Consideration

Maestro

First day of the vacation wednesday, and it turned out to be a wonderful for those who had been very busy with their studies. Those kids seriously needed break but couldn’t as they were very conscious about their studies, even though its music. And for the busy girl alone in her house, well it was different for her than the rest. The lonely girl as in the big man…Daemul also Park Minyoung.

           She thought too much about studies and thought that perhaps now would be a good time to take a break on her studies and do something else. She sat on her sofa thinking a minute what she has to do…after minutes of thinking she absolutely found nothing besides studying. Looking everywhere a picture of her, Hara and Ga-in caught her eye. This was taken when she had arrived after 4 or 5 years later in Korea to meet Hara…the picture they had taken before she left for London. She didn’t know Ga-in before that…she only got to see her for 3 weeks till her stay in Seoul.

 

Hara wanted Minyoung to see her high school where she was studying at after her arrival. Minyoung was sure that she would be studying in a good place as Hara seemed so happy…while entering the building they saw very disturbing scenery near the school…three girls and a boy was particularly beating up a poor girl. Hara told Minyoung not to mess with them as they do it every time. Ga-in was just another punch bag for them…not that Hara knew who Ga-in was. Minyoung didn’t care…she always had to be the hero for some reason…she always wanted to stand up for everyone specially females.

Minyoung didn’t listen to Hara…instead she went up to them and shamelessly attacked them from behind. That enraged the group…and the fight started; surprisingly Hara joined the fight when she saw how the situation became too serious. The entire school surrounded them and encouraged them to fight and fortunately the teacher arrived and separated them.

Ga-in…she surprised Minyoung, because when she asked whether she was alright…she sort of barked at Daemul.

 

“Stay away! I didn’t tell you to help me!”   She had walked away. Hara thought she was an impolite brat but it Minyoung got more curious about her. That was how their fate intertwined.

Shockingly Ga-in was a student of the same school in which Hara studied and she never knew. Hara saw her with some incredibly flunking students, talking, joking and smoking! She figured that Ga-in didn’t smoke…she was merely pretending to blend in.

Minyoung however saw her in the oddest of places which a teenager shouldn’t be like disco, junkyard, and bars. It was like her fate to keep meeting Ga-in.

Both Hara and Minyoung couldn’t get the fact why would a girl like her become like this…above the fact she looked like coming from a very good and rich family.

Then the fateful night occurred.

Hara’s mother had allowed the girls to have a shopping day as Minyoung didn’t have more than 3 days to stay here. While they were coming back at 9 at night, they saw the guys who Ga-in used to hang out with were molesting her. Both of them tackled them and called the police. After they were rescued…Minyoung had asked why she did all this and instead of answering or thanking her, she yet snapped at her; that caused both of the girls to be pissed off.

Minyoung quickly pulled her roughly with anger on her face.

 

“What do you think you’re doing wasting away your life like that?”   Minyoung hissed at her on the way.

 

“What is it to you? Keep out of my business!”    Ga-in had hissed back.

 

“Did your parents give you birth to do that? Do you want them to regret giving birth to you? Don’t you want to make them proud?”   Hara had added to Minyoung’s lecture.

 

“If I had to be born to do those then screw them and screw their lust!”    Minyoung harshly slapped on her face shocking both the girls. Ga-in glared at the other with so much anguish on her face.

 

“Do you realize what you have done? DO YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN DO? YOUR FAMILY WILL BE ON THE STREETS FOR YOUR ACTIONS!”      She yelled at Minyoung.

 

“I don’t care since they aren’t here…now listen to me and listen good…straightened yourself…the guy who you considered friend had turned his back on you…soon everyone will…see whom you are spending your time with…or else you’ll regret everything. And one last thing…don’t ever…bad mouth your parents again.”      Minyoung raised her finger at Ga-in slightly clenching her teeth.

Both Hara and Minyoung left her alone on the street…Minyoung actually wanted to meet her again for some reason. And at the day of her departure…she showed up with a camera.

She avoided looking into Minyoung’s eye, finally realizing her mistake…she suddenly hugged Minyoung in the middle of the airport and started crying. Hara patted Ga-in on the back.

 

“I’m so sorry Minyoung…I … I didn’t realize until now how I needed a good guidance…to be honest with you…my dad hasn’t been with me at my need at all…and I don’t have a mom.”      That actually made Minyoung realize that she was lost without her mother…she was a fool in her adolescence.

They had captured the picture as a memory before going…she immediately sent Minyoung a copy through email. 2 years later she had heard from them that Ga-in had decided to move with Hara. She knew that their fates were sealed.

