Clarification

Maestro

Junsu, after arriving home, was greeted by his brother and his sister in law, Jaemin, along with his parents. He had been out so long that they missed him. He missed them too; he missed them a lot.

“I’ve been hearing things Junsu.”    He saw his mother smirking at his brother and Jaemin.

“What are you talking about?”   He looked at his family; unaware of the rumour.

“You and the Son girl.”    Jaemin cooed; tickling his chin. She always did that ever since she saw him. Of course Junho didn’t mind.

“Ga-in? There are rumours on us?”      His eyes widened.

“Of course!”   His mother exclaimed.    “Who wouldn’t know? You two study together and even danced together and went for a vacation together. Who wouldn’t know?”    His mother pouted.

“I swear mother it’s nothing you should be worried about.”    Junsu tried to explain when his brother patted on his shoulder, hard.

“Congrats! You managed to befriend the ice-girl.”

“What?”

“Oh we know all about her. She shut herself off after the Kang’s heir died. Sure she had some bad rumours of mixing with the wrong crowd but she came out and is studying peacefully. Of course she successfully scared of suitors and you were the only one who managed to go straight in her heart.”

“Wait…”    Junsu tried to think straight.    “You’re not mad?”

“So there is something between you two!”    Jaemin exclaimed.      “Of course mammy isn’t mad. No one’s mad. She’s a tough girl.”

Junsu’s face became poker like. He blinked few times while his family pinched his cheeks and ruffled his head. He was simply stunned. But then…this was a funny situation.

He ended up laughing to himself.

“Invite her here for once. I’m sure Mr. Son won’t mind.”

No…he wouldn’t…he’s a weird man.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun was invited for a picnic time by the Park family. Well it happened like this: while Yoochun was sleeping peacefully after last night’s party; his sleep was broken due to a call on the phone. Of course the call was transferred through hotel’s line and that’s when a message was delivered.

“Miss Minyoung had said that her family invited you to a picnic at 4 at evening sir.”

So he was invited and he was already at the Park villa. That was when he saw all of them were taking out baskets and mattresses and other things. He rushed to help Minyoung’s father.

“Where are we going?”    Yoochun asked helping Mr. Park to put away another huge basket.

“To Richmond Park. It’s beautiful; you’ll love it.”

“Wow. I only saw pictures of it, never had the chance to visit it myself. This vacation is one of the best!”     He felt like talking to someone of his own.

“Well it was my idea to invite you.”    Misook/Mrs. Park came out with Stefan who was carrying few flasks.

“Let me carry those, young man.”     Yoochun took them out of Stefan’s hand when he thanked him.

“Where is Minyoung?”

“Oh…she’ll be out in a few.”     Stefan answered; proceeding to the van. That was when she came out wearing her normal clothes. It felt like years since he saw her in normal clothes and tightly braided hair. He liked her better this way.

He liked this Minyoung better than the Minyoung last night or the mystery girl on the hill.

He still had to tell her that he knows. He feels bad keeping her in the dark but…he is afraid that she will be mad.

“Evening Yoochun.”

“Daemul…”    he was sure her father was curious why Yoochun would call his daughter ‘a man’ and above that ‘big man’.

“Chop-chop.”    Mr. Park clapped his hands and all preceded in the car but he stopped Yoochun with a request.      “Could you drive? I’m a bit hazy.”

“Of course Mr. Park.”    He was more than obliged to do it but what Mr. Park was doing was keeping Minyoung from sitting with him even though she wouldn’t.

Neither would Yoochun though, but Mr. Park just didn’t want to give any chance.

Misook observed her husband’s face when he went to the back seat with Stefan and Minyoung. She frowned for his behavior although neither Yoochun nor Minyoung understood it…she did and she wasn’t happy.

She had enough of pressuring Minyoung with norms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well for once Jaejoong felt lonely because none of his friends were here and Hara left with her family and his own family was spending a vacation with their own friends. He had no idea what to do so he decided to call his mother.

“Jaejoong? How are you?”    His mother had the unusual tone of surprise. She was always the type to own son.

“Mom…I’m bored…what to do?”

“What about the people you were spending your vacations with? What was the name again? Hara! Right…what about Hara?”

