support, which was why she couldn’t care less about others. But what happened to her now? That boy was totally irritating her in her mind.

“Damn you Junsu…what are you doing?” she muttered.
Her cell suddenly rang…she took it out and saw the caller. It was her dad…she received and held it to her ear.

“Hello father.” She mumbled.

“Ga-in sweet heart, when will you be free?”

“I have another class next. Why do you ask?” she asked back.

“Oh, dear did you forget? The Kang’s have invited us for their 25th anniversary…we were invited remember? Of course I cant attend the party so you have be there to represent our industry.”
The Kang’s…she knew them…and she knew their only child perfectly…of course the incident…she never wanted to go ever again.

“Dad I don’t feel ok, can’t I miss this? Plus I don’t have any friends there…”

“Don’t give me that excuse, you will go or else what will others think? Are you going let others bad talk about the Son family?” he stated, not in a fatherly way of course. She was quiet for few seconds…

“No I will not. I will be there.” She muttered.

“Excellent, be there by nine.” He hung up.

“Bye to you too dad.” She mumbled to the beeping cell.
Her eyes were lightly burning and she felt sleepy. She put her hand on her forehead. She was fine…mostly.
______________________________________________________________________________
Hara was extremely pissed…she went to her class where she saw both Jaejoong and Yoochun. Jaejoong didn’t even look at her but Yoochun greeted her. She smiled at him and sat beside him…she was thinking of telling Yoochun everything. She didn’t want to play this boy, he seemed too innocent for that.
She took a piece of paper and wrote something on it; she passed it to Yoochun, who took and read in mind.

‘There is something I need to tell you alone, right after class.’
______________________________________________________________________
Minyoung couldn’t see Ga-in anywhere. She was supposed to be in class with her…she texted her asking where she was. She was replied back stating-

‘Important work came up. Please tell Mr. Pao on about it.’
Minyoung replied with an agreement; she looked above lightly massaging her neck. It was lightly aching. She saw sprinkles of powder fall from the upper board ceiling which was placed above the 2nd row. It seemed it might fall off any moment but she wasn’t so sure…
Then what seemed like few moments, she heard cracking sounds…why couldn’t anyone else hear it…of course, there wasn’t anything to hear but to see. More powder of the board fell, she quickly went up to the girl who was about to sit on the second row.
The girl seemed confused as to whether Daemul was bullying her or showing superiority, when she didn’t budge…Minyoung quickly pulled her out of the way and the board fell right over the table.

Students gasped and moved both of the girls out of the way…Minyoung was lightly shaking about what she had just done…they were sure that the class might not be taken today

“Thank you Daemul…” the girl shakily said.

“You’re welcome.”
______________________________________________________________
While the class was about to start, a woman interfered and whispered something into Professor Masum’s ears. He nodded lightly and looked at the students.

“Due to sudden accident in Mr Pao on’s class, our class will be dismissed for now and it will not open till 4 days later.” He announced.

“What?”

“Why?”

“What happened?”

“Accident?”

“Now, now settle down. Nobody was hurt, our campus needs re-equipping…so please I hope you all co-operate. All the other classes will be suspended till 4 days and those who are absent will be known by authority…so class dismissed for now students.” He said and the students started packing up. Hara was exceptionally looking forward to the class today and she was mentally prepared to tell him everything but the sudden dismissal was too quick and she wasn’t ready now.
She went to the professor knowing that Minyoung and ga-in was in the class of Pao on.

“Sir my friends were in that class, could you tell me more about it?” She asked. Yoochun was standing behind her while Jaejoong stood two seats away.

“Well, the ceiling board fell on the 2nd row seat but fortunately the student about to sit there was pulled away by Daemul…I mean Miss Park.” He corrected his mistake.

“Minyoung? Where is she? Is she alright?” Hara got more tensed.

“She’s fine…I’m sure Mr. Pao on is pushing her into the nurse cabinet.” He said.

