Ceiling of tolerance

Maestro

 

His body lay on the cold dirty floor in the dark; beaten and bruised. He heard the last of the rain droplets falling outside as rain had slowed down making it chillier. However it didn’t hurt him at all. He merely smirked at the fools outside the cell partying and yelling. But he couldn’t help recalling the incidents today with Jaejoong and Junsu before leaving.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early mid in the Sunday afternoon Yoochun had gotten ready for this important day. He hadn’t told Junsu and Jaejoong yet of his destination. He sent an sms to his family stating that he would be staying with his old brothers again aka Joongki and Ah-in; in case his mother asked.

He was about to tell the rest two when the phone rang; upon receiving it he heard the happy voice of Hara greeting him.

 

“What’s up Hara?”    He excitedly greeted back without hesitation that both Junsu and Jaejoong were in the living room.

 

“Are you free today?”     She asked with a bit of hope.

 

“Uhh no, why?”

 

“Drat! I am free and desperate to go out today. I asked Ga-in but she had to visit her father.”

 

“What about Daemul?”     Yoochun softly asked as he mentioned her.

 

“Uhh…I don’t think she’ll be free…”     Doll somehow sounded nervous.

 

“Then you can take one of the two out. But I don’t think duck would be the smart choice.” 

 

“Hey!”    Junsu snapped while both Hara and Yoochun laughed.

 

“Nah I think I’ll be fine. You do your work. I’ll see you later then.”    She sounded much better to him now.

 

“Sorry again. I’ll make it up to you.”

 

“Thanks Yoochun.”

He put the phone down and was about to go when he heard the older one speak.

 

“What was she saying Yoochun? Did she ask you out?”    He didn’t take his eyes off the book.

 

“Uhh yeah.”    His hyung sounded a bit dim.   “But I had to say no.”

Jaejoong shut his book loudly making Yoochun wince.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I have to go somewhere.”    Yoochun simply answered to the grim toned question.

 

“Where?”

 

“To stay over at Joongki and Ah-in hyung.”

 

“And it’s more important than meeting Hara?”    He wasn’t taking it very well.

 

“Right now it is. I have to go, I’ll be late.”    Yoochun moved from his position to the gate when he was pulled by his elbow by Jaejoong.      “What the-? “

 

“What’s so important right now that you have to meet Hara other time?”    Narrowing his eyes Jaejoong asked annoyed.

 

“Hyung it’s just one time-“

 

“No, you also ditched her to meet them before.”       He didn’t let go of Yoochun’s elbow.

 

“So?”

 

“So I am wondering whether you really like her or not.”

 

“Hyung I do like her.”

 

“Doesn’t seem like that. It seems you aren’t interested in her anymore.”

 

“It isn’t like that; she is the one who isn’t interested.”

 

“So you just give up?”

 

“I haven’t.”

 

“Then why are you making her available for other suitors? Didn’t you fell in love with her?”

 

“I think I did…I mean…I don’t know.”    Jaejoong gaped at him for a moment and freed his elbow. Both Yoochun and Jaejoong hadn’t realized that Junsu was staring at them with curiousity as if watching a show. Yoochun sighed and looked at his hyung.                “Look Hara didn’t seem to mind it then…why do you?”    Looking at Junsu who only raised an eyebrow; Yoochun spoke again.     “I have to go.”      He opened the door; leaving and shutting the door behind him.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun chuckled but no one could hear it due to the loud music. He looked at his watch telling him it was 7 pm; he had missed his appointment with the long haired girl. But this was worth something important too so he didn’t regret missing his date with Hara and the long hair woman.

His hyungs would be here soon; he remembered how the plan was supposed to go.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun sat at the empty bar with his hyungs. Both of them took out a picture of few people describing who they were.

 

“You would get captured by them; losing a fight and get locked up. Now they will not kill you at first range because it’s simply not their style but if they do…don’t hesitate. Your reason to enter the area would be revenge against molesting your lover and you won’t mention the person, otherwise they would track her down in the future. According to the statistics they have molested and quite a huge number of women and teenage boys so lover could refer to anyone. You, being our friend would give us police a valid reason to enter their facility. Our superiors won’t be able to question us. Also you, being one of the respected people in the society will be the strongest reason for us to rescue you.”