Being a stupid, he told his mother everything about Hara and situations that happened. He just couldn’t keep all these secrets. Of course his mother face palmed herself on behalf of Jaejoong because he turned out to be such a woman.

“Her father had a so they returned to Jeolla…and friends are all with their family so…I’m bored and alone.”

“Oh dear…”   He heard the disappointed tone of his mother.   “Then do what a man should do. You visit Jeolla! Seems like her father likes you so you visit them! Are you that stupid?”

Maybe I am…

“Thanks mother…”   he smiled to himself.

How come mothers know all the solutions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun and Stefan were playing baseball in the park while the rest were setting out the food. After being done Misook called out to the boys and they came along eagerly. Setting their hungry eyes on the colourful items, their mouth almost drooled.

“You two look like little mice.”    Mr. Park teased the boys and ended up laughing. Stefan whined for such a comment while Yoochun rubbed his neck in embarrassment. Minyoung chuckled to herself agreeing with the comment. He does look like a mouse…a big one.

“Jump in everyone!”   Misook announced and the boys, including Mr. Park started hoarding them down their throats.

“Now who looks like a hungry mouse?”   Stefan indicated his father. After a huge feast, the men started rubbing their bellies while the women were sipping on their tea.

“I think I need a walk.”    Mr. Park murmured out, unable to breathe in since his stomach had little space.

“I think I need one too.”   Yoochun grunted out agreeing with him.   “What say Stefan?”

“Nah…”   he lied down on the mattress.    “I’ll stay here listening to the girls’ boring chit-chat.”    Misook immediately smacked his head.    “Ow! Mother…fine sorry. I’ll stay here.”    He would stay here nevertheless.

“Alright. We’ll go for a walk then.”     Yoochun stood up along with Mr. Park and started walking away. Misook narrowed her eyes again; hoping he would not say anything stupid.

“Mother?”

“Hmm?”   She looked at Minyoung.

“What’s the matter? You look anxious.”

“Ah!”   She started giggling to herself.   “Nothing, absolutely nothing. Let’s drink.”    She sipped onto her tea again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun and Mr. Park sat on the ground near the lake to rest and observed the beauty before them. The full belly made them sleepy but they were trying their best not to doze off. Mr. Park lay on the grass and stared at the sky.

“Yoochun…”

“Yes sir…”

“Don’t call me that.”    He retorted.   “Tell me about yourself.”

“What do you want to know Mr. Park?”     Yoochun casually asked.

“Like your family. How many are there in your family?”

“Well…my mother and my younger brother.”

“Father?”    Mr. Park looked at Yoochun sideways.

“Died about 4 years ago. Never really talked to anyone about it. Minyoung never asked but I could see she assumed. She never really noses in others’ businesses.”

Mr. Park wondered why Yoochun suddenly started talking about his daughter. He asked about his family not what his daughter thought about it.

“She was always like that. So…any girlfriend?”

Yoochun ended up laughing surprising Mr. Park. It was normal for men this age to have girlfriends. He couldn’t figure out why Yoochun would laugh.

“None…never really understood that matter. I thought I knew everything about love and relationships but…as days went by I got more confused about it. So I have given up thinking about it.”

That assured Mr. Park in one way. He wasn’t trying to get Minyoung. He didn’t even understand whether he liked Minyoung or not. This kid is sure weird.

“You’re weird kid. Most already assume they know all and have several relationships. They break down and they start anew but they never get the real meaning behind it. They think, it is all about knowing the others’ likes and dislikes. Sure, it is about knowing, but there is more to it. Like if one of the ‘likes’ is a bad thing, you have the obligation to set the person to right path. This is, understanding and caring and protecting. You do it like a real family.”

“Spoken like a true man Mr. Park. That’s why I’m not pursuing anyone…I’m plain confused. Maybe I’ll find someone who knows me and likes what I like but at the same time set me on the right path…someone like a friend. But Mr. Park…”

“What is it?”

“You look like you never had fun with Mrs. Park…”

Mr. Park looked bewildered. It hit him real hard…ever since their marriage, not once they had gone out like lovers but she never complained.

“I know it should not be my place but I realized that last night…the way she looked as if she never had the opportunity to have fun…sometimes having fun is good. If you want I can give you some advice on how to have fun. Just like you advised me on love.”

“You’re real smooth kid…I like you. I wonder why you’re not the playboy.”

