Cad

Maestro

The cad

________________________________

 

Hara was feeling dizzy since yesterday, she had been thinking of having some lone time to herself. It was only 8 in the morning when she set outside, heading to the library. Neither her nanny nor Ga-in asked anything, actually Ga-in was sleeping at that time.

     She set out in the cold to the library or bookstore whichever she preferred. Her head had been filled with thoughts she never had. She had never been in love, no man ever had the guts to propose to her and in Maestro, and no one had the time to. Which was she was never worried about these issues.

     When she stepped into the bookstore, she saw someone she didn’t expect, Jaejoong. He was reading standing beside the book shelf. She quickly hid herself, not wanting to be seen by him. Who knows he might avoid her; making her feel more pathetic towards herself. She tiptoed back to the gate and quietly opened the door.

 

“Hello Ms Hara, when did you come here?”   The shopkeeper suddenly noticed her and asked earning Jaejoong’s attention. She stopped and looked back at the woman and sheepishly smiled then ran out of the door. Jaejoong quickly kept the book on the shelf and chased after her.

She quickly ran knowing he might come after her though she didn’t know why. Why would he come after her? He avoided her first, he might wonder why she ran out but he shouldn’t care. So why is she worrying?

Her arm was grabbed back by a rough hand. Jaejoong pulled her to face him in an empty street. Her hair flew with the force pulled.

   They faced each other, Jaejoong with a cold face while Hara with a questioning expression. Jaejoong pursed his lips into a thin line showing his exasperation. Hara tried to act cool and nonchalant about it. She yanked herself away from him and flipped her hair back on purpose.

 

“What do you want?”   She asked in a snobby way.

 

“Why did you run away?”   He asked.

 

“Oh, I forgot my purse at home; I had to pay for the previous book.”   She lied.

 


“Oh, are you sure you didn’t try to run away because of me?”   Jaejoong pointed out in a needle point way.

 

“Because of you? Why would you even think that? I mean what did I do wrong that I would run away from you?”       She laughed like a doll.

 

“I don’t know…maybe playing with someone’s feelings.”   He annoyingly said.

 

“Playing? Oh you don’t mean yesterday, it was just a kiss and on the cheek.”

 

“But he is thinking something else…”

 

“So what if he is, by the way he did ask me to be his ‘life partner’ so that kiss is a hint of my approval. The big approval will be from my family.”       She said with a very evil smirk on her face.

 

“You can’t just toy around with him like that!”   He growled.

 

“Toying with him? Excuse me; I’m not the one toying with him you are! You were the one who left without an answer and next telling me to accept you best friend’s feelings speaking of which why would I do anything you say and another point, if you don’t like you can just say it instead of leaving without an answer. I wouldn’t have minded at all…but you are acting like as if I have done something disgusting. You were the one to tell me to accept Yoochun now you are telling me to stop ‘toying with him’! Make up your mind what you want me to do! And stay out of my life!”     She barked out all of it.

Jaejoong kept staring at her for few seconds taking in her anger and her points. She was right in every way and Jaejoong was being the hypocrite here.

 

“I hate you Jaejoong, very much. In fact I would very much like to accept Yoochun’s feelings but I’m not like you; being a liar to a friend and above that, a best friend. I have my own priority too. I should consider my feelings first. Right now I don’t want to talk to you.”   She said and turned to leave when Jaejoong grabbed her hand again.

 

“You wouldn’t dare Hara. Don’t you dare hurt my friend. You will accept his feelings wholeheartedly without any sort of trick.”   He coldly said sending shivers down Hara’s spine. She got very scared of this side of him. She stared at him and his very stoned side. opened to say something but she couldn’t. She thought if she did, he might do something. She knew he wasn’t indecent neither evil but a vibe started coming out of him.

 

“Let go off me Jaejoong.”   She mumbled out.

He slowly let his grip loose. He was quite surprised himself. He looked at her face-it was stiff scared.

