40

My 12 Guardians

 

After you encounters with Kai and D.O. your heart felt unstable, and your lungs seemed to not listen to you because the air you were breathing in didn't help you heart any.
 
'What the hell was that....' You said to yourself. 
 
'Why in the world would I dream something like that?' You heaved in and looked around again at your surroundings. This time instead of a field of fog, the sun blazed down on the green grass giving the little wild flowers that grew from the ground life. 
 
'Well I haven't woken up yet. Wonder who I'll see this time.' and like you predicted, a person popped up in front of you.
 
'Baekhyun! Oh thank god it's you. You're not gonna confess to me are you? You're not gonna ask me to marry you right? Please say you wont.' You asked hanging onto Baekhyun's arms.
 
'Savior what are you talking about?' the dreamt Baekhyun said giving you a questioning look as he took you hand away from his armor sleeve and into his own hands.
 
'It's just... nevermind. Nothing.' You answered not wanting to give away Kai and D.O.'s confessions. Even in dream world, the two deserved their privacy right?
 
'You can tell me anything Savior. What is it?' Baekhyun asked giving you the softest of smiles. With the sun shining down on him the guaridan of light seemed as if he was and angel. 
 
'Nothing, really, it's nothing.'
 
'But I want to know.'
 
'Baekhyun, don't worry.'
 
'I thought we were close enough that we didn't keep secrets from each other.' Baekhyun said his eyes showing hurt and dispair as he pulled away from you. You held onto him even more and shook your head.
 
'No no no don't think that way. It's just something that.... I need to keep to myself.' You reasoned. 'Can we just act as if none of this happened? Please?'
 
'Do I not matter enough to you Savior? As opposed to Chanyeol, or Kai, or even D.O.? Am I just and extra guardian to you?'
 
'Now what are you talking about Baekhyun, why and how can you ever think that? Do you know how much I care for all you guardians? Even our short time on Earth that happened thousands of years ago is still precious to me. If I didn't care for you then I wouldn't have been born again into Exo planet. Fate wouldn't have let me find you 12 again. Even when I tried to run away thinking that if I tried to forget you all everything would eventually go away and turn into my own memories and only mine, instead all of you remembered. The moment you saw me you all remembered that I was your Savior. Fate gave us this chance to be together, and now, I don't care about Lucifer or Angel, because I would hurt you 12 too much if I just listened to those two and left. And I care too much to ever want to deliberatly hurt you.' 
 
'I matter that much?' Baekhyun's baby eyes stared down at you. You nodded your head reassuring him.
 
'Savior.... is there anyway, I can be more important than the other?'
 
'What?'
 
'I, want to matter to you more, than the other 11 guardians.'
 
'Baekhyun...'
 
'No, I don't need to matter more, I just... I want to matter to you, in a different way from them. They can be your brothers and friends, I, want to be more than that. I want you to see me as your protector. As the person that will love you more than a sister, and more than a Savior of my planet. Can you do that for me?' You looked at Baekhyun's hopeful eyes, reluctant to answer his question but before you could even think of what to say the scenery around you shifted again and this time you were at the top of a boiling hot volcano. Flying around you were phoenixes and one of them especially special. Because it began to morph into a human. Landing right in front of you it's fiery mane turned into a bunch of orange hair and it's bird legs changed into tall human limbs.
 
'Chanyeol.' You breathed heavily, the smoke and heat from the rocky volcano making it hard for your lungs to filter the air.
 
'I'm sorry Savior is the heat bothering you?' Chanyeol quickly grabbed onto your waist and made a blue shield of flames around you. You looked questionly at the fire wielder.
 
'It's called ice fire. It's cold fire, instead of burning, it's used for protection. But I don't use it much, you know me Savior, I'd rather fight than stand on the sidelines hiding.' Chanyeol flashed you his signature grin, and you smiled back at him. 
 
*This is still a dream right?* You thought to yourself as you tried to wriggle your way out of Chanyeol's arms.
'Oh, sorry.' the guaridan said and then pulled away from you reluctantly. 
 
'Chanyeol... what are we doing here?' You asked to break the awkward silence that had passed over the two of you.
 
'I... I don't know. We're just here I guess. But, aren't you happy to be alone with me? It's been so long since we've been able to be with each other like this.'
 
'The thing is, this is a dream Chanyeol. I don't think I'm really next to you right now. Remember our battle on Niflhiem? What happened to your battle wounds? You were unconcious, practically dead. How are you able to stand in front of me right now without even a trace of battle scars?' The gears in your brain had began to work the minute you saw Kai. Even in a dream you were bound to remember the boys as they were the last time you saw them. Kai should have been knocked unconcious as well as Chanyeol. D.O. and Baekhyun were one of the strongest fighters in the battle against the ice guards but none of them were hurt in your dreams. 
 