 

Yoochun seriously put all the relevant point in mind. This was worth to him.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You bastards party all you want…you scum will be dead soon.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Early at 5 pm Minyoung saw rain falling heavily outside. She huffed considering herself lucky as she was back from her errands a couple hours ago. As the weather was getting colder she decided to make coffee for herself. She put the pan on the stove and heated the water thinking how she came to like coffee.

 

She liked coffee; she always liked it. In fact Hara adapted this bad habit from her; though Minyoung often felt sorry for this thus suggesting Hara to quit it but Hara didn’t even bother trying.

 

Minyoung put coffee in the glass with powdered milk and sugar when the water boiled up. She turned the stove off and poured the water into her mug; mixing them she took a seat on the comfy couch and was about to sip onto her coffee when her comfort was disrupted by a bell on the door.

 

She put the coffee on the glass table; standing up she walked to the door. She peaked on to the hole on the door seeing the almost-drenched figure of Jaejoong. That surprised her. She wondered what brought him here. As she was wearing house clothes; she took up the scarf from the hanger wrapping herself and opened the door.

Jaejoong looked at her shivering a little with a weak smile on his face.

 

“May I come in?”    He meekly asked.

Minyoung dumfounded looked at him. He seemed so weak and not letting him in would be impolite so she had to nod. Jaejoong entered and Minyoung shut the door behind him.

 

“Want some coffee Jaejoong?”      She asked as softly as possible.

 

“That would be great.”     He smiled answering her.

 

“Why don’t you take a seat? I’ll bring a towel for you.”    She walked inside while hearing a ‘thank you’ from him. She took out a towel out of the wardrobe and came out in the living room to see the drenched man still standing.

 

“Here”    Handing the towel to him.    “Sit down and dry yourself, I’ll make the coffee.”

 

“Thanks.”    Jaejoong sat on the couch not so much with comfort. He was nervous and hesitant about something. Even though Minyoung didn’t care, this was simply calling for attention. After all he was here at her house.

Bringing the coffee tray to the table she stepped aside giving him space to mix his coffee.

 

“So…”    unsure what she should say.     “What brings you here? And in this weather?”      She asked anyway as he brought no umbrella.

 

“I wanted to talk to you.”     He answered taking up his cup.      “It’s kind of urgent.”     He sipped lightly into his coffee. Minyoung’s eyebrow rose up; if he needed to talk urgently he could have called at least to take permission whether he should come over or not. Coming at a woman’s house who lives alone isn’t appropriate. She shouldn’t even have let him in but…kicking a drenched man out was far too rude, even for her.

 

Please don’t tell me it’s Hara and your issue. I’m sick of hearing those…

 

Ever since that day when Hara fainted at her house; she had been avoiding giving trouble to Minyoung. Obviously Hara felt guilty crying to Minyoung every time. At least Hara understood but he didn’t.

 

“Go on…”    she took up her mug and sipped into it.

 

“You know about us don’t you Minyoung?”    That wasn’t a question.

 

“Know what?”    She pretended to be dumb. No way would she want to get into their mess.

 

“Don’t lie to me please. You know about me, Hara and Yoochun. She is your friend; why would she hide things from you? Even Ga-in knows of it.”     His tone was firm something that offended her.

 

“Alright.”     She was definitely fed up.     “What you need to talk to me about?”

 

“You know why I rejected her?”

 

“No, should I want to know?”

Jaejoong looked at her with empty eyes. She couldn’t read him at all frustrating her. She had no idea what was going in his mind and what he was about to do next.

 

“Because I love someone else.”

Minyoung heard that from Hara but she knew he was trying to keep her away from him but why tell her?

 

“Oh and…?”

 

“It’s you…”

 

What?

 

“Excuse me?”    Her tone was anxious as she shot her glare at him.

 

Jaejoong stood up with much confidence and stated.         “I love you Minyoung.”