 

Minyoung stood up and went in the kitchen. She decided to make herself a cup of coffee. She needed to practice her violin.

____________________________________________________________________

Ga-in stretched her arms wide and Hara just watched her in amazement. She had never seen her so happy…it seems that she had a good time last night. Her father called and she was talking to him in a happy mood…which she never did.

 

“What’s the matter alligator? You seem happy…”   Hara teased smirking at her.

 

“Do I? Maybe I am then.”   Ga-in admired herself in the mirror which she often did however she looked at her face and fixed her surprisingly covered dress. She was looking like a girl.

 

“Are you going somewhere?”   Hara asked out of curiosity.

 

“Oh yes…just going out shopping. Dad is so satisfied that he gave me $550 to spend it on anything I want.”   She smiled showing the perfect teeth of hers. Her father was spoiling her with money.

 

“Alright girl, be careful.”   Hara said as Ga-in stepped out.

_____________________________________________________________

Ga-in hopped lightly on her way to the mall…then she saw a box and had a tag on it.

‘Help those in need; children are the future for a better country. Your actions may speed up the deed. It’s up to you whether you want to be a part in it.’

She looked at her purse…it had her $550 in it …she took $100 out and dunked it into the box; then started walking ahead when she felt a presence behind her.

 

‘Probably a passerby.’   She thought…she walked ahead.

She passed a store then she noticed through the glass, a guy following her with hands in his pockets. She stiffened her position…she slowly walked then walked to an empty area.

The man as she sensed followed her to the area…she was not totally sure what was about to happen to her. She stopped and realized the man had stopped too.

She felt him coming near…as she felt a touch on her shoulder; she quickly caught that hand intending to twist it.

But before she could do that, the guy held her hand lightly twisting it; pulling her closer to his body and turning her around facing him.

 

“Jun…Junsu?”   She stuttered surprised at the fact that he was following her.

 

“Ga-in…”   he mimicked her tone of calling. She kept gaping at him…he seemed so confident. He wasn’t uncomfortable with the position they were in now, speaking of which she was awfully close to the guy.

 

“Well aren’t you going to say anything?”   He asked smiling at her.

 

“Would you…mind letting go off me?”   She said trying to avoid his eye.

 

“Oh…”   he let go off her hand and moved away from her, slightly embarrassed.   “Sorry about that piper.”

She stood at a distance wondering what he was doing.

 

“What are you doing here?”     She silently asked.

 

“Me? Oh nothing in particular…just coming to meet a girl whom I thought to have had a head and chokehold attitude…but I got see another side of her today.”   He smiled showing his teeth. Ga-in seriously could jump off a roof now…he had seen her donating…oh her tough reputation was ruined.

 

“You do have a soft spot…”   he said; Ga-in cleared .

 

“My dad told me to donate that…I didn’t do it on my own accord.”   She explained.

 

“Yeah, yeah sure. Your dad told you…such a nice father you have.”   He said not in a sarcastic way though.

 

“No seriously Junsu…what are you doing here?” She asked seriously this time.

 

“I wanted to meet you that’s all.”   He cleared himself.

 

“Why?”

 

“I just did ok? Come on I want to take you somewhere…”   he without permission took her hand and started walking the other way.

 

“Where are you taking me Junsu?”   She asked while being dragged.

 

“I just told you-somewhere. Now don’t ask any questions.”   He snapped.

___________________________________________________________________

Hara saw her going out leaving her alone…she was quite happy to see Ga-in happy…must be Junsu she thought. That boy was really impacting some changes in her, just like Minyoung did.

Then she thought of her own for a minute, she should really tell Yoochun about it, she didn’t want to play him. She took up her cell and dialed his number.

____________________________________________________________________

Jaejoong wandered around the area…this was the first time he was walking in here…he had never come here only saw while dropping Daemul. He was in Minyoung’s area…he was looking for the girl. Though it seemed very inappropriate in so many ways yet he decided to come here. It took him a lot of courage. He needed to do something…his condition was getting worse. He couldn’t get Hara out of his mind at all, someday, he is afraid; he might say her name out loud in sleep.

      He didn’t want that to happen, he wanted to forget her and for that, any sort of method would be justified.

 

He saw few old women walking and talking…it was a very peaceful place and he liked to be here.

 

“Pardon me Ahjumma, can you tell me about a certain person? I am a friend of hers but I can’t find her house.”   He said. The women looked at him from head to toe checking whether he was any stalker of their area residents or not.

