Call for Help

Maestro

 

Putting Jaejoong on the bed; Yoochun put a blanket over him. Junsu stood at the door corner with arms on his chest. Walking over to Junsu, Yoochun stated.

 

“Please do splash some cold water on him in the morning.”

 

“What happened back there?”

 

“He got drunk…”

 

“I can see that; but did he say why?”

Yoochun remained silent. He didn’t even know whether Junsu knew of the whole situation but he could tell him. He hid nothing from his friends except…the part where he was beaten up by gangsters.

 

“Jaejoong is in love with Hara…”

Junsu could seriously choke now. Jaejoong was definitely the idiot not being able to control his liquor.

 

“And?”     Junsu urged further.

 

“Why didn’t he tell me? I would have understood damn it! I mean Jaejoong is more important to me than her of course! Did Hara even know about this? I’m not sure anymore…”

 

“You can ask her…now that you know…what are you going to do?”    Junsu cautiously asked.

 

“Tell her of course! If she loves him too then it would be perfect.”

Yoochun stated rather casually.

 

“And what about you?”

Yoochun looked at Junsu being asked that question. He didn’t know what he’d do…maybe find the girl…and right now if he tells Junsu that he had fallen for another girl; all he will get is another ‘tch’.

 

“I will survive Junsu…maybe Hara was right; it was merely an infatuation.”

 

“Oh my…”

Junsu rolled his eyes.

 

“But the fact that bothers me is that why they feel like they have to protect me or something? I’m not a baby or naïve and this wasn’t the first time I liked someone…”

 

“Well you pretty much showed determination about her so…”

 

“Well now they don’t have to. I can take care of myself and one thing does bother me the most is that because of him; people think I’m gay.”

 

“Maybe you are Mickey…the way you’ve been acting these days. What got into you? Acting all mature?”

Yoochun didn’t have the answer to that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoochun had gone ahead to class before the two due to his early schedule. He was hoping either to see Hara or daemul because he needed to talk to both. He was walking through the corridor knowing he had classes with Hara today. Upon seeing her figure; he dashed to her calling her out.

 

“Hey! I got to ask you something.”   The first thing she said before he could say anything.

 

“Uh…me too but mine is important.”

Yoochun added.

 

“So is mine Yoochun.”

 

“Ok…go ahead then.”

 

“Why aren’t you gay Yoochun?”

Widening his eyes he splat out.

 

“WHAAAT?”

 

“Why aren’t you gay? You have two most good looking people living with you. Junsu and Jaejoong are more beautiful than me or any other girls here. You know them pretty well so you know…a feeling would have been there by now.”

 

“Wh…wh…what?”

 

“Why are you so infatuated with me when you have two most gorgeous people with you?”     Hara finally confirmed.

 

“Are you okay Hara? Why you ask that?”

 

“I was so confused about this. You have the best thing with you yet you want the most boring thing ever and…”

 

“You are weird but not boring Hara. Secondly I could have fallen in love with either of them but didn’t because I just didn’t. Not because they are men…they are like my brothers. Finally…I wanted to say that…”

He stopped…not because of the bell of the class but that…he wanted Jaejoong to make this right.

 

“Nothing Hara. Let’s go to class.”

But then he stopped making Hara to notice him.

 

“You know something Hara? Somehow you were right about the whole ‘not in love with you’ thing.”

 

“Of course Yoochun.”    She smirked.    “I’m always right.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His head hurt like hell as his eyes opened. He grumbled and held his head trying to sit up. He noticed Junsu coming in with a glass of something blur.

 

“What is that?”  

 

“Drink it and find out yourself.”

Taking the glass from his hand he took one whole gulp to realize what it was.

 

“ACCK!!!”    his throat felt croaky as he stuck his tongue out.   “It’s sour!”

 

“It’s lemon and salt lemonade. No sugar; strong yet good for hangover.”

Junsu sat beside him with an obvious expression.

 

“Where is Yoochun?”

 

“Already to class.”

 

“Did he bring me home last night?”

 

“Yep and you pretty much blabbered out everything.”

 

“What?”    his expression was priceless; he went into deep recalling as he suddenly got it. he confessed everything last night.

 

“!”

 

“ indeed…what were you thinking? Because of you Yoochun has been marked officially gay last night.”

