Here and here again

Maestro

She was quickly taken to Yoochun’s bed by the nurse and saw the bartender there. She asked him to go home but he was panicking anyway because Yoochun was not drinking thus something was wrong with him. She assured him nevertheless and told him to go. But she was worried half to death herself. Misook went off to get coffee for themselves.

“Is he alright? Has he woken up yet?”

“No he hasn’t. He has a very low blood pressure.”

“What about his admission here? Did you have any problem?”

“Are you a friend?”   The doctor asked her instead.

“Yes, he was visiting me here and he was living in Kensington hotel. Now to answer my question doctor.”

“We had no problem; we found his insurance card in his belongings. Thanks to that, his identification was easy.”

“Will this be of any use to you? Day before yesterday he jumped into cold water to save my brother. My brother had fever but it went off but Yoochun was fine. He showed no signs till tonight. He was fine during the day too...”

“He shows no sign of fever along with no heart disease or any additional problems. Is he an alcoholic?”

“No...although the barman said he was at the bar but he never touched his drink. He has no previous medical problems. At least I don’t know any and I’ve never seen him drink...”

“Then it is psychological. We can be sure when he wakes up. If he doesn’t tonight, within hours, then we would have to call a neurosurgeon. He’d do an MRI to check whether there is a tumour.”

“Thank you...”   she curtly bowed and let the doctor leave. She saw Misook coming over with two plastic cups and handed one to her.

“Will he be fine?”   she asked looking over the glass of the door. Yoochun lay there with saline needle injected in his veins.

“Doctors are unsure. He shows no physical defects...doctor thinks it’s psychological...emotional.”

“Tension...stress.”   Misook assumed.   “You mean he is under stress...”

“But he showed no signs of stress mother...”   Minyoung mumbled. She felt as if she was lying to her mother. She could guess...

“You go home Min...I’ll stay.”

“No.”    Minyoung looked at her.   “I should stay. Stefan needs you...I’ll be fine and...”    she her lips; knowing she would have to tell her anyway.

“I need to sort things out with him...this is my fault.”

“Stop blaming yourself for everything!”    Misook had enough.   “Just stay you want to stay with him not that you feel responsible. I’ll go anyway.”    Minyoung smiled at her mother mumbling slight apology. Her mother patted her shoulder and left the corridor. She sat there on the bench; thinking to herself.

She had to fix this. She had to fix her relationship with Yoochun. She still couldn’t understand her feelings for him. She knew that she cared for him and he cared for her. She could share enough with him. He was honest with her and it was not the literal honesty only. He was honest like he could let her enter in his world but unlike him, she could not. She felt that she could never let him burden her problems.

That was the only way she could show her care for him.

Yoochun...wake up...I need to talk to you. Maybe you do love me and I don’t mind but...I cannot let my problems burden you. Maybe I love you too and this is how I love you. Just wake up...I swear I will be honest from now on.

“How I wish to share these words with you...”   she mumbled to herself but soon the sleepiness took her and she dozed off on the bench.

------

Yoochun’s eyes fluttered open and he saw the white ceiling above him. He turned his head side and saw IV drops. He had no idea what happened but he could see that it was already night. He slowly sat up, feeling a pit pinchy on his veins. The needle was killing him. He wanted to call the nurse but refrained from doing it. However he saw a doctor coming in the room and saw him awake.

“Please don’t call anyone.”   He softly stated to the nurse who gaped at him.   “Is there a woman outside?”

“Yes there is. She is sleeping on the bench. Should I call her in?”

“Yes...I mean, tell her to sleep on the couch but don’t tell her I’m awake. When can I be released?”

“Tomorrow. I’ll ask her to come in but first I would have to check your pulse.”   The doctor took his hand and checked the pulse.   “How do you feel?”

“Dizzy...and hungry.”

“You’ve out the whole day. Stress is getting to you. You should be fine by tomorrow.”

Yoochun shut her eyes and heard the doctor asking Minyoung to come in. She came in the room and glanced at Yoochun for a moment as the doctor left and sat beside him. Her sleep had gone away the most and she missed him.

“Isn’t it time you woke up Mickey? Stop scaring me like this. I don’t care if you feel certain things for me because I don’t know whether I feel the same for you.”    She sighed; looking down on the floor.