“I once was…but soon lost interest.”

“You like someone I presume.”

“Not sure…there were so many.”

“You’re so hopeless Yoochun.”

“I know…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting bored of the womanly talk, Stefan left the ladies with their tea with his baseball and bat. He kept throwing the ball up high and hit it with his bat. The ball flew far away from him and the spot where the women were. With the last hit it flew where his father and Yoochun were.

“Stefan what are you doing?”   His father asked.

“Playing. Got bored of the chit-chat.”

“Be careful. Don’t go near the lake.”

“Yeah dad.”   Stefan kept on juggling with the ball, making sure it did not fell on the lake.

“Stefan is a good kid.”    Yoochun mumbled.    “My brother was once this cute.”

“What is he now?”

“A brat…”    He smiled.     “Always with his friends and not once with family.”

“Kids sure grow fast. Minyoung on the other hand remained how she was…”

“Minyoung…is a real mother hen…”

The ball fell on the water and Stefan was trying to get it back with his bat.

“Stefan, be careful!”    His father exclaimed but Stefan soon got the ball to his hand and he waved at his father assuring he was fin. He resumed playing.

Both men observed the surroundings. It was nice and Yoochun was tempted to ask Minyoung to play her violin if she had brought one. He was already thinking of a tune in his head and it sounded like a lullaby. But a splash, interfered his mind. His head snapped and Stefan was no longer there.

“STEFAN!”   His father yelled and rushed near the lake with Yoochun.

“We must jump!”     Yoochun opened his jacket and jumped in before Mr. Park could himself. Yoochun dived in deeper and saw Stefan struggling inside the water with the baseball in hand. Stefan didn’t know how to swim. Yoochun held the little boy and quickly swam above. Stefan gasped plenty of air and coughed. The cold was unbearable to the kid.

“Stefan!”    His father yelled out and pulled the shivering boy out of water. His father put Yoochun’s jacket on him and rubbed his shoulder. The ball remained in Stefan’s hand….

“You idiot! I told you not to go near the lake!”    He yelled at his son.     “And you’re still holding onto that ball. Throw it away!”     His father was angry and he was venting it off the ball. Yoochun shivered himself but noticed Stefan’s blue face.

“I won’t!”    Stefan responded loudly.    “Sis gave me this ball and I won’t let go of it!”    Yoochun was awed at Stefan’s close bond with his sister.

Mr. Park said nothing further and walked with his son in his arms and Yoochun tagged along rubbing his arms.

“Sorry Brother Yoochun…you had to dive in for me…”   Stefan apologized but Yoochun couldn’t be angry with the kid with his reason. Somehow if she had given something to him…he would have dived in too to save the object.

When they arrived at their spot, both women rushed to them and Minyoung opened her coat and wrapped it around Yoochun because hers were big enough to cover him.

Yoochun gaped at her, not because she was giving him a girly looking coat but because she was actually showing concern for him on her own accordance. She never did anything on her own accordance.

“We should go home…”    Misook mumbled packing everything and the rest nodded. She didn’t ask anything because this was not the time for it. Once they got in the van, Mr. Park started driving while Misook was trying everything to keep Yoochun warm while Minyoung was keeping her brother warm.

“What happened?”    Misook finally asked.

“Stupid kid was playing near the lake. His baseball fell and he…somehow slipped in.”     Mr. Park explained.       “Good thing Yoochun acted quick.”

After arriving home, Minyoung took Stefan to his room and Misook attended to Yoochun. Their father took out clothes and handed to him. After changing, he saw Minyoung coming in.

“Stefan’s having a fever…”

“Obvious…”    Misook murmured while Yoochun remained quiet. Mr. Park was hating the silence; thus he spoke out.

“Yoochun, you will be staying with us tonight.”

“What?”    All were shocked.    “But I can’t Mr. Park. How can I?”

“Why not? What if you have a fever too? Who will care for you at the hotel?”    Mr. Park reasoned. Yoochun looked at Minyoung fearing whether it made her uncomfortable.      “No objections I hear…so it’s settled.”

“I’ll clean the guestroom them.”    Misook softly smiled and walked out the room while Minyoung smiled at Yoochun and went to make dinner. Yoochun was left alone with the head of the house. Mr. Park turned to Yoochun.

