Curtains lifted

Maestro

Expert player.

Yoochun

Hara

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His eyes slowly opened hearing the bird chirping from the balcony and they were very loud. It almost pierced his ears.

“Damn those birds...”    he shoved his blanket away and looked at the time which was 8 in the morning. He wondered whether they were up yet. He went to the bathroom and noticed the new toothbrush so he opened the packet and brushed his teeth. Soon finishing his toilet breaks, he came out and heard someone knocking the door.

“Come in.”    Misook entered with a packet.     “Morning Mrs. Park.”

“Good morning. How are you feeling?”   She put the packet on the bed.

“Good. How is Stefan?”

“Coping up. Fever reduced though. Here is your dress; come down to breakfast after showering.”

Yoochun nodded and Misook left the room. He took out his dress and went in for a shower.

After coming out, he headed downstairs and saw Mr. Park with Stefan and Misook was serving on the table.

“Morning Mr. Park. Hey Stefan.”    Yoochun ruffled his head and took a seat. Finally noticing the absence of a certain someone he asked.

“Where is Minyoung?”

“She went out to visit someone.”    Misook slowly answered.

“Someone? Is she bringing the person here?”    He asked but not getting any answer, he asked nothing further but Mr. Park answered later.

“She’s visiting Hallett...”     Misook gaped at her husband; surprised to see that he has indeed shared the story with Yoochun. Yoochun on the other hand went into thoughts.

“Can you give me the location? I’d like to visit too...”

“Sure.”    Misook answered this time.   “Right after you finish breakfast.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong didn’t feel like going alone so he had invited Changmin to go with him and being the cute and tall and positive man, he had somehow persuaded Pani’s parents and brought the poor girl alone.

She fidgeted every time Changmin would pat on her head. Jaejoong merely smiled observing the slight closure between then...or least.

“How are you doing Pani? Ready to go?”

Pani looked at Jaejoong blankly and nodded. She wasn’t all too uncomfortable with Jaejoong unlike she was with Changmin. They arrived at the bus station and were waiting for the bus to Jeolla and Changmin, as usual, was poking her. Jaejoong himself got annoyed and smacked his head.

“Ow! What the!”

“Stop bothering her. I don’t want her to end up crying like last time.”

Pani blushed madly recalling the times she had ended up crying. Changmin rubbed his head and mumbled an apology; soon the bus arrived and they hopped on. Jaejoong sat in the front with Pani to make sure Changmin didn’t bother her much and Changmin pouted on another seat behind them. He huffed out seeing Pani distant from him.

Stupid Hyung...

Jaejoong noticed his annoyed face from the mirror before him in the bus and shook his head. But he had to admit that Changmin had more guts about his feelings than Jaejoong did. He admired that. Few hours went by quietly and Pani soon fell asleep on the window. Jaejoong stood up without her notice and poked Changmin.

“What is it?”    He glumly asked.

“Sit beside her...and don’t wake her up.”

Changmin’s eyes widened; more like sparkled up and he quickly stood up taking the seat. Jaejoong sat behind and finally shut his eyes. Changmin sat beside the sleeping girl and noticed her. Her head was on the closed window. He took her head softly and put it on his shoulder feeling all giddy inside him.

Jaejoong noticed that and shook his head again. He was such a novice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon they arrived, Jaejoong called up Hara not knowing the address while he asked Changmin to look up for a hotel to stay in. Jaejoong had taken Pani because he knew Chnagmin wouldn’t look properly if she stayed with him. Changmin, feeling grumpy had gone off alone. Pani looked relieved and Jaejoong’s call was received.

“Is that you Jaejoong?”

“Yep. We’re in Jeolla.”

“Wait, what? You’re in Jeolla? And who’s we?”

“Pani and Changmin, the team I was in during the competition. We’re looking for a place to stay but I have Pani with me. Care to give me your address so I can bring Pani over? We cant let a girl stay with two guys.”