“You know what? I don’t really care anymore and I had enough of norms. I promise if you wake up, I will be honest from the core...not by niceties. I swear...I’ll be honest about how I feel about you. But first you have to wake up.”

She her lips; feeling pathetic about herself and her attempts. She knew it wouldn’t work. She left her seat to go to the couch when she felt her hand held. Her heart stopped for a moment there. She hoped so many things and one of them was that Yoochun didn’t hear any of what she said.

“Please tell me you didn’t hear a thing I said.”

“Okay...I didn’t hear a single thing you said.”   His tone was teasing but weak. Minyoung turned and saw his smiling face. She tried but couldn’t hold her tears back. She didn’t know what she was crying about. Yoochun wasn’t dying but it felt like she lost him for a moment. She wanted to just hug him tight and never let him go but her body wasn’t moving and that Yoochun still had needles inside him.

“You should be sleeping Minyoung. I’ll be released tomorrow so don’t fret. We can talk in the morning.”    Yoochun said because he knew she would be uncomfortable at the moment after she just shared her feelings.

“I promised you Yoochun.”   she wiped her tears as he let her hands free.   “I will tell you the truth.”    He lightly laughed.

“Can I get something to eat?”

Minyoung ended up laughing as well but nodded and went to call the doctor. Yoochun dived in and the nurses removed the needles. He was starving to death and Minyoung just observed him. Her mind recalled all the events that happened between them. It was not impossible for feelings to develop between them.

“So...if I say that I have fallen in love with the mysterious violinist...what would you say?”   Yoochun slowly asked.

“I didn’t say anything back then; I wouldn’t say anything now. Because she is a different woman and you can have feelings for another.”

“That’s what I thought but when I found out that you were her...I tried to tell myself that you two were different and that the feelings I had for her were mere infatuation because you two were one and I couldn’t have feelings for you. But...when I spent more time with you...I started feeling for you separately. Now if I say I feel for you...and you only, what would you say?”

“I’d be honest Yoochun. I don’t know how I feel about you. I have to admit I’ve never been closer to any man but you and I am always myself with you. I just don’t know whether this is called love. Even though we understand and care deeply for each other, I cant call this love. I don’t even know whether we can be together and be considerate about each other. Life is not all about just love now is it? Its also about compromise and consideration. Whether we can sacrifice things for each other or whether we have to sacrifice at all. Whether we can make up after a fight. Whether you’ll get bored of me for being so controlled and whether I’ll be annoyed because you’re such a loudmouth.”

Yoochun laughed again but he got the point as it died down.

“We are both confused...somehow I am confused about my feelings for you. I don’t know whether they are genuine or just normal. I say we give it time and see whether we find someone else in our lives. If we do find separate person in our lives, we will take no chance losing that person. Agreed?”

“Agreed. We can date other people and find whether we like them or not. That seems like a solution.”

“So we’re friends?”    Minyoung nodded.

“Forever.”

“But one thing.”   Yoochun added.    “When we find the day of our love...we must tell each other.”

“Day of love?”   Minyoung raised an eyebrow.   “Bit corny.”

Corny, it was...

---------------------

Flash lights, jabbering questions and cameras everywhere. The news of Son getting remarried was getting everywhere. Ga-in was handling the press conference herself and the news was even bigger because of Hyori’s low status: a mere former employee of Son.

“I have blessed them of my permission and she would have her rightful share in the company and I will be gladly accepting her as a new part of the family. So I would ask the same of you all. Hyori had been kind to me ever since my mother’s tragic death and she has been supporting me during my hard times and I have failed to see her efforts until now. I can assure you she means no malicious intentions for herself. The wedding will be held soon.”

Ga-in left her seat as more questions came by. One of them concerned Junsu’s relationship with her and she stopped right there. They knew about her and Junsu.

“Kim Junsu is a well wisher of mine and my family. He is a good friend and he is fully supporting my decisions.”

She left the room and was welcomed by Junsu himself standing near the door.

“You handled that well piper. I was hoping a bit more aggressive side of you.”

“You wanted me to jump on the reporters. Guess what Duckbutt: not gonna happen.”   She walked along with him with few guards around them. None of them belonged to Junsu.