 

Is he telling the truth? Is it me that caused Hara this much trouble? If this is a lie then why would take all the trouble to come to me? Wasn’t the reason of loving someone else enough for keeping Hara away?

 

“Jaejoong you are clearly out of your mind.”    She could only firmly state.

 

“I’m not Minyoung.”

 

“You’re lying then.”    She put a bit force on her words.

 

“Why would I? Just to keep Hara away? She had already accepted when I told her I love someone else; I just didn’t mention you.”

 

“Then what’s causing you to do this?”     Jaejoong had a point; if Hara had already accepted rejection then why would need further drama unless it was the truth.

 

“You Minyoung. I love you.”

His voice was so solid that it shut her up. He didn’t seem to be lying about this. But even if he was actually in love with her; she wasn’t. She heaved in before speaking.

 

“Well…I don’t feel the same Jaejoong. I’m sorry. I never saw you that way.”    She stated as politely as possible.

 

“But I do Minyoung.”    He answered in a very vexed tone.    “And I took all the trouble to come here just to say it to you personally.”     

 

“I appreciate that Jaejoong; I really do but…I can’t help if I don’t feel the same. You of all people should know of this.”      She realized that her coffee had finished and proceeded to the kitchen to wash her cup. As she was about to go she felt a tight grip on her wrist pulling her to face him.

 

“What the hell Jaejoong?!”     That ticked her off but she received a loud pissed response.

 

“Don’t feel the same? I came here in this weather just to confess; hell I even rejected Hara for you!”    

 

He rejected her for me? Was this all my fault then? Is it why he followed me every time?

 

Minyoung gritted her teeth as she was wriggling her wrist in his grip.     “Jaejoong let go.”

 

“I won’t let go until you agree.” 

 

“You can’t just force someone to love you Jaejoong! You know it yourself! So let go!”

They were both glaring at each other until Jaejoong slowly released his grip. Minyoung acted quickly and rushed to the umbrella hanger. She took up an umbrella and handed it to Jaejoong angrily and said.

 

“Finish your coffee and leave soon.”

She turned towards the kitchen but was soon pulled back when Jaejoong grabbed her elbow and forcefully brought her to his chest; holding her close and tight to him. Her only reaction was shock which she soon subsided with anger as she tried pushing him off; hitting his chest.

 

“JAEJOONG STOP IT!”    

 

But he only pulled her closer muffling her on his chest; his embrace was getting tighter.             “I love you Minyoung what does it take to get it into your mind?! Why can’t you just accept me?! Any other girl would have accepted it what would it take to make you agree?!”

 

“JAEJOONG LET GO OR ELSE I WONT HESITATE!”

 

“Do whatever you want, I Love you and I won’t deny it!”        Minyoung could only block her body between his with her arms but that wasn’t enough however she didn’t think what Jaejoong would so next. She felt him breathing on her neck; he was trying to bury his head on her shoulder. She felt him snuggling on her neck which was clearly violating her personal space.

 

That’s it!

 

She stepped on his foot hard causing him to release her; she took this chance to push him away harshly and smacking him on his cheek.

The sound actually filled the silence. He was shocked and Minyoung was heaving in angrily. She didn’t bother taking up the umbrella again and grabbed his arm pulling him towards the door without any words and opened the door.

 

“Get out and never show me your face again!”     She pushed Jaejoong out in the rain and locked the door before Jaejoong could even rebel. She only heard him banging on the door shouting.

 

“Minyoung I love you! Let me in please! Please love me!”

She leaned on the door waiting impatiently for this to be over.

 

How dare he?! How dare he? But is this happening because of me? Is he doing this because of me? For me? Not again! Not again!  

 

“Minyoung!”

 

This boy is gonna cause me trouble. What would the neighbours think?

 

“Help me Minyoung! Help me forget her! Help me forget…Hara…”

 

Hara!

 

She heard his voice fade; she quickly opened the door to see him fainted on her doorstep. Cursing out loudly, she pulled him up; wrapping her arm around his waist and putting his arm on her shoulder. Her clothes were soaking because of Jaejoong but she dragged him inside nonetheless shutting the door behind her.

