19

My 12 Guardians

'Baekhyun.... Baekhyun..... where are yuo?! Chanyeol called out into the cave.

'In here!'

'Do you know where Scarelt is?! She's gone! She just flew away. POOF!' Chanyeol whined to Baekhyun who was sitting on a stone chair decorated with different jewels.

'How should I know. I've been in here all day. Weren't you taking her out on a fly?' Baekhun commented directing his attention back to the spell book that laid in his hands. Chanyeol strutted over to him and ripped the book out from his fingers.

'Help me find Scarlet.'

'What?! Chanyeol she's your phoenix! You look for her.'

'Help me find Scarlet! Baekhyun ah!! Please? How am I suppose to look for her on my own? This moutain top is huge!'

'Ughhh.... fine. I'll help. Just give me back my book.' Baekhyung reached his hands out. Once the precious sheets of papers touched his hands he headed out past Chaneyol into the foggy mist. The moist air hit the gaurdians face making it radiate.

'Where could she be? Scarlet! Hey! Where are you! Scarlet! Scar....' Before finishing his sentence he fell.Baekhyun looked to where his legs got caught and under them laid a pair of tiny feet.

*What the....* Sitting up the gaurdians was able to make out the figure of a girl. A slim body and long black hair covered the smalll over her back and part of her face.

'Hey. Who are you? Miss.... miss....' Baekhyun turned the girl's body around and there you laid. Peacefully sleeping. He stared at you for a moment and then napped out of the trance your beautiful looks put him in.

*Why does this girl... remind me of someone. Who... who are you?* Then you began to stir around your eyes opening. Dreading what you'll see. Praying that your phoenix ride was a dream. Praying that nothing happened to Taemin, praying that you were home. Of course.... prayers weren't always ment to be fulfilled because one your eyes fully opened you met with another boy. A beautiful boy at it. Just staring at him as you put together your logical mind trying to decipher who he was.

*Beautiful boy, on a moutain top, with no way of getting down or up.... logic would make him a gauridan.* You thought to yourself. You shuffled just a bit and then sat up ready for the obvious question the past two gaurdians that were on the moutain asked you. In your head a conversation waws already made but instead of asking who you were the gaurdian that sat up in front of you just stared.

'Do I know you?' He asked.

'What?'

'Do I know you? You look familiar.'

'Oh great.... I've met with a slight weirdo. Look, I've been stranded on this moutain for who knows how long. So if I was ever to have known you it would be in the past. And last I remember the only interactions I've had with a gaurdian has been today and you weren't one of them.' You said rudely turning your back to Baekhyun who was in the process of standing up.

'Hey.... why are you so mean? What did I ever do to you.' Baekhyun yelled grabbing hold of your wrist keeping a tight grip on it.

'You did nothing to me. I hate you because you're one of them. Now let go of me!'

'No! What do you mean by one of them.'

'The stupid gaurdian that hurt Taemin and ruined my day, and brought me up to this stupid place. Isn't he your brotheren?'

*Did Chanyeol do all that? He's the only one that remembers this place anyways* Baekhyun thought. 

'Who brought you?' He asked loosening his hold on your wrist.

'And if I tell you will you help me down? No. Because you're a gaurdian. With powers. And you're terrible like the rest of them. ' Your face became closer to Baekhyun as you yelled at him. Baekhun felt his heart start to race and the more he stared into your eyes the more he began to remember the face of a smiling girl. She has chocolate brown eyes like yours. A nose exactly like yours. Silky smooth black hair like yours. And lips like yours. Lips that he accidentally kissed.

*Who was that person that looks so much like this girl?* Baekhyun racked his brain trying to figure it out but nothing came to him.

'Not all the gaurdians are evil you know. None of them are.' Baekhyung calmly said.

'Them? Why don't you just say us.' You tsked and walked even further away from Baekhyun who kept inching closer and closer to you.

'Because.... I'm.... not a gaurdian.' He stated.

'What?'

'I'm a.... um.... a......... worker! Yeah that. I'm a worker! For the gaurdian that brought you up here!' Baekhyun lied.

*If I want to find out who she is I need to get closer to her. Sorry familiar looking girl but lying is the only way.* Thought the gaurdian.

'So... like a servant? Not a gaurdian?' You sdtarted to soften up to the boy standing in front of you just abit. If he wasn't one of those terrible good for nothing gaurdians then manybe he wasn't that bad.