“Why don’t you have guards around you? Does no one care about you?”   Ga-in remarked.

“Unlike you evil piper, I am not a sole heir so I managed to keep my identity a secret but with your involvement, that has become obsolete.”

“Aww poor dolphin cannot hide to his mama anymore now that hungry bad reporters are after him and his .”

“Why does this always have to be about my ?”   

“Cause it’s cute.”    Ga-in smirked; wanting to pinch it.

“Cuter than yours I admit. My family is in full support. I informed Hara and Jaejoong; they’ll be back by tomorrow.”

They proceeded to their car; finally ending their day but as Ga-in was about to step in, Junsu held her shoulder.

“I was thinking something...about the future.”

“Future?”   Ga-in raised her eyebrows.   “Do we even have one? Or do I have one?”

“Why do you say that?”

“Cause I’m a brat dolphin.”   Ga-in shrugged casually.   “I can never take domination of another man...even yours.”

“Do I dominate you?”   Junsu rather asked himself.   “I’d love to though...but its you who dominates me and not in the y way.”

Ga-in gaped at him with a child like frown.   “You want me that bad eh? You’re probably imagining me you.”

“Geez old hag! No way! Don’t tear down my innocence.”   Junsu stomped back to his own car with Ga-in gaze following him with a smile. She saw him riding away and she finally laughed to herself. That man was her life...

On the other hand...

They would have to return for their graduation exam and Jaejoong, Hara, Changmin and Pani were already packing. Two days had already passed since he heard last from Junsu. They have heard nothing yet from Yoochun or Minyoung but they thought they were probably just busy. They had their hugs and kisses and Hara’s parents were finally getting them on the bus.

“We’ll be there by your graduation. And the rest of you, good luck. My blessings are with you.”   Hara’s mother stated while her father grunted. She nudged him out of his grumpy state and he cleared his throat.

“Yeah, yeah...now shoo off my property you mangy idiots; except my daughter and her pretty looking friend.”                          Pani blushed heavily and Changmin enjoyed the view of that. They already informed Junsu and Ga-in of their return and they had replied that they would be waiting for them. They were expecting some news from Yoochun and Minyoung soon.

They finally got on the bus and with not so heavy heart her mother bid them farewell while her father refused to bid the men bye. Jaejoong noticed Mr. Koo looking heavy as that hit a realization in him. He feared that Hara would no longer need her father. But Jaejoong knew that would never be the case. Hara’s father took a glance at Jaejoong and Jaejoong quickly winked at him; surprising the man.

“Oi! Have you gone bent?!”

There was no time for answers as the bus already started and it rode off with good speed. Jaejoong only left the old people a warm smile and Hara only looked at him. The boy had changed...he had changed a lot from gloomy guy to a happy guy. She wondered if the idiots of the SM saw him now, what their reactions would be.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“I was thinking...maybe you could visit SM one last time.”

“And get killed just for your pleasure?”   he backed away with a crazy look that scared Hara as well.   “Sure! Only if Junsu and Yoochun agree to die with me.”   He shrugged normally going back to his girly ways.

Meanwhile...

Minyoung and Yoochun’s vacation was almost near end and their exam was up so they would have to go back. They were done packing and boarding and Minyoung’s parents were bidding them farewell. Yoochun was conversing with Stefan while Minyoung was hugging her parents.

“Call us when you get there and good luck for your exam.”

“We’ll be there very soon but we may not be there for your graduation but I’m sure you’ll do fine.”   Her father patted on her head as Stefan finally finished talking and hugged his sister.

“I don’t mind moving to Korea...but I’d like to visit here and see my friends once in a while like you do.”   

Yoochun shook hands with Minyoung’s father and bowed to her mother.    “We’ll be going. Thank you for everything.”

“You take care of your health now.”   Misook smiled at him and the announcement finally came. They waved their byes and entered for the boarding. Yoochun and Minyoung finally turned their backs and silence fell on both on them.

“I wonder what will happen now.”   Minyoung mumbled.

“Nothing I guess...we return there and concentrate on studies.”

“This year was a weird one...this university life was a very weird one.”