“That was admirable Yoochun…you dived in without caring for a second…thank you.”

“Please don’t mention it!”   He blushed madly.    “I would have done it for anyone.”

“Exactly…so I know you didn’t have any self preference for it. You generally are a good man. I doubted you since your first arrival. I apologize for my bad thinking of you.”

This meant a lot to Yoochun…having the father figure on his head. He really missed his father.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were at the dinner table however Stefan was in his room with Minyoung. She was feeding him.

“Yoochun are you feeling alright? Do you feel feverish?”    Misook asked while eating.

“No Mrs. Park. I’m perfectly fine. Stefan is young so it’s obvious for him to have a fever but not me.”     He casually answered.

“Have you called your family? You should. Let them know. They could be worried about you and you’re welcome to use the phone.”      She added and he nodded. Soon Minyoung came out with an empty plate and sat beside her mother.

“I put him to sleep. Good thing he finished the food.”   She stated taking food on her plate. Since the incident Yoochun and Minyoung didn’t converse much. The dinner went with chit-chats mostly between the parents and Yoochun. Minyoung was mostly quiet because she thought it was better for them to get along. After dinner, while Minyoung was putting the dishes away, Mr. Park and Mrs. Park were sipping onto tea.

“Yoochun, if you get hungry in the middle of the night, you can take some instant noodles out of the third cupboard. There are all sorts of flavor, pick any you like.”    Misook stated, while sipping on her tea.

“That’s really kind of you Mrs. Park. Thank you.”

“Would you like to go to bed now?”    Minyoung spoke for the first time in hours.

“Can I check on Stefan first?”     Minyoung nodded and led him to his room passing the deck. He was sound asleep.

“Poor kid…he never let go of the baseball. Even after Mr. Park shouted at him and told him to throw it away…he didn’t. He said that it was given by you.”    He stated coming out in the deck. The sky turned black and the leaves blew in the light wind.

“Minyoung.”   He noticed her glum face.    “What’s the matter?”

She looked at him blankly.

“Thank you…”

“You sound…sad for some reason. Don’t tell me…”    He could guess.    “He dived because of the object you gave him and now…you’re feeling guilty.”     He could read her like an open book.

“Is it that obvious?”   She asked.

“No…most would think you’re disappointed because your brother didn’t die.”   He chuckled.    “But…I just learned what those expressions are.”

“I’m disappointed alright…keep pulling on people with me to drown…”

“Not gonna say anything to that because you still haven’t learned after everything I’ve told you.”

“Go to bed. I’ll be sleeping with Stefan tonight.”

“Yeah…night.”    Yoochun walked out of the deck and climbed down having the serious face. He just hated her self-blaming mode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misook was right because it was 1:30 am and his stomach grumbled. He wanted to eat but wondered whether it was alright to just barge in the kitchen. But then…Misook did allow him to do so. Walking out in the kitchen, he opened the cupboard and took out vegetable flavoured instant noodles.

“You’re hungry too?”   He was startled and turned around to see Mr. Park; standing there with a sheepish glee.

“You scared me Mr. Park. You hungry as well?”

“Yep…that dinner was too small for me. What flavor are you having?”

“Vegetable.”

“Is there chicken?”

Yoochun looked into the cupboard and took out a chicken flavoured one and shut the cupboard.

“Nice! Throw it.”    Yoochun threw it to Mr. Park who caught it easily.      “I’ll set the hot water.”

Mr. Park heated the water while Yoochun made coffee. After finishing them, they took a seat on the couch with coffee and noodles.

“So Yoochun…something is bothering you.”

“How did you guess?”

“I saw your face after checking on Stefan. Is there anything wrong?”

“Well…”    he didn’t know how to say it.   “It’s just I hate it when Minyoung blames herself for everything.”      He casually said.

“She is blaming herself for Stefan…isn’t she?”

“Yeah…has she always been like this?”    Yoochun slurped on his noodles.

“Not always…well mostly. It started with her mother’s death but she overcame it with Misook and her friends but…”   he sighed.

“What is it?”    Yoochun asked.

“I am hoping that my girl wouldn’t kill me for this. You see…she didn’t even share it with her friends.”

“Hara and Ga-in…why not share with them? They are the closest.”