“Of course! Bring her over, I’ll send the address right away.”

“Thanks a lot. Bye love...”

“Shut the up!”    She hung up making Jaejoong laugh. He looked over at Pani who looked restless.

“Pani, you’ll be staying with Hara while me and Changmin will stay at the hotel. Call your parents about your arrival.”    Jaejoong stated and Pani nodded; taking out her cell. After she was done she walked with Jaejoong to the address Hara had texted.

“Senior Hara didn’t mind about my stay over?”    Pani silently asked.

“Of course not. She’s the feminist kind; always there for ladies...”

“I know...”    Jaejoong looked at her and was surprised to see her reaction. She was smiling to herself...      “I have noticed her always...she’s really brave, kind and always stood up for everyone...she is something I wish to be.”

Jaejoong smiled hearing about Hara.

“But Changmin likes the real you.”

Her cheeks reddened again.

“Please don’t tease me.”    She looked away.

“It’s true. He likes you very much and he cares for you. He tries his best to make you comfortable but sometimes, he goes a bit too far. He’s just a kid...give him some time.”

“Can we...not talk about him?”

“Don’t you like him Pani?”

“I-I don’t know...I mean I’m mainly confused. He’s quite popular among others...he’s intelligent, smart and...good looking so why would he...like me? I mean...I’m plain and I don’t know how to talk to people.”

Jaejoong smiled in a brotherly manner and ruffled her head.

“Dont worry...he likes you because he just does. Don’t think much. I’ll let Changmin know where to come after he finds a hotel.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After arriving at her place, he was soon greeted by Hara’s mother but saw Mr. Koo’s papaya like face.

“You just couldn’t be alone two minutes without my girl.”

“Good to see you too old man.”    Jaejoong smirked at him. Pani soon bowed to the older ones and noticed Hara coming down.

“This is Lee Pani.”   Jaejoong introduced the girl to the people who bowed to her in return.

“Please Pani, make yourself at home.”    Hara stated with a smile Jaejoong longed to see for himself. Pani blushed and bowed again responding.

“Thank you for having me.”

“Welcme.just come to my room and we’ll freshen up. Jaejoong, where are your bags?”    Hara asked only noticing Pani’s backpack.

“We left them at the hotel.”   He stated with a light smile.     “Changmin is looking after it.”

“Well come along now Pani, we will leave the monster alone with another monster.”    Hara took Pani’s arm and led her to her own room while Jaejoong bowed to the parents once again when Mrs. Koo informed.

“We are having a barbeque tonight at 8. Be sure to be here on time.”

“Why are you inviting him? We don’t want freeloaders.”    Mr. Koo looked at the other side.

“Dont be so stingy.”

“Yeah don’t be so stingy Mr. Koo. We will be here at 8.”     Jaejoong imitated Mrs. Koo and winked at her before leaving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After coming out of the shower, Hara brought Pani some coffee and let it set on the table while Pani combed her messy hair..

“So you’re the tall boy’s girl.”    Hara chuckled as Pani blushed again.

“I’m not!”     She exclaimed hearing that from her senior.    “We are just neighbours...”

“Yeah I saw you two during the competition. I saw how he hugged you.”    Hara smirked but saw Pani’s flushed face. Finally feeling bad, she sat on the bed and hugged the little girl.

“It’s okay now Pani. He liking you isn’t bad. Your parents disapprove of him or something?”

“No...it’s just awkward how he...never mind. He doesn’t like me much. He just likes to bother me.”

“Well he has a weird way of showing how much he likes you.”

She said nothing further because she had no idea what to say...Hara shoved off the topic and went to take a shower herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minyoung stood near the grave upon which the name LJ Hallett was carved. There were many flowers on it, most from his family. The students of the past had moved on and the incidents were soon forgotten...but not for her.

