42

My 12 Guardians

The nine guardians that were still stuck wandering Seoul had abandoned the bustling roads and taken the easier, more private back ally ways. They were on a path that looked too familiar. Although the night air felt omnious the wind kept the guardians huddled closer to each other making their situatioin seem slightly more pleasant. The single street light that was surrounded by tall old concrete buildings flickered on and off. Pot holes still covered the road. 8 more steps. The 9 boys stopped in front of a tall apartment building and walked up 2 flight of stairs. Each and every one of their steps were in sync, their eyes that use to hold a tired expression now looked lifeless. They moved like robots that were being controlled by an outside force. Of course the guardians moved like that. Lucifer had that ability to make others do what he willed. And now he was simply keeping his side of the trade with you. The guardians journey stopped at the outside of an apartment that was now going crazy on the other side of the metal door.

*********

'Duizhang! He's awake! Kai's awake!' D.O. screamed when he saw Kai's eyes start to open. Kris rushed through the kitchen door wtih a shocked In Young and annoyed Hye Mi following him.

'Kai! Kai can you hear me?! Are you okay?!' Kris asked grabbing onto Kai's shoulders.

'Hyung... Duizhang, can you two shut up? Please? You're giving me a head ache.' Kai mustered when his eyes were fully opened. He cringed with pain trying to sit up on the plush couch. Looking around at his surroundings Kai could tell exactly where he was. In a split minute he stop cringing and his eyes widened into saucers.

'Savior! Why are we in Savior's old apartment?! Are we on Earth?! Where's Savior?! Where are the others?!' Kai exclaimed hanging onto Kris's and D.O.'s arms for balance as  he tried to put his feet on the ground.

'Kai, there's so much to tell you, and there's so much that we don't know either...' D.O. started to say.

'I think you need to go buy more clothes Hye Mi-ah.' In Young started to say when she looked Kai up and down and saw the large crusted blood stain on his white shirt.

'Who are you two?' Kai asked glaring at the two faces of the strange girls that stood on the other side of Kris.

'You can tell him who we are. I'll go with Hye Mi to get more stuff.' In Young told Kris and D.O.

'WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE OH MY GOOD GOD CAN I NOT GET A GOSH DAMN BREAK?!!' In Young turned her attention towards the front door along with the other three boys that looked shocked by Hye Mi's harsh language.

'WHAT IS THIS THING DOING HERE?! WHO IS THIS?!' Hye Mi demanded pointing at the girl dress in torn and tattered clothing curled up in a ball at the front door. Kai immediately shot up from his seat totally ignoring the aching that killed his muscles and ran to the door pushing Hye Mi aside.

'Savior! Savior why are you here?! Why are you like this?! Who did this to you?! What...' Kai started to say before breaking down into streams of tears.

'Savior...' Kris and D.O. said at the same time rushing to Kai's side.

'Why is she like this? She wasn't in this bad of a condition in Nifelheim....' D.O. pointed out.

'Take her in. We need to heal her.' Kris said helping Kai pick you up.

'Nuh uh. Not her. No way is she coming in here. No more of you people.' Hye Mi said blocking the boy's way.

'Let her in. Hye Mi-ah we can't just turn our backs on this girl. She's practically dead!' In Young argued.

'Yeah, and so have the rest of these strangers. They've all been "half dead" but I don't really see any one of them dying.'

'That's a good thing Hye Mi.'

'I don't care! I have class tomorrow In Young. You do too. What are you doing helping total strangers?!' While In Young and Hye Mi were arguing the 3 guardians carried you over to the couch. D.O. headed into the kitchen and came out with a bowl of cold water and a towel. He began to wipe the dried blood off of your body. Kris took your shoes off and Kai started to strip you down before Hye Mi intercepted.

'What do you think you're doing?!' Hye Mi exclaimed pushing Kai away.

'How dare you push me?!' Kai retaliated.

'How dare you strip a girl?! At least give her some privacy. Move out of the way, I'll take care of her.' the hot headed human shoved Kris and D.O. aside and called for In Young to help her carry you to their room upstairs. In Young smiled at her friend, knowing that Hye Mi although sounded harsh had the biggest heart in the whole world.

Kai, Kris, and D.O. watched as the two human girls brought you away, closing the wooden door upstairs.

'Can we trust them?' Kai asked his hyungs.

'Me and Duizhang have trusted them since we've gotten here. There's no point to doubt them now. Even if they wanted to do something they can't pose a threat towards us.' D.O. answered in assurance.

'Other than that, there’s so much that I don’t know. Why are we on Earth? What happened to our fight on Nifelheim? And where are the rest of our brother?’ Kai asked seating himself down easing his pain.

‘We don’t know how this all happened. The rest of the guardians are missing. All I know is that I woke up in this house with those two girls healing me. D.O. showed up with you several hours later. You were practically dead. Your life source was all gone. How... how did you suddenly wake up Kai?’ Kris explained sitting down next to Kai, only to have the later awkwardly move further away from him.

‘D.O. hyung, can I talk to you?’ Kai asked getting up from his seat heading to the all too familiar rooftop of your old apartment. Lugging himself up the rusting metal stairway he looked to how much the city has changed. None. Of course there would be no change. 2000 years on Exo is only 1 and a half years on Earth. It’s only been a bit over a year Earth time. Although the city itself didn’t change the emotions that Kai held for it did. He remembered the bus rides, and all the walking he did with you and all the other guardians. They were so awkward at that time knowing nothing about the human culture. It was you who got them accustomed to the new environment. Those quick thoughts raced in and then out of Kai’s mind when D.O. showed himself. The night sky was filled with gleaming stars and a little gust of wind blew making D.O. in his T-shirt shake from the cold.

‘What is it Kai.’

‘Why are you so close to Kris. Duizhang? I haven’t heard you call him that in over a thousand years.’ Kai said still looking out to the city.

‘Kai, it’s not time to pick on each other now. Remember when we made up in the Guardian’s office back on Exo planet? When we went to find Chanyeol and Savior together at Savior’s bakery? You haven’t forgotten about how hard Kris fought against Sungyeol on Nifelheim have you? He didn’t just fight for Savior, Duizhang fought for us.’ D.O. concluded putting a hand onto Kai’s shoulder looking to the city with the later.

‘I also haven’t forgotten about how he almost killed me and you. How he almost led us to death.’ Kai said coldly. His words froze over making D.O. shiver more than the wind had.

‘Forgive and forget Kai.’

‘Hyung, you were the one that hated Kris the most.’

‘And now I want to be the first to forgive him. The rest of the guardians have. Can’t you move on?’ When Kai didn’t answer D.O. continued.

‘We have a job to find the rest of the guardians. We have a job to save our planet that’s still dying. Exo doesn’t have many more thousands of years to last Kai. If you don’t care about any of that, then let me tell you who else we need to save. There’s Savior. We have her to protect. And hating each other isn’t going to help that.’

‘Whatever.’ Kai went back downstairs leaving D.O. to think to himself.

*When will that kid grow up? Kai, you care about every single one of the guardians even more than yourself and Exo planet. Why won’t you just fess up to your feelings?*

_____________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm still trying to figure out how I'll have Kai and Kris fix their problems with each other because remember even if they all "Made up" Kai and Kris are strong headed characters. Almost annoying replicas of each other ^_^ but no worries, I'm sure they'll fix their friendship/brothership? <---- is that a word? any ways I'll try to update as soon as possible so for now remember to leave comments if you have something to say, up vote if you liked the story so far, and subscribe if you loveeeeee the story so muchhh and if you loveeeee this authornim annyeong until the next chapter!!