Coping mind

Maestro

 

Finally pushing him away; she imprinted her hand on his face. As usual Jaejoong was stunned because somehow, stupidly, he thought she would be pleased with this. However she was not.

She felt humiliated more than ever.

 

“How dare you; kiss me without my permission?! Did you think your little kisses will undo every mistake of yours?! How could you think of me so low?!”

 

She screamed at him however beneath her angry tone, Jaejoong noticed her whimpers. He hung his head low; the rain had gotten heavier and the sound became louder.

 

“I’m sorry…”

It wasn’t loud enough due to the rain but Hara could read his lips.

 

“Sorry wouldn’t make everything fine. After what you did, you seriously thought I was going to forgive and forget?! I’m not like your SM girls! So stop thinking like that of me! Yoochun is a much better man than you!”

 

“I know…”

 

“If you do then you’d know by now that I don’t love you anymore. I have erased all of it.”

Hearing that; Jaejoong looked at her however his expression was not of surprise but a smile.

 

“I won’t give up on you…and I know you still love me.”

 

“Hah! As usual; conceited bastard! Always thinking that all girls will keep swooning over you even if you treat them like ! I am not any ! Now get lost!”

Somehow her present tone didn’t hurt him at all. It seemed more humorous to him. It felt like everything was fine between them and Hara’s anger was only a small problem he could fix.

 

However a girl’s wrath is never easy to fix.

She stomped her way to the building not caring of his presence any longer.

Laughing to himself; he left the place, happy that he had manned up and kissed her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Upon coming home, she was greeted by her father with a smile. Shaking her head; she ignored him and was climbing up to her room when Mr. Son asked.

 

“How was your day?”

 

“Why do you care?”

 

“Just answer nicely for once.”

 

“Good, whatever. Can I go now?”

 

“What about that Junsu boy?”

Stopping on her steps she cautiously asked her father.

 

“What about Junsu?”

 

“Oh nothing.”

Retracing her steps she expressed.

 

“You did something…didn’t you? Why must you always meddle with my life?”

 

“Now, now Ga-in…”

 

“No.”    She stood before her father and added.      “You stay away from him you got that?”

 

“I’m doing this for your own good…”

 

“ your sense of ‘goodness’!”

 

“Watch your mouth young lady.”

 

“Oh please. You don’t take your responsibility when needed and you show up imposing your rights on me. You stay away from both of us.”

Making her statement final she went up to her room suspecting he had done something to Junsu. Shutting the door loudly, she lied on her bed and dialed his number even though they had been during their classes.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi Junsu. What were you doing?”

 

“Uh…studying Ga-in. weren’t you studying?”

 

“Not really. Just wanted to talk to you.”

 

“Ga-in…I think we shouldn’t waste our time…we have exams and…”

 

“Alright.”    She cut him off.     “What did he say to you?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Who else? Mr. Son…my dad. What did he say to you?”

 

“Ga-in what are you talking about?”

 

“Don’t ing lie to me. Just tell me.”

After a moment of silence his voice was heard.

 

“No. you shouldn’t worry about this.”

 

“What? Junsu he has the wrong idea about you. You’re of an equal status of ours and…”

 

“No Ga-in…that’s not the issue. Just concentrate on your studies and I’m hanging up.”

Grunting silently she gave up.

 

“Ok…but this shouldn’t ruin what we have. We’re friends Junsu.”

 

“…Yes…yes we are. Bye now Piper.”

Bidding bye, she hung up and watched the ceiling. Somehow caring boy an opposite gender was scary.

 

“You love him…”

 

“Hara is crazy…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“There is one woman with the length of that hair. Light brown and plays violin…she is my batch mate now that I remember.”

Minyoung was trying to recall her name.

 

“Really?!”    It got him excited. He would finally see the woman he always admired.    “Could you tell me her name?”

Minyoung tried hard to remember. She had seen that girl plenty of times and she was quite polite and jolly. Although they never spoken to each other she should be able to remember her name.

 

“Ah! It’s Han Jimin.”

 

“Thank you so much Daemul! I owe you this one!”    Squeezing her on his chest all of a sudden; he dashed off leaving her.

She was startled for a bit with the sudden close contact but soon got over it with the thought what he might have needed the name for.

Well even if she didn’t want the burden to know…she was still curious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next morning Ga-in checked her schedules and the exam structures. Feeling bored, she shut off the computer and changed to go out. She didn’t like staying in her own home ever since her mother died. It didn’t feel like home anymore.

Wearing shorts and a top with an overcoat; she climbed down starving although she wouldn’t fill that stomach in this house.

 

“Ga-in. Come join us for breakfast.”     Hyori noticed as she was setting the table and asked with a smile.

Gaping at Hyori momentarily; she scoffed.

 

“Not a chance. I’d rather wait an hour for my food at a local food store than eat here. Make yourself useful and donate the leftovers to poor people.”

This was her usual tone with her family…or so called family.