She couldn’t forget any of it. The amount of trouble she had to bear made her realize that no matter what she did, however smartly she managed the problems; people would go on finding her fault.

She didn’t know whether she had actually forgiven him. Putting her share of gratitude, she turned to leave when she saw Yoochun standing there.

“Good morning Daemul...”

“Morning...what are you doing here?”   She asked walking to him.

“Visiting...”    He didn’t specify who.     “So this is the one who had made you like this...”

“Not really...”    She didn’t ask how he knew.    “I was always like this; just that the incidents had made me more on guard.”

“Too much if you ask me...”    Yoochun looked before him and asked.    “Have you managed to forgive him?”

“To be honest I don’t know...”

“Why didn’t you share these with your friends? They would have understood.”

“Didnt feel like it...I don’t share much anyway. You know that. It’s just so confusing to predict what their reactions would be.”

“Yeah...”    He nodded merely and observed the surrounding. Perhaps this was a good time to share.    “He said he loved you...didn’t he?”

“Yes...but the idiot didn’t even understand what love is.”

“I am confused as well...”   He confessed.    “At first I thought I loved Hara but that quickly changed when I saw the woman on the hill. To be honest Minyoung...I thought I was in love with the violin girl.”    He knew Minyoung’s reaction would be of shock. She was indeed.

Yoochun nodded and added.    “I mostly thought that because of what her music did to me. It put me back on the path I should be on...and then it confused me more. I just don’t know what love is anymore. Is it caring? Is it understanding? Is it just feeling protective or liking the company?”      He sighed.    “I don’t know what is what anymore...”

“Don’t push your head Yoochun. You’ll go crazy. Love is not that calculative...”    She smiled at him.

“Really? You’re saying that? Never knew you had ideas about these.”    Yoochun stated surprising Minyoung. She was quiet for few seconds before adding.

“That is because I never think about these...I let it flow. No one knows that about me.”

“At least you’re not getting angry about that.”    Yoochun put his hands in his pocket adding further.    “Is there any musical instrument showroom where I can play or practice?”

“Yes. Want me to show you around?”

Yoochun smiled again and nodded.

“I would love that.”

He was now truly confused...was he in love or was he just being a friend?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junsu was resting at his place and hasn’t heard from Ga-in for 2 days. He assumed she was taking care of Hyori. Soon he was called down for lunch with his brother and sister in law Jaemin and his mother. While they were eating, the door bell rang and the maid attended to it and his mother rushed from her seat.

“She must be here.”

“Who mother?”    Junsu asked curious. Not answering him, she went on and let the person in. Junsu left his chair astonished with the person’s presence.

“Ga-in? I thought you were with Hyori.”     Ga-in smiled with the rest and she was soon brought to their table. Somehow he was more surprised with her attire. She wore black ripped jeans and leather jacket which made her look like a visual kei girl. His mother didn’t seem to mind it.

“I was about to leave the next day we arrived but...”    Ga-in left off and his mother finished it.

“I called Mr. Son and asked him whether she could come over. He agreed...”

Why wouldn’t he?

“You should be happy to see her Suie.”    Jaemin cooed her brother in law.

“Yeah you should be happy to see me.”    Ga-in mimicked Jaemin and took a seat.

“I am!”    He exclaimed but then noticed all of their looks and he calmed himsed.

“I really am happy to see you here. So what will we do today?”    He asked Ga-in.

“Who said I’m here for you?”   Ga-in retorted.

“Yeah who said she’s here for you?”    Jaemin mimicked this time.    “She’s here to spend time with us women. I have a day off so mother and I decided to go out with Ga-in.”

“What?”    Junsu’s eyes popped out.    “But she’s my friend!”

“Not your girlfriend bro...”    Junho patted on his back.    “But I feel you. Even I have been excluded from their plans. I wanted to go shopping with them.”    Junho’s eyes sparkled like an anime character.

“Junho...you .”       Jaemin retorted at her husband making his cry even further.