“Yeah…but I can tell you because I can tell you won’t rat me out…or maybe you would; who knows?”   he ended up chuckling and Yoochun smiled.

“But I want to know…I want to know it from her but I know she wont tell me and I don’t want to force her yet I want to know.”

“Now you are confusing me…how about I just tell you?”    Yoochun nodded.    “Basically the main thing started when she was 16. After her last vocation in South Korea, she returned to start her college here and we decided that she could visit homeland in each summer vacation to spend time with her friends and stay over at the Koo’s. That’s when things went wrong.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

After joining college, Minyoung got busier with life. Her communication with her friends lessened but she contacted them nevertheless but never could she share her school life with them. She couldn’t make friends at first instance because of her introvert nature but she managed to talk to people.

She became known for her brains and obedience but not popular. Most didn’t talk to her because they never needed to. Her life at college was go to class, attend them, and come home. She had no extracurricular activities but soon she joined the music club with violin.

Her skills were soon appreciated by students and she joined competition with her team and won few. Her talent was known to all and that was where problems began. None of them could suspect this would happen.

A senior boy, Hallett Liam Johnson, soon noticed her. Apart from being popular, he had mixed with the wrong crowd. He was a known delinquent but he had admirers.

His grey eyes were captivating and his platinum hair was known to all.

While rushing out of class, she had accidently bumped into the boy who then set his eyes on her. Although her words were merely “Thank you” and “Bye” he kept thinking about her but she never noticed his attention.

Since then he would occasionally see her at her locker which he called ‘coincidence’. He would share small talks and soon Minyoung got to know about his huge financial status. She would often hear talks of him so she thought it was best to stay away because she didn’t want any attention. But the worst happened. The girls in her club noticed her acquaintances with Hallett and asked her.

“Is he your friend Minyoung?”    Minyoung looked at her cello mate.

“No…we coincidently meet near my locker. He doesn’t come and meet me, neither do I.”

“Minyoung…let me tell you something. He is quite admired by girls so…any further acquaintances would be dangerous for you. And how do you know whether its coincidence? He is quite the flirt. Don’t be fooled. Just ignore him from now on.”

She adhered to her words and Minyoung soon noticed that the meetings were indeed planned. She didn’t want trouble for herself. So she had to tell him when one of his coincidental meeting came.

“Hallett…is this really a coincidence?”

“Yes…why ask?”

“Please stop it. I do not want any trouble from your admirers. This will get serious.”

“Ok…”   he sighed.   “My apologies…I was meeting you on purpose. I like you.”

“That’s appreciated but this is not the way and…to be honest I do not feel the same. We can be friends at best.”

He stood there with a stunned face.

“Was that an outright rejection?”

“Whatever you make it out to be. I am grateful towards your feelings but please…any further accidental meeting could be dangerous for me.”    She bowed and walked out. She didn’t even want to be his friends.

She didn’t hide any of these and told her family but they dismissed them as trivial and assured her it would be fine. The next few days she didn’t see him and she was relieved until one night. After her self-defense class had ended; she was coming alone and that was when she noticed quite a lot of delinquents shouting at her. Fearing for her life-even with her skills-she ran; wanting to avoid any fight.

She was caught and she had to fight but they outnumbered her. She was pinned on the ground but she screamed for help. As if her cries were heard, she was saved by someone…and that someone was Hallett. She was shocked to see him and those thugs suddenly ran away with his mere presence. She was grateful and he gave her a ride home but he didn’t go inside her house.

She told her mother everything and when her father returned, she shared the story. But he was in a bad mood so he didn’t listen much. His car tire was punctured and the windows were smashed by a bunch of upper class kids who did these for fun. They even mocked him for being Asian and called him a dog eater. He saw them but didn’t bother complaining to the police.

After that day he approached her again and for the first time, she spoke normally to him but still remained friends. She shared the story with her music club who were finding this quite unbelievable. He knew her class schedule and her address so he offered to accompany her home after a self defense class but they arrived home by bus. That was when her father returned and she introduced him to her…but her father recognized him. He recognized Hallett.

“This is the boy who flattened my car tires with those punks! What are you doing with him?”