 

“May I check your ID if you don’t mind son.”   One of the women said.

 

“Of course madam.”   Realizing the situation he took out his ID card, his driver’s license (even though he doesn’t drive) and university card. Seeing the name of the varsity they were satisfied.

 

“Who are you looking for?”   She asked.

 

“I’m looking for Park Minyoung.”   He answered.

 

“You see that tree boy?”   She pointed to a palm tree.   “Her house is the 2nd one to it.”  

 

“Uh…I see, thank you madam.”   He bowed and walked towards the tree. He stood for a moment and observed her house. It was one of the most beautiful houses around her area. He kept looking until he realized the door opening. He quickly hid behind the tree and peeked out. Minyoung just stepped out of her house with a bag. She locked the door and walked ahead. Jaejoong stayed put so she wouldn’t see him.

 

Then he saw her looking back to her house…then she walked to her house and unlocked it; entering the house again. Perhaps she forgot something. He took his chance and quickly got out of there.

 

He paced outside her area waiting for her to come out anytime and speaking of which she did. She noticed Jaejoong pacing here and forth. She walked to him slowly and startled him.

 

“Ahh! You scared me Daemul…what are you…”   he trailed off realizing that it was pretty stupid of him to pretend that he didn’t know she lived here.

 

“I…live here, Jaejoong. This is where I live.”   She raised her eyebrow and over explained.

 

“Oh…well I didn’t know.”   He gulped quite scared to be caught.

 

“Of course you didn’t. Now if I may ask…what are you doing around here pacing back and forth? Anyone would think you are up. To. No. good.”   She emphasized the last part. Jaejoong cleared his throat.

 

“Well…I was just lost.”   He looked at her making her believe.

 

“Oh…that’s odd. Well that’s none of my business. Good bye Jaejoong.”     She walked away after bidding him farewell.

 

“Wait...Minyoung!”   He ran to her     “If you don’t have anything important…may I walk with you?”   He shyly asked. He looked at him remembering the last time he wanted to walk with her…a disaster.

 

“Alright, but no whining.”   She said, he smiled for the first time in front of her and nodded. It made her smile for some reason. Stefan did that once…when she was leaving London.

 

They started walking together when Jaejoong asked.

 

“Where were you going by the way?”

 

“Well I was going to pick up some groceries…”

 

“Mind if I help?”   He eagerly asked.

 

“Sure you can…it would be easier for me.”   She answered.

 

“What are you thinking of making tonight?”   He asked.

 

“Mmm…just roasted steak and pasta…oh yeah few desert.”   She said.

 

“Wow I can invite my entire family with that treat.”   He looked forward. That gave Minyoung an idea.

 

“Why don’t I invite them?”   She asked.

 

“That’s just boring…Hara and Ga-in must have eaten your cooking and Yoochun and Junsu had eaten mine…remember Junsu and Ga-in argued about who could cook better?”

 

“Yes…don’t tell me you’re thinking of a competition.”   She worriedly looked at him. He nodded eagerly.

 

“No, no way…”

 

“Why not? You scared?”   He teased.

That ticked Minyoung off…how dare he?

 

“Fine…you pick your own dish I pick my own and I change my menu. Let’s make something worth eating.”   She rubbed her hands and walked ahead of Jaejoong.

______________________________________________________________

“Thank you Yoochun…I must have bothered you.”   Hara said sitting with Yoochun at a café.

 

“No problem…I’m actually glad you called me.”   Yoochun said thinking it as a date.

Hara seemed nervous to Yoochun. Yoochun who was thinking that this was their first ever day together didn’t know what she was about to say.

 

“There is something you know Yoochun and I want you to consider then decide what to do.”   Hara seriously said.

 

“Very well, go ahead.”

 

“You know that still haven’t agreed to your proposal and you know the reason and I don’t want to keep you waiting nor lead you into this relationship.”   Yoochun nodded.

 

“The main reason I never agreed to your proposal cause I love someone else.”   Yoochun’s eyes went wide. His first ever love had loved someone else…his brain wanted to burst out. But he remained calm and listened to her.

 

“The problem is he hasn’t answered my feelings yet…that’s why I haven’t gone to him.”   That made Yoochun more nervous…what was she saying then.

 

“Yoochun…you are a human being and I don’t care if he doesn’t love me or reject me. I don’t mind at all…but the thing is you want me to be your partner. Are you sure now about what you want?”   she asked.

 

“I…am absolutely sad…I cant deny that…I mean you’re the first girl to dump me…but since he doesn’t return your feelings…why cant I expect?”   he asked.