“Well we’re done with breakfast now we better be off.”       Their mother left the chair with Jaemin and Ga-in secretly winked at Junsu. Before leaving the table she took a grape and put it in . He heard them walking away bidding them bye and he heard his mother complimenting Ga-in dress.

“Women are strange...”    Junho remarked looking at their figures vanishing away.

“You’re strange Junho...I wonder why Jaemin married you.”

“Because I’m funny...”

“You’re not at the age of being funny. You should be a dad already.”

“Not going to pressure my wife with that...”    Junho pouted.    “I will be a daddy when she’s fit to be a mommy...”

“Whatever...I can’t wait to be an uncle.”

“What are we going to do today then?”    Junho asked looking at sappy Junsu.

“What do you mean ‘we’? You have office. Get your in there. We only have three days left for vacation and I have to study for exams.”

“Fine...”    Junho stomped off the table.    “Ungrateful brother...”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ga-in had studies too but she had planned her schedule accordingly to cover all. She kind of liked spending time with the Kims and Jaemin was a sweetheart. She just ogled at baby shops looking at baby clothes.

“Jaemin, you’re not pregnant so stop looking at them like you’re a mother already.”    Her mother in law got fed up of her fancying baby things.

“But mother look at them; they look so gorgeous. I will become a mother someday...dont you want to be a granny?”    She asked pouting at her mother in law.

“Oh don’t pout. You know I can’t resist that pout of yours. Fine you can look at them.”    She laughed and Ga-in was just shocked to see just closure between them. She heard in laws never get along...this was just plain opposite. Ga-in was looking at jewelleries...well basically just earrings and bracelets. She would try them on and make Mrs. Kim try them on.

“Mrs. Kim these really suit you.”

“But these are for youngsters.”    She retorted.

“You just said you’re not that old. Plus you wear jeans and shirts so these would go perfectly.”     Ga-in defended her. It was true that Mrs. Kim was different from other old ladies. She preferred wearing jeans and shirts rather than dresses.

They shopped all day; mostly western clothes and jeans for Mrs. Kim and plenty of baby materials for Jaemin. She was acting weird today...they ate at a street place and Jaemin ate amount of two people. They made enough time to the amusement park and they kept the heavy amount of bags in their car. The body guards were bored so the ladies brought them ice creams and shared food and took crazy pictures.

Now they were standing near a wedding dress shop. They were just looking at the dresses even though they could buy them. Ga-in looked at a low cut dress. Mrs. Kim stood beside her; observing the dress.

“This would suit you.”

Ga-in snorted because she couldn’t imagine herself in a dress...let alone a wedding dress.

“Where is Jaemin?”    Mrs. Kim asked after noticing her absence. They assumed she had entered the shop. Sighing together they entered the shop and looked around.

“Excuse me miss, have you seen an overly excited lady around here? She’s a bit peachy looking?”    Ga-in chuckled hearing Mrs. Kim’s description of her daughter in law.

“She is in the restroom madam...she doesn’t look so good.”

Ga-in and Mrs. Kim looked at each other. That was uncalled for because Jaemin rarely got sick and she was doing so well today.

“I’ll go and check. Where’s the washroom?”   Mrs. Kim asked and was shown to the restroom. Ga-in waited few seconds until she was suddenly called for loudly. Ga-in rushed with few other staff to the washroom and saw what had happened.

Mrs. Kim was holding onto unconscious Jaemin.

“Help! She was already unconscious when I got here.”    Mrs. Kim panicked. Ga-in rushed to the body and held her.

“Her pulse has reduced. We need to take her to the hospital. Mrs. Kim please call the bodyguards.”

“But I just sent them away for a break with the car. I don’t know where they are now. They could be far long gone!”

Ga-in was trying to think and she looked at the women around her.

“Please call a cab, we need to go now.”    The lady nodded and scurried out.