“You’re the one to talk...I was a playboy and now...I cant think of any women.”   Minyoung ended up giggling as Yoochun glanced at her.

Things had gotten pretty weird for both of them.

Things had been weird for everyone...

When they reached Korea finally...they saw everyone present with extraordinary happy looking faces.

A tight hug was all it took to indicate that they all really missed each other. Minyoung was squashed not by the girls but by Junsu as well. Yoochun was smashed between Junsu, Jaejoong and Hara. To their surprise two other came by to join them...Changmin and Pani.

Their exams were up soon and they had to get back to reality. Their faces showed that each had learned something from their vacation but it was time to go back to their Maestro. However...

As promised Jaejoong decided to visit SM with the other two but Junsu was very much reluctant but Ga-in convinced him to do it anyway. Not going home that day, instead they went to SM where the girls showed their flappy faces at them but most screamed when they saw other girls with them. Yoochun as usual showed kisses and murmured sorries to them. Junsu on purpose took Ga-in’s waist and Jaejoong held Hara’s hand while she glared at the rest. Ga-in hid her face being embarrassed and Minyoung pretty much enjoyed the show. Changmin and Pani...they were merely curious.

On a side, Junsu and Ga-in noticed Victoria standing all alone and their faces almost faded but Victoria soon gave out a smile and waved at them, as they returned quite reluctantly. She was trying to make a better living in SM.

Even though Minyoung and Yoochun were suffering from jet-lags, they decided to sit somewhere after the sudden SM visit and Changmin, with Pani decided to go home.

They were having a tired yet lovely time.

“Now what? Exams are up...university will end for us pretty soon but what do we do after that?”   It was Yoochun who asked and the rest looked at each other. Out of them all only Ga-in and Junsu looked most confident.    “Looks like you two decided something...dont tell me its marriage.”

“ it up Yoochun for stealing your boyfriend away. We decided something a bit more mature.”   Ga-in smirked.

“We decided to open a music school for the under-privileged and...Ga-in decided to work for her own company while I take work in rural areas.”  

Yoochun and Jaejoong almost choked on their drinks to hear that; they weren’t expecting Junsu to do something so...non-city like.

“Marriage comes way after that...we should give ourselves time for at least 3 years.”   It was Junsu who said that.

“I cant imagine you two remaining celibate for that long.”   Yoochun clicked his tongue and Hara nodded her head. She completely agreed with Yoochun.

“Maybe we will, maybe we wont. Depends on our dopey heads...but we’ll be careful.”    Ga-in murmured with a light smile.

“That is very responsible of you Ga-in. You are finally learning.”   Minyoung took up her glass and sipped on her drink.   “What about you? You and you?”   she pointed at Jaejoong and Hara.

“I decided to work at Maestro.”   Jaejoong humbly stated.   “I have no big wishes.”

“But I do.”   Hara stated with a smile.   “I’ll try to compete outside and gain my fame in piano industry.”

“Then you’ll see me there girl, cause I’m coming with you.”   Yoochun gave his news and high-fived Hara. Jaejoong snuck a glance at Minyoung who was quiet.

“What about you?”   Jaejoong asked her and she gave out a weak smile.

“I plan to stay here. Maybe we can work and finally get along.”

“That, I must see.”   Yoochun and Hara stated together as Junsu and Ga-in merely shook their heads. They were the only ones who made decisions to stay together.

----

Minyoung had decided to have the group at her house for group study and practice and Changmin and Pani were invited too, although it wouldn’t be their graduation. They would study almost too seriously until Junsu or Yoochun or Hara would crack a lame joke and Ga-in would crack a joke.

jokes were always about Junsu as they all had one opinion about him...he would be the bottom.

Weeks went by and tension rumbled on them and they were doing all they could to help each other. With Ga-in’s father’s remarriage and Junsu’s sister in-law’s extra caring they were having trouble the most but they all made sure they would study properly.

And the exams came away.

Their performances were their best or at least they gave their best. They were joined by many of the accomplices and acquaintances that they had first met along with teachers: Mrs. Yvonne, Emon, Shankland, Naidu, Anna, Jisu, Alexander, Eli, Sungmin...yes even Sungmin, Yunho and others. Each and everyone of them had a special place in their minds.