*Some one is controlling these dreams.* You thought to yourself.
 
'What battle? Savior, you're just messing with your mind. We never went to Niflhiem. We were never there to begin with. Everyone was on Exo planet remember? There was never a battle.' Chanyeol argued looking at you earnestly. 
 
'Chanyeol... how could you forget it already? How...' you stopped yourself mid sentence when you realized it. You stepped away from Chanyeol outside of the ice flames that encompassed the two of you. Your eyes looked at the guardian accusingly and you raised a finger pointing straight at the flames that were slowly disappearing.
 
'You're not Chanyeol. You... who are you?' You asked coughing because of the volcano's smoke.
 
'Are you okay Savior? What do you mean I'm not Chanyeol? How could you say that? No matter how much you want to deny that you're not Savior isn't denying me of my own identity a bit too harsh?' Chanyeol said back to you.
 
'You're not Chanyeol. If you were you would have never answered that way. You would have played along with me. You would have acted like you weren't Chanyeol just to mess with me. Who are you. What are you doing in my dreams? What are you doing acting as the guardians.' You stepped back with every sentence.
 
'But I am...' the person that stood in front of you moved closer to you.
 
'Stay away from me.' The "Chanyeol" in front of you began to split into two, and morphed into two figures you were too familiar of.
'Ah, our dear Hana is so smart Angel! She was able to see past our disguises.' Lucifer hissed at your face. Your surroundings once again changed. The ground under you disappeared along with all the objects above and around you. You seemed to be in some sort of warp. Blades of colored light cut through space and you with Lucifer and Angel were standing in the middle of all the blackness. 
 
'What do you two want with me.' You asked. 'What was the point of acting like the guardians loved me?'
 
'Hana-ah, didn't we tell you to stay away from those boys? What are you doing not listening to us.' Angel said.
 
'Answer my question!' You demanded.
 
'Oh for goodness sakes Angel do you see what you did? I told you she ws too connected to those boys and she wouldn't leave them. What was the point of doing that? She was going to accept every single one of those cheesy confessions anyways.' Lucifer sighed glaring at you.
 
'I wanted to trust you to keep away from the guardians Hana. I wanted to spare your life and those on Exo but you give us no choice.' Angel stated regret clouding his bright eyes.
 
'Why do I have to stay away from them?! If I'm reborn as Kang Hana like I was in the last life, if I was born to be Exo's Savior then why are you two keeping me away from my guardians?!'
 
'Because it's Heaven's Law! A mortal cannot know anything of her past life. It's okay for you to be Savior. But save Exo planet some other way, because the closer you get to those boys the more of your memory of the past life comes back. WE CANNOT DESTROY THE WORLD'S BALANCE!' Lucifer yelled into your face his devil's flames bursting around him.
 
'Calm yourself Lucifer!'
 
'No! I will not keep calm. You've already seen what a mess Hana has made. She and her 12 guardians have destroyed Niflhiem! The guardians are scattered on Earth, some almost dead and all of them hurt when they should be healthily protecting Exo from invaders! This is the result of Hana remembering her memories!'  You stood in your spot shaking from the inside out.
 
*It's all my fault.... The guardians... Where are they now? Almost dead and hurt, because of me? Am I really that bad of a person?*
 
'Let me see them.' You asked of the two in front of you. 
 
Reluctantly Angel waved a hand and an image of the guardians popped up in front of you. Suho, Luhan, Chen, Lay, Xiumin, Tao, and Sehun were dressed in their armor wandering in a dark alley way with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Your Yeollie was unconcious and his skin was so sickly pale he looked like he was no the verge of death. Suho's usual hopeful eyes were grey with stress and tiredness. Luhan and Lay helped Baekhyun carry Chanyeol's  body but you could see that they were feeling the fatigue in their muscles. Your two precious maknaes Tao and Sehun were half asleep, dragging their soon to collapse bodies along with the group, having to lean on Chen and Xiumin for balance.
 
*My guardians...* Your heart ached for each and every one of them.
 
'Kris. And D.O., and Kai, where are they?!' You demanded tears b your eyes. Angel waved his hands once again and then you saw the three of them. D.O. and Kris were in better condition they were sitting on the floor of your old apartment, next to Kai who lifelessly laid on the couch.
 
'What's wrong with Kai? I thought Lay healed him on Niflhiem! Why is he like that?!' You asked the tears finally falling.
 
'Kai has no life source left. You can count him as dead. And the chances of saving him, none.' Lucifer said. You looked at the devil eyes wide with disbelief.
 
*Dead.*