“What will we do?”   Mrs. Kim asked and Ga-in was trying to pick Jaemin’s body.

“Please help me pick her up on my back. We will take her there ourselves.”

Mrs. Kim nodded and helped her carry piggy back Jaemin.

“Are you sure you can piggyback her?”    It was just unusual for a woman to carry another woman.

“I can...I have carried heavier things.”

She stood up hastily and walked slowly out of the restroom and the rest of the women were helping and the lady soon entered.

“Cab is here.”

Ga-in and Mrs. Kim; along with few ladies went to the cab and the driver rushed out helping Ga-in to get Jaemin in the car. After putting her comfortably, they rode off while Mrs. Kim called Junho and Ga-in called Junsu.

After arriving at the hospital, they quickly took her and attached the saline. The doctors were checking her pulse which has reduced and her heart beat which was normal. A doctor came by and asked some information like her age and status. Of course Mrs. Kim told them she was married and soon a Gynaecologist was called.

After 15 minutes or so the doctor came out with a smile giving them the good news.

“She is pregnant. Congrats Mrs. Kim. Where is her husband?”

“On the way.”    The bright smile appeared on both of their faces but it soon faded.    “But why is her pulse so low?”

“She had been skipping her basic needs.”

“But she eats so well...”    Mrs. Kim recalled her eating today.

“She must have been over working; after all she is one of the most influential paediatricians...she works too much. She needs to rest. She’ll be up within 15 minutes or so and then you can take her home.”    Bowing, the doctor left the ladies alone and Mrs. Kim soon became dramatic.

“This morning she was talking about babies...as if she knew.”   She was smiling with tears in her eyes.    “And now...I don’t know what to call this. I’m a granny...”

“Congrats Granny Kim.”    Ga-in smiled lightly.

“Thank you, Ga-in, for being here. I wouldn’t know what I could have done. I panicked more...”

“It’s alright Mrs. Kim...”    Ga-in didn’t let her finish.    “It is a good news. The media will roar over this...”

“Specially after knowing how the heir of Son had carried her on her back like a man.”    Mrs. Kim ended up laughing. Ga-in wouldn’t mind if it became flash news. Their silence was soon interrupted by Junho and Junsu’s arrival. They both looked worried.

“Calm down Junho...she’s pregnant.”    Mrs. Kim announced.

“You’re a dad.”    Ga-in added with a light smile shocking both guys...

“I’m...I’m a dad? Really? This is no joke right?”     He asked looking at them...Junsu patted on his brother’s back.

“Congrats...I’m an uncle.”    He chuckled and looked at Ga-in.

“Then can I meet her?”    Junho asked anxiously.

“She’s unconscious now. She fainted at the dress shop in the restroom and Ga-in carried her to the cab. Me, being stupid had sent the guards for a small break and Ga-in acted quickly.”    Mrs. Kim shared the story while Junsu observed Ga-in’s unfocused face. She was thinking something...

“Me and Ga-in will get some coffee mother.”    Junsu stated and getting permission to go. While walking alone to the coffee machine, Junsu poured two cups and handed one to Ga-in.

“What are you thinking?”

“Nothing...”

“I know there is something...Are you thinking about Hyori?”

Her eyes shot up...she was exactly thinking about her.

“How could you relate?”

“She had a miscarriage...and you just carried my sis-in-law here...you were desperate to save her...and maybe you guessed that she could be pregnant.”

“I really want to smack you now...stop reading my mind.”    She smiled weakly taking a sip. Junsu smiled in return and added.

“Remember you asked me why I fell in love with you? You asked me what made me fall in love with you...I think I found my answer.”

“Really...what is it?”

“Not gonna tell you here...things will get dramatic.”

Ga-in shrugged it off and quietly had their coffee while Mrs. Kim called Jaemin’s parents to give the news and they informed their arrival. By then the nurse had informed that Jaemin was awake. Junho rushed in and sat beside his wife and took her hands while the rest watched.