 

She put the unconscious Jaejoong on her couch and quickly took the towel and started drying his hair. He looked pale and weak. She put her hand on her forehead and realized his temperature was burning.

 

Should I call Hara? No, she wouldn’t be able to help me at the moment. Ga-in has gone to meet her father; Yoochun would freak out first. Junsu seems to be the perfect one at the moment to help me.

 

She quickly took up the phone and dialed their apartment number hoping Junsu would receive it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu looked at the clock again seeing Jaejoong not coming home yet. As for Yoochun he stated that he would be staying at Joonki and Ah-in’s tonight. He would have gone out with Ga-in if she was free but she wasn’t. But the discussion this morning did leave him with worry whether his Hyung was doing anything stupid.

 

After Yoochun had left Jaejoong stood there dumbfounded because what Yoochun had said. Junsu clicked his tongue and stated.

 

“You know I thought Yoochun was stupid but it’s actually you who’s desperate.”

 

“You know why I am doing this.”    Jaejoong walked over to the table pouring himself a glass of water.

 

Yeah I do. That’s why I said, you’re stupid to think Yoochun would be heartbroken over this. It seems like you don’t know him anymore.”

 

“And you do Junsu?”

 

“Yes I do. I know Hara isn’t some fling for him and he knows that too but I know that even if he thinks that Hara is the One, she isn’t. He Doesn’t love her.”

 

“Don’t say that!”

 

“It’s true. You’re the one who’s in Love with her.”

 

“Shut up Junsu.”     He slammed the glass on the table.

 

“Don’t tell me to shut up. Even Ga-in can clearly see things and I am only surprised that Daemul hasn’t noticed anything or else she would have been the first one to tear your head off.”     Junsu stood up and left the living room slamming the door shut.

 

However about an hour later when rain started; he heard the front door shut which meant that Jaejoong had gone out.

 

“Idiot…”

 

And he hasn’t returned ever since; maybe he was roaming around the streets and mourning about his little broken heart.

A ring on the phone pulled him out of his thoughts; he jumped off his bed and received it only to be questioned with Minyoung’s voice.

 

Just answer with yes or no. Is Yoochun there?”

 

“No…why?”

 

Don’t tell anyone anything ok, I’ll explain everything once you’re here and…bring some of Jaejoong’s clothes.”

She hung not giving Junsu further chance to ask. He put the phone down and went to Jaejoong’s room; opening his wardrobe he took out few clothes. He quickly put them in a bag and left the apartment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu parked his van and quickly ran to the doorstep once he stepped out. He rang the bell and it was quickly answered. Minyoung; without saying anything let him in. He entered her house and soon noticed Jaejoong unconscious on the couch.

 

“What happened?”

 

“Please change him while I bring you another towel. I’ll explain everything.”    She huffed in and rushed out of the living room leaving Junsu alone with Jaejoong.

Junsu quickly pulled out the clothes and started changing Jaejoong out of his soaked clothes. He quickly put on the dry clothes and called out for Minyoung. She came out with a towel looking all flushed.

 

“Mind telling me what happened?”    Junsu took the towel and was drying his hair.

 

Minyoung explained everything and Junsu listened to it until he was shocked at the last part where she told him that she Kicked Jaejoong out in the rain.

 

“So…you knew everything about them.”

Minyoung started at him wondering why he would ask that question out of all. It didn’t matter.

 

“Does that really matter Junsu?”

 

“Yes it does. Ga-in knowing it helped Hara, me knowing it tried to snap Jaejoong out of it but you knowing it pretended to be dumb.”

 

“Should I have interrupted you say?”

 

“You should have done something.”

 

“Why should I have? It’s none of my business.”

 

“Isn’t Hara your friend? Whatever is her business is yours too.”

 

“There is a limit to every interruption. This was clearly something she could handle alone.”   

Even though she hadn’t clearly.

 

“So you just left her alone. As much as I would like to say that Jaejoong is stupid, you clearly are the selfish one not wanting to help your own friend.”

 

“This has nothing to do with being selfish. It’s simply that I can’t into other’s business even if they are your friend. And why should anyone put their nose into other people’s life?”