 

“Ga-in can you not be nice to her for once?”   Her father entered the room lecturing his way in.

 

“Don’t ruin my mood.”

Ga-in muttered and walked out not saying another word. This was her daily morning at this house.

Hyori stole a glance at Mr. Son and asked.

 

“What are you going to do?”

 

“Hmm…maybe get him out of her life for good.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Don’t you ever feel the chills around your legs?”    Hara commented seeing Ga-in wearing the daily shorts…even in this weather.

 

“You have to work out to get used to it.”   Ga-in muttered.

 

“What do you do to work out?”

 

“Glare at random guys scaring the out of them.”   In the process she glared at a random boy who squeaked out and scurried away from there.

Not laughing Hara remarked.

 

“Men are such bastards.”

 

“Man .”

 

“Scum bags.”

 

“ head.”

 

“ head.”

 

And worse than dogs.”

That was said in unison. Both girls looked at each other and ended up cackling together. Minyoung arrived by noticing the girls laughing their asses off.

 

“Tell me you girls were name calling men. I’m pretty good at it.”    She smirked.

 

“Oh we know. You called Yoochun moobs.”    Ga-in stated in between her laughs.

 

“How do you know?”

 

“Someone heard them…so…what’s up with Jaejoong and you?”     Ga-in asked.

 

“How do you know something’s up with him and me?”

 

“You’re pissed. Something must have happened.”

That was her only determining fact.

 

“Jaejoong came by after you left.”

 

“And?”

Minyoung was about to leave not wanting to hear further on this when Ga-in grabbed her wrist.

 

“You have to know Daemul…if he did something stupid, we have to kick his .”

 

“But it’s between them. I’m sure she wants it to be personal.”

Minyoung reasoned.

 

“Actually guys…I want to share. I can’t keep it all inside like you Daemul.”

Minyoung had no idea what made Hara even say that. She sighed nevertheless and gestured her to go on.

 

“He kissed me…”

 

“WHAT?!” I’m gonna kill that mother er!”

Ga-in roared out taking quite attention of others. Minyoung was stunned…Jaejoong was definitely getting stupider.

 

“Let her do the kicking Piper.”     Minyoung stated with a smile because she knew that she had her problems too and also to shove away the topic. 

 

“What about you and Junsu?”    Hara asked.

 

“What about us?”

 

“Have you thought about what I said?”

Although Minyoung was very curious to know about Ga-in and Junsu; she chose not to say anything. Somehow their stuff seemed more interesting than Hara and Jaejoong.

 

“Shut it. We will not talk about that again.”

 

“Alright enough chit-chat. We have to go to class.”

Minyoung rushed them to their classes and went ahead for hers. Ga-in and Hara realizing she was gone; sighed.

 

“Mother hen.”

 

“Papaya face.”

 

“Nagger.”

 

Manly woman.”

And they ended up laughing again until Yoochun entered the classroom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaejoong and Junsu were doing their own classes when Jaejoong’s mind drifted off to yesterday’s incident. She told him to stay away from her. If her friends know; especially Ga-in; he’d be dead meat. Their teacher was explaining how the exam works out for general department. He sighed in between.

 

Junsu on the other hand didn’t know how to comply with Son. Because he didn’t want to stay away from her and he liked her company.

 

Not just that…

 

He smacked himself in his mind not wanting to think of her like that. They were friends and they should be like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When class finished Yoochun didn’t waste time talking to the two girls and dashed off. Although Hara and Ga-in didn’t mind they were wondering where he’d run off to.

He ran to the IT room and browsed through the university site because he knew the accounts won’t give out a student’s information. He searched on Han Jimin whose picture appeared out.

 

She did have long hair, flat face and sharp long nose. Quite a unique face for a Korean.

Shutting the computer off; he rushed to the violin practice rooms to look for her. Somehow he was too much in rush to meet her today.

As he was walking in the corridor he heard too many violins playing coming out of each room. They were all practicing.

All the composition was making his blood rush. Violin tended to have an effect on him like that.

 

He didn’t know whether to knock each room and ask who Han Jimin is. That would be too rude now.

However all room stopped and all students rushed out. In between the crowd he kept looking for the Jimin girl however couldn’t find her. Instead someone else found him.

 

“Who are you looking for?”

 

“Daemul?”

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Uh…”    he didn’t know whether he could say at all.    “Duh…looking for you.”    He lied although he didn’t mind. Knowing he won’t be able to find Jimin, he said instead.    “Let’s go and meet the others. I’m sure they are waiting for you.”

 

“Yoochun, if you were looking for someone I can find that person. Did you want to meet Jimin?”

He wanted to. He really did but he was no longer excited. Was it because of her company? He wanted to be patient now.

 

“No of course not! I was looking for you. Why can I not look for you? Who else do I know in violin department besides you? Now come on.”

He pulled her with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Glares given to one and no response given to another. Daemul could see Hara glaring at Jaejoong and Junsu avoiding Ga-in. Yoochun was babbling too much; not that it bothered her.