“Hey you..”      Junho softly greeted his wife.

“Hey yourself...you look terrible.”    Jaemin weakly.

“Still have the energy to mock me.”    Junho remarked and added.    “Your family is coming...”

“Why? I just fainted...its nothing. It must be from plenty of work.”

They looked at each other trying not to laugh out.

“Junho I think we should leave you two alone to sort things out.”    Mrs. Kim took Junsu and Ga-in out of the room. But they saw the reaction from outside through the glass and Jaemin looked she could scream out any second.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The barbeque had already started and Hara’s cousins were all here and smell of delicious food soon caught Changmin’s nose at the doorstep.

“Food!!!”    he exclaimed and rang the bell few times until Jaejoong smacked his hand away.

“As if you never ate...you’ll embarrass me Changmin.”

“You’re no fair...”    Changmin huffed and Mrs. Koo soon opened the door and let them in.     “The barbeque is in the backyard. Come on in.”    She led them out in the backyard and Changmin’s eyes soon fell on Pani who was with Hara and few other guys. His face turned red due to slight anger because of the guys.

“I’ll be right back hyung...”    He muttered and walked to them and called out.   “Pani! Honey!”     Pani snapped at him bewildered as she saw him standing beside her and taking her arm.

“Hi there Changmin. This is Shim Changmin, a junior of mine at Meastro and Pani’s friend too. And these are my maternal cousins Changmin, Benji and George.”

“Hi there.”   Changmin greeted much to his dismay and was pulling Pani real close. Her face turned red and Hara noticed that. She quietly reached Changmin’s ears whispering to him.

“They are both married Changmin...you can let the girl go.”

“Oh!”    He freed Pani and lied.   “Why didn you tell me that you wanted some punch? I’ll get them now.”

He rushed to the punch table as Hara giggled. Her cousins’ wives soon returned from their washroom break and got back with their husbands. Hara took Pani walking by and soon  noticed Jaejoong aside. Changmin quickly came back with punch and stood beside Pani. Hara left their side and walked to Jaejoong.

“I have many unmarried beautiful looking female cousins here. You can check them out you know?”

“Really?.”    Jaejoong smirked. Hara took his arm and turned him around pointing at a young lady talking to two other.

“Wow...they are prettier than you Hara. I wonder why I’m pursuing you.”    Jaejoong spoke in a nonchalant manner.

“Beats me girlie...your head’s messed up.”

“Hmm...but I already gave my heart to you. How can I just tell it to be given to someone else? It is used to you.”

“Try something new. New is good.”

Jaejoong chuckled.    “You’ll never give up.”

“Likewise Jaejoong. I wonder why Changmin cant show his feelings more properly to Pani.”

“He’s a kid...it’ll take time to learn.”

“Unlike you...”   She muttered looking other way.

“Then my dear lady; would you introduce me to you pretty cousins? I’m sure I can give my heart to someone here.”   Jaejoong smiled widely looking at Hara.

“Of course.”    She led him to a bunch of single ladies.

Changmin went on annoying Pani. He would startle her being too close or suddenly hug her in front of other youngsters. He had given all the wrong idea about them. Being troubled, she excused herself from Changmin’s watch to the rooftop. Soon Hara and Jaejoong noticed her absence and Changmin’s gloomy face.

“You pissed her off again.”    Hara stated and Changmin sadly nodded.

“You should apologize...go to her.”

“What would I say?”

“Say...what you want to say. Just don’t piss her off.”    Hara pushed Changmin forward and he quickly went up to the roof.

“This kid...he is really stupid.”    Jaejoong mumbled.

“Hara! Play the piano!”   One of the cousins called and the rest cheered for her to do so. Although there was no grand piano in their house, she did have a grand keyboard. Her father soon brought out the keyboard and plugged it in and set in on the table.

Jaejoong stood aside looking at her; anticipating her play. And after turning and fixing the instrument to piano mode...her fingers ran on the keys.

