Carelessness

Maestro

 

Junsu, Ga-in, Jaejoong and Hara were sitting at the lunch table. Yoochun hadn’t returned to their apartment last night so the other two guessed he would come to class directly. Minyoung had let the two girls’ know that she would be there as soon as she could.

 

Junsu was looking at Jaejoong who was not looking at him. Hara was quiet who was also looking at Jaejoong of course she had other reasons. Ga-in on the other hand was eating.

 

“Yo guys!”    Yoochun caught their attention raising his hand above. Soon Jaejoong mostly was relieved to see him. However they were all surprised to see bandages on his face and full sleeved shirt during this weather.

 

“What happened to you? Had a chicken fight?”   Ga-in retorted causing Yoochun to laugh.

 

“Sort of. So how’s everything Hara? Where’s…Daemul?”    Yoochun noticed big man’s absence.

 

“Don’t know. She said she’ll be here soon.”    Junsu answered glumly.

 

“What’s up with the downright depressing mood?”    Yoochun asked looking at their faces.

 

“Nothing.”    Hara smiled at the dude assuring him.

Right then Hara’s cell beeped. She took it out to see an sms from Minyoung.

 

“Hey guys Minyoung had to buy somethings before coming to class so she needs someone to help her carrying it here. I’ll go and help her.”    Hara stood up however only to be stopped by Yoochun.

 

“I’ll go! I’m a guy…I can quickly and solely carry it here. Where is she?”

 

“2nd floor corridor B.”    Hara mumbled seeing him so agitated. Yoochun sprinted off with much speed causing Ga-in to gape at his vanishing figure. The noodle string was hanging from .

 

“Since when did he become so eager to help Daemul?”  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Minyoung had about three bags filled with tools and the violin on her back. She stood there aside keeping the bags on the floor. Well Hara should be here any moment now yet she did not think she’ll be able to help her alone so Ga-in might come along too.

 

“Hey! Daemul!”   A male voice caught her attention. She looked sidewise to see Yoochun running towards her.

 

Yoochun? What’s he doing here?

She straightened up as he stopped in front of her with a goofy smile but…he had bandages on his face.

 

“Yoochun…what happened to you?”

 

“Oh these?”   He touched his face.    “Just fell.”

 

“They look serious…”   she kept gaping at his face for some reason.

 

“Awe look you’re worried about me.”    He causing her to chuckle. He quickly picked the bags but…

 

“Ouch!”     He noticed how heavy it was and the pain was too much however noticing the worried look her face, he acted as if he was joking.    “What are you carrying? Your entire house?”    He started walking while Minyoung tagged along.

 

“These are tools to fix my car and my backyard garden.”

 

“You can fix a car and a garden?”   He asked bewildered.

 

“Yes I can. In fact I was the one who taught Hara.”    She was quite proud to say it.

 

“You know, you can just call a mechanic and a gardener.”

 

“Why bother when I can do so myself?”

 

“Cheapo.”

 

“Lazy.”

 

“Papaya face.”

 

“Bill board head.”

 

“Shorty.”

 

“Moobs.”

Yoochun gasped hearing that. He never thought she could use such words.

 

“My my Big man, you sure do have a potty mouth.”

 

“Look who’s talking, you called me papaya face and cheapo.”

 

“Well you just said moobs! I am sure you don’t even know what that means. Must have learned it from younger kids.”

 

“Of course I know what moob means. Don’t you think I was young once?”

 

“You must have been an old hag ever since you were born.”

 

“And you always had that giant forehead didn’t you? No wonder you have such small brains.”

 They walked down the stairs arguing and by the time they reached the lunch hall Minyoung was already fuming mad.

 

“You are the dumbest, big-fore headed, man with s I have ever seen!”   Although no one around them heard it besides the guys on the table. They didn’t expect Minyoung to say such thing.

 

“Well you’re the most egoistic, papaya faced cheapo girl I have ever seen!”    Yoochun dropped her heavy bags shaking the guys.

 

“Ugh! You are such a woman Mickey!”

 

“And you are such a man!”

 

“Just drop it will you? I will not call a mechanic and spend my money when I can certainly do it on my own!”

 

“Why waste your energy? You’re gonna ruin your beautiful face.”

 

“Did he just call Minyoung beautiful?”    Junsu pointed out all of a sudden.

All of them looked at him. Yoochun hadn’t himself realized that he said it.