Junsu shrugged but received a smack on his head.

 

“Ow! What was that for?”

Junsu rubbed his head.

 

“I confessed all about Hara and you can only think about him being gay? I hurt his feelings telling that I love her!”

 

“So you do love her…I doubted it all along.”

That got him another whack.

 

“What did he say?!”     Jaejoong yelled out frustrated about this.

 

“Ask him you ! I’m not some messenger! Absolute …”

He jumped off and walked away; muttering curses at him.

 

Jaejoong sighed and looked outside; tensed about the situation. He was a fool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Not being able to tolerate his stupid behavior anymore; Junsu headed out without him and arrived a class. He hoped to see Ga-in and at the same time he didn’t.  

 

And probably luck was or was not on his side as he saw Ga-in waving at him. Waving back; he walked to her and was suddenly embraced by her. He could smell her lavender perfume.

 

“You’re…in a good mood today.”    Junsu stated the obvious.

 

“Yes I am. Exams are finally coming and I’m excited!”

 

“Never seen a person excited about exams…especially not a bully.”

That got him a smack…

 

“Oi! Stop smacking!”

 

“I like to smack you. It’s like an exercise for me.”

 

“Well by the power of the contract bestowed upon me; I order you to stop hitting me.”

That actually shut her up as they both honored the contract.

 

“Alright…that’s some wish you wished. You could have wished something else.”

Ga-in shrugged as she walked ahead. Junsu did wish something else…he wished her father to be out of this.

 

“Well your last is left. Use it wisely duck .”

 

“Should I wish for you to not to call me that?”    Junsu snapped.

 

“Maybe you should. Cause you’re…”    she smirked and narrowed her eyes as she stopped walking and whispered the last part.   

 

“Stupid.”

He actually wanted to make her run and chase after her…he didn’t know why. They resumed walking.

 

“Tell me Ga-in. You were upset before. Mind telling me what happened?”

 

“Well I’m not sure whether I should but I guess it’s okay now. Well dad thinks something is between us. He’s overprotective of me.”

 

I’ll say…

 

“But I can handle it. I’ve handled worse before.”

 

“You have; I can see that. But I haven’t so…I can’t tolerate if something bad happens to you.”

Junsu admitted.

 

“Of course you can’t. We’re friends after all.”

 

Friendship isn’t the only reason…

 

“Ga-in…”    he stopped walking. Ga-in stopped behind before him and turned around.

 

“Hmm…”

 

“I don’t think I can see you for a while now. I would have a lot of studying to do since I’m from the general music department and not…instrumental. I mean…”

He didn’t know how to say this…

 

“I know what you mean; you generally have more to study than I do. So I know we shouldn’t keep hanging out till exams over. I get it.”    she smiled and continued walking.

 

I don’t know whether I should ever see you again…you family doesn’t want it…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaejoong’s head hurt so much that he couldn’t stand properly and he rested the whole day at home. Even though Junsu barged out; he had managed to leave him lunch and dinner with medicine beside him. He took his short shower and lunch with simple medicine and slept all day.

 

It seemed like everything he did would come out like a crime he had committed. Well he did when he involved daemul.

Even in his dreams he worried of the outcome…he was so tired…

 

He drifted into his nightmarish dreams where he saw that he was in a trial room with Yoochun as the judge and Junsu as the prosecutor. He had no lawyer on his side and Ga-in, as he noticed, was a policewoman beside him. If he tried to escape, she would pin him down for good. On opposite of him he saw both Hara and daemul as victims and witness. He had no idea which one was what.

 

Yoochun condemned him for so many unreasonable offences…

And suddenly a hole appeared beneath him as he fell in darkness and upon a bowl of water in a giant cauldron. He tried not to drown but a trident pushed him down…the trident’s holder was no other than Hara.

 

“You pushed me away!”    she screeched.

 

“You hurt daemul! My daemul! You ought to be put in sanction! The sanction of my WRATH!!!!”

 

“AHHHH!”

Jaejoong jumped up on his bed having cold sweat. Somehow even after the nightmare he was feeling better than ever.

 

“Weird…as if…it was a medicine.”

A smile appeared on his face; as he got off his bed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Finishing his class with Hara, he sort of left her alone; of course telling her that he had some errands. He ran trying to find the woman he’d been looking for and he saw her.