She didn’t waste any time and walked out of the room, with Yoochun tagging along with her. Jaejoong thought he should see her too. He followed them to the nurse’s.

They barged into the room only to find Minyoung and another girl sitting. The nurse was checking her hands, face etc. none of them were hurt.

“How did you guys know I was here?” she asked.

“Professor told us. Are you ok dear?” hara concernedly asked.

“Hara not you too…the nurse and Naidu had been asking the same thing.” She pointed at the other girl Naidu.

“Thanks again Minyoung…” Naidu smiled at her.

“You’re welcome, nurse can I go now?” Daemul asked permission.

“Alright you go, Naidu you stay, I’m still not sure about you. Enjoy your holiday.” The nurse said and let Daemul go.
Once they were out Hara asked about Ga-in.

“She had to leave for work…she didn’t tell me. Please tell her about the 4 days dismissal.” Minyoung said.

“More like vacation.” Yoochun added.

“Oh yes I forgot about you.” Minyoung remarked, then she noticed Jaejoong standing behind Yoochun silently.

“What happened to you Jaejoong?” Minyoung asked, Hara’s face darkened realizing his presence.

“Huh…nothing…it’s good you’re fine.” He stated.

“Thank you for your concern…” she replied. Yoochun looked at the two wondering why his Hyung was so shy to talk to her. Unless he was sick or…no way he liked her?
A smile crept up to Yoochun’s lips thinking about these two, he would have to ask Hara whether she noticed it.

“Where is Junsu?” Hara asked noticing his absence.

“You call me and I’m present.” He called from afar. He came with a wide smile on his face and…slowly hugged Jaejoong, and then hugged Yoochun.

“What’s wrong with you?” Yoochun asked looking at the weirdo.

“Nothing, I feel like flying.” He said.

“How about I push you off the roof?” Hara stated.

“That would be…no not lovely. Girl, you better not be this cruel to my Hyung.” Junsu said looking at her. He didn’t specify which Hyung he meant.

“Junsu let’s go home.” Yoochun lightly hugged the guy and “But I am driving.” He added.

“You always drive.” Junsu said.

“Mind dropping us guys?” Hara asked.

“Of course girls…but I’m stepping out in the middle…I have to go…to the mall.” Junsu said hiding his head a little.

“Mall? Seriously we could bear one Ga-in now another.” Hara teased.

“I have a party to attend, a family party otherwise I would have taken my Hyungs with me.”

“Ahh fear not…Jaejoong doesn’t like parties and I had plenty of those in the past.” Yoochun said looking at Jaejoong. Minyoung noticed his face…he didn’t look too good.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Junsu sighed and stepped into the store…his mother had forced him instead of his older fraternal twin brother to go to some sort of puke ball. Why was here alone then? Oh yes! He had a stomach cramp from overeating junk food. Junho had winked at him when Junsu asked about his brethren.

“Show me something good please…which the girls would run away…” he said. The man looked at him for a moment. He had known this boy for couple of years now, he always chooses something that would make girls go away…but of course they don’t.

“How about this one? this would surely make girls run away from you.” The man showed a silverfish black suit. He really liked the colour…

“Alright pack it.” He said.
__________________________________________________
9:00 pm, lots of guests yada yada yada. Bored, extremely bored, nothing to do…Junsu just entered the mansion representing Kim blah blah blah blah.
He was introduced as usual, hugs from elders, kisses from older women and asking about family’s condition. Then girl looking at him, giggling at him etc. this was the first time he ever came here…before that his brother did, but he had only heard about them. Their only child-a girl- had died 3 months ago for some reason. He didn’t know much about it.