'Yeah. I'm like a servant.... I.... followed my masterup here to feed his phoenix. I'm Baekhyun by the way.'

'Kang Hana. Just Hana is okay. But.... do you kno anyway down from here?' You asked.

'From this moutain?'

'Yeah I need to get back to my home in the city's central market. My family is probably worried. And... I have a friend that got hurt by your stupid gaurdian master. I need to check on him.' You said pleadingly to Baekhyun.

'I.... I can get you home.' Baekhyun said.

'Really?! You'd do that?! Thank you so much Baekhyung.' You smiled holdnig his hand while jumping up and down. The minute your fingers touched touched his Baekhyun felt a shock run up his blood stream making his nerves react and his heart pounding abnormally fast.

'Y... yeah. N...n.... no problem. Let's go.' Ssaid Baekhyun trying to hide his now cherry red face from you.

*Aish Byun Baekhyun what's wrong with you! It's just a girl! Why are you getting nervous!* But instead of noticing Baekhyun's facial expressions you were too busy being overwhelmed by the fact of going home. Back to the smell of the hot and stuffy bakery.

'Hey Baekhyun how are we going to get down? I've searched all over but there's no way for us to trail down the side. It's too steep.' Baekhyun began to fiddle with the ring shaped like a sun on his right hand.

'We... can ride this and get down.' You looked to the small figure of the sun that laid between his fingers.

'That.... thing?' You asked doubtfully.

'Yup.' Baekhyun threw the rung off the cliff like throwing a frisbee. With a confused expression you went to the edge. there you saw it. The ring grew bigger and bigger and bigger. It floated in the air radiating like the sun. Baekhyun swiftly climbed onto the glowing disc and beckoned you on it with him. You weirly stepped onto the thin surface afraid of breaking it.

'How are you doing this? I thought only gaurdians had powers.' Baekhyun began to stutter worried that he would have already blown his cover.

'N... no no. no. Servants of gaurdians have powers. Yeah.' You decided not to press on and just went with the flow.

'You said your home wasw in the city's central market right?' You nodded your head and with that you left. The moutain looked smaller and smaller the further you two traveled. You felt safe and finally relieved.

*Finally. I get to go home.*

*************************

'I swear Byun Baekhyun when I get back to the palace I'm going to kill you! How dare you leave me to find Scarlet on my own! Aish I'm so mad!' Chaneyol huffed landing the phoenix named Scarlet in the wide courtyard. The tall gaurdian walked into the palace but after reaching the end of the hall way he heard yelling.

'You left her on the moutain?! What?!'

'I was going to come back and talk to Tao and then bring her back here with that boy named Taemin that was with her!'

'Do you know hw dangerous that place is at night?! How can that simple human girl live?!'

'She'll be fine!'

'Yeah with your human eating fire breathing dragons. I doubt that she'll be okay.'

'I said everything will be fine!' D.O. can't you listen to me?!'

'No. No I can't. Because the last time I listened to a Duizhang like you I almost died. We almost died!'

'D.O. stop. We can just go look for her. Don't talk to people like this.'

'Shut up Kai this isn't any of your business.'

'Oh and it's your's? Why don't yuo learn some respect for your elders before speaking Tao.'

'Wahhh!! Heol.... you're so loud. That girl is gone. No longer on the moutain. Okay? No more yelling. I'm going to go find Baekhyun now. Have any of you seen him? No okay then. Bye.' Chanyeol said walking in between the 4 that were bickering but Kris's hand held him back.

'What do you mean no longer on the moutain? How do you know that girl?'

'Who me? Te one named Kang Hana right? Long black hair? Kinda short? Yeah she's gone.'

'What do you mean by gone?' D.O. questioned.

'Gone as in disappeared. Must have been eaten by the dragons.' The fiver gaurdians stood there staring each other in the eyes.

'I swear on my life, Kris if you still want to be Duizhang that girl better be alive. Or else be careful of me.' And then D.O. left with Kai following closely behind him.

*Eaten by the dragons? There's no way. Not my dragons.* Kris thought to himself. *There's no way.*

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Woahh.... lol i was typing this update and i was just like.... it's so boring!! I'm writing the next update after this so hopefully you'll like the next one. a certain reader *cough cough* has been wanted more romance. muahhahahahahhah i have that ready for future chapters too. Look forward to it!! and i hope ya'll weren't too bored out. ^^ bye bye