27

My 12 Guardians

Chanyeol and Baekhyun after having breakfast spent the rest of the day in their room. Baekhyun read books while Chanyeol played with a little phoenix egg, tossing it around and warming it with his fire. After the morning passed and the afternoon came Baekhyun couldn't help bu notice Chanyeol's restlessness. He was pacing back and forth, huffing and puffing and when it came time to go up to the moutains to feed his pet phoenix Chanyeol didn't even go. Baekhyun kept a close eye on his fiery friend all day and when night came he could practically see Chanyeol's skin burning. That night before the two guardians went to bed Chanyeol bursted out screaming.

'Aish! I'm so annoyed!' He screamed making Baekhyun jump out of his bed abruptly.

'What now?!' Baekhyun yelled out loudly scared at Chanyeol's sudden out burst.

"Savior.... she.... we.....we need to go find her.!'

'Channie what the...'

'We need to look for he and bring her back. Now!' Chanyeol said racing towards his dresser to changer out of his pajamas and into his day time clothing. 

'What?! Wait wait wait what are you talking about?! Savior?! Go find her?! Chanyeol what's wrong with you?!' Baekhyun rushed towards his roommate holding his arms back and stopping him from putting the jacket on.

'I have to find Savior. I can feel it Baekhyun. She.... she.... she's sad. She's upset. She's confused I have to go to her. To explain everything. Don't stop me Baekhyun.'

'Why?! Aish why are you like this?! Why are you doing all of this Chanyeol?!'

'Because of Savior!'

'What if she's not Savior?!' Baekhyun yelled stunning Chanyeol and even himself. 'What if.... our memory is messed up? What if she only looks like Savior? How can we be sure? And didn't you tell me she kept denying it? Didn't you doubt her yourself? It's been too long for any of us guardians to be sure that it's her.' The atmosphere in the room became sad and tense. Because of Baekhyun's rant about reality. And the true reality was that they couldn't be sure. Even if the guardians were mind readers how could they make sure you were Savior? The answer was that they couldn't. But with that min mind Chanyeol's expression became even more determined.

'I'll find a way. A way to prove to her and everyone else that the peasant girl that has shown up in our lives these past several days truly is Savior. My memory isn't blurred. At least Savior's image still remains clear to me. And that girl is Savior. I wouldn't forget the face of my first love Bacon. So trust me. Please?' Baekhyun loosened his grip on Chanyeol's arm and the fire guardian turned away and his figure disappeared into the distance. Baekhyun fell to the ground baffled.

'First love? You too Channie? Kai and D.O., Suho and Kris hyung... They love her too. And so do I. Why do you have to be another rival for me? I don't want to fight with you......'

'*********************************

Chanyeol raced out of the castle going as fast as he could but where could he find you? The only moment he had with you was on the moutain, and then there was the slight eye contact when you were in the castle. And other than that, there was nothing else.

'How am i suppose to find you?' Chanyeol asked himself after he'd gond a few miles away from the castle. Suddenly an idea popped up in his mind. Again the guardian ran and ran and he kept running, only stopping when he saw it. His eyes zoomed into the almost dead thing although lifeless the Tree of Life was still majestic.

*After I bring Savior back I'll save you Tree. Exo will be saved. But I need Savior first. Savior first.* Chanyeol took off again until he got to the foot of the guardian moutain that was highter than even Olympus that the greek gods stood on. He picked up a rock and took a few steps back. Raised his arms, and the pebble went flying up the moutain with an immense amount of force. U and up and up the pebble went until Chanyeol couldn't see it. For a moment there was no noise even the sound of the rock landing on the stiff moutain top wasn't heard. Thn the guardian began to count.

'5........4..........3......2.....1.....' And then there was a roar. A sound so loud and menacing even Chanyeol's hair stood on end for a split second. He could see flames flickering from high above and the ball of fire grew bigger and bigger until it reached his face. The guardian easily stopped it with the tip of his fingers and tossed the fire ball back up the moutain. Another roar, but somehow this one sounded happy, if a roar could sound like that. Chanyeol grinned and took 10 steps back. This time coming down from the moutain were a pair of flaming red wings. The beautiful Phoenix landed in front of its master eyebrows slanted into a happy expression. It's mane gleamed and the wings neatly folded into its body. It was a rare creature of Exo, and it belonged to its master. The fire weilder of Exo planet, Chanyeol.

'Ena.... how are you my cute little bird?' Chanyeol grinned widely and the phoenix nudged its head into his chin.

*You came* Chanyeol heard it. Only he was able to understand Ena's type of communication. Phoenix's didn't speak but they had thoughts like humans. Thoughts that only their masters could hear.

'Of course I came. I missed you Ena.'

*You're lying.*

'What are you talking about? I really did miss you.' Chanyeol said shooting the female phoenix a defensive look. 

*Did you forget that I'm able to read your feelings master? You miss me but you miss someone else more. How can I help you find that someone?*

'I love you for understanding me so well Ena. She's the girl on your moutain today. Your sight sensed her right?'

'*Yes....* Ena replied her thoughts trailing off.