It started with a mid tempo but her fingers ran fast. It was the piano cover of Enya’s Caribbean blue. Jaejoong felt like singing the song himself but he didn’t know the lyrics and the tune was absolutely lovely...

Changmin could hear the keyboard play downstairs and Pani noticed the presence behind her. She turned around sharply and saw him standing there...the two of them being alone scared her. His face was serious as never before...

It was as if...his heart would just pour out to her.

“Changmin...”    She murmured...

“Pani...”    He responded and seeing her face; he couldn’t hide it any longer. It was as if Hara’s play was giving him the encouragement he needed to confess.

“I cant hold it in any longer...”    He stated walking closer to her.

“What are you?”

“I want to spend the rest of my life with you Pani...”

Her eyes widened as he just cut her off. He was close enough to make her breaths stop.

As Hara pressed the last three keys, Changmin’s lips pressed her upper ones softly. He held her arms to prevent her from escaping or falling for that matter. Her eyes remained wide and her brain stopped thinking but the heart just functioned faster.

This was just too soon...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun entered the shop with Minyoung and his eyes sparkled like a kid seeing varieties of piano. He just wanted to buy all of it but that would be a waste.

“What kind of piano does Hara have?”    he asked looking at Minyoung.

“She doesn’t. She practices on a keyboard her father brought. They didn’t have enough space for it.”

“Too bad...maybe I could buy one...”

“Nope...it would lay waste in the backyard. Buy yourself one.”

“I already have one...I wish I could play one...”    He almost jumped thinking about it.

“You can...look there.”    She pointed at a side to show a kid practicing on a piano just to test it. She was pressing with just a finger at a time. The piece was basic do re mi and he was watching closely feeling light but the little one was soon called by her mother. Seeing his puppy face, Minyoung went to the employee and asked him whether they could practice here. He nodded and showed the piano the girl was earlier playing.

“Yoochun; sit and play.”

“Me?”   Yoochun pointed to himself.   “Oh no! Don’t wanna be a bother.”    He exclaimed in English.

“Please sir, we allow this piano to be played. In fact we are pleased to see customers interested.”

“Well...”   Rubbing his head he added.   “If you allow me so. Thank you.”

He took his seat and cracked his fingers...his head was somehow filled with a favourite of his. A happy go lucky kind of tune...

He started playing the tune that he had practiced...it was Enya’s waterfall. Minyoung was more than impressed with his flow but not surprised. She knew he felt at peace at the moment. The tune was heard by outsiders and people started coming in to listen to the melody that was popular among all.

The people listened with awe and some even started taking videos of it. This was a good thing for the shop. Minyoung smiled at a corner...hearing all praising his skills.

He sure has matured...

He was no longer the Mickey she knew...she felt at peace as well...she could see the bright smile on his face as if this was the only time he wanted to be fixated forever. The tune lasted for 2 minutes and applause was given by all. Mickey felt a bit shy and got off the seat and soon another expert player felt like playing. He took the seat and Mickey was praised highly as he stood beside Minyoung.

“This is actually nice...”

The man started a piece by Joe Hisiashi, a town with an ocean view. The composition was mid tempo as they all listened. The man was perhaps far more skilled than Yoochun...but it was leaving a feeling in his heart.

He took a glance at Minyoung who listened observantly with the rest. He felt like saying everything like the waves of the ocean. The tune was getting faster and more rushing and he just couldn’t take the burden of hiding anything anymore and he felt like...nothing would go wrong.

“Minyoung...”   He whispered near her ears startling her.

She looked at him, indicating him to go on...

“I know...”

“Know what?”   She silently asked.

“I know that...you’re the violin girl...”

Claps filled the studio as her face became unreadable...she merely gaped at him within the loud cheers and not once Yoochun blinked.

It was like a burden had been lifted off ones heart but pressed onto another’s...