Crazy people

Maestro

 

For about three days the cold war between Daemul and Yoochun continued. None of the friends could even guess that was happening because they were too immersed in their problems; although Jaejoong’s problem was still related to Daemul…

 

Everything was related to Daemul…and she hated that. She ignored Jaejoong as much as possible and tried not to talk to Yoochun who was too busy, not disturbing her.

 

Meanwhile Ga-in was too upset over her father’s statement that day. She knew that Junsu wasn’t the type and yet somehow she still couldn’t trust men. However she maintained a good relationship with him. Junsu could guess she was upset but didn’t force her.

 

As for Hara; she tried very hard not to be a burden…she hated crying more than anything.

 

So it was this very fateful day that everything had to happen all at once and it started with the poor dramatic Hero. He was walking in the bookshop where he had first talked to Hara. His hands were each of the books as he was wondering which one to take this time. Doing so his fingers collided with another, as he looked to see Hara. Her face however didn’t have any sort of surprise. It was as if she didn’t care anymore. Removing her hand she mumbled at him.

 

“I’m sorry…”   

Not leaving a chance for response she walked away. Unable to resist, he dashed after her leaving the shop and held her shoulder. However that got him a cold shrug, as she turned and looked at him.

 

“What do you want?”

Her annoyance was clearly heard.

 

“I…uh…”

 

“What?”

She didn’t have time for these.

 

“Why don’t you say yes to him?”

He finally asked the obvious question…once again.

 

“None of your business Jaejoong.”

She was tired of all these.

 

“Its time that you let it go…I have. Why are you so stuck up about this? Why do all the drama? Its simply not benefitting you in any way. If you really care about Yoochun then you better put a stop to your act and just be cool about it because I simply don’t care anymore after what you did. So you better not poke your nose in any of my business.”

She pointed out to him casually however he had a say in this.

 

“This is my business Hara because I simply can’t forget you! Damn it, I had to stoop so low with you to get you to hate me; which you do. But it still didn’t so what I wanted…getting you with Yoochun. Hell, I even bothered Minyoung to the point of almost getting killed by her!”

 

“You did what? What did you do to Minyoung Jaejoong?”

She asked very cautiously…causing Jaejoong to look away. He thought she would catch that he actually loved her…but no. she had to catch the daemul part.

 

“I…asked her…to be my cushion in a sense…and she kicked me out.”

He mumbled…which was pretty humorous.

 

“And she did well. What did you expect she’d do? Embrace you like a fool? You’re a fool!”

 

“What about you? You’re the slow one here! I just said I did it to forget you and the only part you get is daemul!”

 

“Of course I did. Daemul is more important to me than you!”

 

“Well so is Yoochun!”

That shut her up…looking away she asked.

 

“What’s your problem? Just leave this alone…what wont be; cant be done by force. You cant make me love him…unless I do myself. And its not that, I haven’t tried. I did…and when I do talk to him…he seems out of earth…thinking something else. He has a lot in his mind…and I’m not one of them. The rest he shows is just his infatuation. I know when I see one. So leave out of this…and watch out for your own life.”

Turning finally she left. Jaejoong watched her figure vanish and he finally in anger screamed out in the open. He was nearly on the edge of his control. He didn’t know how long he could hide all the feelings bottled up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu didn’t know why he was called here…he suddenly received a call in the telephone and the man said that he was Ga-in father and that he wanted to meet him. He was at this huge mansion…not that he hasn’t seen one in his entire life. Just because he didn’t live in one, wasn’t the fact that his family lacked the money for it. His older twin was in charge of the business as he wished while Junsu is on the side he desired…music.

 

However he still wondered what Ga-in’s father had to do with him. He quickly stood up; seeing both figure coming down the stairs; one man and a woman who seemed too young to be Ga-in’s mother. He guessed she was her older sister. He bowed showing respect to both of them but was gestured to sit down.

 

Doing so, Mr. Son asked.

 

“So, Junsu is your name right?”

 

“Yes sir.”    He answered optimistically.

 

“And you’re a friend of Ga-in.”

 

“Yes…”   he nodded casually.

 

“What do you do?”

 

“Well…I’m merely a student of Maestro at the moment.”   He laughingly answered. However Mr. Son did not smile to that. he further asked.

 

“What do you plan in the future?”

Junsu thought for a minute. He wasn’t the type to show off about his family and judging by Mr. Son’s question; Junsu guessed that her father detested brazen attitude.

 

“I am planning to graduate from here and momentarily take up TA’s position at Maestro. I’m going to need all the work experience before I become a composer or a singer.”

 

“So basically…”    Mr. Son looked at the woman and finished.      “You’re a loser.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“As I guessed you’re only using my girl to fulfill your high and mighty dream; which I say is quite high indeed however your motive to befriend my daughter is not.”