 

“Just tell me the truth…do you feel the same or not?”   She asked at last yet scared.

His head held up high with air trying to come out. He couldn’t lie to her, but he had to.

 

“No Hara, I’m sorry but I love someone else.”   He said.

 

“…Either way may I know who it is?”   She lightly asked.

 

“No, but you don’t know her as well.”

Hara nodded slowly, not sad at the fact of rejection but the face she had to see to find the truth.

 

“You could have just told me that…you didn’t have to be so…cold.”   Jaejoong felt Hara stabbing an icicle in his heart. He was cold, he was always considered cold during his entire lifetime. But Hara was the first one to say that. He always saw girls liking his cold expression as an attractive feature but she was the first one who didn’t go on his face. She didn’t fall for his face and he got the evidence today which means she is the right one for Yoochun.

Hara walked away leaving Jaejoong, though she still couldn’t understand why he had tears yesterday. She thought maybe he had been lying. In fact, he was crying now. Tears fell on his cheeks as she left. She didn’t leave him; he pushed her away because she wasn’t like the others.

 

~I love you. ~

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Minyoung, Ga-in and Hara were walking to class, on the way Minyoung’s classroom came first so she bid her mates goodbye and entered her class. Hara and Ga-in were walking to their class when they saw Yoochun on his way.

 

“What are you going to do Hara?” Ga-in asked looking at her friend.

 

“I’m going to be honest.”   She answered, she told Ga-in about Jaejoong’s rejection but not the part where she tried to run away and his cold side.

 

“Hey Yoochun.”   They both called, he saw and waved back coming to the girls.

 

“What’s up ladies?”   He greeted.

 

“Yoochun, I have an answer to your offer.”   Hara smiled. Yoochun looked confused then realized what she was talking about but he was getting shy that Ga-in was present. Ga-in chuckled and moved away seeing his blushed face. Hara looked at him confidently.

 

“Yoochun I don’t want to hurt you by leading you in a relationship where only one party feels.”

 

“What…does that mean…?”

 

“Let me finish. Love isn’t enough in a relationship. You didn’t ask me to be your girlfriend; you asked me whether I see as a competent life partner. Besides my family’s approvals there are things we need to understand such as our daily life style, our goals, our future whether we have to stay separate for our work, or if I become more successful than you, then children whether one could bear such responsibility.”   Yoochun blushed when she mentioned children.

 

“There’s nothing to be shy about, of course love is needed but these should be considered too. Like when do you get up?”    She suddenly asked

 

“What?”   He tilted his head.

 

“When do you get up?”

 

“Uhh…at 11 or 12 sometimes more late.”   He shrugged.

 

“See, I wake up at least late at 9. You see the difference, we might not adjust together, if you can adjust with me then we might start a relationship together otherwise…we shouldn’t even think about it. You get me Yoochun other than that I see you as a very good friend. Of course I don’t love you but I might later, but that doesn’t mean we should try because it isn’t some work to complete.”

He looked at her with amazement. The girls he remembered all went ‘Oppa, Oppa, Oppa!’ god he hated those. But she is thinking the issues which become the main reasons for divorce.

 

“I understand Hara, but I still want to try…please, giving me two weeks as you said you might love me later, I want to give ourselves a chance. Please.”   He stated. She looked at him seeing his determination to make it work.

She smiled and agreed. Yoochun smiled wide and almost went yippee. Ga-in saw and laughed, she left to her class while Hara and Yoochun went to their class together.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Minyoung knew that Ga-in had known everything about Yoochun and Jaejoong, in fact when she pretended not to know anything and asked about Jaejoong’s answer, Hara said he rejected but Yoochun proposed but she didn’t mention one thing- Jaejoong was the one who gestured her to accept Yoochun’s feeling and Hara didn’t know that Jaejoong actually loved her, though the big man knew that the doll had some idea of his feelings.