They spoke to everyone and Junsu actually hugged Sungmin because without him, he would not have been with Ga-in now.

The time between the exam and results were even more horrifying as Mr. Son finally got married and Ga-in invited everyone at the wedding. The dean of Maestro was the piano player of the wedding and for the best man Junsu volunteered. The whole Kim family, Kang family and others were invited and they made sure the wedding went perfectly. Ga-in made sure Hyori had a good time and was finally respected by others as she had to go through a lot.

“You finally matured.”   Mrs. Kang’s comment actually made her heave in with pride.   “Julie will be proud of you.”

Julie...Ga-in only wished she was here...

Ga-in sent her new mother and father away for honeymoon even though for a small time as work was getting heavier but her burdens reduced to a great extent.

They danced and had fun all night and Ga-in spared her last dance with Junsu. Hara danced with Yoochun while Minyoung danced with Jaejoong. They could all see that Ga-in and Junsu had changed for the best as they could openly share kisses.

Yes...Junsu kissed her deeply before all and none of them hesitated showing their real love. Yoochun quickly pulled away from Hara and pushed her to Jaejoong who left Minyoung. Minyoung and Yoochun stood aside watching the lovers before them dance. Although Jaejoong and Hara were not kissing as openly as Junsu and Ga-in, Daemul and Mickey could see that they intended to keep their relationship a strong one.

“So we guessed right that night about children’s names.”    Yoochun stated.

“Yes...I’m definitely seeing a strong resemblance in our prediction.”

“I wish to find someone...even if thats not you.”

“Just go and ask someone to dance, we did agree to date.”

“Well I already do.”

“Really? Who?”

“Them.”   Yoochun pointed to two men who just entered and Yoochun went to them and hugged them tightly. She knew one of them as Yoo Ah-in and other not so sure. Yoochun was indeed a changed man but they did not have any dances together.

They were still unsure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day of the graduation and everyone was crowding the ground all wearing the same gown and hats. All were excited and at the same time sad because Maestro was their second home and they would very much miss this place.

The worthy candidates were given their scrolls and as usual the best two got their valedictorian scrolls who were Yunho and Seulki...something was about those two no one could understand. But it was time they greeted the star couple.

“You two are always the best.”   Yoochun shook hands with Yunho directly as he threw a smile at him.

“Not as you and Miss Park here. You two captured hearts and I know Miss Son whom my fiancée admires very much.”

“She is your fiancée?”   Ga-in asked her eyes widened and they nodded.

“Miss Koo, you and Miss Park are always together and...I see you three gaining attention all the time. I really like you all.”   She spoke in a childish manner.   “Well our parents are here. Sorry but you have to excuse us.”

“Sure, go ahead.”   The group let them go and the guys stared at the girls who gaped back at them.  “Why do the girls gain more attention here than the guys?”

“Cause we’re hot.”   Ga-in remarked and snapped at them.   “Well we finally did it. Anyone...hugs?”   she spread her arms at them all and none of them could resist and group hugged each other. As soon as they pulled away, Junsu put a quick peck on her lips as Hara and Yoochun grossed out.

“Get a room you two!”

But when they all realised after the laughs that this was really it...their faces lost their smiles.

“I’m gonna miss this place.”   Hara mumbled. Jaejoong quickly held her and kissed her forehead.

“We all will...even though I’ll be here and so will Minyoung...but not as students anymore.”

Hara ended up crying silently as Minyoung and Ga-in tried to comfort her. Yoochun and Junsu stood aside giving the girl her space.

“We wont have to miss this place...because we will always return here...no matter as what.”     Minyoung murmured and looked at Yoochun who had an understanding look. Soon Changmin and Pani joined them with their hands intertwined and they all decided to have their party on Maestro grounds with everyone they know until now and they didn’t spare anyone...not even poor Sungmin.

This was true...they would always return here.

Now, tomorrow...even years and decades later.

----------

AN: sorry for such alate update. this is the eve chapter meaning the next would be the last. please leave comments so i'd know there r readers out there. its been a long time since i started this story which started back in 2011...this shows my university life which motivated me to write on one...as it ended...theirs will too. but the ending will be a happy one i guarantee.