15

My 12 Guardians

'Good job with the surgery all of you. You all can bring this patient to the recovery room now. I'll go tell her family about the leg amputation.' The gaurdians shot up from their post when the ER light turned off. The crowd of 12 boys ran to the door that were opening. Nurses wheeled you out telling the gaurdians to follow them to the recovery room.

'Can I speak to a family member please?' The doctor trailed behind the nurses. The rest of the gaurdians have already followed the nurses but Suho hung back.

'Is she okay doctor?'

'Patient Kang Hana is doing fine. Her condition is quite healthy currently. She just needs time for her wounds to heal..'

'Oh... thank goodness.' Suho breathed a sigh of relief. 

'But.... there is something else I would like to tell you.' The doctor's expression was weiry making Suho worry on the inside.

'What else is wrong?'

'Hana sshi's leg....we had to amputate it.' Suho who was unfamiliar with human operations asked on.

'What does that mean?' 

'That means, if we put it in a gruesome way, her right leg had to be removed from her body. It's gone.'

'What? What kind of monsterous procedure is that?!' Suho who was usually the calm one lost his cool. 

'How can you people just take away someone's leg?!'

'If we didn't do that then the virus from the fire would have caught onto her blood stream and paralzyed her whole lower body. I'm sorry but the operation was in her best interest. I suggest you tell the other members of your family so there isn't too much shock on their part.' The doctor then walked off down the long lonley hallway leaving Suho standing there stunned by the words he'd just heard. He repeated them over and over again.

'No leg. No leg. No leg..... how am I suppose to tell the boys this? Or do they already know?' Exo's leader ran to the room where everyone was. Once he saw the gaurdians expressions he could tell that they've already found out on their own.

'I should go kill that doctor! How the hell could he remove Savior's leg like that?!!' Chanyeol was fumin the fire igniting in his hands.

'It's not the doctor's fault. Savior would have been paralyzed if it wasn't for him.' D.O. said patting Chanyeol on the back.

'So now what do we do?' Kai asked looking up from you in your deep slumber.

'There is... something.' Everyone turned to Lay who was cooly sitting on the window sill.

'Where are you going with this.' Kris questioned.

'I... might be able to grow Savior's leg back.'

'What?!' Luhan's eyes widened as well as everyone else in the room.

'You never told us you had this kind of power Lay hyung.' Sehun commented. There was hope flashing in his eyes. *Savior can have her leg back!! She'll be normal again!*

'Wahhhh! You're so cool! So does this mean that if I loose and arm you'll be able to grow it back for me?!' Tao started jumping around the healer excited about the knoweldge of this new ability.

'Well what are we waiting for? Hurry hurry hurry! Grow back the leg before Savior wakes up and goes crazy.!' Xiumin pushed his Lay hyung towards the hospital bed.

'Calm down Xiumin we can't risk getting exposed.' Said Chen. Everyone nodded in agreement except for Baekhyun. He, unlike his other brothers knew just a bit about Exo Planet's medical ways. 

'What's the catch?' Baekhyun asked Lay. The healer took in a deep breath and looked at the gaurdians straight in the eyes. 

'To start over. She'll need to start all over.'

'What do you mean start over? Start the day over? To hell with that. Why is there a catch anyways?' Kai demanded at the absurd idea.

'Every times a healer performs a miracle beyond his powers and ability the person being healed must give up something let that be family, memories, or their whole life from beginning to end. The seriousness of the sacrafice depends on the ability of the healer.' Lay explained not being able to look his brothers in the eyes.

'But this means.... if Savior has to start over.... She'll have to start as a baby?' Chen asked.

'Even further than that chen. She needs to be reborn. Into a different family. In a different dimension maybe. Her life will begin again like it's never started.'

'How long will this process take?' Kris asked.

'Are you all sure.... are you sure that I should do this?' Lay said trying to gain acknoweldgement from the rest of the gaurdians. All nodded their heads except for one.

'No. Never will I let Savior out of my grasp.' Kai demanded. *She can't go and forget our times together. Although short I cherish those moments most.* Kai thought to himself. 

'But her leg...'

'It's just a leg! Savior can live without it Sehun!' Kai yelled at the maknae that tried to talk him out of his set thoughts.

'She'll be traumatized Kai!' Once she is she may not be able to move past it and by then the life source we need for Exo planet will disappear because of it.' Suho tried to reason.

'But if he's reborn somwhere we can't find her then what do we do?! Are you all going to leg her go? After all we've done to find her? To just let Savior slip from our fingers.... I'm sorry but I can't do that.'

'Fate Kai. Her destiny doesn't change just because she's reincarnated.' D.O. answered.

'Whatever...' Kai said storming out of the room.

'Do the operation Lay.' Kris ordered.

'Wait!.' Chanyeol interrupted. 'How long does her reborn process take...?'

'7749 years. I know it's long. Maybe too long for Exo to wait but....'

'Exo planet has been waiting for Savior to come along for thousands of years Lay hyung. We've been waiting for thousands of years. What's the problem of another 7 thousand?' Baekhyun said giving Lay the much needed support. 

'Okay then. Let's begin. Tao I need you to stop time for me. D.O. go get Kai we need him to teleport back to Exo planet right after all of this.  You all might want to cover your ears.' And with that Lay began. From out side the hospital doors Kai and D.O. could hear you screaming through the painful process. In their minds as well as others, were the same thought.

*Savior... please.... don't forget us.*

*Savior, I'll wait for you. Even if it's so much longer. I'll still wait.*

*I love you Savior. And I always will. 7749 years later I'll be there. Come back soon.*

*With this, will I be one step closer to you Savior? Just remember me when we meet again.*

*Yout still owe me for talking to you Savior. You better not forget.*

*You're not just a life source. You're my life source. So let it be thousands of more years, I'll always be waiting.*

*Don't be afraid Savior. I've loved you so let time be our test.*

*When I see you again, 7749 years later, let our love blossom into something greater okay?*

The screaming stopped. Time began again. And when the nurses came into the room to tell the boys to leave, everything was gone. No trace of the boys were left. and the bed was folded neatly. They were back home. And now, you were going through the process. 

 

SEVEN THOUSAND…….

SEVEN HUNDRED.......

FOURTY NINE YEARS...........

*WE’LL WAIT*......