 

‘Did they really think I’m that stupid? They must be thinking I would kill Jaejoong if I knew what he did. Though I do want to kill him’

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ga-in was peacefully concentrating her class when she suddenly had the urge to go to the restroom now, she raised her hand and asked Mr. Shank land whether she could go, and he permitted her to. She stepped out and went to the restroom, while coming back she suddenly saw Jaejoong in the corridor. He seemed aimless the way he was walking and the fact that he was walking near the boy’s restroom got Ga-in more curious.

 

‘Is he sick? Maybe I should help him.’ She walked towards him forgetting about the class meanwhile. But then she saw him walking ahead.

 

‘Where’s he going? Doesn’t he have class with Junsu?’   She followed him quietly but then…she knew where he was going. He was climbing the stairs.

 

‘What the hell is he doing? He’s gonna miss the class.’ Though she was missing her own class, she still followed him and he didn’t seem to notice. He was way into somewhere else. He crouched up at least 3 storey’s making Ga-in tired. Then he stepped out in the rooftop.

Then she saw something really shocking. The good-looking face of his had tears falling down and she could only see the side of his face. Then she heard him sobbing badly as if he lost someone, very important.

 

“I’m so sorry, so sorry.” He mumbled loud enough for her to hear. He fell down on his knees and covered his face with his hands.

 

‘What the f… that boy is crying! Damn, wait till Hara knows about this.’

 

“Hara… I’m sorry.”

 

‘What?’   That caught her attention.

 

“I’m really sorry…I love you.”   The last sentence came out in a whisper.

Ga-in’s eyes popped out wide not just in shock but also in anger. Her teeth clenched as she stepped out in the roof. She grabbed the collar of his back, shocking the poor boy, and punched him on his cheek causing him to fall.

 

“You Bastard! You lowly scum! Hurting her like that now crying like a sissy you pathetic excuse for a man!”   She pulled him up and punched him again. He fell but didn’t move he lay there with the words entering his ears.

His eyes were still filled with water and his lip was bleeding lightly, he started sobbing again. Ga-in-seeing this side of him-wanted to beat him more. She pulled him up again and raised her fists when…

 

“GA-IN! What are you doing? Let him go! Now!”   Junsu suddenly came out and pulled her away from him. He rushed to Jaejoong and knelt down before him, looking at him and wiping the blood.

 

“Hyung You’k? What were you thinking Ga-in? How could you punch him like that? What did he do to you?”   He growled at her. She just stood there and looked at him as if Junsu was really stupid here.

 

“Does it hurt you to see him like that Junsu? Well guess what it also hurts me when I see Hara like this and I had to see her like that and it’s all because of this two faced bastard!”   She pointed at the fallen boy.

 

“Well you can’t just beat everyone as you wish, just because no one speaks against you doesn’t mean anyone will. Now get out of my way.”   Junsu picked Jaejoong up and started walking when Jaejoong turned around. Junsu was surprised to see this, he hadn’t expected Jaejoong to take a girl’s beating then look at her the second time.

 

“I’m sorry Ga-in, I deserve it. I...know how you feel about your friend and you don’t want to see her hurt, but so cant me.”     That struck Ga-in…of course if she is worried about her room-mate Hara, then he’s worried about Mickey. Junsu paid no further attention and took him out.

 

‘What was I thinking? I thought she was different, but she isn’t. She’s just a bully as usual and I have to do something about it…and I think I have something.   Junsu thought as he took Jaejoong to the nursing room.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ga-in stood there and her head repeated Jaejoong’s words in her mind. She can’t blame him can she? He was right about it. She punched the poor boy, was it for no reason then? What might happen? She might be suspended, or fined, or extra class work…but in reality what would happen? She cannot be grounded or scolded by her only parent-her father.

 

‘That man will never care.’

 

“Well you can’t just beat everyone as you wish, just because no one speaks against you doesn’t mean anyone will.”

‘Why does he bother me? What does he know? I don’t beat anyone I wish, where did he get that idea?’