 

“Are you saying that…I am with Ga-in because of her…money?”

That was utterly ridiculous.

 

“Isn’t that obvious? She doesn’t get it though. She says I’m wrong about you. Tell me how could I be wrong about the fact that my girl is befriending someone of middle class not for her money?”

 

“M…middle class?”

Her father seriously had no idea about him then. Of course he couldn’t blame him; after all it was Junho who was the face for KJ not him…

Clearing his throat he asked himself.

 

“So…what do you want me to do? Stay away from her?”

 

“No…she wouldn’t let that happen. I want you to do something to break her trust in you. For that I am offering you $500,000…cash.”

 

“I suppose that should be enough till you earn enough…”    the woman added.

Standing up Junsu looked down at their figures.

 

“Does Ga-in even know about this? Why am I asking? Of course not. If you doubt me: fine because your’re her family and you can ask me to stay away from her and I will. So you can keep your money in your pocket. I have enough and right now I had enough. Ga-in is my friend…she’s a good companion for me and I learned a lot from her; I respect her. Respecting her; I should respect your wishes to never talk to her again. Good bye.”

 

Not forgetting to bow; he left the mansion. Mr. Son looked at Hyori worriedly and stated.

 

“He’s a lot cunning than he seems…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoochun had stayed behind in his class letting the other two go first. He had seen Hara and Ga-in leaving but not daemul. He knew she was here and…well he was staying behind because of her. Even though he had been ignoring her for the past days, he felt something about today. Maybe the fact that she was always distant from all…it has been bothering him these days. he walked through the violin department corridor which was empty at the moment. They always had late hour classes for some reason.

 

He kept walking to search for her class room number when…a familiar music…entered his ears. The music which he heard for the very first time at the hill…by the girl. He harshly turned and dashed towards the sound.

 

The sight before him was hazy as he was too excited about it. He finally knew that she was here…his idol played the music in this very campus. He turned right and the music stopped right there. He didn’t know where it came from as there were at least a dozen doors before him…

 

He heard the door open; he looked to see a woman with very long hair…and actually the same length and brown in shade wearing a cocktail dress. He could only see her back; as he was about to chase after her, he heard her voice.

 

“Yoochun?”

He looked back and saw Minyoung standing there on another doorway.

 

“Minyoung?”

 

“What are you doing at this hour? Your classes ended long ago…”

 

“I was…”    he looked back to the direction where the woman was going but she wasn’t there anymore. God knows how Minyoung’s voice stopped him from going after the mysterious woman. Nevertheless he looked at Minyoung and finished.  

 

“Waiting for you…”

 

“Why? You need something?”

No…he just wanted to. But then…if the woman studied here; daemul could know her. However he decided not to say it.

 

“I just wanted to say…”         he sighed.         “I’m sorry.”

 

Minyoung sighed a bit because of his desperation and patience only to apologize that he waited late hours.

 

“Yoochun…don’t do this again. Your life isn’t worth it.”

 

“Well…I cant comment on that honestly but I felt obliged; not obligated. So…you don’t have to worry about it anymore.”

 

“So you only waited to say sorry?”      she smiled looking at him.

 

“No…not that only. You’re always separate from your friends; be that because of class or work. You have fewer classes with friends and more on your own. So I thought that…I could accompany you home.”

 

“That is absolutely…”

 

“Unnecessary? I know…as I said; I’m obliged; not obligated. So please…for once.”

For the first time she actually noticed his gentility rather than any desperation. She smiled lightly and nodded agreeing with him. She took up her violin and walked before him; leaving him to follow.

 

For the moment he had forgotten about the violin girl.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Junsu was sitting on the couch recalling the conversation with Ga-in’s father. He was very offended but yet he could say nothing to her. It would upset her even more; plus he wasn’t the type to tell around about his problems.

 

But why would he even think that he was using Ga-in? He respected her more than any woman he had ever done besides his mother. Sure she had her own way for everything but behind every act she did; it had logic.

 

He felt like if he was the ‘push’ then she was the ‘pull’. If he was willingness then she was sanction.

 

“I’m thinking too poetic.”    He mumbled.

He heard the door sound; seeing Jaejoong coming out of his room.

 

“I’m going out Junsu…don’t wait up for me.”

He said hazily.

 

“Where are you going at this hour?”

 

“Out. Where is Yoochun?”

 

“He said he had some errands to run; he’ll be back soon.”

 

“Oh well…I’m out.”

He walked to the door and stepped out shutting it behind him.

Junsu made a ‘tch’ sound guessing the correct situation about Jaejoong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Thank you for the walk Yoochun.”    She deeply put.

 

“It’s just a walk daemul.”

 

“You seemed to wait about an hour for it.”

 

“Well…”    leaving off at that.    “Never mind that; go now. It’s getting dark.”