“Dear why don’t you ask a girl to dance? Talk and have fun dear…your brother was very fun boy.” Julia, also Mrs. Kang spoke in English. Didn’t her child die? How could she still ask such a thing? In fact how can the parents still hold a party after their daughter had died?
He only smiled…maybe they were like that…he looked around but found no pictures of a young girl…they have removed all the pictures of the girl…he walked on not really caring…he was just thinking, if he had died would his parents remove his pictures too? Will they still hold anniversary?
Not really realizing he walked out in their garden…the sky was lightly filled with moonlight…the music faded as he walked further…there was only one person in the garden-a woman- she was standing near their fountain her back facing him.
She was wearing a silver shiny gown which now reflected the moonlight…she had small hair to her neck…he could tell she was young. The gown reached to her feet making it look like she could glide then fly up in the sky.


‘She must be bored just as I am…why not talk to the lady…then again she might think I’m a flirt.’
She noticed his presence causing her to tilt her head.
She turned around and…

“Ga-in…?” Junsu was startled.

“Junsu?” she asked back.

“What are you doing here?” they both asked at the same time.
They stopped…Ga-in sighed…

“What?” Junsu asked.

“Nothing…who are you representing here?” she calmly asked.

“KJ’s…I’m representing the Kim J’s. What about you?” he asked back.

“I’m representing Sons…” she answered. They both became quiet making it so weird for the boy, for a moment he was admiring the lady who turned out to be Piper.

“Well…you look nice in that outfit…” he complimented looking away.

“Huh…thank you…you look dashing.” She silently said.
Again an awkward silence came in between.

“So…are you alone?” he asked.

“Yeah, my father sent me here…” she said.

“Well I’m alone too and here for the first time…” Junsu stated.

“really? I have been attending their parties for a long time now…who attended before you then?” she asked.

“Well, my brother Junho did. He has a cramp now so I was sent.”

“Kim Junho? I heard about him, I even saw him catching the entire girl’s attention. He’s very handsome…you took the same feature.” She smirked.

“Well, we’re twins so I didn’t take anything. It might be opposite too…” Junsu narrowed his eyes. Ga-in chuckled a bit then silenced.

“You might be used to this party since you came here before…why are you outside then?” he asked.

“Well, I knew their daughter…she was a good friend of mine…but…” she trailed off.

“oh…I’m sorry about that.” Junsu felt remorse for Ga-in…losing a good friend was a very tragic thing.

“As you noticed, they are still having a party.” She stated with a sarcastic smile on her face. “I guess every rich family does the same thing.” She added looking away.

“I haven’t even seen any of her pictures…” Junsu said.

“How will you, they removed every one of them.” She said with a bit of force. Junsu could tell she was angry…

“Ga-in…” he walked towards her “Its ok, you can talk about it…” he said.
She shook her head lightly and sat beside the fountain. The wind brushed through them lightly shivering Ga-in, though she didn’t show it. She only inhaled a little…Junsu opened his coat and put it onto her.
She didn’t budge, only surprised at his conduct. She didn’t dare look at him neither said anything. She wasn’t going to let him see her weakness.

“Piper, this isn’t the piper I know…she would always pick on me, tease me, annoy me…why is this piper so gloomy?” he teased.
She didn’t say anything…only looked down.

“I swear Junsu; the day I find the cause of her death will be the end of his day.” She muttered.

“What do you mean?” Junsu asked.

“She was killed…because of a guy.” She gritted her teeth.
Junsu was a bit astounded, he hadn’t heard about it…
He sat in front of her; trying to look at her face…which was covered with her hair…he lightly removed it causing her to back away.

“It’s ok…I’m just…” he couldn’t explain what he was trying to do…comfort her or closing in on her. He quickly looked away…he had never been so warm to a girl besides Julie. On top of that he never thought of Julie more than a classmate he came to care about.
Ga-in opened the coat and gave it back to Junsu.

“Thanks for the coat Junsu, I really appreciate it.” She quickly said and stood up.

“You’re leaving already?” he asked.

“…Yeah, I’ve been here for a long time…you enjoy…there are plenty of girls around, dance with them.” She said and turned to leave when Junsu quickly held her hand.

“You dance with me.” He forwardly asked, quite surprised at himself. He didn’t know why he just asked her…was he trying to annoy her or prove who’s a better dancer.

