Caprice

Maestro

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

                                                 They were all in the living room doing each of their work. Jaejoong was reading some notes given in class while Junsu tried analyzing them. Yoochun on the other hand was cleaning his piano. Yeah they had a piano in their apartment; after all, one of them was a master here.

After cleaning the piano, Yoochun had the urge to clean the pictures kept on the table. He cleaned the frames not only those which belonged to him, but to the other two as well. He looked at each of their parents photos.

                                                 Jaejoong parents were living somewhere around in Seoul as well as Junsu’s. He has one half-brother from his mother’s new marriage and one biological sister and he is good terms with both of them. His father died when he was only 8. Junsu only has a fraternal twin. Yoochun’s parents were living few hours away from their apartment. He had a younger brother just like Junsu. They sometimes come to meet them or they go there. Nevertheless they liked living together. As if living together like brothers.

                                               Even though they were doing their work, their minds were filled with different thoughts.

                                                 Jaejoong was thinking yesterday’s event, when he spoke to her, while Yoochun thought of the conversation he had with Hara in class and Junsu…though he didn’t show it, he was still irritated that he was facing a similar situation as he did back at the previous college. Yoochun did tell Jaejoong that he met Hara in his class and that she was a friendly person. He also knew that Hara was the same person Jaejoong had met before in Japan. That was revealed within their conversations with each other. The only who didn’t say anything about his day was Junsu. He didn’t want them to worry about him.

                                                 Yet Jaejoong was pretty happy with his life at this college, it was so much better than the previous one and the best part was he got to meet Hara, the girl he always thought of. It was about three years ago when he first saw her.

                                                 He went to Japan with his foster mother for her eye surgery, while the doctor was checking her before the operation, he had went out to get some clothes from their hotel. While coming back, he noticed a commotion going on near the hospital. He heard someone crying and shouting at the same time. Then he saw a young girl rushing in with a young boy in her arms. He saw her then for the first time. She had blood all over her clothes. He avoided that scenery and went inside to his mother. When his mother was taken to the operation theatre, he stood outside; that’s when he saw her again. An elderly woman was crying and the young girl-Hara stood at the corner. Maybe she was his sister or something, however she wasn’t. That’s when Hara explained what actually had happened when they were at the cafe.

             She was in Japan for a two months trip from her college with her friend and her nanny. When she was out to exercise she saw an accident occurring. It was a hit and run scenario over a young boy. She was the first one to notice it and quickly she took him to the hospital, however his mother was nearby but didn’t notice the accident. When she did; almost faint but Hara had no time to console her. She quickly rushed to the hospital while the mother came along. She even stayed until the treatment was over. Fortunately he survived. But Jaejoong wasn’t there to see it. They thanked her and wanted to reward her and yada yada.

 

~She’s so great. ~    Both Yoochun and Jaejoong thought.

 

                                                      Junsu on the other hand was depressing over his thoughts. He hated that place. He hated the fan base; he hated the nick names they were given without their permission. Jaejoong was called Hero while he was called the dolphin boy, whenever the girls called him that it seemed like a bully to him and him hated bullies. He had to suffer it before, not him directly, but friends, especially female who had innocent crushes on him were assaulted by other females. He saw many girls crying, he didn’t like it. He didn’t want to be the reason for others pain. He remembered a girl whom he helped when she fell down and the next day, she had cuts on her face. He asked her whether the other girls of his-unwanted- fan base did it, she said nothing. As if she didn’t mind. Later she never came to class, and then he had heard she left school.

     He wanted to find her and say sorry to her. But he never did find her. That was the last straw of his school life. Then he found out that Jaejoong had faced the same, however more extreme situation. The girl who was beaten up, her mother complained and took her out of the school. She directly accused Jaejoong for this mess. Jaejoong was really ashamed that time. Both of them told their parents what was going on. Yoochun, who was the only one to enjoy that place, wanted to come with them.

   He didn’t want to be alone with sissies. Their parents understood the situation and searched a decent university. And they found this one. The principle didn’t agree with their admission at first even with the extra money offered. Then they presented an admission test which they passed and earned a seat at this university. They were sad for the past but now…they were happy.