 

“Cause you’re not an option for me. Do you want me to keep you as a choice in case he rejects me? You have slight pride don’t you?”   she asked with pride in her voice. It made him think for a while. She was right…no one ever said that to him. He realized it even more that she was definitely the right for him. She was honest.

 

“I don’t care…I still want to be with you.”

 

“Yoochun give yourself a chance where you can benefit. You cant waste your time with me.”   She said.

 

“I’m not seriously. I love you Hara…you’re the first one who has ever said to me those things. I’m more sure than ever that you respect my feelings and care about me even as a friend and that’s all for me.”   Yoochun was quite shocked with his own words.

Hara stared at him…he was so innocent…she should tell him who the guy is.

 

“You wont think that way once you know who the person is.”

 

“Try me girl…Jaejoong?”   Yoochun’s eyes went wide.

 

“What? How…”

 

“No look behind. Its Jaejoong.”   Yoochun repeated. Hara turned around and saw the shocking scenery.

Jaejoong was walking out with groceries with Minyoung.

 

“Do you think they are…”

 

“No…Yoochun be careful what you say. If Minyoung hears it she might not let you go in one piece.”   Hara said. It was true. She turned to them again…they didn’t look like more than good friends…she doesn’t know about Jaejoong but Minyoung wasn’t the type to fall for some guy and specially not Jaejoong. They could be nothing more than siblings.

 

“What are they both doing with groceries?”   Yoochun asked to himself.

 

“May be they are planning on cooking together.”   She normally said, it actually made Hara happy that they were getting along together.

 

“Doesn’t it bother you?”   Yoochun asked her.

 

“No, it doesn’t actually. I’m just glad she actually is getting along with a boy.”   She kept looking at them.

 

“What do you mean? She normally doesn’t?”   he asked looking at her.

She shook her head and looked back to him. She understood if she tells him about Jaejoong, there might be a huge fight between two good friends. She has to forget Jaejoong and save Yoochun from herself.

 

“Let’s be nothing more than friends…find someone better than me Yoochun.”   She smiled.

 

“I wont give up on you so easily, trust me.”   He smirked.

 

“You had so many girl fans…why don’t you go out with them?”   she asked.

 

“They are scary…unlike you.”

 

“Thank you Yoochun. But I still don’t want to hurt you… I’m not that selfish.”   She added.

 

“I know, that’s why I must never give up on you.”

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Junsu and Ga-in walked to a hot dog store.

 

“This is your ‘somewhere’. Wow its so nice…a hot dog store…I absolutely love hot dogs and I am so enjoying my time.”   She mimicked in a girlish way pissing Junsu off.

 

“Alright my spoiled daddy’s girl, I know you like fancy restaurants but I thought you would like some normal food.”   He twitched.

 

Ga-in crossed her arms on her chest and leaned on to the wall.

 

“Junsu I have eaten normal food and just because I don’t look like it…I have actually hung out with normal people more than you.” She said it in a matte-o-fact way.

 

“Well if you have but not this one before. Come on.”   He took her hand and led into the store where he ordered two hotdogs.

 

“What’s so special about these hot dogs? Aren’t they like, normal hot dogs, or they have actual dogs in them?”   she teased.

 

“Just shut up and wait. You’ll know.”   He said.

They stood waiting for their order when Junsu noticed few familiar girls…they were from SM and the ones who bothered them.

 

“Oh no…”   he hid his eyes.

 

“What’s the matter? Something in your eye?”   Ga-in asked.

 

“No, just horrible people from horrible past.”   He said pointing to the girls who were coming towards the store.

 

“Ooh, then just say hi if they so horrible. I still say hi to horrible people just to shame them.”

 

“They are much worse; they even assaulted a girl and made her leave the school just because I help her pick her books. Who knows what they’ll do to you.”    

 

“Then get away from me. I don’t want them to go through plastic surgeries.”   She said.

 

“Heh? You mean the opposite.”   Junsu corrected.

 

“No, if they attack me I’ll smash their faces. Plus they should know never to fight their own just for some guy.”

 

“What do you mean some guy? I was popular within them.”   He said.

 

“Yeah I can see what kind of people they are.”   She saw them giggling and entering the store.

 

“Quick, hide me.”   He tried to hide behind Ga-in but she shoved him away.

 

“Get away from me dolphin.”   She muttered

 

“Oppa! Hey its Junsu oppa! Junsu oppa!”   they started screaming in the store.