Hearing the commotion, Misook came out and Minyoung reminded him of the story. After hearing that Mr. Park guessed correct of the whole thug situation with her. Those were his boys whom he ordered to attack on her so he could save her…

It was his silence that proved it. She believed her father and she walked to him.

He was expecting her to slap Hallett…and so did Hallett but instead she thanked him.

“Thank you…at least you didn’t hurt me…but…you hurt my family…please don’t ever see me again. It’s best if we remain separate. I really wanted us to be friends but…you made it impossible.”    She told him to go away and not protesting much…he did. Her father didn’t say anything; neither did Misook but she kept apologizing to them for bringing such troubles.

“It’s not your fault. You never knew and you believed me…you even handled this maturely. You’ll be fine.”     Her father stated and shoved it off.

And she thought it would be fine…but it wasn’t.

The next day he approached her but this time he was rough. He wanted to talk to her but she gently told him to leave and he ended up screaming out in the corridor.

“WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? WHATEVER I DID, I DID IT FOR YOU! WHY CANT YOU APPRECIATE THAT?!”

The students stared at her as if she did something wrong and it gave them the wrong message. After he left she heard whispers of them asking each other what she did.

“Did she seduce him and ditch him?”

“Such manners.”

“What a less-character girl?”

“I thought she was a decent one…”

She heard them all…

She went home and told her parents…and her mother comforted her for it. She thought of speaking about this to the principal but Minyoung asked not to. But that night they heard commotion outside their house.

Hallett was outside their house, drunk and screaming. He was calling out for Minyoung. Soon the neighbours woke up and one of them called the police but they heard everything he said.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? GETTING MY ATTENTION AND THEN JUST TURN ME AWAY! YOU’RE NOTHING BUT AN ATTENTION SEEKER! YOU DON’T KNOW ME! I’LL GET YOU FOR THIS!”

People started talking…they started talking about their daughter. The police came with Hallett’s parents. Mr. Park finally confronted them for his manners and his father personally apologized for him.

“I will make sure he never does this again. He has always been a bad child.”

Minyoung was scared of going to class the next day but she had to go. However she heard people talking about her and she didn’t like the things they were saying.

“Did you hear? Hallett was drunk near their house and screaming for her.”

 “Oh what had she done to make him act like this?”

“She managed to make him mad…so desperate she is.”

“She brought shame on her own parents…”

“She should just kill herself…”

Conversations with her reduced…people were staying away from her. But her music club was still with her…they believed her because they knew beforehand. They supported her all the way. Summer was most supportive.

Hallett soon came back to school and acted as if everything was normal. Seeing his oblivious self, she remained the way she was. She did everything normally and not once bothered with his presence in the corridor or anywhere but it pissed him off. He thought she would at least look him…but she never did.

He was mad and decided to confront her on it. In the corridor he saw her walking alone and he rushed to her. He took her hand; startling her and started shouting at her.

“Why are you ignoring me?! Why is it that you are still acting as if nothing is wrong?!”

“Because nothing is wrong Hallett. Now please let me go…”    She calmly answered.

“I don’t get you! What does it take for you to like me?! Can you even guess what I felt that night when your father insulted me?!”

“My father spoke the truth…why do you think I wouldn’t believe him? You made trouble for my dad and you kept on troubling me. People think I did something whereas it was always you. Just because I didn’t say anything doesn’t mean I’ll be quiet. Now Hallett if you don’t let me go I’ll ask for a court’s restriction order.”

He slowly let her hand go and she walked away but she could still hear the girls.

“Why cant she just admit her own fault. Hallett can never lie.”

“Who does she think she is? She’s blaming Hallett for her own fault.”

“Chicks are always like this…”

She didn’t feel like sharing it…she was tired of all.

She didn’t go to school for the next two days feeling depressed because even after she mustered up her courage and confront him…people still didn’t believe her because of his status.

After her two days absence, one night, the door bell rang and Misook opened it to find Hallett’s father at their door.

“Mr. Johnson? What are you doing here?”

“Is my Hallett here?”   He could only ask.

“No…why?”

“He hasn’t come home for two days…please help me.”

Mr. Park couldn’t refuse and went out to search for him. Minoyung was worried genuinely…she hoped he wasn’t hurt because if he was…she would be blamed. She felt selfish to even think like that and not for his safety genuinely…

Fortunately they found him in a hospital but unfortunately he was too injured and in a coma. His belongings were stolen thus none could contact the families. This became a police matter and soon culprits were caught and they revealed the matter.