THE MAESTRO.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

                                           Minyoung noticed both of her friends lost into their thoughts. She smiled without their notice. According to her they were both amazing creatures. She looked at Hara, noticing her feature as always.

                                         Long light brown hair, a doll like face though very innocent. Hourglass figure and she had a school-girl fashion sense but within the limits of exposing skin. She was too cute to be human. Of course she was very polite which can capture anyone’s heart. The men in during her high school used to call her ‘doll’ and she didn’t like it. Her parents were living at Jeolla which is far away from Seoul. Her nanny, Nana, is the one who takes care of this little girl along with Ga-in who lives with Hara too.

 

                                         Then there is Ga-in, Son Ga-in. The girl with high fashion sense. She follows the Goth and chic style. The commonly wears black and it goes with her white skin according to Minyoung. She is known as the Piper because the plays the flute and excellent at it. She takes care of the bullies in general and she hated those who picked on others. Her parent is only her father who travels to different places. That’s why she wanted to stay with Hara.

                                   Minyoung loved these two. She loved the ‘doll and the piper’. She always wanted to stay with them forever. And her on the other hand, she lived alone in her house in town. She looked at her violin, suddenly wanting to play it. But realizing she might cause disturbance, she sighed. She could play it if she was at her house at the moment.

 

What would I do without these two? They are the reason for my sudden change of moods.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Where are you going this early in the morning?”   Jaejoong asked.

 

*looking for a chance to meet Hara as you did.*

 

“Just going out jogging… I’m gaining too much weight these days.”   He jogged a little in front of Jaejoong.

 

“Don’t over exercise yourself or else you’ll get sick. I can’t take care of you once you get sick.”   He said looking at his book. It was the same book which Hara let him have.

 

“Neither can I Hyung. You know you stink when you get sick.”   Junsu came out of his room.

 

“No I don’t, besides I won’t get sick, I swear, now bye.”   He went out with his jacket.

 

         He kept jogging until he got to the same bookstore. He went in, hoping to find Hara somehow. He looked at different sides, behind other bookshelves and the table, but couldn’t find her.

 

*maybe she doesn’t always come here, lucky Hero…*

Disappointed, he left the store and walked towards his apartment. This place was awfully beautiful. While passing a bunch of trees, he heard a violin playing. He looked beside him, the hilly place with trees. He knew there was a forest inside, though not forbidden, but government property however people can go unless they didn’t mess the place.

                         He looked around. The place was empty since it was too early in the morning. He went into those trees following the music. It wasn’t any piece known to him. Maybe someone composed it himself. He could tell the tune is inspired from an ancient Korean piece. But it was beautiful…. It touched his heart like heaven.

             He kept following it until he finally came out of the trees, to find an edge few yards away. The sun was up however still low light covered the green grass and there…a woman sat with very, very long hair; black as coal…her face was covered entirely. She was wearing a light orange dress, full sleeved and longer than her knees…she was holding a violin and playing it.

                     He suddenly felt an urge of respect for that player. She seemed like someone whom he would worship forever, like a god or rather goddess. Her music had extreme devotion towards ancient elements. He felt like he didn’t belong to that world of hers, or rather didn’t deserve to be there at that time. It seemed as if he has heard something he shouldn’t have but very grateful to hear it.

 

*I’m a sinner, I shouldn’t listen to It.*    he felt extremely ridiculous as in why he felt this way.

The tune and the player mixed with the scenario…he wanted to go in front of her, but doing that might make her stop and he may never listen to it again. He stood behind the trees listening to it, and he was so lost in it, he didn’t even need to see her. He slowly sat down; leaning on a tree and closed his eyes. It reminded of his late grandparents who died when he was young. He saw his mother cry that time. Jaejoong’s sadness when a woman blamed him for her daughter’s health, and Junsu who was depressed when a girl left school because of him.

                 He was the only one who didn’t get to feel any pain. He always enjoyed his life as it was so perfect for him. He tried keeping the music in notes in his mind. As in do re mi. he might try to play it in piano.

   Before he could think any further, the tune stopped. He abruptly looked back and she was already gone.