 

“Oh no…Hi.”   He said taking Ga-in’s hand all of a sudden. She tried to free her hand from Junsu but he tightened it.

 

“Oh oppa how we missed you…will you come back soon?...who is she?”   they noticed Ga-in being extremely close to the guy pissing them off.

 

“Oh this?”   he brought her forward to the girls not leaving her hand.   “A very good friend of mine.”   He showed his teeth pretending to smile…Ga-in wriggled in his hands but unsuccessful.

 

“Say hi Ga-in dear.”   The girls winced at the dear.

 

“Hi…girls…he tells me so much about you three.”   She clenched while smiling. If it wasn’t for the hotdog she wouldn’t have knocked them all.

 

“Yeah I did, why don’t you all talk while I come back for a minute ok?”   he left them alone not being able to control his anger. He didn’t know why he left her alone, because he knew she’ll kill them all for him

 

“Oppa is with this s***, she is nothing…”   they whispered to each other.

The oppa word disgusted her.

 

“What?”   she tilted her head asking what they just said.

 

“Oh I just said you are just a time pass for him.”   One of them said.

 

“Oh no, I just heard you all calling me .”   Ga-in said.

 

“Yeah we did. What are going to do? Fight us all?”   they mocked her. Their hotdog had arrived that time and…

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”   Junsu ran back inside to see what was going on.

 

The girl were jumping shoving their clothes…the worker was astounded what he had just seen. Ga-in was totally shocked…or at least he could tell she was acting.

 

“I’m so sorry…I didn’t see that. Your skin didn’t burn right?”   she knelt down beside them.

The hotdogs were on the floor, they must have been hot and now wasted. Junsu quietly paid for the hotdogs even without eating them and went to the girls.

 

“Are you alright girls?”   he muttered knowing the situation.

 

“Oh Junsu I didn’t realize that I had dumped hot hotdog into their clothes and now their skin is burnt.”   She showed him the goo-goo eyes while the girls screamed.

 

“You! You ! You’ll pay for this! Wait till Victoria hears of this! She’ll tear you apart!”   one of them threatened.

 

“Well I wont be sitting here waiting for her. I have better things to do. I’m out of here.”   She walked out and Junsu sighed. He followed her without paying the girls any notice.

 

She kept walking without waiting for Junsu who just followed her.

 

“Are you angry at me?”   Junsu asked.

 

“Yes I am, I have never fought a girl because of a boy, but now…she called me a cause she thought I was your pass-time. Geez…such low thinking. Why didn’t you notice them back in those days or else they never would have been this angry at others.”   She said.

 

“Are you saying I should have two-timed them? They are humans too you know.”

 

“Like you cared that…is that why you hated girls?”   she asked stopping in the middle.

He stopped too and looked down.

 

“Yes…that’s why I hated girls…specially bullies.”   He said.

 

“They didn’t physically harm you…”   she pointed.

 

“No they didn’t…but…I started caring about someone…and they took her away from me.”

 

“A lover?”   she asked.

 

“No, just a girl I came to care for…the only one whom I could talk to…she seemed like a sister to me…as I have none.”   He said.

 

“Oh…well you do have a brother…and other girls swoon over you.”   she added.

 

“That is true…but tell me…guys must be drooling over you…why is it that they are afraid to come near you?”   he asked.

 

“Where did you see that? The soccer players come near me…”

 

“I mean why it that, guys never ask you out is?”   he corrected.

 

“I…don’t trust men very much…”

 

“A lover betrayed you?”   Junsu asked with a hint of joke.

 

“No…someone very close.”   She answered gloomily. Junsu looked at her for few minutes. He should cheer her up.

 

“Then you should have turned lesbian…”   he sniggered.

 

“Me? I actually thought you’re a gay…”

 

“I don’t look that girly…or act that way…”   he humphed.

She laughed lightly seeing his reaction.

 

“Let’s be friends…Ga-in.you can trust me.”   Junsu held out his hand to her. She hesitated a little…then lightly put her hands into his. He squeezed it lightly.

 

Unknown to both one of those girls had taken their picture together behind the tree…the girl growled at Ga-in for shoving hotdog in her clothes.

 

“Ohh you have no idea what Victoria will do to you for messing with her peeps.”

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Jaejoong and Minyoung were walking back thinking of inviting the others very soon.

 

“Let’s call them first then start cooking.”   Minyoung suggested. They were back to Minyoung’s home. Jaejoong kept his groceries on the grass and called his friends while Minyoung called hers. None of them knew that they were together in pairs.