2 days ago, after her confrontation at the corridor, he went to drink alone and his group soon joined him. But they ended up fighting themselves because one of them remarked very badly of Minyoung which angered him and he jumped on them; cussing at them. Angered themselves, they charged on him and beaten him to a pulp; having enough of his orders. They left him; robbing all out of him.

He has been here ever since and he was badly hurt. Mr. Park kept on visiting the boy out of courtesy and Minyoung could no longer feel safe at school.

His admirers were really blaming her now.

“He got into a fight because of her.”

“Had she never entered his life, this wouldn’t have happened.”

“She’s such an attention .”

“I hope she’s happy now.”

She was sick of this…and soon she was called into the principal’s office. They were soothing her of the situation. They were asking her to move school or else the bullying could continue. Misook agreed and soon started looking for a school for her. She felt bad about her parents…she was bringing too much trouble for them.

That evening news came by…Hallett had woken up but he wanted to see her. She was hesitant but Misook took her; with her then 3 years old Stefan.

When she entered the hospital, she saw him plastered. She wondered how he could still live after all these. She was left alone by her parents and his.

  “I’m sorry…I’m so sorry Minyoung for everything.”

She remained quiet. She didn’t feel like appreciating it. She wanted him to die right them.

“I got so mad…never before I was so serious about a girl but I never realized that…I was hurting you.”

She wasn’t grateful at all.

“That night I was sure that I loved you…and I could do anything for you…even change for good…I guess I deserve this.”    He laughed lightly and looked at her.

“I guess you can never forgive me…”

“I have to go Hallett…bye…”    Those were the only words she said to him…and the last. After her departure she heard about his death at night. She was devastated because it happened as she wished.

He actually died and the only word she said to him was ‘bye’.

The next day Misook came to pick her up because she had to take her to the saloon but what she saw had angered her. She saw a group of girls bullying her physically; calling her names and pushing her around.

“Hallett died because of you !”

“You should ing kill yourself!”

“Go back to Korea you dog eater!”

“ing !”

“Minyoung!”    her mother yelled angrily which took all the attention.    “Get back in the car now!”   She shouted at her shocking Minyoung. She understood that she had disappointed her mother. She ran back to the car and her mother roughly drove off.

After coming home, she pulled Minyoung harshly in the house where her father was reading paper. Seeing such commotion he asked but she didn’t answer him. Misook shouted at Minyoung.

“From now on you’re not allowed to befriend any boy!”

“From now on you will not talk to any boy!”

“You will keep your mouth shut and keep everything to yourself!”

“You will not ask any help from any boy! You will not smile, laugh or be happy in front of any boy! Because every time you do those any boy will like you and die for you and you will always be blamed for it!”   Her voice got louder each time.

“Because no matter what we do we will always be at fault because we are women! We will always be blamed! It will always be our fault! We will always be , s, attention seekers and greedy es!”   She didn’t care about profanities.

“We will always be the core of bad…”    she ended up crying; Mr. Park went to sooth his wife recalling these incidents during their time. Misook was blamed and was a target of society bullying. Minyoung understood all…

Minyoung smiled at her mother and hugged her and soon feeling her mother hugging back.

“I will do as you say…”

“I’m sorry…I’m so sorry…it was never your fault.  You managed everything but these people weren’t letting it rest.”    They pulled away and Misook added.

“You’ll be changing schools…”

She nodded…she agreed with everything…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Soon she changed schools but managed to keep in contact with some…ever since then she became what she is now…she still visits his grave and we are still in touch with his family but…she changed forever. After finishing her college she decided to go back…to forget everything. I’m just surprised to see that you managed to befriend her.”

“It wasn’t easy…”   Yoochun stated trying to gulp all in. these weren’t normal for him…he felt like dying inside because she still bore the burden.

“We never really liked each other…but after certain incidents…we…kind of understood each other…”

“Really tell me…”

Yoochun smiled…at least tried to. He shared all the past incidents with Mr. Park…from their meeting till now.

But he really couldn’t shove out what he just found out. He still kept thinking as he went on about her.

Why would she keep all to herself?

Why not share with her friends?

It was never her fault…it never was.