She was sort of jealous of him now…yet…

 

You don’t know anything dolphin.’

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Jaejoong and Junsu while their class with Mrs. Yvonne, suddenly started feeling sick. Getting wet in the rain wasn’t the best idea.

 

“May I go to the restroom professor Yvonne?”   He weakly asked.

 

“Yes dear.”   She permitted. He stood up and about to walk but when his body almost gave up on his strength and about to fall but Junsu fortunately grabbed his hand from falling.

 

“Mr. Kim, are you alright?”   Yvonne rushed to him while all the students stared at him.

 

“You alright Hyung?”   Junsu asked. He looked at everyone and lightly nodded.

 

“I just need to go to the bathroom.” He stated.

 

“Alright dear, Mr. Junsu please accompany him, or else he might collapse in the restroom.”

 

“Yes professor.”   Junsu helped Jaejoong walk to the restroom. While he was in there, Junsu also had the urge to go. As soon as Jaejoong came out Junsu went in telling him to wait. Unknown to Junsu Jaejoong had something else in his mind. He was too lost in his thoughts and who would have thought the girl he knew for only few days would deeply touch his heart to the extent that without her, he would even think of not living though he didn’t intend to at the moment.

 

His throat was hurting so much that he was about to cry but he couldn’t let anyone see so-even though tired and weak-started walking towards the stairs. Junsu came out and saw Jaejoong not here, but he did see Ga-in walking up the stairs, then he saw Jaejoong’s foot on the second set of stairs. Right there he knew something was wrong, but he was also worried whether he would call him or Ga-in. he was after all sick so he had to stop him but something told him not to.

 

When he reached the rooftop, he saw that Ga-in was already punching Jaejoong and seemed the second time to Junsu.

So right now he just entered the nursing room.

 

“Is anyone here? I have an injured person.”   Junsu called. A woman came out with a box and looked at Jaejoong surprisingly. She has never seen a student in this condition and above the fact too beautiful to be a guy.

 

“My, what’s the matter with him?”   She asked.

 

“Well someone…”   Junsu was cut off by Jaejoong.

 

“I fell down the stairs.”   Jaejoong said. Junsu looked at him with ‘what-the…’ face. Nevertheless she sat Jaejoong down and took out an aid box. She mended the cut on his lip and put some ice on the cheek which had turned light purple.

 

“You’re the transfer student I might guess.”   She stated they both nodded.

 

“My name is Asahina…anyway I’ll let your class know what happened to you. Which class were you two doing?”

 

“Mrs. Yvonne’s class, Jaejoong Hyung wanted to go the restroom but he almost collapsed. Could you please check what’s wrong with him?”   Junsu asked. She took her stereoscope and checked his breathing.

 

“Turn around…” Jaejoong did as he was told. She checked tapping the stereoscope on his back.

 

“Your breathing is uneven…I need to check your pressure.”   She said.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Junsu asked.

 

“I can’t say anything now, I need to see his blood pressure then conclude it but anyhow he needs rest. I suggest you have to go home.”   She said and took out the equipment to measure. She wrapped the foam around his arm and squeezed the air. She kept looking until she found the problem.

 

“90-60, borderline low. You need vitamins and stay away from proteins. I know it’s kind of awkward not to eat eggs and milk but that’s what needed for low BP. You need iodine in your body and take rest. You’re lucky you have BP of athletes and children but I think you can’t handle this low.”

He lay down with Junsu beside his bed. He didn’t know what to do or whether she should tell anyone.

 

“Junsu please don’t tell anyone, it’s my fault.”   Jaejoong mumbled looking at him.

 

“Please Hyung I know what you’re thinking; being goody-two-shoes isn’t going to stop me from complaining about this.”   Junsu remarked.

 

“Don’t judge on situations you don’t know about Junsu. She has a good reason; perhaps I would have done the same thing.”   Jaejoong looked away. Junsu became quiet, maybe he does judge on things without knowing first. But what could be the reason? He didn’t harass her, or say anything bad…he has to ask her himself cause he wasn’t going to tell him anything.