 

Minyoung was walking down with the violin all alone in the midst of the crowd. He ran to her and called out catching her attention. She looked at him with a smile and waved back. However Yoochun had no smile on her face. Going to her; he took her wrist and pulled her along.

 

“Where are we going? What’s the matter?”

 

“Well…let’s just say; we’re going to chat for a bit since your class is over.”

Taking her to the empty areas of the campus and left her hand.

 

“What did Jaejoong hyung do to you?”

Her eyes widened. She couldn’t answer to that.

 

“Well?”    Yoochun urged for an explanation.

 

“Yoochun…what do you mean?”

She tried not to say the wrong thing.

 

“You very well know what I mean. He false confessed to you…you kicked him out.”

 

“You know then.”    She answered.

 

“Uh huh…”    he wasn’t convinced.    “You should tell me what’s going on after all it was hyung who did and I feel responsible for it.”

 

“Yoochun you don’t need to burden yourself.”

 

“Burden?! Helping you is not a burden damn it! I want to help you!”

 

“No need to get frustrated…who told you about it anyway?”

 

“Hyung did…”    he finally calmed down.    “He also confessed that he loved Hara.”

 

What the hell? Is he stupid or got super smart?

 

“Uh…I don’t know what to say…”

 

“So you knew he was falsely confessing…that’s why you kicked him out? Then you probably knew the whole thing then. Why didn’t you tell me?”

Minyoung guessed that he knew the substantial part only…he didn’t know about the whole trying to hug her thing. She intended to keep it like that.

 

“I couldn’t…I mean it was…”

 

“You always burden yourself with other’s problems but never tell anyone about yours. What is with you?”

 

“It’s not like I give them my shoulders; they just fall on me. Like Ga-in would come crying to me after having problems with her family and other things. Hara would faint on my step when Jaejoong pushed her away. I don’t ever call for their problems to land in my box!”

 

She was frustrated with all of it…everyone trying to cry on her shoulder…while she had none for her own. Yoochun kind of felt embarrassed because there were times he hated her for her manliness towards Hara. However he couldn’t confess that now.

 

“Sorry Daemul…I shouldn’t have burst out on you.”

 

“Well…”   sighing she added.    “Never mind. I had enough of telling and not telling…these people make it so complicated.”

 

“Well on that I think you deserve a medal.”    He smugly smiled.

 

“What about you? How are you coping up with Hara and Jaejoong?”

 

“Actually.”    Not thinking at all he added.     “I don’t feel so bad over losing her. It’s like she was right all along about us not meant to be together. On above that I seemed to fallen in love with someone else.”

Rolling her eyes, she responded.

 

“Oh you immature little frog.”

She started walking leaving Yoochun following her.

 

“Immature? What about you mother hen?”

 

“Don’t get me started with name calling.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Even though he knew that it was too late for his classes; he came by anyway. He pushed through the crowd going towards the exit as he tried to go in. When he was finally able to enter he understood why the students were crowding outside. The announcement finally reached his antenna of understanding.

 

“STUDENTS OF ALL DEPARTMENT ARE REQUIRED TO WAIT OUTSIDE THE GARDEN OF MAESTRO’S CAMPUS.”

 

Not wasting any more moment he dashed outside and got lost in the crowd. He hoped to see Hara in the bunch however couldn’t. He noticed what was happening though.  Their vice brought a mike up front and their dean walked by it and tapped it to test it.

 

“Alright so…”    the voice echoed the garden as he continued.     “The exams are nearing within a month therefore the board has decided to minimize the classes so you all could have more time practicing. This is applicable for both general and instrumental department. As counted there will only 4 classes separately for both departments and exams will be held. So I wish you all good luck and for some of you this exam will conclude your graduation while for others it will be a step to being a senior. For those who will graduate and finally leave this university; you have to know that Maestro will always be open for you and any sort of assistance is required; we’ll be glad to provide it so good luck all of you and…that’s all.”

 

The crowd broke right after that. Jaejoong looked for familiar figures and who couldn’t find any so he waited till all were gone. He took out his cell and called Yoochun who received and was told where he was. He was quickly visited by Yoochun but then saw Minyoung standing at the corner quite far away looking somewhere else. Jaejoong knew she wasn’t the type to interfere. Looking at Yoochun, Jaejoong started.