 

“You call helping others being nosey?”     Junsu looked at her disappointingly.     “I wonder what made Ga-in and Hara stick with you through thick and thin.”

Minyoung didn’t answer. She didn’t have any.

 

“You can wait till he wakes up. I’ll make coffee for you.”    Minyoung walked to the kitchen waiting for no response.

Junsu left his seat and walked beside Minyoung to the kitchen and she didn’t say anything. While she put the water on the stove, Junsu took out a mug. He was just helping her silently.

 

“Tell me something Daemul…do you hate Jaejoong?”

 

Yes.

 

No…why do you ask?”

 

“At least, if you had known you could have pretended that you like him too. Just to help him get him out of his insanity.”

 

“I’m not some cushion to cry on.”

Junsu chuckled hearing that response. Normally girls would jump trying to be with him even to act to be his lover but Minyoung flat out rejected him even though the confession wasn’t genuine.

 

“When he confessed did you think he was lying?”

 

“Honestly no. I thought for a moment he was telling the truth.”

 

“And you kicked him out thinking it was the truth.”

 

“Yes.”     Minyoung poured the hot water in the mug.

 

“And you took him back in once you realized it wasn’t.”    Junsu mixed his own coffee trying to figure out.      “So basically you kicked him out because he told you he loved you; but you brought him back in cause he mentioned Hara and you realized he was using you as a cushion.”

 

“I guess yes, should I repeat my story?”    Minyoung got a bit pissed.

 

“You know…you’re weird.”

 

“I’m not. I did what pissed me off. Jaejoong pissed me off.”

 

“Girls would love to be in your shoes.”

 

“No they wouldn’t. just because some girls woo over him doesn’t mean all girls do.”

 

“They do actually.”      Both Junsu and Minyoung looked at Jaejoong who was looking at them weakly smiling.       “And they don’t have the heart to push me away.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoochun was taken out of the cell by Joongki who only smacked his head for provoking those men further. Though they were arrested and taken away Ah-in was mending his wounds.

 

“This girl must be something by nature that it made you do this.”

 

“It’s nothing like that. She’s a good friend of mine. It’s her other friend whom I am in love with.”

 

“There’s another girl? God Yoochun you never learn.”    Joongki tched.

 

“What? She’s not some fling! She’s real this time!”    Yoochun snapped only to feel the pain on his head by another smack from Joongki.

 

“You idiot!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I’m sorry.”    Jaejoong stated weakly looking at Minyoung who was avoiding.

 

“Shut up.”

 

“I’m sorry.”    He stated again.

 

“Go home.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“I will seriously hit your head if you don’t shut up.”

 

“I wont leave until I hear you forgiving me.”

 

“Junsu please take him home or else I will kick him out again.”

Junsu smirked at both of them but annoyingly. He stood up and went to the door.

 

“I’m going home. If you’d like to stay with the grouchy woman apologizing all night you’re welcome to.”

 

“Now I will hit your head Junsu.”    Minyoung crossed her arms behind her.

 

“Just say you forgive me.”    Jaejoong persisted.

 

“Alright! Now go home.”

 

Junsu walked to the couch helping Jaejoong to stand up while Minyoung opened the door for them to leave. They both walked out of the door only to see the sky dark and few rain drops.

 

“Thank you for taking care of him.”    Junsu stated grimly.

 

“No one should know of this. Specially not Ga-in”    Minyoung made it clear to them.

 

“She would rip him into pieces. I know.”

 

“I’ll keep that in mind.”       Jaejoong spoke in between.

 

“Shut up. Bye Junsu.”        She smiled at Junsu lightly and waited for them to get into their van; they rode off and Minyoung sighed in relief shutting the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You know you have no dignity.”     Junsu stated while driving.

 

“How so?”    Jaejoong, leaning over his seat asked looking at Junsu.

 

“You’ve been beaten up by Ga-in and Minyoung. I think only Hara is left but soon you’ll get that too if you keep your stupidity up.”

 

“I think that has already been done…”

Junsu glanced at him once before looking at the road again. Not ever, had he seen Jaejoong admit things like this.

 

“You are a drama queen.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------