 

“What?”   Junsu snapped bothered with all the stares.    “What did I say?”

Yoochun’s face reddened as he quickly left the hall running away.

 

“What’s with him?”    Jaejoong mumbled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So what if I called her beautiful? I shouldn’t have run away like that as if I just confessed about my love or something. Damn…they might have gone the wrong idea. Maybe I’ll tell them I had to go to the bathroom.”

 

He kept mumbling without noticing all the stares. He had no idea what has happened, the sudden point from Junsu flashed heat in his body. His heart was beating throughout his whole body.

 

“Probably it’s because I ran off…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

“DUE TO UPCOMING EXAMS AND ASSIGNMENTS OF MAESTRO, ALL CLASSES WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ONLY EXAMS AND ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION WILL BE HELD ON TIME NOTIFIED ON NET. KEEP AN EYE ON OUR FACEBOOK GROUP.”            

 

Minyoung had already bid bye to everyone except Yoochun who had run away earlier. Even though the compliment was no surprise to her, his sudden dash was. He had called everyone beautiful even Ga-in but never she saw such reaction during complimenting.

 

She entered the grocery keeping the bags in the reception. Taking the trolley she walked through the shop looking at the vegetables…of course she wouldn’t cook them. Her maid would.

 

Picking up a cabbage, her hands brushed against another.

 

“Oh sorry.”   Both of them stated unanimously. She looked up to see a man who also looked at her however was stuck on her face.

 

“Uh…you may take that. I’ll take something else.”    She mumbled nervously wondering why he would look at her like that though it was annoying. She turned away and left that section.

 

Taking a cauliflower she heard her name call. She turned and saw the same man following her.

 

“How did you know my name?”   She asked this time with serious doubts.

 

“You are Minyoung right? Forgive me, I’m Ah-in. Yoochun told me about you.”   He held out his hand for her to shake. Not wanting to be rude, she shook his hands.

 

“Yoochun?”    Then he must have told about others too.   “Yoochun’s friend? Hi there.”

 

“It’s so great to see the woman who can change someone this much.”   He seemed all excited

  Ok…what is he talking about?

 

“Excuse me but…I cant tell how I change someone…”  

 

“Oh sorry to make you appear so blunt. I can see why Yoochun is so in love with you to beat the crap out of those guys.”

 

“What guys?”    She mumbled cautiously. He did say ‘Yoochun in love with her’.

 

“Those guys who tried to…”   he looked around to see whether anybody is around; however not.    “Molest you.”

Her eyes dangerously widened. Her body started shaking lightly…those bandages…his bruised face.

 

“Miss Minyoung?”    He called.

What did he do? What did he do?

 

“I’m sorry; thank you for telling me. I have to go.”   She dashed off leaving Ah-in a bit surprised…then he realized what he had just done.

 

“…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu and Ga-in were walking; letting the other two to take their cars. They just suddenly felt like walking.

 

“So you met your father yesterday but you don’t seem much happy. You miss your daddy already?”    Junsu joked laughing along the way. Ga-in merely smiled not wanting to say anything. Noticing her silence Junsu spoke out.    “Did something happen? You seriously look down…if you want you can share it with me.”

Ga-in looked at Junsu for a minute thinking whether she can tell him or not…never once she could trust men in her entire life. What would make him different?

 

Junsu on the other hand thought she would tell him. However seeing her silence actually surprised…women always wanted to share things with him…she didn’t want to. He no longer has to burden other women’s secret. Yet they were friend; she could share it with him.

 

“Ga-in?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Don’t fight okay?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

She was suddenly pulled into a hug by the man. Surprise and shock filled her. He wasn’t touching anywhere inappropriate although Junsu was quite nervous himself. Never once he touched any women like this or he ever wanted to but somehow he wanted to comfort her…

 

“What are you doing Junsu?”    she mumbled hazily.

 

“I don’t know…seriously…I just…want to.”

Why though?

 

Both had the same question.

 

Meanwhile a car was passing on the other side of the road when it suddenly stopped. The glass opened to reveal a man in his fifties who was speaking on the phone.

 

“I’ll call you later.”    He hung up and looked at Ga-in and the unknown boy who was embracing her without much physical closeness.     “Jio…”

 

“Yes sir?”

 

“Find out about the boy and inform me who he is.”

 

“Yes Mr. Son.”

He closed the glass and the car drove off leaving the two of them alone in their embrace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------