“Are you out of your mind? You just straightly asked me for a dance.” She stated.

“Yeah…so what? You can’t dance or you chicken…piper?” He emphasized the word chicken.

“Oh no, no, no…you do not call me chicken here duck .” She gave her most killer smile ever. Junsu growled at the duck part.

“You and me on the dance floor, let’s see who is a better dancer and who attracts most opposite gender.” He said.

“I can do that without even dancing. But you’re on dolphin.”
They both marched inside…Junsu went up to the musical group and whispered something paying a little extra to the guys. They nodded and started playing a Spanish salsa beat with conga, cello, violin and piano.
That took a lot of people’s attention…especially young ones. Junsu heated up the mood starting with offering his hand to Ga-in. she accepted his hand and stepped onto the floor.
His hand quickly went to her waist…and the twisting started. Their feet moved back and forth in rhythm; then Junsu smoothly but energetically turned her around as her dress turned along with her. This time he held her much close to his body now and gained some ‘ooohs’.
Junsu left one of her hand and as if threw her on one side, she reflexively came back holding his other hand and quickly climbed onto his lap with the beat. He slowly put her down and let both of her hands go. She walked forwards getting many offers from other guys while Junsu getting few offers from girls.
They both accepted and danced with their partners. The party got more enjoyable as others joined with partners. The older couples couldn’t help themselves and joined too.
Ga-in noticed how people were enjoying then noticed the dancing dolphin earning so many kisses on the cheek and compliments in the middle of the dance. She walked towards the Kang at a corner. They were smiling as ga-in approached them.

“You know dear? I thought you wouldn’t come here let alone enjoy…you used to do that with our daughter.” Mrs. Kang said.

“I’m sorry…I thought you have forgotten her.” Ga-in said.

“No, we didn’t…she had made us promise to throw our anniversary party even after her death.” Mr. Kang said.
She smiled then looked at the crowd. Junsu noticed her with the Kang’s and waved at her. She held her hand responding to it.

“He’s very handsome and party people just like his brother.” Mrs. Kang said.

“You two do look good together.” Mr. Kang remarked.

“We? No way, he’s a dolphin.” Ga-in denied.

“Dolphins are smart…and cute.” They both stated.
________________________________________________________
The party was almost over and Ga-in had to go home…of course the Kang’s suggested Junsu to drop her home. She had sent the car back so yeah she was stuck with him.

“You know you’re not bad attracting men…they do seem to find you y.” Junsu said as he drove.

“Don’t play me dolphin, I know you don’t want to admit you lost.” She said.

“I’m not playing you…of course they might only be interested in you because of your dress…it is a bit revealing.” He said.

“What’s it to you? My dad doesn’t say anything about it.”

“What will you husband say when he sees you wearing it attracting guys?” he seriously asked.

“None of your business, but just to tell you, my husband will be fine what I wear and of course I have a bit common sense what to wear…we will present ourselves like that so no one would dare come near me without passing my husband. We will have that aura…” she stated quite logically. Actually it does depend how people present themselves.

“Alright don’t get so pissed…here we are…now get out.” Junsu said.

“You don’t have to be so bossy; I don’t intent to stay in your car anyway…it stinks.” She got out and slammed the door. Junsu got out too just faring her well.

“Hope not to see you tomorrow cruella.” Junsu smirked.

“Don’t worry; I rather jump in a well.” She smiled as well.

“I’ll help you for it darling.”

“So sweet of you, then I’ll take you with me.” She blew a burning kiss towards him with her two fingers. Junsu’s smile still remained on his face…they enjoyed the time. He lightly smiled.

“Good night.” He said and got into his car.

“Good night.” She said and the car drove off.
She slowly walked to her place…she never thought she would have a good time with a boy…she was a boy hater after all. She might consider that brat as a very good friend and she can put her trust in a boy for the first time…however unknown to her Junsu was thinking something else in his car. He was thinking of her something closer than a friend…a thought which Ga-in wouldn’t want to think.
___________________________________________________________________________________