 

“Yoochun about last night; I’m sorry. I didn’t mean any of that and please don’t be concerned about me…”

 

“Concerned? I shouldn’t be even here after what you caused me last night.”

Jaejoong really felt guilty for even confessing his feelings of Hara.

 

“You made everyone think I’m gay and your boyfriend.”

 

“What?”

Jaejoong looked quite awkwardly at him. He had no idea what he was talking about. Yoochun went on nevertheless.

 

“You mumbled out my name so many times; the bartender kept saying to control you. Men actually were eyeing us with interest! Hara this morning asked me why I haven’t gone gay for you. How am I supposed to feel?”

 

So I haven’t confessed?

 

“So I only mumbled out your name?”    he cautiously asked.

 

“Oh you also confessed loving Hara; that’s all.”

Yoochun casually shrugged on that which could throw Jaejoong off the roof. He didn’t show any reaction on it. He had no idea why.

   

“Yoochun you’re supposed to be…”

 

“Emo? Nah; I’ve realized that she was right about me. It was merely an infatuation.”

Yoochun started walking the other way; Jaejoong looked back and saw Minyoung in her place. Why was she there anyway?

 

“Mickey, shouldn’t you call Minyoung with us?”

 

“Why? So she would be burdened about us? Hell no. Also…”    Yoochun stopped and looked at him.

 

“Never do that to her again.”

 

Has she said all?

 

She wasn’t the type…he must have confessed himself. Yoochun’s face looked very serious to take it lightly. Jaejoong knew he had to apologize to her again.

 

“I know…I shouldn’t have brought her into this.”

 

“Then you also shouldn’t wait here. Run after her.”

Yoochun urged as Jaejoong looked shockingly at him

Everything seemed like a dream now; his feelings could finally be opened to Hara. He could finally be with her and…Yoochun.

 

“What about you?”

 

“I found someone else.”

He smiled. Jaejoong looked back at Minyoung who was merely looking at the trees.

 

“You fell in love with daemul?”

He asked rather surprised.

 

“Hyung?! Hell no!”    Yoochun exclaimed out then silenced up.

 

“It’s someone else…you guys don’t know her. But I know she studies here and I’m going to find her. Right now you go and get her. And dont even guess something like that again.”

His tone was all mixed up. Jaejoong, giving him a smile, dashed out.

 

Yoochun walked back to daemul and started walking together.

 

“So what did you need me waiting for?”

 

“I need your help finding someone from your class.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu and Ga-in bid bye to each other as they parted ways. Hara seeing them smiled in her mind that her girl was finally close with a guy other than her father. She wasn’t even close with her own dad. Finally parting Ga-in started walking with Hara when she asked.

 

“You like him Ga-in.”

 

“Yes I do.”

 

“I meant…you love him.”

 

“Keep dreaming. I don’t have the mentality to bear that burden.”

 

“Love is a burden?”

 

“For me it is; for you…I don’t know.”

 

“Me neither with what he’s doing.”

 

“Drama queen…”   Ga-in muttered when her cell rang. Picking it up she spoke on the phone. After hanging up she looked at Hara saying.

 

“I have to visit my dad. He’s calling me to stay for the night.”

 

“Ok then, I’ll let nana know.”

Hara smiled and let Ga-in dash to the direction. While Hara kept walking a drop of water fell on her head. Looking up she felt the whole lot of waterfall on her face and…all over her. Raining once again.

 

“Just my luck.”

She muttered and walked along wondering why she hadn’t taken out her car or umbrella. She walked till she reached her place. As she was about to enter the building she heard her name.

She turned and saw…Jaejoong all soaked. He was just there waiting for her.

 

She walked to him wondering why he was here in the rain like this.

 

“Jaejoong what are you doing here? Where is your umbrella? How long have you been waiting?”

He just stared at her observantly.

 

“Jaejoong?”

She called again and…everything happened all of a sudden.

Jaejoong lurched; taking her neck and pressed his lips on her upper lip forcefully making her step back whilst. Her eyes widened as she held the hands grabbing her neck and tried moving them.

She shut her eyes tightly trying to move his hand off her. However his kiss got rougher and although it was raining her eyes filled up with tears.

 

Bastard…leave me…leave me…

 

This didn’t make her happy. This was not how she wanted this.