34

My 12 Guardians

 

You looked up to the ceiling that was falling apart in the throne room, and what flew in made your jaw drop in awe. You saw two sets of wings, one black, sharp and scaly, and the other red and ribbon like. The black winged creature roared, fire blazing out of its mouth, melting down the ice guards and throne rooms to nothing but water. The walls came down little by little. You could not see the night sky outside of the building. You looked around to see all the guardians grin widely. Suho lifted one hand and the other wielding the water that came from the ice happily. Kris was staring at Sungyeol, not removing, or even trying to hide the glee in his smirk.

‘I’ve told you this before Sungyeol. I’m going to get Savior and all of my guardian brothers out of here. Alive.’ The black winged dragon flew down to Kris as he jumped on it soaring through the cold sky, but the dragon’s heat kept him warm.

‘Thanks for coming Niki.’ Kris yelled over the wind that was blowing in his ears.

‘Of course I came. I couldn’t possibly let my master die in the hands of someone unworthy.’ A soothing female voice came out of the dragon.

‘But my master, there’s no time for us to be giving each other our thanks. It seems that your opponent has found a creature of his own to battle with.’ Niki said turning around to face Sungyeol who was standing gallantly on an ice bird that was as big as the dragon, and covered in deadly spikes.

‘Are you ready Niki?’

‘I’m looking forward to it.’

‘Then let’s go!’

The rest of the guardians continued to fight the ice guards, knocking them down hundreds at a time. You could see now that the guardians held an advantage and Suho’s voice lingered in your ear.

*We’re stronger than you think.*

‘That’s right. I should have never doubted you all.’ You said holding both Kai and Chanyeol in your arms with Lay leaning on your shoulder. You could feel him shiver from the cold wind that was blowing even harder since they were all exposed to the outside. You saw the frost bite beginning to form around Chanyeol’s fingers and lips as well as Kai’s. Suddenly a pair of red wings engulfed you and the three guardians in a warm embrace.

‘Ena! You’re here.’ Lay exclaimed wincing from the pain of the arrow in his shoulder blade.

‘No duh I’m here. My love Chanyeol is in trouble, how could I not come to him?’ The phoenix named Ena said in a childish voice. You looked to her in awe at her flaming beauty. Suddenly the large phoenix turned to you.

‘What are you doing you idiot of a girl! Give Canyon to me and pull the weapons out of Lay and Kai so I can heal them!’ Ena roared to you. You sat there dumbfounded by the phoenix but soon caught on. You laid Chanyeol down on Edna’s flaming wing with Kai, and held onto Lay’s shoulder. Hands shaking in fear you grasped the arrow that seemed to be embedded to so deep into Lay’s flesh. The healer groaned in pain.

‘Savior, you need to calm down. Stop your hands from shaking, and pull straight out.’ Lay said through clenched teeth.

‘I…. I….. I’m sorry…. I…’ You started to pull your hand away but Lay grabbed onto it. His cold hands still felt warm for some strange reason.

‘I believe in you Savior. You can do this. On the count of three okay?’ You nodded your head and steadied yourself.

‘One…’ Lay counted. You took in a deep breath.

‘Two….’ Your hands once again grasped the wooden arrow.

‘Three.’ In one swift you yanked the arrow out, Lay’s blood splattering onto your clothes and face. He groaned and heaved in a big breath.

‘It’s over Savior. You did it. You did well.’ Lay commented between short breaths. Ena then tilted her head close to Lay’s wound that was gushing with blood. A single tear fell out of the Phoenix’s eyes and you watched as Lay’s wound closed up little by little, until there was nothing to his back other than a small scar.

‘Thanks Ena.’ Lay said petting the phoenix on the head, and going over to Kai. You sat there stunned by the sight you just saw.

‘Phoenix tears have the ability to heal.’ Lay explained smiling softly to you. His long fingers wrapped around the dagger that still lay in Kai’s chest. You turned your head away, not wanting to see the disgusting blood. After five minutes you turned around seeing that the wound in Kai has also healed.

‘Is he okay?’ You asked Lay.

‘He’s fine. But, I’m afraid if we don’t get him back to Exo Planet soon his heart will fail him. It’s too cold here for his body to generate enough heat for it to function. I hope this fight ends soon.’ Lay said looking around at the battle going on around them. You nodded your head and once again looked to Ena.

‘Now Chanyeol. Cry on Yeollie! Please save him!’ You begged the phoenix.

‘Stupid girl. I already did. But my tears can only heal outer wounds. My master… he…. He’s on the verge of dying.’ You looked up to Ena, and then Lay.

‘Lay. Save him. You can do that right?!’ You said tears once again streaming down from the reddened eyes.

‘I’m sorry Savior. But Chanyeol’s in even worse state than Kai. For some reason his life source is almost gone. I…. Can’t do anything about that.’ Lay said pulling you into his arms.

‘No. Stop lying to me. He’s Chanyeol. He’s happy virus Yeollie. He’s filled with so much will power and energy don’t tell me he’s dying!’ You yelled so loudly all the guardians and Sungyeol turned to you. All the fighting stopped and everyone’s attention as turned to you.

‘I don’t want him to die! No! Save my Chanyeol! Please god or whatever higher deity is out there! Save my Chanyeol! Save Kai! Take all the guardians away from here! I want to go home! I want to leave! I want to go! Take me and the guardians away god! I want to go home!’ You screeched at the top of your lungs and then through the tears you saw everything around you freeze. Then like a TV screen your eyes shut and the world turned black. What replaced the icy setting was a green grassy field, under a starry night sky. There was no ice guards, no dragons or phoenixes. Just you and 12 guardians. IN a grassy field. Breathing in, Earth’s oxygen.