 

“Be careful.”

 

“I will…”

He smiled and saluted at her; then left off walking…they actually walked all the way.

 

Going back home; Yoochun saw Junsu sleeping on the couch. Not wanting to disturb him like he usually does; he went to the counter and poured himself a glass of water. Hearing the sound Junsu shot up from the couch screaming.

 

“I’M GONNA KILL YOU !”

 

“What for?”    Yoochun mumbled knowing why he shot up like that.

 

“I know you were going to splash that on me! Don’t deny it!”

 

“Ok.”   He shrugged merely and drank it. Finishing it he walked to Jaejoong’s room when Junsu pointed out.

 

“He aint home. He went out somewhere. Don’t know.”

 

“Hmm…well I’m off to rest.”

 

“What’s with you? No sick jokes today?”    Junsu asked rubbing his eyes.

 

“Nah…too bored.”

He went to his room and shut the door. Slumping on the bed he shut his eyes trying to sort out his priorities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The music…the same music near the hill soothed him to no explanation. What was about this tune that made him feel so heavenly? It was not any composer’s piece. It was merely the simple yet dreamy tune. However the sad tone broke his heart and if he could his piano along with it, this would be one of the greatest pieces. He simply watched the girl’s back and the long straight coal black hair flowing in the wind and as he was about to reach her a ring…

 

RING!!!!

 

His eyes shot open noticing the darkness around him. It wasn’t morning…it was the landline phone in his room; Junsu was probably in deep sleep to pick it up. He sat on his bed and received the phone hearing an unknown voice.

 

“Who is this?”

 

“Is this…Yoochun? Or Hara?”

 

“Yoochun.”   Why would he be Hara?    “Who is this?”

 

“Sir I think your friend is completely knocked out due to alcohol. Please be here immediately and receive him.”

His eyes got rid of all the sleepiness and asked firmly.

 

“Where is it?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had no idea how or why Jaejoong would drink or get drunk. Above the fact getting knocked out. He stepped out of his car and stepped inside the bar; seeing so many people. He asked someone about he knocked out man and was directed to a private room where he was lied down. He actually was relieved that no one robbed or him.

 

Yes…even being a man, many men actually targeted him for self pleasure. He was sure that some already tried but this place was too repudiated for actions to be done.

 

“Sir please make sure, your boyfriend doesn’t repeat this sort of action; its kind of a hassle for a place like this.”

He was specially twitched about the fact that they thought he was gay…his hyung must have mumbled out his name too much. But then why would he mention Hara?

 

“He’s not my boyfriend…”

 

“Well none of our business whether you two are together or broken up. Just control him.”

The man left him and Yoochun walked to Jaejoong poking him to wake up.

 

“Hyung; get up. We’re going home. Junsu is waiting for us.”

Jaejoong’s eyes opened lazily and gave a stupid yet beautiful smile to him.

 

“Yoooochuuun….my friend, my brother from another mother…how are you?”

 

“Stop talking and get up. I ain’t picking you up. They are calling me a gay already.”

 

“Yoochun? Gay? Hah! You’re too good looking to be a gay! You have all the women around you…why would you be gay? Who would you be gay for? You have Hara right?”

 

“Get the up hyung! This isn’t like you.”    He pulled Jaejoong up on his feet but still had to drag him while Jaejoong mumbled along.

 

“Yoochun is so nice and sweet.”

Yoochun could seriously feel all the eyes at him…yep he was officially marked gay.

 

“Yoochun deserves all the girls…even men if he wants.”

Men actually eyes him with interest…damn he wasn’t gay; he was sure of it.

 

“But he had to fall for the girl I liked…Hara. The tough cookie…why Mickey? Why you had to fall for her?”

That didn’t sound tragic, but rather accusing. Yoochun was too busy to be shocked about this right now. This dumb just confessed while being drunk.

 

“I saw her before; I loved her before and yet…you had to fall for her. You have no idea what I did to forget her…I made her hate me; I got beaten up by Ga-in and wanted to use Minyoung as my cushion and she too…”

That caught his attention.

 

“Kicked me out…and I still am lurking over the feeling. Why does this hurt?”

 

“You did what to daemul?”    he whispered angrily as he pushed him in the seat and shut the door.

 

“I said I love herr…”    and a hiccup came out.     “But she said no…”    another hiccup cut off.

 

“So…I…but she…then I…hccup!”

 

“That’s it hyung! We’re going home!”    he angrily started the car and drove off.

 

Damn…why didn’t she tell me about this? Why didn’t anyone tell me about this? Everyone has been protecting me all along! Bull! This is simply bull!

 

Somehow the fact that hyung loved Hara…didn’t hurt him at all…

 

Could it be? I never was in love with Hara…it was always…

 

And who else could it be? The one he’s been dying to see all along…

 The violin woman…???