 

*What! Where is she?*   he stood up and rushed to the other side. She was nowhere to be seen. He felt so frustrated at the disappearance of the player. Then it came to his mind…

 

*What the hell is wrong with me? I just saw her today and I’m acting like a lost cat.*

He abruptly shook his head and left that place.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

They didn’t have any class today, today was Sunday… so Junsu getting this opportunity went out to see a movie alone because when he had asked his Hyung they refused based on ridiculous reasons.

1)      Jaejoong was too busy to clean up a mess that was never made

2)      Yoochun was in a bad mood today

So he went alone to see a movie resident evil 4. Of course he knew it was too gory and that he might have nightmares, but he had enough of people making fun of him for that. For instant his brother Junho often made fun of him for being such a dolphin. Mind him dolphins are extremely brilliant mammals. After buying the tickets, he went to get some pop corns and coke. While getting out he accidently bumped into someone spilling the coke on the other party’s clothes.

 

“I’m so sorry, sorry. I’m such an idiot…” he apologized until he saw…

 

“Its ok, its fine….you?”   She gloomily asked. Junsu raised an eyebrow. How in the world they met in the same place. Junsu sighed and shook his head.

 

“Expecting a pinky girl?”   She pointed him. He didn’t answer; instead he kept looking at her. The bully, the ‘maybe queen’, or cheerleaders…wait a minute there are no cheerleader in MAESTRO.

 

“Quit staring at me…you said sorry, I said its fine, now move.”   She deeply said. Oh how he hated her. When she noticed he wasn’t moving at all, she swiftly walked pass him, leaving him more disturbed with himself.

          

Why should I be disturbed? After all it was her dress…though she didn’t scream like any other.

He walked ahead and entered the hall with his left over popcorn. He expected himself to get scared throughout the entire film, but the idea of bullying seemed scarier to him at that time, his mind was somewhere else.

   By the time movie was over, he was too depressed to go back. He went out in line of the hall and heard few girls voice giggling. Then he saw her with those girls. They were all around her giggling. She was the only one not giggling but smiling. As if she was their savior or something. Maybe she did something bad which entertains them. Bully. He heard few of their words.

 

“Ga-in unnie you’re so helpful, I can’t tell you how he got me into trouble after all I’ve done for him.”

 

Ga-in, that’s her name…a senior…helping? More like ruining… I bet she beat someone up. I need to ask that boy.

He left without hearing anything further what they were talking about.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Hara?”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“You said you know the new students who joined in the middle of the semester.”

 

“Yes I did. Why ask?”

 

“What are their names?”

 

“Ones Kim Jaejoong, one Park Yoochun and Kim Junsu…”

 

“Is Kim Jaejoong and Junsu….”

 

“No they aren’t brothers…just roommates.”

Hara noticed her friend Ga-in into her mind. She never thought her piper would be worried about something. She’s always the one solving other’s problems.

 

“Is something wrong Ga-in?”  Hara asked. She shook her head in disagreement.

 

“If you won’t tell me, I’ll call Minyoung. She’ll know how to get things out of you.”   Hara almost went to the phone when Ga-in stopped her.

 

“I told you nothing’s wrong…”

 

“No meaning giving that excuse, tell me…what's wrong? Did the new students something? Is it Jaejoong, Yoochun…oh right you haven’t seen any of them, even if you did, you don’t know their names.”   Hara went on mumbling.

 

“Will you listen to me now?’   Ga-in pulled her back o earth.

 

“Alright, tell me…”

 

“I think one of the new students think I bully others… I was shouting at Sungmin for troubling a girl with love letters, he thought I was bullying him.”

 

“And that bothers you because?”

 

“Even if I was bullying him, he showed the guts to rebel against it. No one ever did that when I was bullied during my time.”   Ga-in slowly said.

Hara looked at her, she knew what Ga-in went through during her school life and since her dad was always out, no one came to complain. She was always left alone, until she found them; Doll and big man.

Hara stood up and hugged her from behind; surprising her.

 

“My, my; piper. You’re actually thinking about a boy’s mistake. He must be something.” She teased.

Ga-in lightly pinched on Hara’s belly which made her wince with sound.

 

“Ouuh! Sorry! But don’t worry, you’re the pied piper, you capture everyone with your flute. I’m sure someday he’ll understand why you did it.”

 

“As if I care…come to think of it, he was kinda cute and he had this exceptional buttock….”

 

There she goes again…

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;