 

“I think you should go to your class now, he can stay here till your class finishes and take this form and show it to Mrs. Yvonne, she’ll understand. And you can’t refuse Mr. Jaejoong.”   She said and went to another room. Jaejoong looked at Junsu once again before leaving.

 

“Promise me you won’t tell anyone about this.”   He asked. He looked at him then lightly nodded, but then he had other things to find this out.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“I’m sorry Mr. Shank land for being late.”   Ga-in bowed and entered the class with her gloomy face.

 

“That’s fine piper…now take your seat.”   He said.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ga-in’s class had finished and while coming out she thought she should see Jaejoong.

 

‘He might be at nurse Asahina’s and she would know by now what I did.’   She gloomily walked when she saw Junsu coming towards her from Mrs. Yvonne’s. He seemed very angry and she knew. She just didn’t want this show to occur in front of everyone.

He stood in front of her and bored his eyes into hers. She had idea he might do something that can cause her getting expelled, but she knew she deserved it.

 

“Come on, hit me…beat me, slap me, do whatever you want. I hit your friend and I deserve the same.”   She muttered without looking at him.

She was expecting a slap, or shout…but instead she felt a tight grab ob her wrist and the force of being pulled. He started walking among the students pulling her along. He didn’t care what the others thought; as a matter of fact they didn’t care. The students in the hallway simply thought he was forcefully pulling he put of friendliness to eat or to study. Since Ga-in is very well known here which means she is too busy in studies, this transferred student was forcing her to give herself a break. However they were wrong.

He pulled her out of the building and took her to the backyard of the building. Once they got there, he yanked her away on opposite of him. Ga-in was a little surprised to get this from him. He was always a ninny as she thought but…not this time she guessed.

 

“You’re very lucky to have chosen a victim who doesn’t tell his problems to others. If it wasn’t for me seeing you then you would have done your deed. How dare you hit him? Who do you think you are? This university might dance under your strings and teachers may not say anything because of your status and your peeps may think you are cool but I think you are pathetic! You always pick on those who can keep their mouth shut. First Sungmin now my Hyung? You…..”

He went on babbling. The name Sungmin caught her attention causing her to tilt.

 

‘How did he know of him?’ She looked at him surprisingly.

 

“I will not tell anyone about this but….”   He kept on saying when she interrupted him.

 

“What did Sungmin tell you?”   She slowly asked.

 

“What?”

 

“What did he tell you?”   She repeated herself.

 

“Why do you ask, so you can shut him up permanently?”   He raised a brow at her.

She looked away tiring…he always gets the wrong impression of her and she always has to explain. She was having an extreme headache.

 

“You know what Junsu? Your girlfriend isn’t going to be so lucky because you’re going to keep getting the wrong thing about her.”   She stated.

 

“Don’t change the topic piper.”   He clenched.

 

“No let me say this, you always get the wrong information don’t you? You always judge without knowing the entire situation, I understand what I did to him but ask him for once what he did. If he doesn’t tell you then I have nothing to say and about Sungmin at least bring out some evidence before you go blaming someone and another thing to let you know bullying Sungmin wasn’t a small thing, it had gone to the girl’s parents so you can go ask him or…I don’t even know why am I explaining these to you.” She muttered.

Junsu was sick of this statement-always misjudging a situation; he didn’t want to hear that. He had to do this reasonably and he will.

“You will tell me the truth Ga-in, if not normally then perhaps through the contract. This is my first command-I want you to tell me what’s going on with Jaejoong Hyung you talk so much about; and Sungmin and tell me the truth.” He stated. Ga-in looked at him, wondering that he had still remembered this and of course she respects the terms otherwise she wouldn’t even have bothered about it.

 

“Fine Junsu…you want the truth... I’ll provide every single one of them with evidence.”

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::