'I need for you to find her for me. Where is she now?' The phoenix snorted and turned her back on Chanyeol. Ena was a phoenix but still a female one. A jealous, over procective, territorial female at heart. And when she found that Chanyeol asked her to look for another girl, that human girl instinct told her to reject him.

*No. Tell me to look for someone else. Not another girl.*

'Please Ena. She's really important.' Chanyeol begged.

*No!*

'Please?'

*No!*

'I'll do aegyo....' Chanyeol said. *She's gonna say yes....* Chanyeol thought to himself as he started to make cute faces towards the bird. Ena closed her eyes to stop from seeing him but his thoughts still traveled to her brain. 

*Okay okay okay I'll look for her!* Chanyeol grinned in triumph.

'Let me see when you find her too!' And Chanyeol looked deep into the phoenix's eyes then his sight went blind, and the full image of Exo planet as a whole popped up before him.

*Where should I look first?* Ena asked.

*Try the moutains and fores.*

*She's not there.*

*The castle?*

*Nope*

*Uh... the market...* The phoenix's sight transported it's and Chanyeol's eyes to every house and every room at the capital's market place. He saw a family of grown ups, and kids all sleeping on a floor, a husband and a wife arguin, brothers and sisters fighting, and the he reached the 3rd house away from the end of the main market square. There was a mom and a dad that laid quietly in the bed. Their sleeping faces flickered in the soft fire lamp light. Outside of their room was a bakery. The chairs were stacked up in a pile and a pile of broken wood laid in one corner next to a spiraling staircase.

*Go up Ena.* Chanyeol commanded the phoenis's sight. He trailed the images of the lanscaping paintings of Exo that were hung on the walls. At the end of the hallway that connected to the top of the short staircase was a room with another flickering light. Ena's sight penetrated the wooden doors and then she saw her. Savior. His Savior. 

*Found you* Chanyeol thought. He saw you laying in your bed, neck propped up over two pillows holding a pen and notebook in your hand, every once in a while dipping the foutain pen in ink. Your expression was sad as your eyebrows furrowed. It made Chanyeol frown but he became happy again.  

*You can stop the vision now Ena.* The guardian commanded and then his eyesight went black for a moment a little after that he could see the phoenix and he was once again at the foot of the moutain. 

*Is that her?* Ena asked.

*Yeah. That's her. Thanks so much for your help. I'll see you tomorrow!' Chanyeol turned his back and ran off once again.

*it's 12:00 A.M. What is he doing going to that girl at this time? Who is she?* Ena asked herself as she ignited her body once again and flew off back up into the moutain. 

********************************

Your light flickered on and off in the night was you wrote in your diary entry in a new journal. For some strange reason your last one had gone missing.

Journal Entry #212

Today was sad, scary, happy, and sad again. I talked to Taemin about the dreams I've been having. Well actually I only indirectly asked him weird questions. I know he's curious about them and wants to know but no one can find out about my knowledge of my past life. I regret telling Kai so much. Would that put him into more danger with Lucifer and Angel? I don't want to endanger any of them. I hope Kai forgets everything. Kris and Tao too. They need to totally forget that Savior existed. That way there wont be any threat against them. That way there wont be war because of me. That way my dream wont come true. But as much as I know that they have a chance of dying it hurts me so much to ignore them all. Today Taemin, Kris, and Tao got into a fight. Aren't I suppose to cry for Taemin? But no when I saw Tao my eyes pricked with tears. Why do I have to have feelings for thos guardians? No matter how hard I try they're still etched into my hear. I..........

You dropped your pen and closed the journal and put your hands over your mouth to muffle the sounds of your sobs. You cried and cried and kept crying like you would do everynight. Every time you thought of the guardians you cried. Suddenly the fire lamp next to you flickered into a huge flame, encompassing all of the little copper plate it was laying on. Your room turned so bright you jumped to the side of your bed closer to the window. The fire died down but then a pair of arms wrapped around your shoulders. You jumped again this time attempting to run out of your "haunted" room but the arms wouldn't let you move. 

'What are you?!' You screamed but a hand put itself over your mouth muteing your screams. Then a deep voice whispered into your ears.

'If you scream agin I'll kill you and the guardians and the rest of Exo. Think about screaming Kang Hana. It's not a wise choice.' You froze and the blood in your body ran cold. 

*What's going on?!* Your thoughts screamed. *WHAT'S HAPPENING?!*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : ER MEH GAWD OMG DOUBLE HKP OAISELKDFJPAOWSILEDKFJALSDF FINALLY AN UPDATE! I am so super sorry, well i actually have a really good excuse. School.... is ..... A SON OF A B**CH..... yeah... i hate it. I ABSOLUTLY HATE IT I HAD ESSAYS AND MIDTERMS AND EXAMS AND TEST AND ESSAYS AND HOMEWORK AND I WANTED TO CRY BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGHT TIME TO UPDATE AND..... AND..... AND..... *heavy sob* i miss asianfanfics. <--- lol since i'm on winter break now! THANK THE LORD i get to write and write and write and type up as many updates as i can squeeze out of myself! (: so i think this is the second or third to last filler until we get some rising action in the story ^^ thanks for everyone that's reading this now and I hope you like the chapter ^^ it's longer than usual and hope you don't mind the typos if there are any. Enjoy ^^ and ANNYEONG!