 

Weird…his chattering isn’t bothering me anymore.

 

“Guys, it’s late. We should all go home.”    Minyoung suggested.

 

“Are you kidding me? We only just got here. We don’t see you guys anymore. Especially you daemul.”

Yoochun whined.

 

“Why can’t we go somewhere like we did once?”

Ga-in suggested.

 

“Excellent idea piper.”         Yoochun clasped his hands and stretched.       “We haven’t gone anywhere for a long time.”

 

“We have exams nearby…”        Minyoung reminded.

 

“Yeah…we do. So we can’t.”     Hara muttered and Minyoung noticed how Jaejoong was cowering under her glares. Somehow he didn’t seem so pathetic anymore. Ga-in forgot his intentions of kicking his . She was enjoying his cowering self.

 

“But…maybe a break is needed before stressful exams…and I mean very stressful.”    Jaejoong mumbled being cautioned with his words. Not once Hara got her eyes off him.

Junsu was too quiet…catching Ga-in’s attention. This was clearly pissing her off as she finally slammed on the table before them.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you all?!”   She didn’t want people to know. She didn’t want it to be directed at Junsu. But it was indicated to him. Junsu could guess as he looked up at her furious face.

Taking his bag, he got up and left the group stunning all.

Gain slung her bag and headed out following him.

 

The others knew it was the time to come between them.

 

Meanwhile Ga-in took his elbow and harshly made him turn to her.

 

“What the is wrong with you duck ?”

 

“Leave me alone.”

He freed himself and continued walking while she tagged along.

 

“Don’t make me punch you. Tell me why you are avoiding me.”

 

“I’m not avoiding you.”

 

“Any stupid could see you are so. Is it my father?”

 

“Cant answer you.”

 

“Tell me duck !”

 

“Stop calling me that!”

The sudden outburst startled her as she stood there motionless. His face was not the same anymore. Frustration, anger and depression all hit at the same time.

 

“Just leave me alone! I wish you’d leave me alone!”

Ga-in’s eyes widened further. Looking at him; she slumped her bag on the ground and took out her flute pipe. Opening it she took out the roll of paper.

 

“Your final wish will be fulfilled.”    She mumbled.    “I’ll leave you alone.”

Tearing the paper in front of him; she threw it on air and walked away leaving Junsu in a daze.

 

“…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

She stomped her way to the other side where Junsu stood. She just couldn’t accept the fact that Junsu would give up so soon. Men were always abandoning for whatever reason. They were all illogical.

 

Not waiting on Hara she walked on her own. Probably she’d take a bus. However a certain figure hiding aside caught her attention. She knew him…

 

“How pathetic…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hyori and Mr. Son were talking over their cups of tea peacefully when it was ruined by Ga-in barging in with a man behind her. It was her father’s driver.

 

“You know if you have to spy on me all you have to do is insert a tracking device in my dress along with a cam. Human spies are so James bond.

 

“Ga-in…”

 

“Your wish is finally fulfilled you piece of worthless old hag.”

Ga-in muttered.

 

“Watch your mouth.”

 

“No…now I will say what I want to. I want to remind you all of the things you did that makes me this mad at you. You just shoved off this one male friend I had just because you thought he was after my money. Well guess what? He is out. He wants to stay away from me. And he is not even with the money you offered him.”

 

“How do you know that?”

 

“Come on that’s the only thing you can offer with your worthless scopes.”

 

“Ga-in…”

 

“No don’t you dare!”

She yelled out.

 

“For once ing hear me what I ing have to say!”     Her screams made Hyori wince.

 

“You are the most worthless piece of man ever! All you thought about is yourself! You shoved off my good friend just like you did with my mother!”

 

“Now just because I wasn’t here does mean…”

 

“That would have been excused.”    She cut him off.    “You think she died naturally? I was ing present when it happened! She, ing, committed suicide with overdose of pills!”

Their eyes widened with the sudden revelation.

She looked at Hyori who was on the verge of crying.

 

“You think I hate you because you’re with him now? Trust me I hate you because you were there when my mother was alive! She ing knew about the adultery you two were committing! That’s why she took those pills! It was no accident! I saw it happen! You two just couldn’t wait till she died…you know something I don’t even want to defend Junsu anymore because you yourself will see your mistakes with him. By that time don’t you dare contact me again.”

 

Finishing her last, she stepped outside the house not ever wanting to see them again. She wasn’t just angry at her father but at Junsu as well. He was stupid to take her father seriously.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

She liked the sight but she was extra pissed today. Not because what Jaejoong did yesterday but her lower abdomen ached. She punched herself trying to ease it but it only increased. She lay on the bed as her nanny came in with a bottle of cold water.

 

“I’ve been noticing your pain. Put it on your belly. It might reduce it.”

 

“Thanks nana.”   She took it and put it on her belly underneath her shirt as Nana left the room.

 

‘ you Jaejoong…”

 

It was natural to be pissed during PMS.